Suckers being SJWed

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/mail.html
twitter.com/AFresh1/status/964187927705108481
gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.en.html
india.com/news/world/muslim-men-can-rape-non-muslim-women-to-teach-them-a-lesson-claims-woman-islamic-professor-873381/
github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
youtu.be/-BhEDKICfLw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do we know why the CoC was changed? For what purpose? The old one was fine and based on the principles of a meritocracy.

AFAIK there was no discussion presented to the public about this..I'm assuming advertisers or investors said something along the lines of "If you don't do this we won't support you anymore".

It's a shame. How did this make its way into BSD?

Women.

Attention deprived and mentally defective outrage enthusiasts are infiltrating every non-physical labor job or hobby someone declares a "boys club" in a bloated clickbait blog. It's a self oxidizing fire that's raging out of control.

It will ruin everything, including the economies of 1st world countries. They are making excuses to half-ass everything by screaming every type of "ism" at everyone who criticizes them.

DROPPIN KNOWLEDGE BOMBS.

>I'm assuming advertisers or investors
MS probably blackmailed them.

Based Theo

I find it disturbing to see how radical idiots claimed the term of "liberal" for themselves while being the most anti-liberal persons I know. Murica.

The more programming become widespread and accessible the more you'll see this retard with snowflacky manias wanting to join in
I wonder why there isn't any sjw calling engineering a "boy only club"

Friendly reminder that OpenBSD also has a codec of conduct and that there is nothing inherently wrong with having one.

openbsd.org/mail.html

>comparing a netiquette with a CoC
brainlet_wojak.jpg

>brainlet_wojak.jpg
>too brainlet to actually upload an image

>Cred Forumstard
Opinion discarded.

There's a difference between "don't be a brainlet and waste everybody's time" and "please suck nigger cock and praise diversity with us". One is constructive, the other irrelevant virtue signalling.
"Stay in topic" is a useful clause, and very far removed from the normal CoCs. Asking a question where every other word is "nigger" serves zero purpose and should not be allowed; being banned for not remaining perfectly PC during a discussion is thought policing. There's a middle ground - Linus is a good example.

Also, a netiquette means people will ignore you or call you a faggot if you break it. Kinda like here on Cred Forums (although these days that's not necessarily true, people will probably just spoonfeed you and/or fall for your bait). A CoC means you get banned from further discussion. Very big difference.

SJWism is pretty much its own religion that seeks to propagate and prosethylize as many as it can. Seems like when you kill belief in gods, people will naturally gravitate to another belief system. And these people do treat their ideas as religion, just try to criticise them and you'll almost feel like some kind of infidel in their eyes with the way they react.

>Do we know why the CoC was changed?
feminists
>For what purpose?
feminism

OpenBSD devs can be pussies too.

twitter.com/AFresh1/status/964187927705108481

Imagine being so upset over a silly picture.

DELETE THIS

>OpenBSD devs can be pussies too.
Like Peter Hessler. Raging fucking faggot.

fucking lists his pronouns in his bio

you'll get limp-wristed faggots like this in any project - the Linux kernel team also has its fair share of cucks. what matters is the leadership, and both Theo and Linus are alpha chads while the FreeBSD Core Team are feminist sympathizers.

It's rumored that Benno Rice is undergoing HRT prior to a full transition which is what started all this in the first place.

>being this new

Moderm liberalism is a disease. More people need to read John Locke's stuff. He's the father of liberalism. From his Two treatise of civil government. Chapter III on the state of War.

>16. The state of war is a state of enmity and destruction; and therefore declaring by word or action, not a passionate and hasty, but sedate, settled design upon another man's life puts him in a state of war with him against whom he has declared such an intention, and so has exposed his life to the other's power to be taken away by him, or any one that joins with him in his defence, and espouses his quarrel; **it being reasonable and just I should have a right to destroy that which threatens me with destruction;** for by the fundamental law of Nature, man being to be preserved as much as possible, when all cannot be preserved, the safety of the innocent is to be preferred, and one may destroy a man who makes war upon him, or has discovered an enmity to his being, for the same reason that he may kill a wolf or a lion, because they are not under the ties of the common law of reason, have no other rule but that of force and violence, and so may be treated as a beast of prey, those dangerous and noxious creatures that will be sure to destroy him whenever he falls into their power.

John Locke, the father of liberalism, would be all for turning the middle east into a glass parking lot, if it meant no more sand niggers causing problems in the UK.

>what matters is the leadership, and both Theo and Linus are alpha chads while the FreeBSD Core Team are feminist sympathizers.

This so fucking much.

There is no way a CoC from some geek feminist wiki would end up corrupting OpenBSD. Just enable Theo mode in mg(1).

>Have I ever been subtle? If my approach ever becomes subtle, shoot me.

>Lazy bums slacking on your asses.

>Search for fuck. Anytime you see that word, you have a paragraph to write.

>No sane people allowed here. Go home.

>Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent Multics in a browser

>shame on you for following my rules.

>cache aliasing is a problem that would have stopped in 1992 if someone had killed about 5 people who worked at Sun.

>You'd be safer using Windows than the code which was just deleted.

>in your world, you would have a checklist of 50 fucking workarounds just to make a coffee.

>the randomization in this entire codebase is a grand experiment in stupid

>Don't spread rumours about me being gentle.

>sshutup sshithead, ssharpsshooting susshi sshplats ssharking assholes.

>My cats are more observant than you.

>I would explain, but I am too drunk.

>You are in a maze of gpio pins, all alike, all undocumented, and a few are wired to bombs.

>slacker!

Is anything safe from SJWs besides OpenBSD?
>tfw Linus is the only thing keeping Linux from getting 100% cucked.

Lots of weak eurofags among OpenBSD developers.

Now you knkw why they wanted to frame him for rape. If you're involved with anything SJWs are targeting, you have to adhere to the Pence Rule for Meeting With Women.

I think NetBSD is fine too.

I like soy wojak

we are missing out on 51% of possible bad contibuters. a coc is asmall price to pay

the only code women contribute is code of conduct. stop hiring women or this bullshit will never stop.

Because a bunch of Cred Forums spergs have been calling people niggers on the mailing list and IRC.

>no discussion of dead-names
>no discussion of gender queer POC's
>no use of the word "intersectionality"
what is this, the dark ages of 2015?

> be normal functional human being
> contributing to open source project
> code of conduct changes
> continue contributing to open source project

Security nightmare.
OpenBSD is the way forward. It's the Research UNIX of operating systems right now, all the good shit has been coming from there lately.

wtf I'm liberal now

gentoo is safe because XX chromosomes are unable to figure out how to install it. but I do worry that linus will get #metoo-ed with false rape accusations and replaced by a PersonOfColored tranny at some point

tits or gtfo

Linus mostly works from home and is married with kids. All he has to do is follow the Pence Rule of not being alone with women he's not married to and he's fine.

Good reason NOT to donate to the FreeBSD shitshow. Time to start funding OpenBSD.

>Netiquette is a SJW CoC
Fuck off with your damage control. #boat has dumped CuckBSD

>10/10/24
not exactly the same liberalism

>hurr durr i think liberalism == libertarianism

What's the point of "code of conduct" ? I thought that on the internet, no one care about your shitty life.

>freebsd cucks sign restrictive NDAs for the privilege of designing and implementing support for other companies' products and unironically add binary drivers to their mainline codebase
>openbsd devs give corporate chucklefucks the finger, never compromise on license, and somehow create a better desktop experience than freebsd could ever hope for

how does this dichotomy even arise?

The OpenBSD devs use the OS as their daily driver.

>OpenBSD devs use the OS as their daily drive

Wait, the freebsd guys don't do this? How do they even develop their OS then?

They use macOS mostly. They only use FreeBSD as server or appliance OS.

Seems like that tge diversity bullshit is not only a scam but a attack vector to subvert and destroy projects

> look at bug report
> slave and master are problematic terminology

..and I'm done

>be normal functional human being
>has opinion

>"Being fat is unhealty"
"Comments that reinforce systemic oppression related to . . . Body Size"

>"Islam is not a religion of peach"
"Comments that reinforce systemic oppression related to . . . Religion"

>"Men and women are biologically different"
"Comments that reinforce systemic oppression related to . . . Gender"

Have fun developing under a censorship happy authoritative core team that can now basically bad you for having any opinion they don't like.

And unfortunately these groups will ban you for activities completely unrelated to the work you do for them, because they view anybody who questions their ever-changing morality as a cancer that needs to be cut out before it infects others. Doubly worse is they'll apply their morality retroactively. Triply worse is they will do all this even when it is actively and apparently detrimental to themselves to do so to avoid the criticism of their peers.

Cluster C needs to be Crushed.

I think their view is abhorrent, but I will fight to the death for their right to say it.
CoCs restrict freedom and therefore are nonfree.

>CoCs restrict freedom
No they don't. It's a privately owned site.

So is literally all code.
That doesn't stop proprietary code from being nonfree.

they pretty much are outside of america

Ownership of "intellectual" property (code) isn't analogous to ownership of real property (a website).
If the BSD folks wanted to make their site into an automotive forum where the letter 'j' is banned, that's their prerogative. You have the freedom to complain about it.

that's a good way of putting it

Websites are intellectual property you mong. The ownership of a website is literally a non-physical abstraction and does not exist outside of a contractual obligation with ISPs. If you are dismissive of intellectual property, the only real physical property here are the wires.

And yes, in a free market completely free of government intervention, a maker of proprietary code can stipulate by contract that use of the letter "j" in any application with the code is a violation of the contract. Thus it is a violation of the NAP and therefore enforceable with violence. Government intervention in intellectual property actually protects the consumer more than the property holder.
In the real world, the government would not enforce this nonsense of the letter j, but in principle this is a right the IP holder gave up to the government.
So yes, they "can" ban the letter j if they want to, that doesn't stop it from being nonfree.

you either never had a point, or had a point and have no idea how to edit. different guy, and i think we might even agree in principle, but this prompts the question: "So fucking what?"

Sorry if my main point wasn't clear: discussion of property rights is completely tangential and irrelevant to whether or not a good/service/product is nonfree and respects user freedom.

I mean, I think that the question of who owns what and who is allowed to do what with what things (property rights) is pretty integral to the discussion of FOSS. The whole issue of "respecting freedom" basically boils down to will an organization litigate you for doing things with their things, and what things are they willing to allow you to do with the things that are, colloquially, theirs. Freedom in tech, especially things like "right to repair" or the legality of crypto are fundamentally questions of property rights, and IP law.

You missed the point entirely and called user a mong which sounds very derisive and rude. This is not a website for rude people and I'm very sorry, but you must leave immediately for deliberately trying to hurt someone else's feelings. The point was that no one's freedoms are being impinged upon because the owners of the BSD site choose a restrictive code of conduct. You have the right to call people niggers, but that doesn't give you the right to do so on someone else's property. For example, in the United States anyway, you can make a sign that says God Hates Fags and display it on your property or carry it in a demonstration. You cannot, however, spray paint God Hates Fags on your neighbor's house without permission, or freely go onto your neighbor's property to demonstrate. If Cred Forums wished to ban you for any arbitrary reason at all they are within their rights. Similarly, if you host your own website you are free to allow people to call each other niggers on it or to ban them or to ban feminism or feminists or whatever else you want to do.

Depends on what you call "freedom". Yes in the scope of property rights what you say is true, but you are completely ignoring my previous arguments.
The creator of intellectual property such as proprietary software is completely within their rights to charge for the software and deny the end user the right to modify, redistribute, or examine the source code of the software.
Judt because the property holder is within their rights to do this, does not make this "respecting the freedom of software users".
What I just described is nonfree, proprietary software. It doesn't respect freedom.
In the same sense, the BSD cite is denying end user freedom of speech, and is therefore nonfree.
See gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.en.html for more information.

The end user's freedom of speech is not being violated. Free speech does not grant you the right to post anything you want on someone else's website. If it is FOSS, then the software is not less free because the site moderates users, either. Free as in Freedom software means that you can take the source code and host it on your own site where you allow people to post anything they want. Or disallow them. The fact that one site has rules about conduct and moderates users does not change the license itself and does not change your ability to copy and redistribute the code how you see fit. Burn the code on CDs and set up a lemonade stand with a sign that says NIGGERFAGGOTNAZIS and redistribute it that way if you want.

Reminder

(You)

if you have any of those opinions and dare to mention them, you deserve the social consequences

>No OpenZFS or Jails
>Lack of modern drivers compared to FreeBSD
>Can't play Steam
>"muh security"
>still hit by Meltdown/Spectre1+2
>A FUCCING FISH
>bloated n fat face
>laquisha lips

>drops mic
Beastie OUT

>any of those opinions
2 of these things are scientific facts...

>you deserve the social consequences
Why would anyone willingly associate with a person from whom you have to fear "social consequences" when mentioning scientific facts?

Damn it is like my point is going over your head completely.
When I'm taking about freedom of speech, I'm not talking about freedom of speech that the government can't regulate, I'm taking about absolute freedom of speech.
I'm also not talking about software in particular. I'm using software as an example as to where a property owner can do something nonfree despite it being in their rights. However, a "free" website will have different conditions that it must satisfy in order to be considered free than software, for example. Hence why I said "in the same sense".
I'm also not saying the government should get involved to prevent websites from banning speech (just as Libre software advocates are not calling for the ban of proprietary software), what I am saying is that you avoid using websites that are nonfree, similar to how GNU advocates avoiding the use of proprietary software.
Ergo as a freedom loving individual, you should avoid using FreeBSD, and if you like the software but not the website, as a freedom loving individual you should fork it (preferably converting it to gpl) and form your own freedom loving community.

Freedom of association is an important freedom as well. They can insult people randomly and others can tell them to fuck off.

You can continue to contribute to FreeBSD if you want (and actually did so before). If is true then I can see why they had to create a CoC, just like if a group took over the messaging list and kept emailing about Football, they'd have to create a clear restriction against Football fans, since they outnumber FreeBSD devs by far.

The truths

Oh, is that why they went as far as banning "virtual hugs" without prior consent?

Even if you agree with having a COC along these lines, the fact they put something as pants on head retarded as unwanted virtual hugs should tell you these people are absolute fucking idiots who have no social skills or ability to understand their own community, it would be a massive red flag to start contributing to something else.

I dunno but "virtual hugs" sounds like some numale bullshit that I don't care about. Just imagine someone who sends people "virtual hugs" and ask yourself, "Is this a person I want to interact with?" Probably not.

Rape women isn't bad.

india.com/news/world/muslim-men-can-rape-non-muslim-women-to-teach-them-a-lesson-claims-woman-islamic-professor-873381/

>random purplehair finds your Twitter
>finds a comment she doesn't like
>gets you banned from contributing and fired from your job

Of course it is. Wait until you find out (((who))) is responsible for the diversity push.

How is OpenBSD any better as a desktop system than FreeBSD, there's far less support.

As long as you're not some Trump supporting retard this doesn't happen though.

>guys, wait, i-it's freebsd only, not everyone is a cuck at bsd, really

Keep your statement in mind when the pendulum swings back the other way and you're crying about how you're being socially persecuted for your then unpopular opinions.

OpenBSD does not support a great variety of hardware, but for the supported hardware it's one of the best "just works" desktop experiences.

Im sure Tyrone keeps your wife satisfied you cuck

github.com/opal/opal/issues/941

"Nerd" Girls wanted to be part of the project, and since they are unable to contribute anything of quality, they made a push for this.
Now they can either bully their way in, or just become member of the CoC Commitee and claim to be part.

Not surprised if Randi Harper uses this to get back in and stir some more shit and get actual devs kicked out.

So some Tumbrina created an issue and was ignored and nothing further happened. Nobody was fired, nobody was banned. What do you think that proves?

fbsd is a shit tier version of linux, let it die.

Look at this fucking garbage.

is ridiculous because it's unrelated to the project itself.

But I honestly don't see the problem with this since it only seems to apply to FreeBSD Project spaces.

I thought OpenBSD forked code because any updates in main would break portability because they use an incomplete compiler?

>less support is better

>neurodiversity
kek

They were until commies stole the label, hence libertarianism.

Also remember to stop using tarsnap (owned by Colin Percival, a Canadian who pushed for introduction of the CoC) and iXsystems.
Basically all major donors of the "Free"BSD foundation are OK with this kind of fundamentalist and counterproductive behavior. So pay attention doing business with them.

Why is it always my country doing retarded things.
I want to move to America away from this idiocy.

What if I'm mostly a libertarian (personal interactions should be unrestricted, at-will employment is better than weird european style contracts where you can't quit or be fired easily, etc.) but I think that the government should maintain certain extremely large-scale services (military [I think almost all libertarians would agree with this one], roads [most libertarians still agree I think?], railroads+trains+public transit [not so many agree], the post office and fire protection services [no idea for this one]), but also think that healthcare should be state-run (because it's a poor example of capitalism, you can't accurately its costs; and if your healthcare is not tied to your job, you're freer to start a business [which would in turn not be expected to provide healthcare to its employees])? In theory, Liberal should be a better description for my beliefs than Libertarian.

Literally the chance that anyone would do that in a completely free market is beyond stupid.
There's no daddy government to keep you afloat there, so if you want to survive better treat your customers and devs like royalty.
Fuck with the license? lose money because people vote with their wallets
Implement feminist CoC, die of starvation because all the good devs went to work for your competition.

openbsd is awesome, it installs in about 2 seconds that's how you know it isn't full of trash like freebsd

the only long-run net effect of women in technology is reduction in the number and quality of large scale collaborative projects coming from western nations and a reinforcement of the tendency of large corporations to become sclerotic and stop innovating

on the other hand it provides opportunities for organizations with 'the right composition' to destroy the market dominant players in the long run

>2 seconds
bloat
Linux installs in .5

The eternal sour grape.

that's not what sour grapes are

> broad mediocre support is better than quality support

Send them a ryzen.

>OpenBSD as a desktop OS.
At least freebsd fags accepted where their shit belongs.

Has anybody used smartos? The documentation seems lacking.

what in the name of fuck is neurodiversity?

Actually, this sounds more like you're a MAGA but can't realize it due to the overwhelming media brainwash. Welcome aboard the Trump train.

Wouldn't this take you straight to the source of this idiocy?

Bet Randi Harper had the bit about not making fun of drug addicts added.

Autism
No I mean literally

Autism.

don't lie you piece of shit, no fringe OS has good drivers for ANY hardware
and yes, it's better if people can use their hardware albeit in suboptimal way, than if they can't use it at all

It's also giving us a statistically significant data set to look at as proof for when women are eventually banned from voting or working most jobs.

So people aren't allowed to openly support the person that half the US population voted for?

Fucking kek

>Cred Forums thread

Freedom of speech does not protect private forums.
That said I think this CoC is ridiculous. Just ban people that frequently cause issues like every sane internet community.

And you just did it, too. Congrats, retard.

You could have a one line code of conduct that reads; don't be a shit. And people would still find something to complain about.

> if half the population does it it's ok!

Half the population didn't vote for Trump either.

These retarded faggots insist that's their infallible queen Hilldawg really won and the Mueller investigation will somehow remove Trump and install her. They're not too bright.

Basically nobody says that.

>macos higher (lower) than windows

Shit is brown - that's racist.

Writing device drivers for anything other than the most trivial hardware is a pain in the ass. Only large well funded OSes get good drivers because they expensive to create correctly.

You are supposed to pay joyent to tell you how to use it

Most of the West is succumbing to these forces in one way or another.

Gave freebsd 11 a good run of six months on my desktop last year. It's just too sloppy and eats up way too much time to keep working. I liked FBSD4.x but dropped it for the 5 fuckup. OpenBSD has always been good since I started using it at 2.6.

is that why i have to re-insert my usb gps up to 10 times to have my linux computer finally recognize it?

Check out DragonFly BSD. The core system is much nicer, and Matt Dillon will still personally help you on IRC if you have a tricky problem.

No, that's because you're a retard who didn't install usb_modeswitch.

Needs Temple OS next to a picture of Jesus with the proper theme.

>If is true
It's not.

No, I don't want to. Matt Dillon can stick it up his ass along with his DICE.

>you need to switch usb modes on your single mode device
thanks Cred Forums

>Jesus
Terry jerking off would be better

Many "single mode" USB devices aren't. They present as a virtual CD or flashdrive with a couple of NT binaries on them at first.

When you're right you're right.

Too bad openbsd lacks qemu-kvm. That's the only reason why I don't use it.

It has its own hypervisor now, although not as mature as KVM.

Excuse my Perl:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use List::Util qw/reduce/;

sub average {
(reduce {
[ $a->[0] * (1 - (1.0 / $a->[1])) + $b * (1.0 / $a->[1]), $a->[1] + 1 ]
} ([0, 1], @_))->[0];
}
print average(@ARGV) . "\n";

>if true
are you fucking stupid?

she won the popular vote; and Mueller just indicted thirteen russians, shits gonna go down

>MAGA

Trump is specifically against state-run healthcare. I also strongly disagree with his FCC appointments, as they hurt internet infrastructure. And while I don't think he's truly a christfag, he panders to them too much, which is not good for anything-goes in terms of personal freedoms.

I didn't vote for president last election as I don't live in a swing state and hated all candidates (including the green and libertarian candidates), only voted for local politicians and referendums.

Any organization that isn't explicitly right-wing will eventually become a left-wing organization.

once again proof that BDFL is the only software development process that works

72 characters per line is more offensive than anything else posted ITT so far.

It's two thousand and fucking 18, nobody edits text on glass terminals anymore. Could we at least pretend to put that 1,920 pixels of horizontal width that most people have to use?

She won California by a massive amount and basically ate shit everywhere else. And indictments mean fuck all when literally nothing has stood up to scrutiny.

Seriously what the hell? Who is developing on a machine incapable of displaying more than 72 characters per line? I'm not saying it should go across an entire 1080p screen because I find that decreases readability. I do 120 characters for my personal projects. Even 100 makes things a lot easier. These restrictions are just silly.

I fucking hate hard-wrapped text and I would rather have people learn how to make their shitty terminal applications wrap text properly than insert semantically inappropriate line breaks just so some schmuck doesn't have to break old habits.

Two words. Benno Rice. That's all. I apologise, we're not all like this.

>Benno Rice
he's going hard on twitter, starting beef with Lunduke.

Lunduke didn't even go in hard, he took the least offensive angle he possibly could and Benno lost his mind.

That guy's going fucking mental

S E E T H I N G

Looks like he doesn’t understand how memes are born.

>-hug

>neurodiversity
wtf even is that?

Classical Liberal is what you are looking for.
Locke, etc

What actions should I take to make these people's lives more difficult?

people with classically defined mental illnesses and/or medical retardation.

Send them virtual hugs on twitter.

FreeButtHurtSD

Node js

It's probably easier to list literally everything that isnt getting SJW'd at this point

Humanity was a mistake
Nukes when

> Benno fucking assblasted
My sides

>Pence Rule for Meeting With Women
And what would be that rule?

never alone in the same room with one, I think. That's a rule I hear about women in the office a lot.

Especially if you're high profile in any sense.

Does anyone hope for a beta uprising in the freeBSD HQ if they have one?

It was thirteen Russian shitposters and the companies funding them. Rosenstein said no Americans were involved with collusion. Also much of Hillary's win in California came from illegals.

>Rosenstein
every fucking time

Women’s suffrage was the mistake.

I don't give two shits about retards sending stupid inconsequential virtual hugs/backrubs/kisses/blowjobs/whatever, but I DO care about interacting with authoritarian assholes who think they have a right to dictate what other people can say. Those are the worst!

>Macshit

Why is it that every trump faggot I come across is fucking delusional?

>It was her turn!

care to elaborate? not familiar with the history here.

>they tried to warn us but we didn't listen.

jews are the most trustworthy

Leftists are cancer.
Everything needs to be political and you need Nazism to be the only ideology of your project or you get infiltrated.

The Swastika boys keep the feminists out.
If you don't have a policy of throwing out everyone who is a feminists etc you will life in hell.

Embrace ironic Hitlerism.
What will they say?
You are a Nazi? Its in the mission statement!
Fascist? Same.
White supremacist? In the mother fucking manifesto you degenerate bitch!
Racist? YES!
You wanted to say something?

Remember to Holocaust and name
"all Jews go to Auschwitz edition"
"Hitler did nothing wrong"
youtu.be/-BhEDKICfLw

>neurodiversity
neurodiversity = insane people
They are embracing insane people.

>stop having a different opinion !

>bueno

thank fucking god for Linus. Linux would be so shit if he wasn't around. I hope he doesn't die suddenly, who would take his place then?

He's got a succession plan in place iirc.

>ironic
Genuine Hitlerism would be more effective. Replying to any criticism by Jews with "fuck off, kike" not only cuts out the SJW bullshit, but also makes it very difficult for anyone to find a competent lawyer to sue you that you can't trivially cast as being personally compromised and unfit for trial.

GKH is a doormat and will let RH run the kernel.

I don't think they actually mean that. These people would be the first to demand Terry got fined and jailed for being racist and sexist.For some reason. Cred Forums and most other imageboards seems way more accepting of mental illness than these "queers" and "women".

You're behind the times, sonny boy. SJWs already tried to have Terry hung from his balls through a coffee cup handle, but then various liberals stood up and pointed out that Terry has in fact got shit done whereas his detractors haven't; and that TempleOS is valid if outsider art is valid, and outsider art is most certainly valid. I for one appreciate Terry's gifting us the term "CIA niggers", which I've used on multiple occasions to adequate effect.

The consistent distaste SJWs have for the clinically mentally ill follows the same in Nazi Germany, the USSR, North Korea, and so forth. It ain't that they're saints, just that they've got the press on their side.

Linus' succession plan involves transition from the BFDL model into the shadowy cabal model. It'll mostly be staffed with europeans (mainly because Finland, for cultural values etc.), russians (because obsessive maths and Perelman-style babushka's dacha life), and a sprinkling of east asians -- mostly sidelining the UK/US/Canada cancersphere. That's to say: yanks stand to lose if Linus is ever toppled, because he's far more american and corporate-compatible than his substitute would ever be.

the cancersphere reaches far beyond UK/US/Canada unfortunately. Linus better make sure there ain't no Germans or Swedes getting in that cabal either.

What are dead names?
You cant say X is rolling in his grave or what?

Fuck I didnt even finish reading, what a bunch of delicate fags.

You're not libertarian at all my friend, just call yourself a liberal or a commie eventually.

it's sjw tranny culture slang for people's "pre-transition" names. In other words, don't call Alex "Alex" if (s)he suddenly decides to go by "Alexa" now.

You can tell FreeBSD jumped the shark just by the fact that they assumed everyone would automatically even know what "dead names" are. I live in what's arguably the lgbt capital of the US and even I didn't know what that was when I first read it on there.

Oh go fuck yourself. This isn't about screen space, it's about aesthetics, it's a lot easier to read things when entire paragraphs don't happen fit on each line.

This is too retarded, even more so coming from an actual working OS.
>mfw this is the future of linux after linus retires

ITT
> People claiming politics in technology == Cred Forums.
> People claiming that saying "being fat is unhealthy" should suffer some kinds of "consequences".
> People getting into pro/con trump debates.
> Poor old Europe is apparently cucked (we're not all cucks over here, I think you'll find Silicon Valley is where 90% of the cucks are).
Fuck Cred Forums, are you alright? You seem a bit off today. When Cred Forums gets THIS divided on issues it's kind of scary. There was a time when you could disagree and have a laugh about it, now you disagree and you almost have a cold war over it.

yes, and thats okay too. You are allowed to vote for anyone you want you fucking retard

americans can only think in absolutes

Not objectionable at all.
They make allowance for mistakes and forbid intimacy.
I especially support the latter.

You are a laugh riot! When do you go on tour?

Non-whites don't get civil rights but don't get to be killed. Everyone is upset so that makes it a good compromise!

It's literally a bunch of Jews and Marxists trying to destroy the West, and their tentacles are reaching into Cred Forums's domain. The argument is between those who recognize the scale of the problem and its Final Solution, and those who do not.

bsd / solaris / linux have all had weird feminist trannies in it

the difference is that then they didn't bitch about it, they just wrote code, and none of this shit happened

the SJWing of open source is just an FBI/NSA plot to undermine progress, nothing more.

His a fucking salt mine

Come home, white man.

You do realize that OpenBSD also got a huge donation from Microsoft?

>OpenBSD also got a huge donation from Microsoft
Well shit. HUGE CoC incoming

>Microsoft CoC crew
wew lad

Fuck sake,
now I have to change this to openBSD.

>Straw man
>Empty baseless assumption

Yanks don't lose in that respect. Code is code.

>pontificating on things you know nothing about

Liberalism as a philosophy is a completely different thing from economic liberalism. Both of those are distinct from political liberalism.

It's a question of influence, not program code. If anything but a control shift towards the old world happens post-Torvalds, Europe will fork Linux several times -- at least once each for german, russian, french, chinese, and american interests. Probably roll in a few for various hacker interests as well. And good luck having people whisper in e.g. GKH's ears: if his lead is weak (e.g. because he's a wimp, or a transparent sockpuppet [from the way they're incapable of discourse]), nobody will take it.

For now, an american-finland-swedish guy runs the world's OS kernel. Any decrease in this, effectively the maximum available influence, will be seen in the gravest economic terms. (it's like having the world's biggest nuclear arsenal.) So, Linus stays because the option is along the lines of cyka blyat perkele bonjour bakayarou, which is quite hard for the yanks to see a good way out of.

What the actual fuck are you smoking? The US has always and probably will always dominate the OS market, and Linux development is no different.

Decisions with regard to the technical direction of the kernel aren't made on the mailing list. I'll leave it at that.

Because Terry is actually a great programmer FIRST and a schizo second, hence he has way more value and you can tolerate and eventually maybe even come to like his often hilarious rants.