Firefox Quantum Addons

Post 'em.

Recommendations on anything are welcome, including Stylus themes (Stylus is a fork of Stylish that doesn't spy on you), and cool about:config tweaks you've found.

I have very basic ones. I'm particularly interested in vim-like hotkeys. Which is your favorite add-on for that?

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2017/01/04/major-stylish-add-on-changes-in-regards-to-privacy/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/image-reverse-search/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/search_by_image/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/text-link/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-ratings-preview/
github.com/RealDolos/dolosfox
userstyles.org/styles/141949/adfree-gelbooru-w-dark-theme
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1116391
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-star/?src=api
pastebin.com/TUWbsJ6r
pastebin.com/cEDR859k
github.com/stoically/firefox-add-on-temporary-containers#readme
userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-css.html
tabmixplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73159#p73159
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=195613107
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Source on stylish spying on you?

Not OP but here
ghacks.net/2017/01/04/major-stylish-add-on-changes-in-regards-to-privacy/

thx

so what's better, "reverse image search" or "search by image"?

Well search by image gives you more options than tineye, so

>keepasshttp-connector
>connecting you password manager with the browser

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/image-reverse-search/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/search_by_image/

Am I a normie? I don't want to bloat the browser as it's already bloated in the first place. I hate how every site these days have "touch screen" friendly UI and how they forfeit good typography. Every font is bold arial and it's unreadable mess. Take new youtube for example, it's shit.

to be honest the protocols it uses are reasonably secure, and the firefox plugin comes with good options you can tweak if you know what you're doing

I'm using it with KeePassXC

>Using NoScript
That's been deprecated. Just use uMatrix or uBlockOrigin + uMatrix.

Also, can you recommend any custom themes for YouTube or something?

Is quantum worth updating to?

I noticed classic theme restorer doesn't support 57+ and I can't stand the ugly ass chrome mimicking.

I can only tell you that I like it a lot.
I don't miss the classic theme so it's not really something I can help you with, sorry. But I'm sure there's some way for you to get it back while still getting the added functionality+speed.

I just use the dark theme as it's better for eyes. I originally started to use it because youtube disabled the original theme from people who don't sign in. I don't have a google account and I wont get one.
But try the one on my addons it's reasonably good, dark grey background. Better than the default.

what about this looks chrome-like to you?

I'm blind and I didn't see it
Will do user

Everything?
Here's a result from google. The position of everything up top is extremely similar compared to the classic firefox.

Ah
Yeah I guess you're right

Although you can very easily move stuff around

Don't need anything else desu

Any good Stylus themes you can recommend?

>16+ addons

is there a good dark theme yet?

Define good

i guess thats a no

my bro
i'm using s3 translator as well, great addon
but i found that recently, the text to speech function stopped working
you know when you highlight some text and press the little sound button to hear how it's pronounced
pls help, it was a large part of what made this addon so great

Yeah honestly, uBlock Origin and Greasemonkey are probably the only extensions you need installed on a daily basis. If you need a specific functionality, either figure it out through Greasemonkey or uninstall the extension when you're done. That RAM usage has us ALL silently judging. Just because RAM is cheap doesn't mean it's free.

Taste is subjective

Normie

Far from it, was it the social media icons that made you come to that conclusion?

FB, Twitter, Pinterest
Also, you use Ghostery and LastPass

FB & TW I use to promote pron stars and camgrills. That's how i make a living. Jelly?
Pinterest, i use to copy designs and sell it to normies. That's how i make a living. Jelly?
Ghostery and LastPass, don't tell me they're also connected to the botnet. ohh no.

> Ghostery and LastPass, don't tell me they're also connected to the botnet. ohh no.
But the are connected to botnet

Text Link:
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/text-link/
Ratings preview for youtube:
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-ratings-preview/

Of course they are, user, of course.

> Ratings preview for youtube:
> addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-ratings-preview/
I need an open source alternative

If you're a normie then I'm a turbo-normie, all I have is LastPass and uBlock Origin. Fucking would have Tree Style Tabs but support is gone for that work of art.

only one
> Tree Style Tab

kys fake

>not using this patch to make old addons work on quantum
github.com/RealDolos/dolosfox

Is there a user-agent add-on with a feature to disable spoofing on a list of websites?

Thanks it took me 45 minutes to get it up and running. DTA and every other add-on has worked so far.

Now these 6 gorrilion GB of RAM usage some faggots have make sense.

Dumb bitch

Never happened to me. And It probably wont happen at all for you if you take 10 secs and use your settings properly.

someone is mining on your gpu

How? This has been happening for months and everyone is complaining about it

Hmm okay, I'll take a look
I knew about ipc count but I didn't think cached content would be particularly heavy on memory

There are more cache settings in about:config
Lowering process count really made the most difference for me.

Thanks for the tips
I only had 7 tabs open when I took that screenshot earlier...

>pushbullet
People still use that?

Its worth mentioning that a lot of sites are full of shit that can cause RAM to shoot up. Make sure you have the extra filters enabled in uO (especially resource abuse list) and block 3rd part scripts by default.

reverse image search lets you add other providers, and supports saucenao and iqdb if you are into those things

userstyles.org/styles/141949/adfree-gelbooru-w-dark-theme

What is the best google translate addon?

The one I use.

I wasn't aware there was more than one. I just use the one OP uses. It's good enough for me

>I just use the one OP uses.
That's definitely not the best one, though.

This is.

>bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1116391
>3 years passes and it still isn't fixed yet.

>Stylus doesn't apply userstyles to the browser UI or the built-in pages

into_the_trash_it_goes.kys

Thanks, it works well.

New API simply can't do that.

Well at least it doesn't spy on you

Why do you need an extension?
Just use userChrome.css and userContent.css

Then there's no reason to use an add-on for CSS.

you can still skin webpages with it.

It's not as robust or functional, but it's the best drop in replacement for dta I've found so far.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-star/?src=api

Which you can already do with userContent.css.

Why call yourselves femanons when you can just call yourselves faggots.

Why would I need a replacement when DTA literally works with mozillas new meme quantum browser?

How?

That simple.

Bump

Isn't using Ublock Origin + Umatrix overkill?
What does Decentraleyes actually help with anyway?

>Isn't using Ublock Origin + Umatrix overkill?

I find it easier to use and it gives better granularity.

>What does Decentraleyes actually help with anyway?

For me, it makes more sense to have commonly used resources stored locally.

a couple of redundant ones but whatever

bump

>translator
>desription is broken english

MUH FUCKING TAB TREE!
REEEEEEEEEEE

Anyone?

my bookmarks seem to have a life of their own. any extensions that can fix that issue?

Fucking piece of shit is already causing my system to swap or downright crash all the time because it eats memory like a faggot eats cock, so I can't really run more addons. Except, I really would need session manager to be able to close firefox and reopen with getting rid of a few tabs, but this thing does not work anymore.
How do I get firefox back to a sane memory use? Its as bad as chrome now.

Do you always post in threads without reading other posts? Do you always use software without looking at the settings? Try reading a few posts up genius.

What do you mean?

Quick you faggots, now that greasemonkey is fucking garbage:
Violentmonkey or tampermonkey? Using the latter right now and am quite satisfied. Should I try the violent one?

>Greasemonkey
>Garbage
uwotm8, why?

I actually switched back from VIolentmonkey to Greasemonkey. 4chanx wouldn't work well with Violent.

lol, I switched from greasemonkey to violentmonkey for the same reason.

Oh, I did read the whole thread, but saving memory use is discussed nowhere.
Or do you mean ?
I'm already at 1 process (though that's a lie, it's actually 2 processes), and cache is HDD use, which I don't care about. I have enough free space on that one and I can upgrade it, should I need to, but I fell for the ultrabook meme, so now I'm stuck with only 8GB of soldered on RAM.

4chanX works well on Tampermonkey

I don't know who to believe now, but post 57+ greasemonkey is terrible

To the guy using it: What benefit has Violentmonkey? Should I just try it?

What was the problem?

please post your css

It's just different things taken from a few places I found online bunched into a messy file.

userChrome.css
pastebin.com/TUWbsJ6r

userContent.css
pastebin.com/cEDR859k

fucking read

Now testing Owl thanks to that user

>it makes more sense to have commonly used resources stored locally
never thought of it that it way, but yeah less traffic and useful for someone like me with potatonet.

>post 57+ greasemonkey is terrible
But why? I haven't seen greasemonkey fucking up on anything I threw at it.

Okay so Im still on Firefox 56, thought it was a good idea to replace Legady addons with Quantum addons so that when I do make the switch it'll be fewer things to miss or replace. On of the things I uninstalled was FasterFox.

Well, somehow that ended up stealth disabling all my quantum compatible addons and only have my legacy addons working. The addons were still listed and are "enabled" but they just didn't work for some reason.

Anyone care to help me figure out what the problem is? I got the stuff working again but this just seems really fucking weird

Just use this version.

Why not use violentmonkey which is fully compatible with quantum and doesnt need to be legacy?

Why replace something that literally works? Why does it matter if it's legacy? It doesn't btw

Do legacy versions still work on quantum? Anyways, enabling legacy addons can hamper browser stability, speed, and security. So there's that.

>Do legacy versions still work on quantum?
If you build it yourself with a patch it does
>Anyways, enabling legacy addons can hamper browser stability, speed, and security.
Not if you know what you're doing.

So again, why go through the trouble of building yourself a patch and potentially sacrificing speed, security and stability for an extension that does the same thing as another extension that can be used without opening up yourself to these risks and doesnt require extra work? There is no solid argument.

>Potentially sacrificing speed
Haven't noticed that it has been slow at all. Are you using hardware from 2007?
>security and stability
The patch only adds what makes legacy addons work nothing else.
>an extension that does the same thing as another extension
The thing is that NO WE does that legacy addons did.
>doesnt require extra work
Yea because getting the new nightly source from M-C and spending a total of 30 minutes building it is a lot of time. The horror of having to wait to get something to work.

any addons to bring back the classic look? already downgraded twice cus quantum broke all my stuff

A privacy addon that makes you no more private is a shitty addon my dude.

forgot pic

Do you not understand what "potentially" means? It means it has the possibility.

>The thing is that NO WE does that legacy addons did.
wtf does this mean?

Whats up with your blind loyalty to greasemonkey? You would rather take risks and do more work than use violentmonkey which works like a normal extension and installs in seconds. Do what you want but your thought process is illogical.

Is there an add-on that make firefox uses specific TLS for certain site?

>YouTube High definition is a powerful tool that will let you play YouTube videos in HD

Do you not understand what "potentially" means? It means it has the possibility.
Find me something that doesn't have that problem
>The thing is that NO WE does that legacy addons did.
Find me something that replaces DTA, something that does everything it did.
>Whats up with your blind loyalty to greasemonkey?
It's not about loyalty to GM it's about making old addons work.

it's to force HD without having to expand or go fullscreen, retard

>it's to force HD without having to expand or go fullscreen
you're literally retarded

try reading more than 10 words before you post like you know what the fuck you're talking about, retard

>it's about make old addons work.
Then why dont you use it on addons that dont have working compatible addons? There is no reason to use legacy greasemonkey when we have violentmonkey. Use legacy addons like DTA.

>YouTube High Definition also improves listening music on YouTube by having all YouTube song to have highest sound quality
kek, you're retarded

>still thinks that's the only features
go back to school and learn how to read, retard

>There is no reason to use legacy greasemonkey when we have violentmonkey.
Because if I have the ability to make old addons work why change?

ytdl-format=bestvideo+bestaudio/best

The rest of that extensions functionality can be done in mpv plus much more that browsers dont have

Holy shit, if you still cant understand than there is no hope for you. Good luck user.

>MPV
fuck off, retard

they move around in the bookmarks tool bar when closing tabs or firefox itself but they also sometimes lock themselves into position making it impossible to rearrange. yes, i have taken screenshots.

Tell me why its bad user
Without memes and only logical technical reasons pls

1. i dont want to use mpv
2. i dont want to use a fucking media player to play youtube shit

kys for even suggesting it

>I dont want to use a media player to play media
This doesnt seem like logical thinking considering playback is much better than a browser.

So you couldn't install mpv onto your system?

Why is everyone here so angry
Relax

youtube is more than just viewing videos

Whats the point of your post? Do you think mpv is limited to only videos and doesnt have a more audio settings than a browser?

I think user is trying to say they get paid to comment on or flag videos.

what's the point of bringing up MPV in a firefox addon thread? do you think i give a shit about a program i have no interest to use when i already have software to do the same shit with like i want?

fuck off, retard

i wish i had the power to flag every cancerous shit trend vid, but it's just general community interaction.

The point is you're using an inferior solution

unless MPV can give the exact same UI and functionality for youtube as a browser, no i'm not

and your "superior solution" doesnt even have fucking basic audio controls like literally every other media player, by default

stop posting already you dumb fuck

Wow, so angry and so ignorant.
Just becsuse you watch or listen to media in mpv doesnt mean you can use the site. And mpv has all of the audio fuctionality of other media players. It can actually do more.

*can't use the site.

Are you Indian?

fuck off mpv shill

are la luz extinguido?

>use two software instead of one

Esteu indi? - bing translator

I see you have problems answering yes/no questions.

no i just chose not you answer your dumb, irrelevant question

>fuck off mpv shill
Nice non-argument. Work on that anger issue user.

Whats the disadvantage? I already have a media player and a browser. Why wouldnt I watch media on my media player and browse the web with my browser?
I can tell you some advantages. Better media playback, less shit I have to allow in ublock origin making my browser more secure and load faster.

I think that user couldn't figure out how to install mpv.

i already have a media player and browser aswell, why the fuck would i get another and split up my youtube activities to different software?

i fucking swear to god you MPV faggots are worse than apple fags

user, read the part where advantages were given. I know you can do this. Take your time and sound it out.

if i wanted "superior quality" i would fucking download FLAC and bluray images and use audiophile hardware, not watch shit on youtube

holy shit, you dumb cunts, fuck off and kys

Is this a sensitive subject for you? You seem to be deeply upset over trivial shit. I'm just explaining the benifits and you're giving me childish responses that dont mame sense.
What if I cant find a bluray rip of a youtube video user? I dont think most people would spend money putting their 10 min videos on bluray.

>firefox addon thread
>already have software to do both tasks
>HURR GET MPV ITS SUPERIOR DURR
2 mpvtokens have been deposited into your account

why do you MPV shills have to come into this thread and keep shitting it up? you seem to be deeply frustrated that someone doesnt want to use your software

As expected from an Indian.

lol, you get so defensive when someone suggests a better alternative. You dont have to use it.

>cant even adjust volume
>"better"

>You dont have to use it.
exactly, and i've said so fifty fucking times already yet you retards keep trying to shill your shitty software

/ and * for volume control

all you'll ever need imo

You keep spreading misinformation so I keep correcting you. You can adjust volume on the OSC or with your keyboard or mouse.

special snowflakes gotta have special controls for their special software

if i wanted to use MPV i would have changed while you faggots were spamming your cancer shit last year or when the whole meme about MPC dying was going on.

now fuck off

Anyone?

So dont use it faggot. Stop getting defensive and making shit up that isn't true.
Just know that people who know their shit will suggest it because it is a better experience.

So this is how you react when you've been proven wrong. Very interesting.

im not using it faggot.
>defensive
i've just told you retards to fuck off the whole time how the fuck is that being defensive? more like you fucking shits are being defensive having to make up excuses and reasons to talk about you fucking software

kys

>cant adjust volume with scroll wheel by default
>this was the case for a fucking long time
yes, truly ebin software.

You could always change volume with your keyboard. Either with the keys user mentioned or with your keyboards actual volume buttons. So right there you were proven wrong. And you could easily make any keybinds to your mouse or keyboard. Just because you dont like default settings doesnt make it bad software. Especially when it's better than the alternatives.

>only media player in existance that doesnt have scroll for volume by default

You're literally making up lies. Seems a little defensive

Holy shit just stop. Is this really you're problem. Put your mouse over the volume icon and scroll.

no my problem is you faggots keep telling people to get MPV in a fucking firefox addon thread.

Is Tridactyl better than Vimium?

It was suggested and you dismissed it for no reason. Then continued to make lies about it.

>no reason
yeah sure
>then continued to make lies about it
i didnt start saying anything about it until at least 5 posts after you tards kept trying to convice me to use it

Surprisingly few people making use of the Firefox containers feature. With websites and tabs opening in their own sandbox you can get rid of a lot of privacy addons.

Isnt this built-in? Or does the extension do more?

I thought so at first as well but the Multi-Account Containers addon by Mozilla lets you configure certain websites to always open in a specific container. Basically stuff you want to stay logged in for. I didn't see that setting without it but perhaps I missed it. And you use the Temporary Containers addon to automatically make a new container for every new tab that keeps everything separated and deletes everything after you close it.
github.com/stoically/firefox-add-on-temporary-containers#readme

Nice, this could replace a lot of extensions.

Better: Use Waterfox, since it actually has a reason to exist, unlike Firefox, which is now a gimped, me-too clone of Chrome with its own privacy issues.

lol no
Firefox is faster than waterfox and is still way more customizable than chrome. You can also disable everything in firefox like in waterfox.

>tfw other people actually use the addon you wrote and find it useful

I love you user

Which one is that?

Das a lot of extensions m8

>imgur uploader

Very nice. I was waiting for something like this for FF Quantum.

Best start page addon?

When your addon folder is twenty times bigger than the browser folder itself

It feels like when someone recommends me Minecraft, but they say it needs at least 50+ mods to be playable.

I've been looking for a replacement to downthemall for quantum for months now. I looked into that Tab Image Saver, but the permissions say something ominous like "needs access to all of your data" which made me immediately cancel the install.

Is there any addon that puts the tabs below the address bar? I'm nitpicky, haven't updated FF in a while because my current addons that do that aren't compatible.

In Firefox 57+ extensions cannot modify the toolbar order, but you can use a custom style rule in a userChrome.css file to do it.

Please look at the third example on the following page:

userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-css.html

What? Tree Style Tab is doing OK.

You can't post in Cred Forums with 3rd part scripts and frames blocked in the dynamic filtering of UO. You have to tell others to tinker with it based on the site they use.

What's the best scripts?

Very nice, thank you user! That does exactly what I'm after

does anyone know how to modify the scrollbar?
on my screen the bar blends into the background, so i just need a way to change the color at least

A big part of my workflow involves quickly pinning and unpinning tabs (by double-clicking on them, thanks to TabMixPlus, which isn't available in quantum).
Is there a WebExtension add-on that lets me do this?

Pic unrelated.

2G with 130 active tabs is alright?

but why use an add-on

Bumping

No one?

You can't catch double click events on tabs yet I think. Writing an addon that pins/unpins tabs based on some other shortcut would only take a few minutes though.

Ah I see...
What about something else then?
Like having a button that pins it instead of the one that closes it, and when pinned it's small on the corner (like the mute/unmute one)?
Would that be possible with WE?

I don't think so. A button like other extensions have would be possible though. You could then place it to the left of the address bar and have it toggle the pinned state of the current tab.

It would be useful some times but I feel it would be pretty slow most of the time, since to pin/unpin several tabs in a row I'd have to move the mouse back and forth between the tab that I want to change and the button, as opposed to just move the mouse over the tab once and double-clicking, then move it slightly to the next tab and doubleclick again (or without moving it at all).
Maybe having both the button and a keyboard shortcut would be close enough, but the double click is just so much faster and seamless.

I hope this gets through eventually:
tabmixplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73159#p73159
So we can have proper tab functionality again.

I just found this spreadsheet with a lot of WebExt addons:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=195613107

Thought some of you might find it useful.

In the Adblock Plus notes it says
>uBlock Origin performs significantly better, because it's more resource-efficient. (Doesn't have access to privileged pages)
What does the last part mean?
What are privileged pages in this context?