pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/HyperX-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-HX-KB4RD1-US-R1/dp/B074F5L8GQ
keeb.io/collections/keyboard-pcbs
youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y&t=70s
amazon.com/dp/B075QLZVB6/ref=twister_B076J9LPZW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201097
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/new-arrival/products/yd60ble-v1-60-bluetooth-customized-mechanical-keyboard-pcb
amazon.com/dp/B01M2AJ3KH
amazon.com/dp/B01MTQS2SE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first

oh shit im sorry

name a """""""""""""""""""""""""""hobby""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" more pathetic than buying keyboards other than smoking cigarettes/vaping/being a cuck

you piece of shit im waiting for days to post the first reply!!! and you steal it from me!!!

buypig

Using the internet

why are enjoypbt sets so fucking expensive? can anybody confirm that their quality matches the price tag?

>two hands
>one keyboard
y'all niggas still living in 2005 or something???

sub-100usd is expensive?

arent those brittle trash anyway

Im waiting for Iris pcbs to be restocked :(

what's wrong with buying shit if you aint poor and your'e not overspending based on how much you make?

>10 fingers
>10 toes
>only two keyboards
It's like you're not even trying to be efficient.

most sets i see end up being like $150-$200 CAD.

right that is too expensive for dyesub chink trash

We all know MX Brown a shit and MX Blue is not an option due to noise.
But what does /g think about MX Clear?

>/g

20 years ago pic related was a huge hit

I bought a keyboard with Cherry MX Black switches and don't intend to gaym on them. How much have I fucked up? Was I supposed to get blue? I bought it because it was the only non office shit-tier OEM keyboard with native PS/2.

>wants a ps/2 keyboard
>buys a cheapo one that doesn’t utilize any of its features
If you like linears blacks are okay

blue for typing

Get them from China, they’re around 60usd there, but it’s Chinese lunar new year so it’s gonna b a while

Got a an mx clear keyboard a few days ago, I was using a cherry brown.
It's like typing on little cushions, I bought o rings but won't be using them because it's easy to avoid bottoming out.
I make less mistakes on the clears but be warned you can rip stems from your switches if you're not careful with clears because they have a little gripping plastic bit.

^ this
Even using keyboards in general makes you a cuck. That’s why I type on synth

>>buys a cheapo one that doesn’t utilize any of its features
It's supposed to have N-key rollover (it's the ASUS Echelon gaymen keyboard). What other features do you mean? I wanted it because I like the idea of a hardware interrupt when a key is pressed over constant polling.
>If you like linears blacks are okay
I've never tried any of the types of switches. I bought something I know nothing about like a true norman.

Tokyo60 looks sexy as fuck but I can't help but think hotswappable switches are nothing but a meme.

Post more i need to fap

Just got my first mech ever, a second-hand €45 Razer Black Widow Ultimate Battlefield 4 edition (cherry mx blues) and I really like it, but that the actuation point is very far from the release point is quite annoying when typing double voewels Is there a switch that solves this problem? The cherry red/black probably but I think I'd like tactile click.

Exactly this. It's only an addiction if it's negatively impacting your life.

Any macro capable mechanical keyboards whats prooven and good? If there would be 108 key and option for multple layersi would deffinitly think to buy.

I got me one of these with mx browns r8

cute

what's it called

Ducky miya pro sakura

>shove backspace in the corner to make room for | \
>put a bigass delete where | \ should be
Why

You mean every Ducky keyboard made in the past 4 years

>ASUS Echelon
shit that's a chink board everyone rebrands, even newegg has their own version. I hope you didn't pay more then 50 bucks for it.

I'm not sorry.

link me to this keyboard please.

> Four (4) dollars

>rockstar energy drinks
>four (4) dollars
>shitty mousepad

did you look at the picture? the name of the keyboard is printed right on it

the manufacturer of the keyboard is written on it, not the model.

you can't be that stupid?

do Filco make more than one keyboard?

Filco makes multiple things, but for their keyboard they only make 2 different models. It's not that hard user. You'd have to be retarded if you can't figure it out

They make a big one and a little one.

Since that picture is a big one your work should be easy.

Well you only have two choices, the Majestouch or the Minila. If you used google from the start you wont have to ask those stupid questions and make a fool of yourself. I hope you can figure it out user which keyboard it is

nope, still cant determine which one it is

It comes with halos though

well then all hope is lost for you

Need moar for scientific purpose

sorry for what?
daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our keebs
especially since they're such a good size and all

look at that package amigo.

thoughts on this for a cherry red mx?

amazon.com/HyperX-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-HX-KB4RD1-US-R1/dp/B074F5L8GQ

a local store has it for 45 bucks and I currently use a membrane pos

is it worth it?

Reminder: 60% layout is trash

why aren't you touch typing on colemak yet?

because workman is better

workman has been abandoned and its creator died of shame

This is kind of pathetic, at least take a couple hundred out of the bank if you're going to show off...

Retards

>Showing off 4 dollars.

You mean he perfected it then died when after realizing he can never create something so beautiful again.

You mean the creator of workman was assassinated by salty Colmak users

Even doing it "ironically" is still pretending to be retarded.

i wish my phone camera wasnt shit :(

I wish this general wasn't shit but we can't always get what we want now can we

Hey guys whats is the general for hardware stuff?

>purposely lays out four (4) dollars, gun and magazines just show off on Cred Forums
>drinks rockstar energy drinks
>calls others retards

its called

how do you know it's the same person. Cred Forums doesn't have IDs

by connecting the dots

by being a newfag

At least hide your samefaggotry

I hope you have an eraser.

desu~

jumps on another device to samefag

you got me user

>not called image.jpg
>another device
idk what to think about Cred Forums anymore

go back to Cred Forums idiot (nothing wrong with pol users, just the retard ones)

But I have an iPhone and if I phoneposted, my file names would not be preserved. It's right there charging in the photo you're obsessing over: Why is it so important to you that I must be a samefag? And why would I do so in the first place?

Man when will the model MF project come back. I just want a cheap buckling spring keyboard with NKRO and a modern layout. This SSK is good and all, but I've recently had issues with the 2KRO in some games.

My Dell rubberdome is better than all of your shit memebaords put together.

Kailh Box White, Kailh Box Navy (also known as Novelkeys Thick Clicks Navy) and Kailh Box Jade (also known as Novelkeys Thick Clicks Jade). Basically anything from Kailh that's not a clone of something from Cherry is a better option, especially clickbar switches.

I'm sure it is buddy

Bought a dz60 with box navy.

I must say rgb underglow is worse than rgb backlighting. The rgb underglow makes the keyboard look like it was designed for 6 year-old girls.

also, 60% keyboards are a meme

fuck off upload a photo and shut up

>getting this angry over an opinion

im sorry user its just the developed autism from surfing this site.

can u eat that?

for $45 I'd say it's worth it. For the $80 it's listed on Amazon, not so much.

but why

tkl or fullsize?

Which do I buy?
1) HHKB
2) Leopold topre
3) 55g realforce
or
4) Two plum NIZ boards, one with BKE one with 65g korean domes

i'll call you a faggot at least once before you put a bullet in my ass

this looks retarded

none

but id chose leopold

Who is so gay as to do this?

Finally did it and ordered a custom keycap set from WASD. waiting for the designers approval of my .ai file. 1-5 weeks of shipping though.

leopold ez

What's the cheapest backlit TKL I can get? It'll be my first mechanical. RGB meme not required, I just work in the dark a lot, and when I write drunk, I can't always touch type.

TKL for sure. This is a pretty nice board but it would look better as just a plain black. I didn't know they were going to make it so thanks for posting. I'm totally for them copying the best colorways.

Consistency.
Return and Control mirror each other. So do Delete and Tab (and Shift).

are you an accountant?
If no - tkl
If yes - still tkl, but get a separate numpad.

you do know this is Cred Forums and not Cred Forums right? so most people here

Speak for yourself

it's ok you are in the 10%

its going to look shit user

>gives full name and address to a company to print and ship chinese cartoon keycaps

i admire the your shamelessness

well it won't look all that good, but all power too ya

Imagine actually going this far just to meme on Cred Forums.

Are you acutely out of desk space?
If no: fullsize
If yes: Get new desk, and fullsize

I want a 5x7 or 6x6 macropad - does anything like that exist or will I have to handwire it? (So far the biggest I've seen are just repurposed numpads, so 5x4 or 6x4)

>$200 kit
>no usb-c

they do exist mostly Chinese ones, but since its the year of the dog you're gonna have to wait at least a month for anything to ship

100% keyboards are for manlets

Anyone know a good HHKB like plate for 60% with split spacebar? Getting a DO60 PCB and I want to justify not getting a tokyo60

I know these are meant for split keyboards, but you can just order one half and have whatever size you want. They have 5x7, 5x6
keeb.io/collections/keyboard-pcbs

good idea, thanx

jesus christ, what on earth is that, and where can i get one?

Can someone explain to me the mechanical keyboard meme? I have a mechanical keyboard with cherry blues, but it was only like $70. How are the super expensive ones any better? A cherry switch is a cherry switch right? Keycaps and LEDs cannot possibly be worth hundreds of dollars.

more expensive ones have the switches clipped on to metal backplates or are from fancy schmancy makers

I use a das keyboard 4C and it has cheap switches and it works fine, i've gone through like 5 mechs and its my favourite so far, second is my the noppo choc mini. Their just nice for their size (which is what she said)

>more expensive ones have the switches clipped on to metal backplates or are from fancy schmancy makers
Why is that better?

they cost more so they're better user dont you get it

Cherry switches aren't very good. A good switch might be a Cherry MX Clear stem with a custom SPRIT 62g spring inside of a zealio bottom housing with outemu no-wobble top housing and a kryox lubricant applied evenly.
Most of the cost comes of the super expensive stuff comes from the keycaps and the chassis. Keycaps vary wildly in quality. Some of the best ones are made of PBT with high quality dyesublimation printing of nice legends on them and the best cases are generally made out of aluminum.
The material and profile of the keycaps, the case, the switch, the lubricant, the quality of the stabilizers, and etc all have an effect on how the board feels and some of us just want the best possible feels while having it look good. This is expensive.

PBT keycaps are soo much better then ABS, but because they're brittle they're harder to manufacture and thus cost more. Cherry switches are cheap shit that can be found on $40 keyboards. Other thing that raise costs are features like programmable layers, mouse emulation, etc.

The metal plate makes the keyboard a great deal more stable. That being said, most cheap mechanical keyboards do that too.

I understand switch quality but I'm having trouble envisioning how a key cap can be "high quality" or not.

ABS lasts ~6 months on average before they start to wear away
PBT can last 30 years
Double injection molding is also super expensive, but the legends will never wear off and will remain sharp for ever

>ABS lasts ~6 months on average before they start to wear away
What? I've had this cheapass keyboard for 4 years and the letters are clear as day. And I'm on it all day.
Even if they did, I don't know why that's worth so much money. You shouldn't need legends at all, they're useless

read the wiki, it answers all your questions regarding keycaps

>premium thick ABS keycaps

you forgot
>$250

it's someones custom, based on the 1980 space cadet symbolics keyboard

post pictures

Or just buy maxkey for $99, sometimes less, it's worth it with certain kinds of switches. In particular SA sounds incredible with a clickbar switch. youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y&t=70s

Didn't like SA profile. I prefer them flat like my women

stop posting, all go sleep now

Is hotswappable switches actually worth it? I can only think of using it to show other people how a full set of one color feels like.

If you want to build a custom keyboard, but don't want to solder then go for it.

>unironically wears programming socks

If you're an autist that wants to try every MX-style switch available, or you want specific switches for certain keys (e.g. Reds on WASD), it's cheaper and less time-consuming than soldering switches or buying a completely new keyboard.

I installed gold keycaps on my tenkeyless mechanical kb. It looks so shiny and glorious and I wish I could post a webm to show you, but Im too lazy to figure it out how to convert from mp4 to webm

heres the best pic my lazy ass can get for yall

Even when the backlighting is off it looks amazing. why dont you nignogs have gold keycaps?

last pic, up close

I went with CMX Browns because I wanted tactile with some clickyness, but it just feels like a Red with dirt. Did I fuck up?

Yes browns are notoriously bad and non-tactile

Kill yourself you fucking stupid tranny, this is a fucking blue board and that post should not be here. Also fuck you for turning one of my favorite threads in the past into soy as hell.

Looks like Steven Paddock's kind of keyboard. There is a van parked outside. Go quietly...

and you fill in the colors with rgb!

who?

I am planning to get a model F terminal, and I'll simply make a converter. Anything I should know?

What's Cred Forums opinion on Memespeed CK61?

chinkshit

That's an interesting pistol.

>>amazon.com/dp/B075QLZVB6/ref=twister_B076J9LPZW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Will these keycaps fit a Varmillo VB87M?
I heard something about non standard keys and dont know enough about mechanical keyboards to make a decision on keycaps.

If they don't fit you can just glue them. There's some special keyboard glue that costs 4 times too much you can get, but when you use it it's exactly the same as hot glue, so you can just use a hot glue gun if you can't find the name brand stuff. I forget its name right now.

there's a good application for converting called 'webm for retards' or just 'webm converter'
they are really tacky caps but i actually kind of like them for that... where did you cop them?

>Estimated ship date is Aug 16, 2018 PT.
but thought?

>$200 kit
>no usb-c

I just want to say, thank you to whoever informed one of the best decisions of my life. For less than $90, I am currently experiencing the ecstasy of Cherry MX Red keys, plus great lighting.

The lighting SDK for my Corsair K65 10-keyless (I know, I know, but it's not Razer...) is also in C++, which I bought the board for, in order to make the language less painful to learn (it is, typing on these Cherry Reds is a dream for my neuropathy.)

Thanks again, not trying to trigger anyone with Corsair. Go with Cherry Red if you want butter finger operation without the terminator robo-clicking.

should got mx silvers

Next time, I will. I'll need a full keyboard eventually. I've saved your suggestion.

@64758366
don't you have a portapotty to shoot up?

No, bottom row on corsairs are non standard.

some keys are missing

Gorgeous board but you're paying for the aesthetics. If you just want a custom 60% you could get it far cheaper. I have to say the dyesub caps are kind of nice though. I wouldn't buy it but if you like it whatever, not even close to as bad of a value as some boards. Hotswap switches is awesome for switch modding.

Topre is meme.
Get the chink ones and BKE domes. If you want something really nice, get those chink topre clones with aluminum cases.

sup bois

Loving this one
Drevo Gramr 84 with Outemu Blue switches

oh look, it's babbys first pbt caps

I'm going to buy that board with silent reds, desolder them and swap in gateron yellow springs I think. Same keycaps too. Thanks for the pic, love it.

kys kid

just remember to order another left shift (2.25u)

recommend me a good keyboard that has green switches. I want that heavyass key press

show us your set

normally I'd give you shit for this keyboard but that plush is great so ok you got away with it this time nice taste

You're such a fucking hipster. They're gorgeous keycaps.

hmm.. nah

nah, i'd admit it's great for the first time but from the looks it would get lame as the time being.
desu i already bored with that set and bought second hand black on black set.

Any Ducky keyboard

so if I just want a damn keyboard, cant go wrong with majestouch right?

yep

many models even have aftermarket controllers you can add on later for programmability

If you want a keyboard to mod then get one. If you don’t give a shit about after market controllers or custom cases and plates then get a Leopold

Meant for

I haven't had mech kb before. I'm on a low budget and I have few options, entry-level of course. One is to buy a cherry mx clone kb, for example: motospeed inflictor. The other is a hybrid switch kb. Which to get?

Around 60 bucks in total from China, get fucked /mech/ elite members only sigar club

What does /mkg/ think of this list of keyboards? Buying a bunch of low end- all the way to high end to give mechanical keyboards a go. I've always figured it was a meme, but I'm willing to give it a go and money isn't an issue, so I'll just be grabbing many that I've seen circulate here to give it an honest shot.

>Buying a bunch of low end- all the way to high end to give mechanical keyboards a go
You're fucking crazy. I don't care how much disposable Russian oil money you have lying around. Skip the garbage (Das, Corsair, Razer, Steelseries... Logitech, if you were considering it) and allocate those funds to Topre, or some custom premium switch nonsense like Zealios or that Model F clone. Most of the other brands you listed use exactly the same switches in cheap-to-manufacture cases.

why are DSA keycaps so hard to pull in and out? also can they break my switch while pulling?

Why do you need USB-C?

I don't mind trying out all tiers, how else am I supposed to recognize quality when I see/feel it?

Topre are the switches in the leopold right? Got any other model recommendations for me to add?

Looks like shit
Almost assuredly feels like shit as the best case scenario is a stock gateron linear.
Maybe throw some better springs and lube in the switches and you'll have something.

>Topre are the switches in the leopold right?
No, Topre switches are only available in Topre boards

What is programming socks? I'm new to this board

something too gay to explain

nothing wrong with programming socks, they maintain a decent blood pressure to compensate the effect of 5 red bulls while programming.

Porgamers actually wear them on the office, i have 3 coleges that wear them

Is it worth $260 Cred Forums?

no, but its not like you have tons of options for a 60% with a trackpoint

Cherry Reds or Cherry Browns? I've never really used anything but rubber domes, with desktop crap and laptop chiclets, but I'm going to go try to find mechanical examples in-person to try out.
I like the idea of easy-to-press linears, but being able to hover at the edge of actuating a tactile sounds good, too. I just don't want to be bottoming out typing, and I'm worried that I might end up doing that with linears, since there isn't the tactile feedback to know you've actuated it.
Not wanting to go above $75-$150, and since I should be able to swap out the keycaps, I could give a damn about the legend printing for now.

Almost all of your picks have Cherry MX switches, which are the "standard" mechanical switch. Most of the difference in keyboard feel comes from what kind of switch it's built with. Topre switches, beam springs, and buckling springs require special keyboard designs, but many types of switches are modular and can be ordered separately for custom builds. Modular switches are either Cherry-compatible (Cherry, Gateron, Kailh) or Alps-compatible (Fukka, Matias). Alps-compatible switches are out of fashion these days, but some Cherry-compatible switches, like the Kailh BOX series, have designs influenced by Alps.

If I had infinite money to buy keyboards, I'd make two lists. The first would be specific models:
>Topre Realforce or HHKB 2
>Model F "Kishsaver" or F77
>Apple Extended Keyboard 2
>Any beam spring I can get my hands on

The other would be modular switches:
>Kailh BOX Navy
>Zealio Pale Blue
>Hako True or Clear
>Gateron Black Silenced

There's new stuff coming out all the time in small production runs, so if you stick around you might hear about new shit that doesn't exist yet.

>being able to hover at the edge of actuating a tactile
You can't really do this with Cherry browns. The tactile bump is too small. They're arguably the worst tactiles on the market. Clears are okay, but much harder to find on stock builds.

I would seriously advise against purchasing anything with MX Browns. Their tactility is a joke and truly do feel like "sandy reds" as the meme goes. I'd recommend a board with MX Clears as said.

Go for a Kailh BOX White board if you care about tactility, since Browns are a joke. MK sells one for $99, and it comes with PBT caps.

Feast your eyes

>in a public space
>no self awareness
is he one of us?

sometimes I am absolutely baffled by the choice of style you neckbeards go with

don't have a beard.

You mean soy boys

noticing some issues with my at102w in games.

what's a good switch to try next. tried razer switches (kailh right?) in store, too cheap sounding and annoying, mx blues same story.

feel like i may be on ALPS Blacks forever

(i've since managed to remove the marks on it in pic related)

Try the new BOX Navy switches.

^
this
I went to a keyboard meet and tried at all sorts of switches there, and the new kailh box switches are some of my favorites.

there's no meetups where i live, im surrounded by 400km of desert (sad face)

>km
I'm gonna guess and say you live somewhere in MENA

you can always order a switch tester. Kailh makes a bazillion different switches so the should have one that meets your tastes.

i need that money for gasoline, also the postman wont come up here, we need a kevin costner for decent delivery times.

ok. i'll try to find a meet i guess, thanks

Hello. I don't frequent these threads, but it seems everyone got bothered by my keyboard last time. So I'll post it again.

Is this how they look in Asia?

Whatever man if you like it. My entry keyboard was a gamer board too, I got a noppoo choc mini in 2014 as my first. All you're doing is the equivalent of posting a dell in /guts/

are ortho boards practical or meme?

Thoughts on this?
>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201097
I love getting programming features on the board without needing any software, because that would make it easy to use in a Linux dual boot. The price is good too ($80~$100).
The programming looks pretty confusing, though. Is it fully programmable, i.e. could I set arbitrary functions to different keys? Assuming I could re-arrange the keycaps for dvorak or w/e, all I would really care to do is set that right Windows key to the menu button instead. They keycaps should all be Cherry (RGB) compatible right?

Same here, went with white as it was much cheaper. This board is thee best deal around. Got one for work and one for home, so comfy.

if the keyboard is split, then no

If you are going for lights on a gaming keyboard with Cherry Reds, look up K65 LUX. I just got this board and it's great. It has 256 times as many colors and options as that board, all via GUI, and can be found new for $80.

That being said, if you don't need intricate LED perk-key updates/operation, you will do far better looking at the brands recommended in the thread and buying from mechanicalkeyboards.com

Get a Filco with a custom controller if you want the cheapest fully programmable keyboard.

So I just got my screw in stabilizers, and none of the sites that sell them have directions. I also do not have my new pcb has not shipped, so I'm just trying to figure out how these work.
Does the screw go in from the bottom? I don't have a pcb handy to test how it stays on the board

>RUB OUT

Lights aren't too big of a want. I should have specified that I'm probably looking for Browns, though (I'd take Clears too).
>all via GUI
It would really be preferable to have the board be programmable without needing software.

>you will do far better looking at the brands recommended in the thread and buying from mechanicalkeyboards.com
I've been trying, unfortunately they don't allow sorting by programmable or not.

get a ducky keyboard then
mechanicalkeyboards.com has a bunch, plus they come with double shot PBT keycaps

I have a Cherry MX Brown Filco and I really can't understand the hate for Browns. I mean yeah if you like the clickity clacks, I could see how you may not find them appealing but if you just want a nice typing experience, they feel great. If you can't appreciate the subtleness of CM brown then you must be wacking at the keyboard like cavement because I don't even bottom out.

Go check out QMK for what boards it works on.

Itadakimasu

>doesn't even bottom out on browns
Look at this fingerlet

Sorry I thought you said the exact opposite.

Corsair has a CUE SDK that is compatible with many brands... it's written in C++ which I recommend; but there are extensions for it. I'm currently messing around in VS, it seems to offer the capabilities I bought the board for; which is to have live highlighting of next possible letters/sequences on their corresponding key with special color to indicate type of Visual Studio code-completion (i.e. green for variables, blue for iostreams, etc.)

If you like black alps that much try other alps, black alps are considered to be the worst alps switch.

more interested in the pink sleeve than the food keycaps desu.

Goddamn I had to go all the way to page 5 to find this thread.

Got my keys, want a 75% pcb/case but only KBDFans sells one and that shit is like $150 so fuck that.

That or just something that still has function keys but they aren't spaced higher than other rows.

I can't find anything that I wouldn't end up posting on /CSG/

just go on aliexpress and buy a chink one for 60 bucks

Is this one worth 100 bucks?

Is RedDragon just a re-brand of tomoko?

All chink crap is the same

What's the learning curve to using 60%?
My keyboard just died and I'm looking at a repalcment, a lot of I'm seeing are in this form factor and interested in giving a try as I can't remember the last time I used many of the keys on a 80.

>Budget
100~
>Location
U.S.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60, 65-75
>Backlight
Don't care
>Pervious
Razer Blackwidow Tournament

get a ducky tkl

anything without a F-row is retarded

or a vortex race 3

Anyone know of a wireless 60% with clears?

the only 60% wireless i know is the Obin Anne

dunno if it comes with clears

Looks at the Race, but it's not available anywhere. And up for pre-order but meant to drop in March.

I was looking at the pok3r. And I'm leaning towards it. I don't remember the last time I ever needed the F-keys.

no, make your own

kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/new-arrival/products/yd60ble-v1-60-bluetooth-customized-mechanical-keyboard-pcb

get kbdfans to do a tina with clears for you or something

Fantastic, thank you

what kind of retard would spend $100 on a mechanical keyboard with basic ass features?

you can get a mech kb for under half that price with more features

actually comfy as fuck

>muh features
>fuck build quality

So I'm still:
I think ultimately what I'm looking for is a Clears/Browns keyboard at no more than $75~$150 that has onboard memory (specifically for macros/backlighting profiles).
RGB lighting would be nice although it isn't strictly necessary. But it has to achieve 100%; a tenkeyless + numeric pad could work if the price is decent, but a 100% board is simpler.

A couple of decent candidates I found were:
Rosewill Rk-9000v2 RGB Br
>amazon.com/dp/B01M2AJ3KH
G.Skill KM570 RGB with MX Browns
>amazon.com/dp/B01MTQS2SE
Rosewill is a pretty bargain-bin brand in my experience though, and I don't know if it actually does full n-key rollover on USB (saw some conflicting info indicating 6-key there instead). Some of the reviews also showed quality issues.
I know the KM570 supports macro recording, and has a function to toggle between NKRO and 6-key RO, but I don't know which (if either) of those requires the software.

Thoughts? I plan to take this keyboard to a Linux dual boot too, and possibly even OS X. Provided I can swap the keycaps, I don't really care about their quality right now.

I looked at this, but pretty much everything supported is 40%/60% keyboards, which won't work for me. This will be for serious typing/office-style work as much as for gaming, and I need that numeric pad in any event.

Anyone know where I can get a Pok3r on stock. I don't want the RGB one that most are restocking, personally doesn't look as good.

mechanicalkeyboards.com is your best bet if you live in america

Anybody know if Kailh Box switches fit on the Glorious Modular keyboard?

I'm thinking of picking the board up just to play around with it.

they should, standard mx footprint

>Budget
about 150€
>Location (continent at least)
Germany
>Preferred switch type
I want it hotswappable
>Layout
ISO-DE
>Form factor
60% or TKL
>Backlight
White or RGB
>Previous/current keyboards
I own a Ducky ONE TKL RGB with Browns atm and I want to try 60% and new switches

neat.

>I want it hotswappable

do you want holtite compatible hotswap or kailh hotswap?

Whats the best programable kit that is at least 75%?
I want to test these new Kahil BOX navy switches.

kbd75 with qmk

What's the most common fullsize with cherry clears? programmable RGB is optional.
$100-180

How hard is it to desolder/swap switches on cm storm, for someone without any soldering skills?

Planning to swap cherry browns with something more tactile

Get a solder sucker and desoldering wick and it should be easy.

holtile I guess
never heard of kailh hotswap

if you want holtite you'd probably need to spend more than $150

Reasons:
1. You need to buy the holtites (2 holtites per switch).
2. You need to find a keyboard kit that is compatible with holtites and assemble the board yourself, unless if you purchase assembly service.

You're probably better off buying a pre-built board. For a prebuilt hot-swappable board take a look at:

1. Z70 Pro 65% (expensive)
2. Glorious Modular Keyboard

I wanted it prebuilt anyway, the problem is it seems there are little to no ISO boards that are hotswappable.
I already saw hotswap pcbs so I guess if I built one by myself I would go with that instead of buying all the holtites by myself

Also the z70 doesnt seem to have other compatible high cases, i dont really like that low case design. atleast i dont know any which have the usb port on the left side

it won't be pretty

Ducky

>hotswap pcbs

gk61, gk64 & xd75 (ortho) comes to mind

careful though gk64 uses a non-standard left shift

dont really like the design of 75% keyboards. is any other of them iso compatible?

No.

You have to keep in mind, to use hotswap sockets effectively, you pretty much have to commit to one layout, and ANSI is far more popular than ISO.

sorry sausage friend for you wanted iso

for iso you'd probably have to get a custom kit and solder in holtites

Can you show the light?

do i have to?

>Budget
~£100
>Location (continent at least)
UK
>Preferred switch type
linear with 60g or less actuation, like mx black
>Layout
ISO UK
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
White/rgb
>Previous/current keyboards
Corsair k50 membrane

I've been looking at getting a custom Varmilo va88m but I'm hoping I can find something cheaper, they cost like £130.

Anyone here use 60keyboard for photo editing? Really interested on the workflow.

did someone say 60% keyboard

>Budget; not an issue, I have enough money saved.
>Location; north America
>Switch; Preferably Topre.
>Layout; I am thinking of ANSI, though I am planning on living in Germany so I would like to know if there is any good reason to use ISO instead. Printed KR alongside US would be nice because I use US International for typing Latin based languages, and am learning Korean. RU printed would be nice to have printed alongside too.
>Form factor; I would like a tkl, and if possible a keyboard with no, or very little gap between the F keys.
>Leds; I would like them but I can live without them.
>Current board; Logitech G710, I got it hastily several years ago while building my first pc because I heard mechanical keyboards were all the rave but had zero knowledge on what to look for; Also it was the least cringe worth of the "gaming"keyboards. I want something quieter so I can be less anoying in VOIP.
>Style; I am a simple man, I just want that classic beige, and grey look; No Gaymer aesthetics.

Any help would be appreciated, thx for reading my blog :^).

Are there any 56% keyboards?

IBM Model F AT or a new F62/F77

I was refering to the colour mostly; Both look quite nice.

HHKB

sponsra mig

Vad känner du spontant kring listan? Har jag missat några "bjässar" på marknaden som jag bör ta med?

HHKB

I got your workflow right here
*points at dick*

>costing more means it has better build quality

L M F A O
M
F
A
O

Well yeah that's how it works. Double shot PBT keycaps are more expensive then pad printed ABS keycaps

how much did you pay again?

A fool and his money are quickly parted

I paid ~20 bucks for mine, vs the $3 for pad printed ABS. Again I don't know what you're trying to prove since better quality material cost more, which is exactly what I'm saying.

Well ~somebody~ paid $100 for a basic mechanical keyboard and thats who I'm talking to right now.

You're talking to someone else then. I just use a cherry g80 keyboard I got from a surplus store for 20 bucks.

Is my pok3r gonna come in stock this time or get delayed again

can somebody please tell me where the tilde and backtic are on this thing?

>backtic
What key is that supposed to be

the grave accent, you soup nazi

Oh you mean backtick
Why didn’t you just say that

Do you like your Vortex Core user?

might snag one for a travel keyboard

Thanks for reminding me of my childhood, those lizards are great, until they start leaking sand.

Are ergodox keycaps a meme?