Guts Thread

Just finished transferring my build into an In Win 509. Cable management space at the back sucked. r8/h8/masturb8

Other urls found in this thread:

galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-exoc-white.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cable management not possible. But who cares, closed case. HDD is only a temporary solution, 14 TB will come when I have the money. But first a sweet 1700 to fill these Terabytes...

R8

hi

This is literally the worst am4 mobo you could get.

i7 2600k build from 2011. Only thing new is the RX 570.

that shit looks really fucking dumb though.
what is even going on in there?

is your cpu senpai pushing or pulling?

Why the fuck are none of the brackets properly screwed in?

Totally my fellow gamer!
Where are the LED's!?
Where is dat GPU!?
Where are the Noctuas!?

Am I right guyz!!?

Ayyyy I have that same cooler. Things great, Did you have an issue installing that dumbass X bracket?

Worst, but still handless overclocked Ryzen 7's just fine.
t. different

how much ram that thing carries and support? What cpu? What do you use it for? Glad to finally see non-gaymer guts

also, season platinum, very patrician.

New build

>1000w
>2600k and RX 570
lol?

My bet is he had SLI at some point, given the placement of the card. I had a similar system back then a 2600k with 2 580's in SLI and a 1Kw PSU.

antec case? clean up your fucking wires nibba

>My bet is he had SLI at some point, given the placement of the card.
Oh yeah, he should probably fix that.
Still seems overkill though even if he had dual 480s.

I know it doesn't really fit anywhere else but it always bothers me when the radiator is installed at the air intake.

Coolermaster N400, no cable routing available. I wish it was N600.

>the block of performance
I have one too desu!! Love it

Not many options there. My cousin also has a 509 and the only proper exhaust other than rear is at the side, right after the front intake. THe panel behind has a sort of honeycomb mesh.

What is going with that gpu there?

I love some of the oddball inwin interior layouts. Still want to do a 305 build.

Would you rather your cpu or gpu be cooler? I prefer my cpu to be cool since gpu can handle it better.

What's the point of that metal sleeve that covers the PSU and the hard drives? Is it for noise reduction because HDDs and PSUs have movable parts? I see those in many new cases.

Why so bad? Got this for 30 € from my friend. He used it for two weeks. The only downside is the single fan connector, but my case only has one fan anyway, fits perfectly.

It should handle the 1700 well as I'll probably undervolt it.
Which ones do you mean? I can't install the frontplate normally, the SATA power cable is too short. I hope I get my old i5 bundle sold fast so I have the money for a 4 TB external.

Mostly aesthetics. It's for cable routing so you don't have to see most of their path. Allows the right side of your case to look like a complete jungle without impacting the often visible (blame windows) left side.

meant for

Although not pictured, does anyone remember ABIT? I still have a board from them and I can't get it to work. It's a IP35 Pro and anytime I try to boot it, it stops at various stages before POST (codes like C5, 0C, 2b, 2d or 50).

Shame as I only recently got around fixing it (a MOSFET near the RAM slots that was responsible for RAM voltage wasn't turning on until you would short gate to drain, lel) and I was planning to drop a Core 2 Quad in there. (currently has a Core 2 Duo E7600)

not the best photo but you can see both my 3TB drives and new wifi card.

you should clean up that sun damage bro.

>sun damage
Nicotine, case came from a heavy smoker. (not me, my health condition doesn't allow it).

I wouldn't really clean it up tho, it adds that beige color that old ATX cases had.

best of luck user and nice cable management. Couldn't you just repaint the case?

Awesome. Specs? That's a lot of ram sticks. Nice to see computers that aren't all RGB cancer

Theres a lot going on in this case that doesn't make any sense. Mainly it looks like its choking itself. Also that rear fan is shit not being encased like it should be.
Like the other guy said, why isn't the shit put together properly? Its just a mess waiting to fuck itself up.
Why even bother?
Its ok. Cabling could be better at least.
Looks like you wanted all the expensive parts, but went cheap when doing the aesthetic portion. Also why didn't you spend the extra $10 just to get the E instead of F?
Your cooler is fucked and seriously 1kw PS? Also why is your GPU shoved against the PS and not in the top slot.
Why did you even bother posting?
Its nice, Get some black cable extensions and turn the LEDs off. Also matching fans, but thats just my OCD.
Just get rid of it already. Thing is fucked.
Whats with all the potato posters this time around? What happened to the faggot that had the black cube and shilling AMD all the time?

>m-mom you don't understand! I NEED a big case!

You're just jealous

My server

I'm not though, ITXs are nice and I have one. Just any cases above mid-towers is just pointless unless you're actually doing an over the top build with multiple rads and custom looping.

I wish I could get a nicotine treatment on my white keyboard caps for the retro aesthetics.

mATX maybe, but itx is a meme to me. Only 2 ram slots, minimal HDD slots, no expansion ports beyond a GPU.

I'll admit my case is large, but it was to make room for my old FX-9590 and R9-290X xfire setup. Why am I going to buy a new case if all the new parts fit just fine? Makes working on shit easy too.

Start smoking.

r8
h8
masturb8

Meshify C

The VRMs themselves on your mobo are pretty good but the complete lack of heatsink could be a problem on such a high OC.
That's just my two cents and feel free to ignore the advice, but consider zip tying a small fan over them, or gluing some small copper heatsinks.

jesus man 58c on idle, you're killing your cpu.

that's with the 20 degree offset, it's really at 38C

>having bends that close to the fittings at the top there
inb4 leak

Lots of people shit on Seagate drives. Well lads, after 4+ years of work the last of my 1.5TB batch from 07/19/2012 finally died. The 160GB WD from 2010 was still kicking but I replaced it to with a 500GB Seagate (spare from parts bin). The system that both drives are in is my main desktop machine.

itd look a lot cooler with a diff mobo and gpu desu. very clean tho

My Server/UPS/Network gear + Backup Nas (s)

Server Specs:
FX 8300
8GB
1TB Seagate (OS/Client Backups)
2TB Seagate (Raid 1; Data)
9TB Seagate (Raid 5; Data)

Server Backup Nas (s); Kept shutdown when not used
NAS 1 - 12TB Raid 5 (Full Server Data Volume (s) Backup images)

NAS 2 - 4TB Raid 0 (2nd Archive backup of core data) (To be used only if NAS 1 and Server both go tits up)

USB External 3TB - Server System image + Backup of Client backups/ 2nd Archive copy of X Rated Content and E-Book Collection.

Client's get backed up automatically daily by the server. Backups are retained for 1 year.

Still waiting on my tax refund but my guts will essentially be
Fractal Design Define Nano S
Asrock B350 Gaming-ITX/ac
ryzen 2200g

Only part I actually have on hand is the ram

PNY Anarchy 16gb DDR4 2600MHZ

Might try to find a gpu to match asthetics of the white fractal fans and red highlights on the board. but my ram has a blue "notch" and if I dont paint it itll end up bein the red/white/blue MURRIKA build

where are the guts?

find one of those white asus gpus

Nice! maybe ill try to grab a 1050ti

HAWT...I had an ABIT mobo for years.

Noice loop.

Holy shit dude, get that hard drive off your fucking GPU.

Just finished this build last night. cost about $1800 all said and done. Fabricating a custom cover for the end of the psu shroud to hide the cables sticking out

this might be a better option if you can find one
galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-exoc-white.html

thanks ill def keep an eye out

Originally I had a Core V21 case, but that shit was too large.

Didn't bother to take any during the build. To do so now would mean shutting it down, move all network gear, move the server, take off the panel, take pic. Then putting it all back. To much work. Really don't want to do anything like that unless a hdd dies or to upgrade storage.

But here is old one during my first server build, same case but different board and drives.

Live GUTZ

Truth is that there's not a single fucking HDD manufacturer that hasn't had it's fair share of shit drives at one point or another, everyone loves to shit on Seagate, but they so conveniently forget the DeathStar era when Hitachi was pumping out ticking(literally) timebombs

First time seeing three CLCs in a single build. The two top fans are working against physics but it should work decently even that way. Nice and tidy.

Working against physics? They're just pulling air through the rads and out the top. Thanks though.

Here is the back side, still need to manage some things. dedicated 1070SC for mining.

>dedicated 1070SC for mining
Mount that shit externally. What you've made there is an oven.

Suck dick poor amd fags
> to poor to afford superior intel and nvidia hardware
U will die poor and alone

Oh, that's a pull configuration. My bad, no idea why I thought you were going full intake.

It averages 66C when EVERYTHING is going full tilt mining. It has an exhaust fan, so its actually fine.

You'll find there's a negligible temp difference fore and aft the radiator anyway, it's usually something like 3°C. Biggest impact is airflow, but a pair of static pressure fans helps in that regard.

Yep, those PCI cables are hideous, nope, there's no alternative routing location. I'll be building a set if custom length sleeved cables to replace them though. Anyone ever used paracord? Think I'll just spend a little extreme and get MDPC-X sleeve anyway.
All in all, I enjoyed building a hard tube system in a reasonably small case.

Found this bad boy in the attic.

>nigger tier MSI Armor cooler

P O V E R T Y

Next thing you're telling me you're running a poozen

If it still runs update the BIOS and get yourself a hex-core for it.

Had to re-seat the RAM (all 6 gigs of it), but it works!

Good, now give it a good cleaning. That dust disgusts me.

Holy fuck. After a 7 year hiatus from /o/, I find you in Cred Forums of all places.

Getting me inspired to dust off my old X58/920. Still would make a killer 1080P setup.

god, the price of even those is unreal. good luck user. I think you can get a gtx 970 4gb for roughly the same as a 1050 ti 4gb, just fyi

Whut mobo is that?

>Just get rid of it already. Thing is fucked.
What do you mean?

I'd try upgrading the BIOS on the Abit, just to see if it still does weird shit.

Asus Prime B350M mATX. The only real issue in it is its 4 phase vrm without any heatsink on it.

I got one at Ryzen launch because it was available and the chepest of the boards that had all the ports I needed and have been runing it with overclocked to 3.9GHz 1700 at 1.3v ever since.

Wait, a hard disk reaching 4 years of operation is considered a feat?

I'm not a heavy user, but I have drives from 2006~2007 that still work. Actually, I've never had an hard drive fail me on my entire life. 31yo here. Of course I've stopped using many.

>I'm not a heavy user, but I have drives from 2006~2007 that still work. Actually, I've never had an hard drive fail me on my entire life. 31yo here. Of course I've stopped using many.
Fite me, I still have a 4200RPM Quantum drive from the 90s that still works and has a 98SE install.

How big is it? Is the Win98 install from that time?

Quantum Fireball LCT 15GB.

And yes, it's from that time.

IIRC I also have the board and GPU that came with it, although the PSU blew up a long time ago, they still work. The MB+CPU combo is a EPoX EP-7KXA w/ a 750MHz Athlon (Slot A), 128MB RAM and a SIS 6236 AGP GPU that isn't worth beans. (one reason I went for a Voodoo 3)

288GB (18x16GB) of Samsung DDR3 RDIMMs. Pretty much maxed out the memory controllers on the processors - dual Xeon X5650s.
Running ESXi on it right now - 128GB allocated to a DB server VM and 64GB to a Hackintosh VM. I spin up Windows VMs when I need to.

The In Win 509 has two intakes - one at the front, and another on the side. Neither radiator's getting choked, and the airflow from the exhaust combined with the airflow from the GPU cools the VRMs and RAM well enough.

It's a Thermalright Spitfire installed on a Firepro W7000. Had to go for a fast single slot card, as the mobo only has one (!) PCIe x16 slot.

seems the ancient meme is real

A $50 server case would have made more sense desu

Eh. I already owned the fractal R5. My main build was in it until thermals became an issue. It was just sitting in my closet.

Apparently this is the only picture of my current build that I have.

STOP

Still a work in progress. Had to buy some jew tier components.

Have you tried to fit aftermarket drive bays in there, I know the Define S doesn't have any

what case is that?
is there room for an additional 3hdd cage?

Corsair 750D. It comes with another cage, IIRC they use the same screw pattern as 120mm fans. It also has something like 4 ssd mounts to the right of my cage in behind.

nope. but also don't need any. the drives I do have are all on the trays in the backside of it.

>Corsair 750D
>200$ CAD
oh no wonder i never noticed it when i was shopping around for parts.

ended up with this >rosewill 117
>120$ CAD
was the cheapest thing i could find with a shitload of cages that were pointed in the correct direction.

I had the Abit 9 Pro and I liked it a lot, used a C2D E6600 @2.4ghz I think, from 2006. I liked the Post LED with numbers saying what's wrong instead of just a DRAM_LED that could mean anything.

Sweet.

why pump hot cpu coolent into your gpu?

lel, a 770 performs on par with a1050ti

Mine has the POST LED numbers.

No idea tho why would it not want to work correctly. I'm using TESTED GOOD RAM sticks (they run in my current Athlon II X4 620/Gigabyte combo) and yet it either hangs on 52 or 5d.

I'm really not giving up on this until I get it to work like it should.

Also, do you recommend getting a Q9400 for it? Or should I aim for something low enough to work? (like a E6750, 65nm)

I am planning to fix it and use it with a self-repaired RPC 500W PSU (it uses decent quality stuff except the secondary caps which are ChengX which will be replaced as soon as I find some good caps and main transistors which are some random crappy 7A parts I had to make sure the PSU works. I do have some nice 12A parts and plan to install them soon, just need to test if they're shorted or not.)

Pic related, a shot of my PSU. Sorry it looks blurry, my phone decided to fuck around with me.

Nascar reporting in

I'm just about to throw out 3 drives right now

>OCZ Vertex SSD that literally just up and died when Windows came out of sleep
>WD from 2005 that is starting to go bad (bad start/stop count)
>Maxtor from 1997 that is literally fucked beyond all repair, devices can detect it but if they try to read/write off it it goes into autistic shrieking mode

could not be bothered to remove the side panel. hope that speccy is visible if you zoom in. bought the 1050ti pre-buttcoin era so all-in-all a great little rig

5820K @ 4.3GHz
16 GB DDR4 2666 CL15
RX Vega 56
Corsair 750D Case

man, that pic looks even worse than mine

boards are not a full setup

dat loose hard drive

nice loop, but the different coloring scheme for the ATX and PCIe power cables confuse me, not sure if want

pretty okay, my old 2500K/GTX680 setup is way worse

that's what my 2500K/GTX680 setup looks like, kek

pic related is my newest baby

I have the black cube, but I'm far from shilling AMD

oh shit, I had a 5820K too, even with the same cooling block

I had it at 4.2 GHz, got the 7980XE running at 4.3; seems to be a sweetspot around there

for some reason my temps sucked really bad, when I moved from alphacool to EK my temps got a lot better with a heavier setup

My homeserver after six months of uptime without being dusted

The temps are not what is limiting me with this CPU. I can Prime with AVX at low 70s @ 1.26V. Gaming is low 60s. The CPU needs 1.33V for 4.4Ghz however, as my fith core sucks.

1.26V? damn, I was running 4.2 GHz at 1.15V I think

Gaming in low 60s though? That sounds pretty high for watercooling

The GPU is bios unlocked and outputs 400W into the loop. CPU is another 120W when gaming. That is for 600mm of total rad space with the fans controlled by an Aquaero.
I have set it so it keeps the fans quiet, allowing the water to get up to 15C over ambient. I usually have 26C ambient temps in my room, so I think for that my CPU core temps are ok.

what are your gains of allowing it to go up to 400W? what are you able to achieve by having additional 100W?

I find the back side even more attractive than the front, because it's so neatly tied together

Didn't upgrade my PC once in 2017.

I guess what you want to hear is... no?
Also no CPU fan?

here is the after image

still pretty bad

>after image
dude are you still running without a CPU fan?
also no RAM?
You don't even have that EPS12V or PCIe power plugged in!

yes

my computer is ugly

its easier to install the cpu cooler and ram before doing the wiring.

Just finished my cable managment

why do you still have an IDE device?

any particular reason you opted for a 2.5 HDD?

because i have nowhere else to put it

you dont have a garbage can?

well i aint throwin it away

it also has some sentimental value to me, it was from my first computer back in the 90s

Good luck with that non modular power supply. And your computer isn't ugly!

How does this not choke the GPU fans? There's like no space for air to get into them.

but it is really ugly
as soon as I plug in the CPU header to the motherboard there is this ugly wire running across half of the board

its awful

gpu fit in there tighter than a ducks ass
true euphoria when it went in though

Nice compact build. What case is that, again?

air 240

Built this in august and I've been running it ever since, I'm afraid to open the case to see what dust lurks inside.

stupid