/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Cred Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSXpQjBsB5c
youtube.com/watch?v=_mqCJB28pls
youtube.com/watch?v=hG2BUkCVGfI
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
youtu.be/TaFKC7TFw7A
aliexpress.com/item/a/32810328926.html?
verumsonus.com/audio-technica-m40x-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=qrHv9kp3wjw
youtube.com/watch?v=KVz9otZJ3U0
soundcloud.com/worldwide-fm/eliphino-piano-day
en-us.sennheiser.com/high-quality-headphones-around-ear-audio-surround-hd-650
audiocubes.com/products/stax-sr-l300-lambda-open-back-headphones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Muke, I'll stop calling you out of you post boipucci

first for i love muke

buy an awoo stand

how asshurt will schiit shills get in this thread?

as asshurt as Muke will be after I'm done ravaging his tender anus

i have a schiit fulla 2 and sennheiser 598
i will literally never upgrade, i don't even know why I'm here

im willing to go full 1488 if it means keeping undesirable like muke or schiit shills out of /hpg/

>he doesn't buy american made amps
kys cuck

>schiit is the only american amp company

o2 is american, jds is american, bottlehead is american, etc. schiit may be american snakeoil but it's still snakeoil.

>implying you have an american amp
stop pretending and start realizing muke's setup is less cucked than yours
L M A O

who gives a shit about american made with sub-chink tier soldering and customer support

pipe down muke

>i'm angry because i'm muke and everyone keeps making fun of me

>everyone i don't like is muke

But I love you, your tight ass especially.

you are the reason the 19th amendment was a mistake

damn i wish i was a girl

stax are wack

>wack
That's a funny way of saying limp dick bass impact and rollercoaster treble response.

Why are you describing the HE400i?

Have a 400i, recently just tried out the lcd2, in hopes to buy a lcd2c.
Really enjoyed the sound of the lcd2, the weight was crazy though.
Was also looking into STAX, as they seem to be quite a decent option.

Should i save & buy a stax (incl BS required to run electrostatics) or upgrade to an lcd2c and leave it at that for now?

>wear stax
>get electrocuted

>buy 400i
>turn into gommunist

>Really enjoyed the sound of the lcd2, the weight was crazy though.

lcd2c has an improved headband that makes the weight less of a problem

>buy an hd600
>want to kill yourself because you'll never actually be a passing trap

but staxshill user was saying they have good bass with proper pads

was that a lie?

They have better bass than any magnetcuck POS earspeaker imitation (headphone) out ther.

>was that a lie?
Yes.

fuck this imma go buy me some planars

Just buy HD600, the best headphones in the world. You'll never need or want another headphone again.

meh I returned mine thanks

planars use magnets

Unironically this.

>planars
Enjoy your ringing.
>Electrostats
Enjoy your electrocution, breaking if it gets dust on the driver, limp dick bass impact and rollercoaster treble response.
Dynamic > planar > electrostatic

Imagine being this mad about being poor
Like, just get a job lmao

>electocution
>breaking
>limp dick bass impact
unlike sennheiser, STAX actually improved their products overtime and fixed all these issues.

Cred Forums would be better with flags and IDs

your mouth would be better with my dick

youtube.com/watch?v=GSXpQjBsB5c

Post setup

>He thinks dynamic is better than electrostats

If I buy Denon D7200 and wear them in public will I get laid?

You wont get laid no matter what you do.

W-why?!

Look in mirror.

Now what?

I bought the topping dx7 regardless of 10ohm output impedance because its DAC is so good.

Anyone else sad they didn't get mentioned?
I need to post my middling gear more.

kys

This is what 2 and a half year old MSR7 look like after daily use.
Fuck this leather shit, I just want something durable

The much more expensive oppo pm3 does this and the pads aren't user-replacable. Must be sent back to china for god knows how much.
The hd600's pads deflate and negatively affect the sound. Must be replaced with genuine ones for $50.
The ath-mx0 line does this but they seem to respond well to pad changes.
Hd800 pads need to be replaced every now and again.
Headphones have a cost of ownership. However it's still fucking gay and they shouldn't do it.

If at least only the ear pads would have to be replaced but the leather on the over-head gets off to and tiny flakes of this shit gets stuck in my hair.
Earpad replacement after 2.5 fucking years for 50 eurobucks...fml

Your daddy is from Alien.

The irony of this post. Gen z is lost.

They're pretty expensive. They look nice but what about them justifies 90 dollars for a two headphone stand?

Can you not swap the pads on them? This is why I opted for the m40x instead of that.

oh you can, but there is no replacement for the headband apparently. But 50 fucking eurodollarinos.
Will maybe wrap some cloth around it.

I was thinking about bluetooth earbuds but i've found this adapter thingy. Anyone ever used something like this? Is it worth anything?

The fact that morons are willing to pay this much. Basic Konig and meyer headphone holder is like $15 and actually saves desk space, but it doesn't make your battlestation pics look pretty.

I can understand paying somewhere in the range of 50 dollars for a nice headphone stand, that's pretty sufficient markup but still within reason. However these things are literally the price of a new pair of headphones.

My ath-m50 looked exactly like yours. I bought it in 2009, used it for a few years, crazy aunt stole it, just got it back and it was totally decayed and shit.
I wrapped the headband in electrical tape tightly and replaced the pads with hyper x cloud pads I had laying around. Listening to them right now.

I moved from the 400i to the LCD2C and love them. Headband is way more comfortable and pads a really cushy. I even prefer them to my HD800 in terms of comfort.

How does dacs and amps work in wireless headphones?

Threadly what's everyone listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=_mqCJB28pls

Do they sound better than the hd800? So far every planar I've compared sounds off compared to even cheap dynamics. Vocals just do not sound right on m1060, he560, etc.

>crazy aunt stole it
what the fuck dude. how you gave her some good dicking

Just leave it at this point.

I moved out because she was interferring in my relationship of 3 years(fuck i miss her rip gf) and she went crazy because she cancelled a cell phone line I had(ofc it was in her name she was free to do so) without saying anything about it and incurred the etf. She proceeded to hold hostage my desktop(brand new at the time $1750), three 1080p monitors, headphones, mice and kb etc, until I somehow pulled like $500 out of my ass. Told her to go fuck herself.

youtube.com/watch?v=hG2BUkCVGfI

Thoughts on the Turtle Beach Elite pro?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Nice looking pads, otherwise it looks awful

In my opinion yes but I prefer stronger base in my headphones. HD800 has the wider soundstage but it didn't really blow me away. The 2C is more intimate but is still kinda wide. It's not center of your head bad. Both pick up details very well. Based off of the criticism I was worried the HD800 was going to sound unnaturally bright but I think it's much more bearable than people make it out to be. It actually has decent bass and the treble really isn't completely overwhelming or anything. I don't really listen to music with vocals much but nothing sounds "unnatural" on the LCD. If anything I think the 800s sound more unnatural due to some songs sounding a little wider than they need to be. That's just my personal opinion though. I think both are great and you can find the 800s used for at or under the price of the LCD2C.

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

>being this triggered by an audio company

His posts have saved me from wasting 500 dollars.

>$500
Yeah... if you have $500 lying around for audio purchases, you're better off spending them on transceivers (HD600 is a start) rather than amps and dacs.

Pleather really is the worst of materials though. Oh I know there's that retard who's going to link to headfi about how pleather can be as good as leather blahblahblah but the type of manufactured pleather used in headphones under $300 (and often, even more expensive) is the sort that flakes off very quickly.
You say that the pads of the hd600 flatten, but that's what would happen to ANY earpad, including the pleather ones of closed headphones. It's just that, on closed headphones, the pleather starts flaking off and making the earpad unbearable BEFORE the flattening truly happens. They have the WORST durabliity of all pad types (velour, leather, pleather) since they become unusable before flattening, a process that would happen to all. Velour earpad are more durable, but by far the type of pad people change the least often is the sort of very thick (meaning they take a lot more time to flatten) sealing leather earpad you see on Audeze LCDs.

>You're looking to buy an amp and dac? Why not buy these sennheiser headphones instead!

>hd600
>bad advice
user.

Sennheiser shills almost completely put me off their brand too.

That's why I keep posting it. I was lucky enough to be affected by Schiit's terrible customer service and the month delay of my order allowed me time to do research on an alternative.

Now this is schitposting!

youtu.be/TaFKC7TFw7A

AKG 712 pro

Comfy af
Open back
214,-€
63 ohm impedance

What sound signature do you prefer?

>Comfy af
Leave

FiiO F3 or the Soundmagic E10?

So are the Monolith M1060s good?

>not buying the $2 wall headphone mounts
aliexpress.com/item/a/32810328926.html?

>he doesn't own a PortaPro

lmaoing at ur life

Those things are trash though. I'm surprised you would even compare german made professional studio equipment to some chink crap.

I do, since 2010 or so. It's shit.

poor taste detected

What if you don't have a nearby wall to mount them to? Not to mention those things look like they were 3D printed on a 100 dollar printer.

No, I'm just not poor and can afford better.
Porta pros are literal mud canons.

Are you memeing? Its 3M tape and does its job. Mine has held up for 3 years

lol I have listened to $200 cans that sound like total shit compared to portapros

>what is value

That's amazing sweetie. Proud of you.

>lmao poorfags can't spend hundreds on shit that doesn't even sound better
this is you

It wasn't your posts directly but the general revelations brought to light by amir at asr saved me from buying a jot+dac so keep doing what you're doing.
This post in particular makes me fucking sick man

>lmao poorfags
agree

>I'm just not poor and can afford better.
So can I yet I'd rather listen to some Koss than a HD650. Of course, I prefer my ATH over both, but Koss makes really good cheap headphones that are actually fun to listen to while some other brands make dull, boring sound at a premium.

Looking deeper into this was awful. On headfi(?) it is quite literally them posting their measurements and rabid fanboys freaking the fuck out. Then followed by multiple pages of random music spam to hide those measurements and explanations.

Actually I prefer my beats solo over your trash, poorfag. Don't talk to me ever again, peasant.

just because you listened to $200 cans that sound like total shit compared to portapros doesn't mean portapros sound any good when compared to $200 cans that sound really good. can you understand that distinction?

Reddit and posts from a forum that says turning on game mode increases audio quality convinced you to not buy a product?

>HD650
You fucked up. You got the wrong headphones. So close, too. Just 50 over the right model name.

Best places to try out high-end headphones before you buy them?

I just bought some TakStar Pro 82s but ended up not liking them (too much treble, not enough bass or midrange). Don't want to make the same mistake again.

Should have bought PortaBros or KSC75. There's nothing as good as Koss under $100, the chinkshit stuff is memes and the m40x isn't really worth it either. Literally no dollar spent can improve on the $16 KSC 75 until you get to like $180+ budget.

Audio shops. The problem is, your brain needs time to adjust to sound signature of headphones. At minimum you should use headphones for few days to be able to judge objectively whether you like them or not.
Best way is to buy headphones, test and then return if you didn't like them. That works in Europe.

Pleather is not that bad, it's just that some people skin pH or wathever can fucking melt it

Fuck off you retarded poorfag.

everything under 5KHz is fucking perfect above that there are some spikes and can get quite sibilant
also apparently there's poor QC on the drivers so some pairs sound way worse than others

I'll put it in "quotation marks" next time

Have you seen the reaction at SBAU?
The current theory is that Amir is NWAVguy back from the shallow grave schiit buried him in but now with topping funding his anti-schiit crusade

poorfag owns more $ in headphones than hd600 memers could afford

KSC 75 are pretty sweet headphones and far more enjoyable than the vast majority if not all offerings that exist under $100.

Pic Related.

I hope your chink overlords pay you well for all the good work you do. Preferably in soy based products.

>m40x isn't really worth it either
Then how about M50x?

Used to own K712, now own R70X. I'm missing the mid-high treble.

What's a cheap headphone that matches the sound profile of the K712 almost exactly? What's a not so cheap one?

I don't want to get another K712 because my last one broke after 2 month.

>K712 because my last one broke after 2 month
How do you break AKG headphone like that?

So schiit fulla 2 is not good anymore? What else could I buy for $100 then?

>I don't want to get another K712 because my last one broke after 2 month
Did one of the earcups stopped working?
if so that's an easy fix, you just need to resolder the wire

hd600 is bad hahahah

Fiio E10k has been serving me faithfully for years now. Micca Origen 2 is apparently being sold for 79 dollars on their ebay page.

micca origen g2
monoprice desktop amp

M50X has muddier bass. They were my first entry into the hobby but I don't consider them a worthwhile improvement over the KSC75, which I had bought solely because of curiosity over the Koss hype. One of the few times hype was actually right. The only time it makes sense to buy something like the M series is if you need some noise isolation.

I was considering a PortaPro before, this graph sure stop me.

Shimamu a cute.
A cute!!

There's no headphones out there that's quite like the K712 signature. Your best bet is to EQ your R70X, boosting the mids and treble a bit is not going to be a problem, it's bass that tends to respond horribly when you want more of it on open dynamics.

>How do you break AKG headphone like that?
They're shit, I opened it up after the left speaker went out and tried to resolder it, but the solder was so heavy that it made it break from the connector on the driver itself.

>monoprice desktop amp
10 ohm output impedance
that's going to do something not good to the sound signature of any low impedance headphone.

Nobody gives a FUCK about low-impedance headphones. IEMs are uncomfortable TRASH for desktop use.

I tried, , I broke it :( I need a new driver now. Not sure where to get replacement parts.
Oh, this is depressing :(

Why? Schiit shit is very popular in /hpg/.

Well, you are kinda wrong though, because many high end headphones are low impedance. Most planars for instance.
So yes, if you are sure you will never use those then 10ohm is fine, but I wouldn't say that no one gives a fuck.

10 ohm output impedance will affect not only IEM but stuff like some of the low imped planars like the 38 ohm HiFiMan HE-500, the various AKG that are under 80 ohm, many closed cans and I'm not going to list everything under the sun.
If you think this is acceptable in a $100 amp your opinion is garbage.

Email AKG, even if it's not under warranty they still may be willing to help you

oh, good point. forgot about planars. have some feet as an apology

>3D feet
Leave

Here's how you issue an apology on /hpg/.

>They're shit, I opened it up after the left speaker went out and tried to resolder it, but the solder was so heavy that it made it break from the connector on the driver itself.
Why not just send them back for warranty replacement?

Wait you prefer the r70x over the hd6x0's? I would love an excuse to buy a r70x they look awesome but it feels like a bad move when I could get a hd580 and new pads for like $200.

First for most useless, shitty general

He can't do that anymore now that he tried to fix them himself. Resoldering yourself is fine to attempt for something that's out of warranty, but doing that after only 2 months of ownership was a bit dumb. It was definitely covered under warranty unless he bought it used.

Yes, I much prefer them bass and treble response wise over my HD650. Now you might prefer the senn, I don't know anything about your sound preferences, musical tastes or previous headphones.
As for making bad moves and looking for the absolute best $ spent for enjoyment.. the diminishing returns are hit so hard so fast in this hobby. If you just care about the absolute best ratio of musical enjoyment per dollar spent, you'd stop at the KSC-75 and call it day.

3DPD.

That's flat bass for ya

Any noticeable difference with the d30 over other dacs? anything you don't like about it? I have one on the way.

Are you sure you like them for the sound and not because they're audio technica and you're forcing yourself to like them?

Looking good pads for my m40x, what kind should i look at. I love in a hot humid area so I'm looking for somethi in that remains cool

It's the best small budget amp+dac combo. Dont let the anti shciit shill say otherwise.

Interesting how replies to him gave him multiple choices while you double down and try to convince him to get shit.

Let's analyze this statement. We already know that Schiit has poor engineering design on every single one of their DAC products from the $2k+ price range all the way down to $100. What are the chances that the Fulla 2, as cheap as it is, is a well-designed product?

>3d
get the fuck out

I'm a noob and I would have bought something more expensive if I could guarantee that I would like it. Good thing I didn't.

>At minimum you should use headphones for few days to be able to judge objectively whether you like them or not.

Sounds like a meme but I guess I'll try it.

I'd rather have 3dpd over modern digitally drawn and cgi trash.

Nah. I've tried my fair share of open headphones at that range. From the warm HD650 to the bright AKG 702. I prefer the R70X to both, and the 702 over the HD650 for some music but the bass doesn't work well for stuff like triphop. The 702 also has that uniquely exaggerated wide soundstage which is nice for certain things. Ultimately I find the HD650 to be the most underwhelming can with the least strengths to its name.

Forcing myself to like a headphone? What a riot, this seems more like something HD650 owners do. I've never seen a can draw so many comments on how you need to "spend a couple weeks with them" to learn to enjoy them. That was after I first gave them a listen and then googled to see if other people found those things underwhelming.

I have to hear them then, their frequency response is on point. Most common complaint I hear is that they're grainy, whatever that means. Don't take my last question as a personal insult. You must admit it is extremely common for people to force themselves to like things just because otherwise they would have buyers remorse. Look at schiit shills.

but I like both

Hand-drawn cel animation waifus are the best, agreed.

Someone plz I'm new to the scene

K701 design drivers have very limited power handling. They can't take more than 90 dB before they break up. HD650 is far better. Stats and proper planars exceed the human ear.

I want to lick her feet.

Any recommendations for nice IEM cases?
I only have a shitty softshell one that came with my M6 Pros and is way too fucking big.
I'd like it to be nice and compact and hardshell so my IEMs don't get fucked if I just toss it into my bag and a book corner decides to push down on them..

I don't know but verumsonus.com/audio-technica-m40x-review/

All the headphones in the pictures I've posted are still here. Haven't sold any yet, although I should really stop being a lazy fuck and get rid of the HD650. And maybe the 702 too, but not quite sure on that one, that soundstage man.
The -last- thing I woud react with is cognitive dissonance over buyer's remorse. There's plenty of gear I have that I don't love. I even said my first decent headphone, the m50x, were not as enjoyable as the $16 KSC-75 and I wouldn't recommend any cheap AT over a Koss unless the person really needs isolation or sub-bass.

I don't know who told you the HD650 sound grainy. All of the well known mid-fi cans have a clean sound. Are you sure you're not confusing the HD6x0 for the 5xx (558, 598, 559, 569, 579, 599) ? these definitely are not up to par.

>K701 design drivers have very limited power handling. They can't take more than 90 dB before they break up.
Maybe, I wouldn't know because I would never push a headphone into something that's causing ear damage. Maybe that's how you end up liking sennheisers.

>headphone into something that's causing ear damage.
No, you're not thinking about it in a sober manner.

Cell animation is amazing. But you can have a show like FLCL which still looks great because they only used digital tools with traditional animation styles. They didn't rely on it to pump cheap garbage looking shit out.
See Look at the background. It could not look more poor.

Fulla 2 is better than the e10k.

>yuru camp
>poor background

I wasn't clear. I was told the r70x sounds grainy.

That specific screenshot sure is. I don't know the show so maybe there's better. Doubt it.

>hand painted water color backgrounds
>poor
Maybe if you are a tasteless cretin.

Super clean, no coloration

Sure it is Jason

Post an example then.

100% because Schiit is the best audiophile company in the world.

At what level does jitter/distortion actually matter?

I mean, -95 db, is that audible?

lol

Nah, haven't seen any issue with those cans. Some people will find buzzword for any sort of treble that's not darkened and gone AWOL like the HD650 does.

Nice highest fidelity headphones in the universe, IT.

In all honesty it's probably inaudible. The real question is why pay $600 (that's the price of the Bifrost Multibit) for gear that performs worse than a $120 DAC? Can you explain that?

glad to see someone shilling the r70x, i also chose them after demoing against 600s and 650s

Nobody here will recommend any Schiit products other than the entry level ones.

Magni 3 and Fulla 2 are decent devices at $99.

The "high end" is pretty much the audio company exercising its right to part gullible people from their wallets. Thanks to the gracious financing from these wealthy individuals, we can have quality goods at $99. Welcome to audio.

No. All normal dacs sound the same. And this is why you should not buy some audiophool Schiit boxes in the first place. Even motherboard with Realtek will sound as good as a normal dac because it is a normal dac (if it has no noise). For all dac magic believers I suggest to buy an audio interface or even a simple AB switch to make some blind tests.

Fulla 2 is a shit device with a shit quality control and the same usb noise problems as a Modi 2. You must be retarded to buy it.

Name an alternative usb-powered device that's actually overall better.

>Name device
>nah, that's just worse

There are dozens of them. Oh you can buy a Behringer audio interface for the and some diy discrete headphone amp if your really need it. This way you will learn how things work in audio and you will have a hardware to make some blind tests.

msr7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HUGE POWER GAP >>>>>>>>>>>>> any other closed headphones

*STAX 4070

While it's not exactly what he's asking and I do need to retest, I do recall an audible difference between having my Mpow transmitter/receiver transmitting audio from a syba usb and an E10k.

>Behringer
Get out.

incorrect

idiot

115dB is the dynamic range of the ear. that's not to say you couldn't hear lower that if you were trained, I'm not sure what exactly is possible and I don't think anyone is

>STAX 4070
can't be used in the only situation where closed headphones make sense such as, gasp, mobility

incorrect

wrong

sometimes adults work with other people or have young children who need to sleep. closed headphones make sense there you fucking neet

behringer is better than your schiit dacs. I'll let that sink in

>sometimes adults work with other people
and you are going to lug this thing and its amp to work
or trust your coworkers not to steal it by leaving it there
> or have young children who need to sleep.
if you're too poor to have a decent home you shouldn't have children
open headphones don't leak so much sound as to disturb someone's sleep in another room unless you are trying to deafen yourself

>Hold on Jimmy, I just need to get out my headphones!
>Sure bro, no problem
>Literally put ear speakers on and walk out in public

you must work with poors
stax amp is nothing compared to the cost of the other equipment we keep lying around

i want to fug migu

Chad move

a challenger approaches

Limp dick bass impact and rollercoaster treble response. Electrocution risk. Breaks if you get dust on the driver. Poor build quality. Overpriced, low fidelity trash that sounds worse than $17 KSC-75.

>you must work with poors
you clearly have no job and no real life outside of the one you're inventing here if you think there is no thieves among wealthier people
or naivety that is so big the fall will kill you

That's flat bass for ya

doesn't own headphones

are you a bot

No, he's a dedicated NEET shit poster who can't afford headphones (at all).

>Electrocution risk
Snapheiser is one thing but this is just unethical.

>Made in china

Still a desktop amp/dac combo from stax would make me far more interested in them than currently.

We Staxifier now.

if that happens just use your backup STAX

Rather than stax, what about koss's estat, ESP-950? yay, nay, no way?

Well regarded in terms of sound but needs its lifetime warranty.

if it’s supposed to be around 700$ i’m definitely getting this

youtube.com/watch?v=qrHv9kp3wjw

have you seen anywhere it suggests $700? too expensive for a baby amp for my tastes, would buy at $400

youtube.com/watch?v=KVz9otZJ3U0

it's mentioned on can jam
it's amp+dac+battery powered portable

I know what it is, is that the suggested price?

someone said that US distributor mentioned that price on canjam. can't find it now

and directly from japan will surely be cheaper

What's interesting is that it seems to lack a battery saver mode which clamps down on the treble.

1. who tf is muke?
2. will connecting an amp to my desktop mobo speaker/headphone out cause double amping/problems?
3. why is meze 99 classics tagged as "amp helpful" in canpicker? i thought they didn't need one

STAX wants $700 for made in china garbage?

Better made in china than made in india

For that price it would be only acceptable for them to be made in Japan or US. But STAX seems to hate the US market for w/e reason. Keeps my wallet safe I guess.

>double amping
who told you double amping was bad? headfi? mmm ideal is when you have your amp knob set to 50%. so set windows volume to whatever makes your amp have the perfect volume at 50-60%. bottom of the volume pot usually is noise and has channel imbalances. top of the pot means the amp has to work hard to amplify and can clip/distort

Connecting two amps is retarded no matter how you look at it.

I've paged Muke, he should be here shortly.

it's really not. your dac has to amp the signal anyways. your dac amp combo will have a buffer section because suprise suprise double amping lends to lower distortion. an amp designed to amp to 2V first then 11V will have much lower THD than a dac/amp designed to amplify straight to 11V skipping the buffer

You're talking about a mobo amp, dumbass.

don't care. the mobo is effectively a dac not an amp. most mobos can only push 1.2v.

is muke dendi?

>don't care.
Consider sucking on an exhaust pipe instead of spreading this kind of misinfo.

I was considering the r70's (honestly for the look more than anything else) but I was put off by hearing so often that they were way too neutral to the point of sterility. What do they have over the HD600's, which as I understand are meant to be neutral without being completely lifeless at the same time?

>neutral == lifeless
Seriously, we need to stop this meme. I've heard colored headphones that are lifeless. I've heard neutral headphones that are not.

which part did I upset you with? the part where I said your mobo can't even throw standard line out voltages or that a dac/amp combo is double amping? the only difference between a mobo output and dac output is an external dac can actually do 2v and has a lower noise floor / THD

You're a fucking idiot, champ. Great phone posting.

The Behringer is such a great audio interface for the price. If they didn't suffer from the shit chink-tier build reputation they had years ago, I'm sure they'd be the most shilled stuff in budget audio production.
Scarlett, Steinberg UR22 and all of the similarly priced audio interfaces measure worse than the UMC204HD and the MIDAS preamp for mics is way better than everything else. They don't even come close in features.
If only they added a better headphone amp/output, this would be the only thing you'd ever need to buy.

>bottom of the volume pot usually is noise and has channel imbalances
Yeah, like 1% of bottom or less.

How many communists do we have here? Is this a communist general?

Literally the opposite, fuck off.

>top of the pot means the amp has to work hard to amplify and can clip/distort.
With a real load, sure. But an amp won't put much load on its source. That's the point. Amp uses little power from the source, and provides its own power to the sink.
The real issue is that amps expect an input at line levels, which are different than headphone levels. Such as, lower voltages and higher impedances.

fascist general?

Capitalist. This is a thread about buying products.

this isn't a buy thread

Two. Muke and NHA.

not sure where i read double amping was bad but it's not headfi since i don't go there. statistically it has to be on one of those places where schiit is shilled as absolute must buy

looks like i won't find the answer here

Quit regurgitating misinformation, you're only making HD600 owners look bad

soundcloud.com/worldwide-fm/eliphino-piano-day

I really like this guy sometimes.

Repeating your BS a thousand times won't make it true.

Fact: HD600 is the better headphone.

Fact: You don't own headphones.

>Not driver matched
Into the trash

>Unironically believes the BS that HD600 ain't matched

That depends entirely on the pot used and the topology.

Prove to me Sennheiser driver matches the HD 600 using official documents

Alright you autistic fucks, instead of having this "argument"(spergfest) for the millionth time, how about you both post your setups. Should be easy enough.

why is meze 99 classics marked as "Amp helpful" at canpicker?
Sensitivity: 103dB at 1KHz, 1mW
Impedance: 32 Ohm

Amps just amplify, as voltage is relative. Using whatever input voltage will be fine, as long as you're not clipping the sound and it may not be optimal due to the engineer designing it for 2V loads but in the real world it should make little difference. It's much cheaper to buy an amp first and run it off a mobo. Also source impedance doesn't matter, amps usually have pretty high impedance (1kohm) so anything lower will do

Rate my speaker setup :)

HD600 doesn't even have matched drivers. HD650 and HD6XX have hand-picked drivers matched to within 1 dB, and are very easy to EQ to your liking. They can even be EQ'd to sound the exact same as an HD600, as the 600 and 650 differ only in damping.

It doesn't. Prices for the two are closer nowadays, but the HD650 used to cost $100 more than the HD600 for good reason. Even right now there's almost a $100 price difference between the two on Amazon. Brand new Massdrop HD6XX can be had for a good price on ebay right now, though.

Where's your setup? Kindly do the needful and post your setup.

Well, user isn't wrong

I don't care who's right or wrong, I just want to see the setups of both sides.

Ah.

How is that relevant?

How is it not? This is a headphone thread; post your headphones.

The black mesh part on the outside of one side of my HD 598s got dented but I don't think I can really hear a difference. Is this purely cosmetic or should I bother fixing it?

You know it's impossible to tell via measurements, right? These drivers are 38 mm meaning their sweet spot is nothing. A matched set of drivers can be blown out in the measurements by a modest nudge.

Actually I just sent Sennheiser email asking the same and they responded instantly that it's matched!
Make sure to screencap this.

Screencap what?

How about you send me a pic of your setup with a timestamp?

I guess, but you would need to use really shit pot and/or really shit amp in general to notice any issues on low volume. Very bottom of pot I agree, and that's issue even top alps pots have, but other than that you are more likely to experience issues by pushing high volumes (on shit amps) than by having pot on low.

A frequency response measurement with a proper seal is a good indication of a headphone's driver matching.

My post, it proves that HD600 is driver matched.

I don't think I follow

No, a seal is not the point. You do know that most dynamic headphones are sensitive to positioning, right?

Yeah, probably. Look at post I initially responded to, picture specifically.

Unlikely minor damage to the mesh will affect the sound. Mesh is there just to protect the driver.

Parts can be ordered for these headphones, so you're covered once things get really bad. They'll likely last you a long time in any event. Longer than you should be using them. HD600 is a significant upgrade; I did it and I'm not looking back.

More autistic than ash bullying in /arg/.

Yes, but what's the point you're trying to make?

>power mode
>speed mode

The point is that posting graphs to assert the matchedness of a headphone's drivers may not be valid.

I assume if measurements are done by anyone competent they make sure to put headphones on mannequin properly.
Real problem is, no one here adjusts their headphones with a ruler so no one is going to get the same sound as this from measurements.
Not to mention that people have different shaped ears and ear canals (often times unmatched!) and that will most likely be bigger issue.
I hope matched user will not kill himself or start looking into surgery options after reading this.

No, that's a properly done measurement I posted,

en-us.sennheiser.com/high-quality-headphones-around-ear-audio-surround-hd-650
>Hand-picked components
>Systems with narrow tolerances (± 1 dB), hand-picked in pairs

and only proves how closely matched the drivers really are in the 6XX and 650.

imagine being some fuckin big-eared faggot with narrow ear canals fucking with the performance of your favorite cans. forget taste matching, we need to start recommending headphones based upon physical attributes

>Hand-picked components

So are Christmas lights made by hepatitic Chinese prisoners.

>Systems with narrow tolerances (± 1 dB), hand-picked in pairs

At 1 kHz, or 20-20k?

Agree. I have a starter, if someone has tight ear canals we can recommend dt880, to drill out canals a bit with treble.

Does gen z really think that sweat shop labor is the same as "hand picked"?

Are you really trying to say closely matched drivers don't matter? Ridiculous. Enjoy your HD600's channel imbalance. You may have not even noticed it after a while. But your brain did.

20-20k. See

Looking for a reccomendation
Willing to spend up to $350 I think
I am particularly looking for something with a good soundstage since the ATH M50x im using now is said to have a poor sound stage. If still like something close to a flat response curve if possible

Closed or open ?
I think the HD6XX is currently on Massdrop, this with an OL DAC + Massdrop O2 will be exactly your budget and the only decent upgrade path to this is either kilobucks (HD800/STAX) or speakers.

Stax isn't kilobuck chum. It's $650-700 new with amp.

My understanding was that open was better for sound stage, but it doesn't matter otherwise. The 600 seems much cheaper than the 650. Is there a big difference?

new thread

>Stax isn't kilobuck chum. It's $650-700 new with amp.
Only the L300 is at that price, and that's excluding possible taxes from imports. It's also not the best thing to upgrade to, I'd only go for the 80th Anniversary L300 or the L700 + amp, which are nothing short of $1k.

It's $400 and the rest of what you said is mendacious bullshit.

>It's $650-700 new with amp.
>It's $400
Maybe are you perhaps disabled ?

audiocubes.com/products/stax-sr-l300-lambda-open-back-headphones

>new with amp
Also shipped from Japan, so taxes and customs apply here. Realistically, this comes close to the kilobuck range.
I also think electrostatics under the L700/Omegas aren't interesting but this is my personal opinion. STAX have great used deals though, but I'd advice looking at this only if you have competent knowledge about it.

Well thats what happens with shitty fake leather