What is android/PC(linux) equivalent of iMessages?

what is android/PC(linux) equivalent of iMessages?

Telegram.

I would say fb mesenger and whatsapp both are default in opera

There isn't one. Nothing integrates SMS and online chat this easily and is actually widely used. Google could do this but they'd rather you use 4 different applications instead.

This.

there is none.

Who still uses SMS

At least North America and Oceania

So it's pretty irrelevant then

>Oceania
people who have crocs as pets are irrelevant

my mom and grandma do.

People who hate Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, Twitter and other retarded kiddo teenie apps.

People who hate snapchat and twitter just use whatsapp. SMS is caveman tier.

mighty text?

This.
They almost had it with hangout, but for some reason they scrapped it and made it 3 separate apps, that only work on smartphone

They use Whatsapp. UK here, I haven't texted in years and I've got no desire to.

Signal does that but it is a moxie botnet

Why? You don't need to install X app in order to chat and every single phone support it.

whatsapp web

>SMS

American problems...

Because every single phone owned by normies supports Whatsapp, and it's much better at group chatting/image sending. No-one texts anymore, even all the seniors I know are using it.

Why do you guys add WhatsApp to your phones? More bloat and resource usage. SMS covers texting fine, wtf else do you need to do? Watch gifs or shit? Phones are for utility not kiddo gaming shit.

Just use Signal. There's now a desktop client that works similarly to WhatsApp web.

Groups, sms is fine till you need to send pic, then it's 30sec delivery time for single image, can't sent videos larger than 300k, can't send files...

Whatsapp is actually lean and fast as fuck even on ancient phones.

>Just use an app that nobody uses
must be nice to have no friends

People who have no access to WiFi or mobile data, they cut off for me several times on the way to work and I have to go back to SMS. Even worse for people in rural areas.

I imagine you as one of those 18, 19 year olds with snapchat on their phone, and use words like "lit" and "savage" all the time. You take pride in being hip and "with it", don't you?

>Facebook messenger
>teen app
Seek sunlight

>centralized shit.
>jewgle libs bundled.
>refuse to use fdroid.
>refuse to use snaps.
>use their own crypto (I guess it's audited but particularly I find funny how when anyone else roll their own crypto is considered bad and harmful but here is not.)
>phone number only, no user ID.
>shitty electron desktop client.
It is far inferior to all its alternatives and gives me no reason to trust it.
XMPP+OMEMO is the only way.

Well how old are you?

Twelve
>inb4 b&

hangouts

This

this

If you are all about removing bloat, you should remove your dick. You are for shit posting, not kiddo reproduction shit.

Facebook Messenger

>Nothing integrates SMS and online chat this easily and is actually widely used.
You just described Facebook Messenger.