LOOK AT THIS SHIT

LOOK AT THIS SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Disk_encryption
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Install Gentoo.

>I am stupid so I installed a garbage os.
>Please watch me screm at my computer like a retard.

I've disabled automatic updates and the fucking shit still pesters me with notifications to update when I'm in the middle of a game and the notification won't go away until I click it which forcefully MINIMIZES MY FUCKING GAME. I hate Microsoft so goddamn much.

Games.

Stop playing games and install a real mans OS you fucking pussy.

Just restart your pc once a day like a normal person

I'm already using a real OS, fagtron. I have Windows installed in a VM with PCI passthrough. I don't want to be interrupted when I'm doing the only thing on Windows I use it for.

I never actually have to restart my pc if I don't want to.

>fagtron

How awfully creative.

Windows is shit and you shouldn't be playing games. Games are for wasters.

>I never actually have to restart my pc if I don't want to.
Then torrent the Enterprise version or something which lets u disable updates entirely.

Dont come here crying when you need help removing the latest ransomware from ur pc though.

>Games are for wasters.
>He said as he shitposted once again on Cred Forums

In a couple of weeks I have to give a presentation for several potential clients.

The venue has a smartboard with Windows 10.
The host warned me it might update and reset during my presentation.
Awesome.

There is a difference between shitposting and offering solid advice.

Windows is shit. Games are a waste of time.

Browsing Cred Forums is a waste of time but you're doing it anyway, that's the point he's making. You're being as productive here as you would on any video game.

>Windows is shit.
Your misplaced elitism is so cringe worthy. You should know that people laugh behind your back anywhere that isnt an imageboard.

>Games are a waste of time.
Yes when did they pretend to be otherwise? If you are always so productive then why arent you some CEO of a multi billion $ company then?

TRUMP WHAT IS THIS

I am a CEO of my own company.

Making you reply. inc

LOOK AT THIS STUPID BULLSHIT!

>I-I was only p-pretending to be retarded

It's not if you're a shill.

LTSB doesn't have this problem.

neither does Gentoo.

>what is comedy

>installing only OS that works on a modern computer
>retard

With newer builds of 10 it's easy to control that shit, especially if the system is on a domain. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Why are people this retarded? Shut your fucking computer off every once in a while and windows will update. At the very least restart it.

Its the fucking simplest shit with some of you retards.

/thread

Linuxfags will all be hanged

>you people?

It's not even my device.
It's not on a domain, it's probably switched off 99% of the time since they only use it during presentations (it was turned off when I got the tour of the room)

I just have to use it and this is what the guy warned me might happen.

If they're too retarded to keep their shit up to date or set active hours to something reasonable, get there early and make sure the equipment is set up properly.

this

I have had 10 installed since the literal day it got publicly released because it was my salvation from 8.1. I followed a guide on Cred Forums to fix all the dumb shit and since that day I've never seen an ad, I've never had an update forced on me and I've never seen this dialog box.
t. three weeks uptime with an update sitting there for two and a half of them

is net stop wuauserv too hard to type?

Can I even force an update to make sure it won't randomly update an hour later?

>windows
yup, that's shit

This

Its funny as this board claims to be ricer kings but as soon as it involves a mainstream application they suddenly are completely ignorant.

>yup, that's shit
cringed

All fun things are a waste of time.

OBAMA YOU FUCKING NIGGER, WINDOWS 10 MADE ME A RACIS5

obama you nigger

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

This, just build a table.

Post the link to it dumbass
hooktube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y

>It was merely an act
>Windows 8
>the only OS that works on modern hw
Sure, retard

I work having to support WIN10. I hate it
>There's no linux jobs anywhere in my little town

This adult gets it

Gentoo wont even compile in virtualbox. Letting that beast run on real hardware is crazy

What winfags say why they dont use linux
>Windows is so much better than Linux because you don't have to use the command line!
What they say when windows fucks up
>What do you mean, you want to use the command line or some hidden system tool meant for network admins? It's so "simple"!!!

జ్ఞా

>doesn't know what iOS filenames look like

KEK, this is the state of Wincucks.

>I've disabled automatic updates and the fucking shit still pesters me with notifications to update when I'm in the middle of a game and the notification won't go away until I click it which forcefully MINIMIZES MY FUCKING GAME.
Go to C:\Windows\system32
Take ownership of MusNotification.exe and MusNotificationUx.exe
Change the permissions to deny read/execute for all listed users.
Enjoy no update notifications.
(You do need to redo this from time to time after some updates)

based.

Dumb phone poster.

>boo hoo I turned on automatic updates and now my computer updates automatically
wooooow

Things that Linux doesn't have;
>full disk encryption
>graphics card drivers
>photoshop
>smooth mouse pointer (due to no drivers/shitty generic basic drivers that are similar to the Windows basic display driver until you install one from AMD/Nvidia
>temperature monitoring program (HwMonitor/HWinfo64)
>system cleaning utility (ccleaner/privazer)

Do you want me to go on??????

Services > Windows Update > Disable
Enjoy your vulnerable system.

The thing about this, though, is that "muh games" is becoming less and less of a real argument for people not to use Linux.
We're gaining traction, look at all the games that support SteamOS on Steam...

>Cropping out the button that let's you delay it for years.

>full disk encryption
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Disk_encryption
>graphics card drivers
Both NVidia and AMD supply their own drivers, and there are free-software alternatives like Noveau.
>photoshop
Only real argument. I don't need photoshop but depending on what you do with it Krita and/or GIMP are good alternatives, Krita being more aimed at artists.
>smooth mouse pointer
What are you on?
>temperature monitoring program
The fact that every screenfetch has the CPU temperature says that one's false.
>system cleaning utility
Not necessary, but if you really want to get every byte available you can use QDirStat

ur cumputer has the gay op

>YOU MADE ME A RACIST!!!1

classic

Do you guys really use windows 10?

Why don't you just use Windows 7?

It's better.

>GIMP
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe Linux isn't so good if this is the kind of argumentation you must resort to.

It's not, it's worse in every way, shape and form.

Sup BB.

Just restart, idiot. It takes literally 30 seconds.

Laughing maniacally isn't an argument ;P

Don't worry, that person != most Linux users. Gaming has actually recently really started to improve on Linux.

I'M RENDERING

Major updates sometimes reset your settings. Short of full GPO you can't nuke it from orbit

I don't ever see this screen and I'm on bleeding edge windows, I update and restart after it's done, without any nags. Are you doing something stupid maybe?

You can run photoshop, microsoft office and others windows shit like 10 years now since wine got good.

If you are scared of wine, just install playOnLinux, it has more friendly gui even the most brainded winuser will manage to use.

Does killing the notification exe like this kill the auto reboots, or just make it so it doesn't tell you it's going to reboot?

My setup is disable Windows Update and BITS services, disable the UpdateOrchestrator scheduled tasks, and take ownership and disable write for the files for those disabled tasks. I can then enable and start Windows Update and BITS when I want to update manually, then turn them off again. And even if I leave them on and it updates on its own, its forced-reboot task is kill.

Never had a single one of those appear during my two years of using Winblows 10. Nowadays I only find out about updates when I'm about to turn off my computer

>I am completely incapable of seeing possible humor outside the scope of my own tastes, therefore anything that I don't like is pretending to be retarded. There is no jokes to be had when I'm the audience, anything you say is a joke is you just pretending to be retarded.
This is not to say beating something with a stick is humor, before you go on and try to use that as a cop out you absolute retard.

watch the video

Not so much. “Fagtron” is a meme...

>modern computer
what's a computah?

It kills the auto reboots too.

If you do install updates and you click "reboot now" in the Windows Update panel it will fail to reboot, you have do it through the start menu/normal means.

>thinking updating windows is going to protect you from new malware

kek

I agree with your anti-windows stance, but let's be real, fagtron is a pretty good insult

ITT: "gamers" trying to justify winblows and their addiction.0

>It's not, it's worse in every way, shape and form.
Solid arguments. Can't argue with that.

install gentoo

>Looking down on people for using their PC's for gaming
What the fuck do you non-normies actually do with computers? Browse the internet in new and unexciting ways?

I understand if you run a server or code or some shit for work and feel comfortable using a different OS, but if you're just some basement dweller who uses a random operating system and looks down on people for using their PC as a gaming machine, what kinds non-CP related things do 'real men' do with their computers? Programming shit? Like what? Are you going to sell the fruits of your labour or is it just a pass time hobby? What if nobody wants your shit and it's a waste of time?

I doubt you guys have interesting sporting hobbies, what exactly is so manly about refusing to play video games and being a puritan about work or study only on a PC?

>linux user thinks computers are only used for programming
you know that actual work like engineering and construction management is done via computers too, right?
solidworks and revit are monopolies in this market, but you probably don't even know that computers can render anything other than text

I have been using Windows 10 for about 2 years now and I have literally never been forced to restart. Just what are you niggers doing?

it is in this case