/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Need help?:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i 7000 series. THEY'RE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>Ryzen 4 core CPUs ARE SUPERSEDED BY THE 2200G & 2400G, BUT UNLESS YOU BUY A COMBO YOU'LL LIKELY NEED TO HAVE THE BIOS UPDATED
>G4560 - non-gaming (light tasks). Mostly superseded by the 2200G and upcoming Athlons.
>R3 2200G - Budget builds (best with OC + fast dual rank RAM) and/or for holding out until GPU prices drop
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VMs / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933-3200 MHz is ideal
>Dual rank memory is often cheaper than comparable higher MHz memory (ie Crucial Ballistix Sport)
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Cryptocurrency miners have driven GPU prices up
1080p
>MSRPs: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) FPS
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) FPS
2160p (4K) on well optimized games
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't waste money on a GPU that drives much higher FPS than your monitor's Hz for "future proofing". Save to upgrade later.
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory
>Consider a single larger SSD instead of both a small SSD + much larger HDD.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
liliputing.com/2018/02/leak-amd-v1000-great-horned-owl-bring-ryzen-embedded-systems.html
amazon.com/dp/B0149QBOF0/?tag=pcpapi-20
pcpartpicker.com/list/4KkV3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/BG6kcY
pcpartpicker.com/product/3CdFf7/gskill-ripjaws-v-series-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f4-3000c15d-16gvkb
pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvkb
pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#p=1&e=4&W=650,750&m=11,14,71&sort=price&page=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/C77mP3
ebay.com/itm/ATX-24-Pin-Male-to-Female-ATX-Power-Supply-PSU-Extension-Cable-Extender-30cm/152632264110?epid=12005836046&hash=item23899785ae:g:ZzMAAOSwg55ZccDO
pcpartpicker.com/product/XJYWGX/gskill-aegis-8gb-1-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f4-3000c16s-8gisb
pcpartpicker.com/product/wQmxFT/team-vulcan-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tlgd48g3000hc16cdc01
youtube.com/watch?v=UuvLu0uAfTU
samsung.com/ph/monitors/led-sf350/LS22F350FHEXXP/
techpowerup.com/reviews/FSP/Windale_4/8.html
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/DGrTw6
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rq46MZ
youtube.com/watch?v=OADhRSJj-VY
support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zQ6Tw6
amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B06X9LN3QK/ref=mw_dp_cr
pcpartpicker.com/user/Algodeen/saved/KcYhqs
wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/16325-best-reviewed-flicker-free-144-240hz-monitors-version-2-0-a.html
pcmonitors.info/recommendations/
tftcentral.co.uk/
tftcentral.co.uk/selector.htm)
pcmonitors.info/
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-GTS-450-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-11-Ryzen-iGPU/m7762vsm401440
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WJg8TB
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/rrvZxr/crucial-mx300-275gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct275mx300ssd1
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RC46MZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/pNFcCb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>G4560

Reposting:

I have bought a i7 7700k at 200€ and a Cooler Master Saidon for 50€.
Also:
>Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB Kit (4 GBx2) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) Single
>MSI H270 Gaming M3 Scheda Madre, Formato ATX
>Corsair CS650M
>Crucial SSD 525 GB

I don't know which GPU get. Right now i'm tryin to get a used 1070 or a 1080. The prices are 450€ for 1070 and 650€-ish for 1080.
(You can never find AMD GPU) Which one should i pick?

Also:
>Should I get a 144hz for 250€ or should I save money for a 144hz (around 400€) G-Sync one?
Is G-Sync really worth 150€?

Sadly G-Sync is the only option if you're using Nvidia graphics. This site has a demonstration of why it (and by similarity, freesync) are so good: blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/

>Friend is wanting to buy a 1080ti, would a founders edition be okay since they're $750 compared to paying up to $1,100 for a regular card?
If you account for like $100 for an aftermarket cooler, yeah.

At that price, 7700k sounds fine.
Though you may have gimped it by not being able to overclock with that board and you got a shit grey-label non-modular PSU.

Just get an older used GPU for now. Can't justify that high of a price for a 1070 or 1080.

>Is G-Sync really worth 150€?
No it's not worth any €. It's just a scam to rip off dumb cucks who bought an overpriced GPU and then had to buy an overpriced monitor to pair with it.
Nvidia could release a driver update that makes their GPUs work with freesync. They are physically compatible. They don't because greedy Jews.

>AMD poozen

>youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
ayyy

Why no recommendation for the 2400G in OP’s build guide? (Just 2200G?)

Because 2400G stock nearly reaches the limits of reasonable memory configurations.
With reasonably fast memory and the 2200G overclocked, you get roughly the same as overclocking the 2400G.

The 2400G is a bit overpriced. It should be like $150.
But... it's not terrible to get. I mean you do save on a cooler with the 2400G since stock it'll run about as fast as an overclocked 2200G but with better thermals.
Or if you actually need the SMT for workstation tasks, the 2400G becomes more worth it there.
2200G is just tremendous value.

What are some non-insanely expensive SFF cases? I like the Ghost S1 and the NCASE M1 but fuck paying $250.

Thank you. I was thinking of getting a 2400G as a starter build with some fast 3200 RAM for a workstation/couple of VMs/light gaming (until GPU/ram prices fall) but if it’s not a massive jump over
the 2200G then do you think I should just plump for the 2200G and then pick up a (presumable) R5 2600 / 1030+ When on sale in the future?

I’m in a similar position. Would love a sweet AF ITX build but for the prices of ITX cases I might as well just got for a (larger but well regarded) Fractal Design MATX. Only in computers does less cost more! Oh and Apple. :)

I went with a Fractal mATX build but came across someone selling a (probably stolen) 7600k and ITX motherboard for $150 that I bought, so now I want to put a second build together for my girlfriend. There's that Cougar case that's sorta similar to all the meme SFF cases for $50, but I might just bite the bullet and get one of the meme cases.

I have a 1080 ti and two 1070s, so I might just sell one of the 1070s or the 1080 since I don't actually play anything that really uses it. They're just mining shitcoins currently

>Is G-Sync really worth 150€?
On 144hz, no.

On 60hz, barely yes.

The problem though is that not all games support 144hz, so if you want to play single player games then you pretty much need to have an adaptive sync monitor to get fluid motion. Having async makes a huge difference but the main issue with gsync is that they charge freakin 150€ for it while freesnc does the same thing for just another 10-30€ depending on the model (also different implementation), which is why gsync is not worth it even though the quality improvement is kinda worth the price.

Its just ridiculous. Buy a used gpu instead and wait for the next round of amd cards instead, or maybe wait for the 2000 series nvidia cards to release and watch the market burn while all the rich fags struggle to sell their 1080/1080ti at the same time.

Just don't waste to much money on an nvidia gpu since its not a good long term choice since there are barely any monitors out there with gsync, they are all either 24" or 27" high refresh rate while freesync comes in almost all ranges of resolution and size and purposes.

Just gaming wise, if you overclocked both of the GPU's and didn't touch the CPU frequencies, at the same memory speed, you don't think the 2400G would be worth the money for the increased gaming performance?

What are the best silent case fans? Are Noctua worth their price?
PWM or DC?

>building a pc
>kek

I was about to do this until I realized how many people do this and then sell at a loss on Craigslist. Got an awesome Hackintosh build for $500. The guy spent $1,200 when he did it, and it would probably cost me $800 today.

You don't derive value from the usage of your own computer?

How much money have you profited from taking the bus in the last few years?

Might want to consider getting some dual rank RAM that can run at 2933. DR at 2933 is generally faster than SR at 3200. Though I'm not sure anyone has tested this on Raven Ridge yet, I'd still imagine it's something like 2-4% faster.

>if it’s not a massive jump over
the 2200G
Stock, the 2400G is significantly faster than the 2200G.
The problem is that stock, the 2200G GPU runs at 1100MHZ but you can give it a +50% overclock to over 1600MHz fine with like a Cryorig H7.
The 2400G does have 37% more CUs, so theoretically should be 37% faster at the same 1600MHz, but the problem is memory bandwidth. An overclocked 2200G roughly reaches the limits of DDR4 memory bandwidth.

In the end, the 2400G is faster, but only slightly. The 2200G OC'd closes the gap much more than the 2400G OC'd, stock-for-stock. It's better but not $70 better.
But if you just want the fastest APU you can get, since GPUs cost so much, and also want SMT, then the $70 is justifiable.

>do you think I should just plump for the 2200G and then pick up a (presumable) R5 2600 / 1030+ When on sale in the future?
A 1600+1030 wouldn't perform any better than an overclocked 2200G with good RAM. So no.
If you get a 2200G or 2400G to upgrade later, the idea is that you'd be getting a GPU that's at least as good as a 1050Ti or Vega24, and then later upgrade the CPU to like a 2600 or 3600.

Good question... Do you mean ones that have a slot for a dGPU or just for APU-only?
InWin and Silverstone make moderately priced, but not cheap ones.

Honestly, the Phanteks Evolv Shift is shift cheap for what you get, but not cheap-cheap. It's not that small, but I like the extra building space.

But as far as actually cheap ones, like $30.. idk. it's weird.
I've been wanting to get a few of Morex 557 or the Antec ISK110, but I can't justify spending over $30 for them. Especially when there's no fucking dust filters.
I wouldn't mind the $55-$65 cost if they had complete dust filters.

Fan tuning in bios.

My bios supports both DC 3-pin and PWM 4-pin tuning.

Hey Cred Forums currently looking for a build capable of 4k playback on movies and some vidya. Mostly just using it as a home entertainment system and will keep it in living room. My budget is only $800 tho. Is this possible with graphics card prices so high rn?

Raven Ridge supports 4k 60fps playback with VP9

liliputing.com/2018/02/leak-amd-v1000-great-horned-owl-bring-ryzen-embedded-systems.html

You can make such a system for under $400 if you just need 4GB of RAM.

>No IO Shield

>pulled the trigger 10 mins ago
how fucked am I?
btw already have ssd, hdd, monitors, etc.

Thank you. I hadn’t considered ‘slower’ ram - with prices as they are I thought it might be wiser to future proof ram as much as possible - eg future CPUs would benefit from as fast ram as possible?

I need to buy everything so I guess Ryzen 22G with separate cooler will cost nearly as much as 24G with cooler included then. If I had spare parts then 22G would seem a no brainer.

I’m in two minds about GPU. I’d love to get R5 1600 now + mid range GPU but I never have the time to game anymore so I’m thinking a nice little 24G is the way forward. And then hopefully a 3600 + future graphics card before AMD updates the socket. Would have loved a 26G!!!

I definitely want a dGPU in the build since I have all of these GPUs sitting around. I'm willing to check out the Shift again. My Plex server is in a Evolv ITX right now so I am liking their products.

I need to take a look at Inwin again, its been awhile

That case looks gay af. Everything else is fine.

is there any way to obtain a legit copy of LTSB as a private consumer or is there a particular version i should be torrenting?

OCD test

301 looks a nice compact case but seems to get really bad reviews for airflow?

wow, that's a bit homophobic, man.

An online friend of mine is upgrading from his 10 year old failing machine to a modern machine. He has a budget of ~2000 euros for, as far as I know, everything - all the PC hardware, case, monitor and other peripherals on top of that. The only thing is, he says he wants to buy a prebuilt because building one himself would be "too much work", even if I was around to guide him. He is somewhat confident with maintenance on his existing computer, although all I've seen him do is swap graphics cards after one died. How do I convince him to build it himself, without mentioning potential savings, unless that's the only way to do it?

>Inb4 shill
While I agree that g / free sync should be free / on all monitors and work with all cards... G-Sync is amazing, I love it to the point I would pay extra.

Any one with a 100R Silent case?

I looking for a silent budget case that won't fry my PC.

Why do you people get x1 slot wireless instead of a motherboard with wireless or a USB one?

Also you're not using dual channel memory wtf. Hope you find a matching stick later.
Doesn't actually look that bad at all, though, considering those two things.

All the current CPUs, not just APUs, benefit from fast RAM and dual rank.

I did not mean the inwin 301. That case is garbage. I meant like the BQS656 which is a non-dGPU case.
I don't think any of the desktop inwin cases are worth buying.

Good Freesync monitors are just as good as Gsync and cheaper.

Just a friendly reminder that getting a refurbished office PC with a 3rd or 4th gen i5(i7 if you get a lucky find) and 8-16gbs of ram is the absolute best deal poorfags can get right now.

All you gotta do is throw in a low profile 1050ti.

How do I know what speed to overclock my 3200MHz RAM to?

>usb wifi dongle
Have you ever used one? Last time I used one it tried to cook itself

Is it a good idea to buy one of these on eBay for $350?
Dell S2716DG 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync Monitor
amazon.com/dp/B0149QBOF0/?tag=pcpapi-20

Wanting to know regarding the monitor itself, and then buying a used monitor in general.

If you can get a warranty, sure. My first one was an open box from amazon and it had some weird blurring issue. I sent it back and bought a new one, was fine.

I didn't say a dongle one.

I'm talking about one with an extension cord that plugs into the USB and you can place distant from your computer for a better signal.

I get 110MBs through a few walls and 15 ping or so from USB wireless. It's about 98% the bandwidth and 85% the ping as wired to the modem.

Games
>DarkSouls
>SecondLife
>SkullGirls
Video
>SourceFilmMaker
>PremierePro
3D Modeling
>Blender
Photography
>Photoshop
Music
>Reaper

Intended Peripherals
>2 BenQ Zowie
>Huion GT-220 v2 (8192 pressure points)
>Focusrite Scarlett solo v2

Putting the finishing touches on my build. She is assembled. Boots properly to the bios then right into the screen that wants me to do an OS install I think. All lights are go, case fans, CPU cooler, and gpu all seem to be good. I'm creating the Windows installer on a USB stick right now. What do I do after installing windows? Do I need to use the disks that came with the mobo to update drivers? Do I just need mobo and gpu drivers?

Download drivers from the mobo manufacturers website (just google whatever brand and model name and you'll be linked to its product page). Then you will have all the latest driver versions.

Not all drivers are essential, you should only install core components to avoid bloating your system (ex if you don't use intel rapid storage, just dont install it).

I typically start out with fully updating windows first (just go through the settings menu and click update and it will do it for you). Then I go through the mobo drivers, first bios then chipset, then vga/audio/lan. After that I install gpu drivers. Some motherboards have extra drivers and utilities that needs to be installed for various reasons, but you'll notice if your have some extra stuff listed.

Build on the left is my current build that I made like 4 years ago. the one on the right is the one I'm looking to put together. I mainly play Minecraft and Cities Skylines. I have a 144hz and 60hz 1080p dual monitor setup one for gaymz and one for passively consuming video media. is this setup adequate for that, also going to install windows 7.

pcpartpicker.com/list/4KkV3b

What's the best way to delid an 8350K without any special tools? I'm not paying for a (((delid tool))).

Considering GPU prices its cheaper a lot of times to by prebuilt right now, just not as fun

> delid an 8350K

nigga what are you doing?

trying to get lower temps and max out the OC

How does this look? I'm going for a combination CAD/CAE/simulation/home entertainment system. Planning on running windows VMs for software compatibility if I need it. I'm not too concerned with graphics being the most amazing thing because I don't actually plan on playing many games on this, and there's the card shortage and all. I'll be keeping most of my files in a large external hard drive.

Is it still cheaper when you consider the markup across all components?

A 2200G is all you need for those games and applications, m8. The 1050Ti is overkill.

The PSU is also massive overkill. Just get a 400-550w. Can save some money there.
Use those savings to get a 500GB SSD.
You can get Crucial Ballistix Sport for $170 and overclock it, too.

Invest the savings in a nice second monitor if you still want to spend $900 total.

>trying to cool a 8700k with a low profile heatsink and 92mm fan
???

Why the shitty 120mm AIO? I'd get 140mm and the best fan for it I can find as a minimum.
Why a 1000W PSU when that system won't go over 350w even if you overclock the shit out of the CPU?
Why such a tiny ass SSD?

>I'm not paying for a (((delid tool))).
Just use a boxcutter and a hammer
delid tools are a scam

2200G won't cut it for dark souls 3 if they play that though. My 260X, which is about 40% stronger than the 2200G, only manages 60fps on low settings at 1600*900 in DS3.

Should I get 2200G or just stick with 1300X?
I already have a somewhat decent GPU (R7 360) and I'm more focused on emulation, which consumes mainly CPU.
Been looking around and the biggest reason people suggest 2200G is due to crypto market making cards expensive.

Well I had a brain fart and posted this question in /sqt/ but well.

I just got a bundle offered to me
The bundle is
Asus x99-deluxe without box and antenna (but IO plate included)
E5-2609 V3 ES QEYV 6core 2.0GHz
G.SKILL 8GB Ripjaws DDR4 2800MHz
And what looks like a chink cooler (looks like a scythe knockoff with to gayman fans)

He's asking $250 for it all and I feel that is a fine deal because I have the case, GPU and PSU already.

What are your thoughts on this? Also yes I know the board don't support ECC ram but 8GB is a okay to start with and that the cpu don't have HT.

Tell him that prebuilts use refurbished and used parts and they're all shady as fuck.

I'm
Because I've never built a pc before.

The case doesn't have any 140mm fan spots and I'm not sure if there are any other htpc cases that support EATX, and I wanted this case so it would look nice sitting under the tv/monitor in the same cabinet amongst the stereo equipment, but I'm not totally opposed to a different case as long as it's not all black.

The small drive is because I want to use the 30tb external hard drive I have for most of my storage and I don't want to pay for stuff I don't think I need.

The psu is because I figured the wattage estimates (440W) were minimums the components would be using and it could easily go higher if I was doing simulations in a virtual machine.

Thank you for the feedback!
Any other suggestion?

Also it's going to be used as a all round pc (gaming, 3d rendering and so on)
I'm just looking at a upgrade to a new gen and to replace my P8H67-M motherboard with a i5-3470 with 8GB DDR3-1333MHz.

The price he's asking seams fine when looking at the prices here in Denmark.

I'm just asking if the bundle is litterly shit or its something to work with

People on Craigslist sell their systems for crazy amounts of money when their hardware is either really old or they don't understand that you could buy it new for the same price.

pcpartpicker.com/list/BG6kcY

About to pull the trigger for a streaming build to tide me over until the 1170 comes out. Any comments?

Unless you are unusually dextrous that's probably resulting in a ruined CPU.

>600-800 burgerbux
>playing mostly older games but some newer stuff like Rust and pc exclusives, shitposting and ps
Already have a 1920x1080 60hz monitor

why would you get the R3 1200 and an overpriced 1050 and not the 2200 G?

if you are streaming why not go for the 1700?

1700 is much more capable for streaming.
As a Taichi owner, it is extremely overkill for a 6-core and still much more capable than the power draw of any 8-core.
Cheaper memory (same speed):
pcpartpicker.com/product/3CdFf7/gskill-ripjaws-v-series-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f4-3000c15d-16gvkb
Faster memory (also cheaper):
pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvkb
Get one of these PSUs:
pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#p=1&e=4&W=650,750&m=11,14,71&sort=price&page=1

B350 Tomahwk+Wifi Adapter came out to more expensive than a Taichi.

Thanks user.

How's this revised build look?

pcpartpicker.com/list/C77mP3

find me a 2200g ready motherboard, dude.
yeah it's overpriced as fuck, but what else can I do? 2200g is fine af yet still, the onboard graphics is on the same bar with 1030 if not lower.

That looks great. When you buy an 1170 also consider getting a more capable cooler so you can get a better overclock.

nothing is consistently available with the 2xxx compatible bios pre-loaded.

Either wait for X470 or find a board that can update bios without a CPU.

Have AMD ship you a dual core or RMA until you luck out
Post an ad on craigslist for somebody to come and flash it

Is it ok for the CPU braided power cable to slightly rest on the top of my DH15? The cable isnt long enough to do anything but rest here

>2 months of saving
>only have enough to buy a CPU so far

I'm at college and working part-time, so I have to pay for school and you know, food & stuff. And yeah, I picked the least desirable time to build my first PC, but I really need it, not just for gaming. Is there any legitimate way of earning money online that pays through PayPal? Like those survey stuff, are those any good at all? I could really use the extra income, anons. Really appreciate it if you could recommend some.

If ever, once I save up enough, I would go with a Ryzen 3 2200g, GPU-less build. Pre-built PC's here aren't any good. They are either overpriced, or way too outdated (shit like Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 RAM)

does anyone know how the ryzen 5 1600 compares in performance to the 2200g overclocked?

agree, but I'm just tired of waiting. The overpricing in graphics card market is no end to see it back to normal, at least for months, and same with ram price. yeah it could work with flash with someone else's ryzen and even >wait for AMD to send me a boot kit. To think of it, I go pass AMD's HQ every damn day on my way to work. But, yeah I'm tired of waiting. Let's think of this way, those prices are fucked, but you paid to enjoy the them, so no matter how much you overpaid, you've used them till their price actually go back to norm, by God knows when.

So I’m buying this whole setup for $450 and a Xbox one I’m getting the tower, lg monitor, keyboard and mouse. Those are the parts in the pic. Is this a good deal?! This will be my first pc

The worst you'll have to deal with is a slight amount of vibration when your fans are running fast. Try being inventive with zip-ties.
The only good things online are probably streaming and video making with some sort of donation system. Craigslist and fiverr might also work but those can require more effort.

Best 2x4gb ram for ryzen 2200g/asus mobo?

You're getting scammed.

The problem is the cord is too short. If it was longer I could rest it along the top of the mobo and run it out the back. Does a PSU come with a connector that acts as a longer cord?

Will second this The AM3+ socket is getting old so even if this was a good deal it would be more of a stopgap then a start.

Every board if you're willing to wait ~5 business day.
AMD are shipping out free Bristol Ridge APUs to Raven Ridge buyers who need them to do BIOS updates.

maybe get this?
ebay.com/itm/ATX-24-Pin-Male-to-Female-ATX-Power-Supply-PSU-Extension-Cable-Extender-30cm/152632264110?epid=12005836046&hash=item23899785ae:g:ZzMAAOSwg55ZccDO

Even for $450 that's a bad deal.

The 2200G is a 1200 with worse thermals on the CPU side
The 1600 has 2 more cores and SMT so it will have probably twice as good multicore performance and equal or better thermals.
That PC is trash, only worth it for the Xbone
The cheapest unless you can get higher speed for a bit more. 1x8 is cheaper though so this:
pcpartpicker.com/product/XJYWGX/gskill-aegis-8gb-1-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f4-3000c16s-8gisb
Or this if for some reason you really want 2x4:
pcpartpicker.com/product/wQmxFT/team-vulcan-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tlgd48g3000hc16cdc01
No, but you can buy those.

>just wait
It might be quicker if I just go straight and talk to Ms. Su.

Wait, are you giving the Xbone to him? That's a godawful deal. You're buying hardware of ages past for basically what they were when they were new.

Do you even have the motherboard yet?

Wait, $450 AND an Xbone?
That's actually being completely ripped off user.

$450 alone for those parts isn't worth it, let alone $450+Xbone.

Honestly the Xbone is worth more than that shitbox

I'm starting to think that it is pasta at this point.

Feels like there is always one guy per thread who posts an ad for an old system that is obviously a scam.

The post recipee typically goes "I bought this / Im buying this" followed by quick sentences of random, lacking details concerning his /bst/ setup. Typically also baiting in replies by declaring himself a noob and doing noob mistakes which urges other anons to reply fast to maybe stop a bad deal in time.

yeah just ordered, but not with 2200g.

Cancel the order then you dimwit

make me

Keep the Xbone to play old 360 games.
Buy the following, it's literally more than 2x faster on the CPU and effectively equivalent on the GPU.
Get a better GPU later when( prices come down upon Ampere release.

youtube.com/watch?v=UuvLu0uAfTU

then choose i5 8400

Could someone tell Falcon-sama that his monitors page has a problem? The Asus VS248H-P is not IPS but is listed as such.

1200 and 1300X only have better thermals
That and its boards are twice the price

sure, but emulation favors Intel. wait for cheap motherboards.

No fucking duh if you pay more you can get more. The 1200/1300X/2200G overclocked can get almost the same single threaded performance and they don't cost nearly as much
You may as well recommend an 8350K because at least that poses a benefit.

Is the Pro4 still the best mATX B350 board?

It's a good value, but with B350 spending more almost always gets you more.

Are there any cons to using an active VGA adapter for modern gfx cards?

Should I go for DPI to VGA or HDMI to VGA?

Yeah, VGA sucks. Also slightly more input lag.
Get whichever adapter is cheaper.

Hey guys I'm looking to build a relatively modest pc at the cheapest price
It will be a glorified mount and blade bannelord machine (they recommend AMD FX-8120, Radeon HD 7850 and 8gb ram) but I have two problems , I dont know where to buy parts for the best price in Europe (france) and all my PC building experience is upgrading ram and video cards, not sure which motherboards are good and shit
Halp

AAASJKAJSJAKJSJAJJSJAJJZJJ

What is the maximum amount of money you can spend on this (if it's too low you may as well buy used)? You're looking at probably a 1200 and gtx 1050, or a 2400G if you can scrape by on Vega 11.
PCPartPicker gives prices for many different countries so switch the pricing and substitute comparable parts
Which countries are you willing to buy from?

What's a good full ATX tower these days? Looking primarily for airflow and not being a complete cunt to build in.

F O U R
T I M E S

What's your budget?

France,Germany,Belgium and Luxemburg
Errr I'm trying for the cheapest without used, I don't want to overspend just to buy a single fucking game that's not incredibly demanding

TE FUISTE A EUROPA PARA SEGUIR SIENDO POBRE AKSJJAJSJJASAJJSJAJJS

Anybody else from Cred Forums here?

Don't really care, but don't want to go over $300 US or so? Just want something that has decent airflow and doesn't light up like a Christmas tree.

KJAJKAJKSJKSJKASJKASJKASJKASJKASJKASJKASJKJKASJKASJKASJKASJKASJKAJKASJKASJKASKJJKAS

Doing a fresh windows install on my brand new build. It wants me to select an OS to install out of a bunch of different Win10 options. I thought it was supposed to ask me for full or custom install?

>beaner laughter
die

t. el creatura

I need a cooler for a xeon e3 1230. It'll be idle most of the time, when under load it'll be transcoding movies for streaking with plex or similar. I'd like the cooler to be as quiet as possible but I don't really want to spend a premium for that. Would something like a h7 be fine? Or should I go with something a little better? Are there any low profile options that could work?

el luz extinguido............

Intel stock cooler off ebay.

(in reference to the 2200g comment)

ok but what do those comparisons mean?

t. il balrog d'ella walmart....

le chupa-chupacabras

a stock 8400 can beat 4.8Ghz 8350k desu senpai baka

>128gb SSD
why? When for less than 3x the cost you can get over 4x the storage?

idk what retailers you use there, either.

Because it's a budget build.
Why not replace the 2400G with a 1700?
Why not replace the B350 board with an X370?
Why not use B-die ram?
Why not have a gold plated case?

Is the stock cooler gonna be enough for that?

Shit analogies.

Why have an SSD at all if you can only fit Windows plus a game or two on it?
You can drop the HDD and just use a larger SSD. Having an SSD just for Windows is retarded.

You could also use the 2200G instead of 2400G and overclock it.

>Why have an SSD at all if you can only fit Windows plus a game or two on it?
To speed up everything on the system that isn't a videogame.

Yes, Intel didn't ship stock coolers for shit and giggles.

Unless you are very sure you won't need to move the PC full towers are a bad idea.

Can some help user recommend me a 1440p monitor for my gtx 1070 ti. Mostly for gaming and editing. Or what is it that I should look for in a monitor with this card?

I just finished flashing my BIOS. Theres a bunch of drivers for my motherboard like an Intel Chipset Driver, audio drivers and whatnot. Should I just install all of them?

>having an SSD just for windows is retarded
Sure user, I bet you enjoy that long, winding road of a start up compared to a literal 5 second boot on an SSD. Not like the entire OS runs like a fucking dream on an SSD

>Full
Actually mines a mid, I'm retarded

Apparently people are having freezing issues in the new batches of them, sometimes.
Not sure if it's manufacturing defects or the newer BIOS. I have a pro4 myself and it's good, but I haven't updated the BIOS in like 8 months.

Not even just boot.
Try using your computer while Windows decides to do an update in the background, or prefetch something or any disk I/O really.

I'd install the chipset driver off the website, but Wangblows will handle audio with a smaller generic driver. Everything else is utility bloat without much utility.

Is there a list of decent b350 mobos? I've already given up on trying to color coordinate a build and just want a decent one

That PSU is goig to die so bad and fast.

nah, it's a Delta made unit, almost guaranteed it does 700w continuous without shitting the bed or shutting off.

>Mostly superseded by the 2200G and upcoming Athlons.
Which Athlons?

While being used to help to cool the passive HSF.

The harvested raven ridge dies with faulty GPUs.

I need good mini ITX case recommendations.

Thinking about going with an NCASE M1 cause it seems like the overall best in terms of hardware compatibility and performance.

Cousin, would you like to go bowling?

CPU-Z shows my frequency at 1067 for DDR4-3200, it should be running at 1600 or like 1533 or something right?

keep the case and the psu and then get an aio to cool that 8700k with what you save. If you really want that case, which I have worked with, and it's a pain in the ass to work with, then you could still get a decent AIO with the saving from the PSU.

Should I buy the Inspiron 7567 or 7577 or wait for a new model?

Installed new RAM? You need to set the clock speed in BIOS. Boot into your BIOS and enable XMP, if your mobo doesnt automatically set the clock speed correctly, just manually set it to 3200. CPU-Z will read DRAM at 1600 (which means DDR 3200 since DDR = double)

is a palit 1050ti around $180 overpriced?

Turn XMP on.

2133 is the default frequency because basically every kit can POST with it. You need to change the frequency by enabling XMP 2.0 and possibly selecting 3200MHz.
$180 isn't awful but it is still overpriced. You may have to bite the bullet here.

Yes.

So I got this computer from a family member who didn't need it any more. Wondering if I can jam some cheap parts in there to fix it up.

>Omar intensifies
Also that's Brazilian.

Reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate on it.
Put a GTX 1050 on it(Or TI if you can afford it).
I5-3470 for $25-50 from ebay.
SSD?

In that order.
What is the case like?

MSRP for 1050Ti is $140 and a year ago they were selling for around $110 or less with rebates.

$180 is the MSRP of the RX570 which is much faster.
Might still be your best option, though, since everything else is expensive.

Case is some slim nonsense and it's got a prebuilt PSU so it can't handle all that much in terms of the graphics card. It's got just enough space that it could maybe handle something small.

The GTX 1050 and 1050Ti work at 75W or less, meaning that you can use it on most PSUs, they are powered from the PCIe slot alone.
You might need a low profile version though.

Also some canned air and repaste it, looks dirty.

what is the best i can build for gaming with 430 usd?

That's a sweet ass layout.

Just yeah get a low profile 1050, and also get a front fan while you're at it.

And I'd say get a 3770 instead. Not sure why the other person said 3470. I guess 3700 might be too expensive.
Also holy fuck single channel RAM. Get another stick of 1333 CL9.

At this point though, I'd be worried that PSU is going to explode and take more components out with it any moment. Looks like an SFX PSU might fit there?

2200G. Could possibly fit in a 500GB SSD at that budget if you look for sales.

3770 goes for $70-120.
3470 goes for $25-50.
I doubt he is going to need an i7, both are better than the G2020 anyway.

You have to give us a budget. Cool ITX cases are not cheap.

Just ordered one of these for my incoming 2400G. Haven't built one this small before, so not sure if it's gonna work well.

With gpu prices fucky as all hell, I was looking at used. Found a Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC for $85. I'm on an r7 265, so it's a good portion better, so would it be worth it?

Not really.
Is it better? Yes.
Is it a good idea? Not so much.

Not even considering the shit prices? I've got about $100 for a video card with no other means of saving, and am getting unlucky with eBay bids on better.

Got my eyes on these two, leaning more on the EVGA, thoughts?

Flip a coin. EVGA is on my shit list due to their housefire memory solution though.

> cubic foot of metal over the processor

Who thinks this looks good? Just use an AIO for God's sake.

Alright faggots, I have a challenge for you. Build the best "standard" rig money can buy. There's no budget, but it must all be stuff that makes sense for a consumer, i.e, WD blacks for mass storage, not gold. Titan V is a highly questionable choice as well. Custom water is not allowed. Aftermarket gpu coolers and AIO brackets however, are. Case choice, motherboard GPU model, form factor, aesthetic, features all get points. I want to see what you come up with.

That much of an upgrade is not worth $85, dude.
The 265 is good enough.

The Gigabyte is super fucking garbage. I wouldn't even get one if they were $300 except to mine with.
The EVGA is nice if it's the SC2 or something, not the SC.

no

what is the safe clock ratio when overclocking ryzen 3 1200? also the voltage.

mine is:

clock ratio: 37000
clock voltage: 13000

The absolute max recommended by AMD is 1.45V, I believe.
The limit for overclocking is defined by voltage and thermals. The R3 1200 is a 4-core CPU, so you might hit the "voltage wall" before the "heat wall". Either way, make sure to test your system's stability. If it's not stable, increase the voltage OR decrease the clock speed.

>muh looks
found a brainlet

I'm gonna slap a HR02-Macho Rev B on a i5 8600k. Should i use the lga1151 spacer or not?

it's performing bretty nice now but i'm too scared to higher the clocl ratio mor i just couldn't get the best performance for my pc but hey i can play high settings even ultra on triple a games with this. Gtx 1060 3gb plus ryzen 3 1200 OC 3.7ghz 16GB ram. Thank you though, user-kun.

>i'm too scared to higher the clocl ratio mor
don't be scared to OC. if it's too high it's just going to unstable and bluescreen.

>decent b350 mobos
from my research all of them have some sort of problems. honestly i'd wait for b450 at this point.

is 360 dollars good enough to build something that can run tekken 7?

just buy a console lmao

What is the most shilled budget (b350) Ryzen board?

is dual rank memory the new hotness?

what's that app called to check all the components on the computer? fucking shit I can't remember

cooler for this?
don't think it's worth upgrading anything since I only fucking play League of Legends

if i had to choose it would be between asrock pro4 and msi tomahawk.

speccy?

FSP Windale 4

thanks.
what about watercooling? and the less noise the better

Does anyone have this monitor? I can't seem to find any reviews for this thing.

samsung.com/ph/monitors/led-sf350/LS22F350FHEXXP/

watercooling is a meme and a waste of money. the cooler i picked has the best performance per dollar techpowerup.com/reviews/FSP/Windale_4/8.html
>the less noise the better
aio coolers aren't necessarily quieter. a good air cooler with setted up fan curve will make less noise while costing 30% less.

144 hz 1080p or 2k gayman
or just wait until 144 hz 2k is more economic

I'm thinking about ordering a reference card on the next launch directly from nvidia. How long will I be on the waiting list?

2933 master race

1080p 144hz all the way. 1440p is a meme.
btw 2k is not 1440p.

i don't think it will be possible to get one unless you pre-order it.

ditto on the meme. I'm using a 212 evo on a 8700k right now here: bios shows at 29 Celsius when i booted into it yesterday.

and kek why is my 2tb showing up as the 500GB WD, it didn't do that on my 6700 and vice versa for the WD 2tb. I was reinstalling Windows 10 in a few anyway just to start with fresh drivers.

Yo Cred Forums, what is smarter to do? (nevermind that GPUs are severely overpriced atm, looking at it from a general point of view)
I currently have an i5-4690k with 8GB of RAM and a GTX 960 (2GB variant)
Which would be smarter to do with the understanding that I do stream sometimes:
>Swap to a R7 1700 (or an R5 1600 optionally)
>upgrade memory to 16 GB
>keep GTX 960
or
>Upgrade to GTX 1060 3GB
>upgrade memory to 16GB
>keep i5-4690k
a new mouse and an HDD will also be added to either option, and let's just say I have a budget of $600
Which is the smarter thing to do?

What's wrong with the i5?

Nothing honestly, just considered the R7 for a better gaming/streaming experience over what the i5 can provide.

Ask yourself if you actually going to stream, or just considering it as a side benefit of ryzen. If latter, don't upgrade.

212 evo is a meme air cooler.

>Which is the smarter thing to do?
wait for new ryzen cpus and nvidia gpus

It still keeps it cool enough for me.

there are better coolers for the same price. people keep buying 212 evo because it's popular, not because it's good.

anything can keep a cpu cool in the bios. Run intel burn test.

I needed something to use for the meantime, I will be getting a better cooler. But for now it works I wanted to make sure the system booted and luckily the mobo and CPU and RAM are all good.

What do these mean?

What the fuck is all this shit

I did very high an hitting 72 Celsius

Here is what i have running.

what are the temperatures?

Hit a high of 72 on speccy, but I heard it's not reliable..

use hwinfo

Let me wait for bitlocker decryption to finish and I'll close everything else.

>he fell for the wincuck meme

I just fried a fucking egg on this piece of shit. What cooler do I need?

So I,git a r9 390 and its a space heater on some games,do the new gtx 1060 or rx 580 cut the case temps with less power used?

Can someone please help me make a pc like send me parts

gtx 1060 does yeah, but it's hardly an upgrade (r9 390 = gtx 970 and gtx 1060 = gtx 980)

I can send you a z270k board for free if you smack your face in a video and call yourself the cornholio. Promise.

Gimme your snapchat

are you overlocked? Don't think an 8700k should be running at 4.7ghz on all cores stock.

Did you use the "sync all cores" feature or whatever it's called in the UEFI? It's garbage and you should do it manually if you want normal temps.

Quick, is this enough?

No I haven't done anything other than enable XMP in BIOS. I haven't been home for 2 days since I got it running.

Wanted to make sure it booted with the new mobo.

Has a 6700 installed before this new mobo and cpu - it booted and I installed new drivers for the mobo and it worked fine. Will see what a new win 10 install brings.

sure

See if Multi-Core Enhancement is enabled in BIOS. It puts a retarded amount of voltage on the CPU.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/DGrTw6
Building a system for my dad, he mainly does web-based stuff for his job. Budget is around 2k AUD but less is better obviously. He wants two monitors and for it to be snappy and last a while, hence the 1030 for outputs, and large SSD (and he'll probably be confused by two drives desu -- I have a spare HDD if he really needs it). Webcam and ODD are needed.
I was thinking to build an ITX system that he can just put on his desk, and the only fucking ITX AM4 motherboards that exist are gaming ones, though it's so far under budget it shouldn't really matter.
Recommendations? R5 for longer life, or more RAM (is chrome even that RAM hungry)?

Just installing windows 10 things and drivers - updated bios already

I forgot what do I have to do on a fresh formatted SSD install? Disable uefi?

I'm planning on getting i7 8700k soon but im not sure which mobo i should get, any recs? also having a dvi-d is a must for my second monitor
a cooler recommendation would be appreciated too, for "casual" overclocking

I got a z270e for WiFi

Z370 sorry

I booted into flash drive to install windows 10, i formatted the SSD, installed windows 10. When trying to install VGA drivers it gives me “this installation package is not supported by this processor type”. I installed the LAN driver and the cpu package. What gives ? I had it running off the SSD earlier on an install I did the 6700 on.

- no need for a second gpu if you're using an apu. even for 2 monitors
- switch ram to 2x4gb 3000mhz
you don't need more for an office pc. maybe get 2400g instead if you want to use more of your budget.

there's this VRM chart just pick something from midrange

The pc is running off the SSD not the flash drive right now. Trying to install windows updates.

Solid options are either Fractal R6 or Phanteks Pro-M. Corsair have a lot of good options in the Carbide and Obsidian range, with the Carbide Air 540 if you don't mind a cube.
If you want to spend closer to $300us you could start looking at premium options like Coolermaster Cosmos, BeQuiet Dark Base range or InWin's 909. Although I've had a Cosmos2, and while it's a stunning case of impeccable build quality, it's a large, heavy cunt of a thing.

I think I need all new win 10 updates to have it recognize coffee lake just installed them and restarting

My LGUltrawide got busted and I'm upset about it but don't want to drop too much money on another monitor for the time being. I've got a 970, any recommendations on what a nice looking 25ish inch monitor would be for gayman? I'd really prefer not to spend over $200 if it isn't necessary, I was planning on getting a very nice monitor in the next year or two when I upgrade my GPU, so just looking for something that would be crispy looking in the meantime. LI seems to suggest nothing but TN at anything below $350+.

cheers. I had also thought the board only came with 1 video output, am dumb

$30 overbudget but here you go, you'll need to update the BIOS. You could get the motherboard at a PC shop and ask them to update it or a Microcenter (heard they charge $15). If possible drop the WD Blue and go for a MX500 500GB
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rq46MZ
youtube.com/watch?v=OADhRSJj-VY

Or have AMD send you a CPU to update it yourself
support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

>Buy a used gpu instead and wait for the next round of amd cards instead, or maybe wait for the 2000 series nvidia cards to release and watch the market burn while all the rich fags struggle to sell their 1080/1080ti at the same time.
Infact I'm going to buy a 980 for 250€ so I can wait for a better GPU to be released in the next 6/7 months. Also that means more money to put into a good monitor.
Does this sound like a good plan?

Hello my friends. I have built a computer, however I have a question about the fan controller that I put in it. It is a lamptron fc-2. It is powering six fans, but it looks as though they are not spinning at full power even when i crank that bitch up all the way. The fan controller has three molex connectors, I'm only using one. Would plugging in more make the fans spin at full force? If so, should I use one PSU port for each cable or would a triple molex power splitter work just as well?
Thank you for reading.

Second MSI b350 pc mate I receive is faulty and one channel is not working on onboard audio, is this even possible?

Always avoid MSI and AssCoch when it comes to motherboard unless board has much better review than average.

They're not known for their quality control, when it works it's decent and cheap. Get a B350 Gaming 3 or a B350-F Rog Strix if you can afford it

Asrock is top tier mobo manufacturer. Deal with it.

Ey yo whaddup bois. never built a pc before and really need an upgrade from my 5 year old prebuilt from ebay. so i came up with this bad boy list: uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zQ6Tw6
tell me what y'all think. i tried to go for parts that i think i will get the most performance out of with the lowest amount needed to spend. any improvements i could make going along with that theme?

My drawing program stopped working because DirectX 10 something, I wanted to fix it cheap so a friend told me to order this graphics card
>MSI nVidia Geforce 450 GTS
I don't really play many games but what kind of games will I be able to play now? I used to play League and The Sims

Colors infuriate me.

u could probs play minesweeper at 8k

>Top tier
>unusable due to freezing
amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B06X9LN3QK/ref=mw_dp_cr

anyone using a segotep halo 6 pc case here?

Needs more LEDs

Right click on them and remove.

Are there still people out there who buy motherboard that isnt Asus?

Trying to figure out an idea for static pressure fans combined with high volume fans.

I'm planning on doing a push/pull config on a 240mm radiator, with static fans for intake and high volume fans for exhaust. Probably overkill, but does anyone have experience with doing this, and if so, how'd it go?

ASUS doesn't make high-end boards.

>this link again
why is it only mentioned on amazon reviews and in the matx version? ab350 pro4 (the atx version.) has 5/5 stars with 684 reviews on newegg.
asrock taichi mobos are truly top tier though.

>Always avoid MSI and AssCoch
might as well add Anus and Gigashit to this list too.

>asus shills again

i'll add 2 more on top after buying a new hdd and ram. Any recommendation for a good ddr4 2400 mhz memory?

any monitor recommendations? looking for something like:1080p 60hz/144hz ips displays with/without freesync.
dunno anything about monitor technology since like 2010 onwards, hard for me to find a good one.

>good ddr4 2400 mhz memory
you can get 3000mhz for the same price though? assuming you're in the us
G.Skill NT Series DDR4-2400 $88.99
Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 $92.99

I practically have everything but an SSD and a power supply. Should I get 850W for $151 or 750W for $109 (on Amazon)?

pcpartpicker.com/user/Algodeen/saved/KcYhqs

Wow. Thanks for replying I guess...

wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/16325-best-reviewed-flicker-free-144-240hz-monitors-version-2-0-a.html
pcmonitors.info/recommendations/

tftcentral.co.uk/ (tftcentral.co.uk/selector.htm)
pcmonitors.info/

engoy

That card is really bad, should have bought a GT 1030, even a 710 is better.

ur welcome bro, nice art, any lewds?

>Should I get 850W for $151 or 750W for $109
both are an overkill but yeah just get 750W

if this is a gayming pc then spending more on gpu would have been a much better idea. you could fit gtx 1070 in there no problem

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-GTS-450-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-11-Ryzen-iGPU/m7762vsm401440

Literally worse than an integrated graphics chip.

>Literally worse than an integrated graphics chip.
wow no no shit. office gpu from 2010 is worse than newest iGPU from 2018? huh

get at least gt 1030.

I'm chastising him for buying absolute garbage because he's tech illiterate.

But these cost like 4x more... Oh well, as long as programs work it's fine thanks!

yo why no niggas be replying to my post ;_;

>High-end
>Green pcb

oh look. A weeb thinking his opinion matters.

I AM NOT BUYING A 2 YEAR OLD GFX CARD FOR MORE THAN MSRP, REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bearings of my 2nd GPU fan (GTX 770) are busted. Really hope it'll last for whenever the fuck Nvidia/AMD (lol) decide to release a new generation.

I'd go with this user
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WJg8TB
I think the Versa H15 will have more airflow, if you were to spend more I'd go with a Define Mini C TG and one of these
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/rrvZxr/crucial-mx300-275gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct275mx300ssd1

I think I dun goofed. I bought corsair 3000mhz CL16, should I return for Cl15 or get 3200mhz?

if he's getting it at reasonable price then there's nothing wrong with that.
replacing the whole platform just because his gpu is broken is retarded.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RC46MZ
- hitachi hdds are a meme. the one you linked is either used or from old stock.
- changed cpu to newer raven ridge with higher clock, good igpu and better memory support
- ryzen benefits a lot from faster ram
- cheaping out on a psu is the worst fucking idea ever
if you have more money i'd suggest getting an ssd (single best upgrade to a pc) or switching cpu to ryzen 5 1600 (more future proof, pretty much the go-to cpu for 1080p gayming and productivity)

>really hope it'll last for whenever the fuck Nvidia/AMD (lol) decide to release a new generation.
you're delusional if you think new nvidia gpus will change anything. they're still going to be overpriced as fuck.

>I bought corsair 3000mhz CL16, should I return for Cl15 or get 3200mhz?
not really worth the effort IMO. the performance gains past ~3000mhz are negligible anyway. try overclocking your memory past 3000mhz, maybe you'll get lucky and be able to hit 3200mhz without having to change timings.

>This too. I'd go for this one at least
this is exactly the psu i put in the build.

Hi, I'm looking for a monitor. 30+ inches. Haven't really bought any in the past 10 years since I was playing on lapptops mostly. Price isn't an issue (well, reasonably I'm ready to spend 1-2k usd on it), I just want the best most advanced one there is. Could anybody recommend me something, please? Rig is powerful enough to handle anything really.

All I did was enable XMP. But the z370e on asus site says it downgrades my ram to 2933, so I'm beat or should I just stick with it?

appreciate it my dudes

you want the last intel processor on the list to vanish ?

just stick with it. again the difference in CL16 vs 15 or 3200mhz vs 3000mhz is negligible, especially with intel cpus.
if you're really bothered by it you can try overclocking (just google 'overclocking ddr4').

Okay thanks I guess not worth the hassle.

They will in March-May.
Still, only the high end ones.

Overpriced but recent.

Redpill me on 280mm vs 360mm radiators.

unless you're poor you should also spend more so you can more cooling capacity

what if a cute grill comes by and you need to show her how much heat it can handle?

what atx motherboard do i get for overclocking i7 8700k

but i'm a cute grill

Spyware. I think it's called Windows 10 or something.

then can it handle the heat?

thanks, ill check these out. what monitors do you guys have?

Asus MX239H and MX259H

Unironically rate. Is it overpowered for VR and 100 fps 1440p gaymen?

Skylake-X is bad buy. It loses to 8700k in gaming, and to threadripper in workstation workloads.

Any z board

Did I fuck up buying my 8700k?

Compared to what? Many would argue ryzen 1800x is marginally better

I wanted Intel though.

really? any?

so whats the difference between le 800$ z board and 150$ z board?

I wanted to upgrade my 6700 non k have it last at least a year

8700K or poozen 1800x?

I don't know shit about building a rig but; I have 1000 USD and need something for photoediting and gaming, thanks in advance ya'll

I can't be the one that get triggered by Noctua fans' colors

>tfw mining card prices have been ruined by gamers

depends on what you want and what you're doing.

1440p 100+ fps gaymen.
Will be ran with a 1080ti 11gb gpu and 24 gigs of 3200 memory.

gonna need to wait for graphics card prices to come down to get anything better than this.
pcpartpicker.com/list/pNFcCb

honestly at this point, you should be looking between an 8700k or an R5 1600.

I need help deciding between those 2. Usage is sql server, visual studio and gaymen (fallout series). I have U2417H display, so FHD.

For the same money where I live I can have:

Dell Inspiron 7577, i5-8300, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 MQ, 256 SSD, Win 10 Pro

or

i3-8100, asus z370-i, 16GB Ram (Goodram 2x8 2400MHz), 512GB Plextor m.2 SSD, Strix 1050TI, Seasonic 550W Focus Gold Plus, Fractal Nano S

I kinda like the mobility and stronger GPU on the laptop (I travel every 2 weeks for 2-4 days and I take my current laptop with me), but pc seems better.

Thank you user

>You don't derive value from the usage of your own computer?
You don't think I intend to use the one I bought?

>hurr durr teh bus
I got at least $800...probably more like $900...worth of equipment for $500 and didn't have to waste my time assembling it or getting macOS to run. I'm going to sell his gpu (I already had a Vega to drop in whatever I built or bought) to recover $150.

It's a steal, but it's not the only one. I saw a number of good builds for less than the cost of the parts.

>People on Craigslist sell their systems for crazy amounts of money when their hardware is either really old or they don't understand that you could buy it new for the same price.

Some people do. Ignore them and look for the deals.

shut up fucking beaner

You could have got a 1050 ti for like $50 more, and probably not even that if you shop around

What the fuck

>$473 for 16GB DDR4

for what purpose?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but is it ok for a UPS to be upside down? I just can't manage any other position for it.