/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Mobile World Congress 2018 starts February 26th

Recent News:
>Essential made an Amazon-exclusive version with Amazon botnet Preinstalled
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/2/16/17020750/essential-amazon-exclusive-phone-alexa
>New renders reveal the upcoming Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 1
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/2/15/17015610/nokia-7-nokia-1-leak-evan-blass-mwc
>Huawei P20 Plus to come with 4,000mAh battery, always on display
gsmarena.com/huawei_p20_plus_to_come_with_4000mah_battery_always_on_display-news-29669.php
>Google can't get their shit together with Pixel 2 reporting device heating and battery life issues
gsmarena.com/pixel_2_users_reporting_device_heating_and_battery_life_issues_after_february_update-news-29666.php
>Athena, Luna and Uni Are Codenames For Upcoming BlackBerry Smartphones
gizchina.com/2018/02/17/athena-luna-and-uni-are-codenames-for-upcoming-blackberry-smartphones/
>Blackberry patents new Camera design
gizchina.com/2018/02/17/blackberry-patents-new-camera-design/
>Sony Xperia XZ2’s Design Change May Refer to Antenna Design
gizchina.com/2018/02/17/sony-xperia-xz2s-design-change-may-refer-antenna-design/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhzPLQhWa0
youtube.com/watch?v=dUMH6DVYskc
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4
bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/
thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/
mybroadband.co.za/news/software/234274-put-123-in-your-iphone-calculator-and-get-the-wrong-answer.html
news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-8-plus-battery-bursts-while-charging-destroys-case-and-screen-517860.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-bug-letter-i-apple-keyboard-ios-update-software-people-unable-write-type-text-a8039706.html
youtu.be/VYQgn8J6zbU
cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/applesuit.pdf
youtu.be/sI1YELmjh9g
bytewolfgaming2.github.io/fun
cultofmac.com/255618/how-apples-blacklist-manipulates-the-press/
youtube.com/watch?v=GdzjyMV5fTw
youtu.be/IyMTYXUXYvs
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrlo3Dbr7YI
metropcs.com/shop/phones/details/LG-Stylo-3-PLUS/610214652485
bestbuy.com/site/orbic-wonder-4g-lte-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6070202.p?skuId=6070202
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=galaxy s5&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xgalaxy s7 refurbished.TRS0&_nkw=galaxy s7 refurbished&_sacat=0
youtu.be/ezVib_giTFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't be like this guy

Yo I just bought a near mint S7 for $200 is it still good for 2018? I'm waiting the S8 to drop in price but I got this as I need it for work.

It depends on what you do with your phone and your preferences.
And the Pixel 2 is breaking with its new updates

>trusting egay
>"purchased directly from google" sells it cheaper than google
>nothing sketchy about this

I used to be a power user about two years ago but now I just text and browse Cred Forums with some light web browsing. The most I use it for is Spotify and taking pictures. I'm mainly worried about the battery life.

>guy spends $900 on a Pixel 2XL new
>I spend $250 for a like-new LG G6, same company that makes the Pixel 2 XL

Damn I'm smart lol

i want to FUG kirino

This is why I'm going back to Apple. Android is just to fragmented. To many hands in the pot fucking with the OS. The carriers and manufacturers don't give a shit about you once you walk out of the store.

You call shill against "the man" (Apple) all you want. But their shit works, updates keep it fresh and secure, and if it breaks for some reason other than your autism... they replace it.

Hello friends, need recommendations for ~4.7", I want the best phone that I can buy with money. Thank you, have a nice day

>ishit
>work
Apple is a single company making one OS for one series of phones and they're a complete fucking joke at it.

Shill away. That'll be fixed in a couple of weeks. What if that was Android? Unless you own a Pixel you're fucked.

I've had both Apple and Android and they both have their good and bad points. I'm just tired of shitty apps that don't work as well and zero support when things go wrong.

I'm a power user but I don't live on my device so customizing themes and shit is meaningless to me. Give me someone that works and where I can make one phone call to problems fixed. You can't say that with Android... no matter how much you larp.

uhhhhh...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhzPLQhWa0

youtube.com/watch?v=dUMH6DVYskc

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4

bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/

mybroadband.co.za/news/software/234274-put-123-in-your-iphone-calculator-and-get-the-wrong-answer.html

news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-8-plus-battery-bursts-while-charging-destroys-case-and-screen-517860.shtml

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-bug-letter-i-apple-keyboard-ios-update-software-people-unable-write-type-text-a8039706.html

iPhone iOS updates gimp older hardware

youtu.be/VYQgn8J6zbU 6 vs 9

cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/applesuit.pdf

So tl;dr you're a braindead faggot who can't go 1 minute without sucking cocks? Got it.

I can find videos that show the opposite, what's your point? You're a hardcore Soydroid user and you like your device. Good for you.

Sure you can but that doesn't nullify the fact that iPhones are literal pieces of dogshit. Also you're such a big boy standing up to bullies like me, maybe I'll let you suck my dick as a reward.

ugly ass notch and it's slow as balls lmao

Stay mad Soydroid. And, you're not a bully. You're a wanna be... You're trying and I'll give you points. Keep worshiping your Chinese phone and jacking your micro-peen to 2D. I'm sure once you lose a couple of hundred more pounds and leave your basement you'll find an nice girl to rap... I mean settle down with.

I'll wait here for you to post how you hate your new Ching Chong phone because you can't get an update to fix the newest set of glitches to rek Shitdroid this week.

what's a good waterproof phone?

Resurrection remix vs lineage os which is better?

>project treble sounds good enough to make phones last for more than six months
>google will probably drop its support before android 9.0 is out

tl;dr:
>"Leave aplul alone ;_;"

>What if that was Android?
Android has never had this problem.
iShit has this problem every other month.

iTODDLERS BTFO

youtu.be/sI1YELmjh9g

Soydroid BTFO

Reminder to just report/hide the soyboy Apple shill and continue the thread.

No Android has had worse problems... far worse but you’ve eaten so much soy your brain can’t remember.

No device is perfect, but here’s the difference. Apple will fix the glitch in short order. If that glitch was on an Android other than a google phone... you’d be lucky to see a fix in 6 months if ever at all.

Screen shot this. It’ll be fixed in a couple of weeks.

>hw encoding is faster than sw encoding
>"someone call the presses!"
>"Shit, wrong number!!!"

>apple in charge of fixing things

Anytime I see someone with the notched I phone display I die a little on the inside. It's almost as bad as those retarded curved phone displays where people have screen protectors half falling off. The fact that these trash form over function products sell is a miracle of capitalism.

Oh this is an Android only thread. I forgot. I thought it said “cell phone general.”

Wrong board user
bytewolfgaming2.github.io/fun

Haha I have to give credit where credit is due... that was a good one user.

Galaxy S8 with Nova Launcher. Looking for suggestions on how to improve home screen. I like the general theme I got going on, but would like to clean it up a little bit.

>Bug fixes and performance improvements
Thanks for the info Google.

You think the Keyone is worth $300?

So how do android fans get around knowing that Google is not only one of the biggest SJW companies out there... but that they’re literally monitoring your every move?

Apple does the same, the only difference is Android phones cost less, have better specs, performance, and more functions and deatures even the average joe deems very useful (ie itunes not required for full phone access).

oneplus 5T:
>$500
>faster performance
>8GB RAM/128GB Internal
>3,300 mAh battery (0-60 in 30 min)
>~1080p amoled screen
>dual 16MP cameras
>rarely overheats and thermal throttles

iPhone X:
>$1,000
>slower performance
>3GB RAM/64GB Internal
>2,717 mAh battery (0-40 in 30 minutes)
>~1080p amoled screen
>dual 12 MP cameras
>constantly overheats and thermal throttles

What are the best custom ROMs?
Customizability is the priority.

lineage os

>they’re literally monitoring your every move
[citation needed]
you can use android completely without google services

What is the best smartphone and why is it the BlackBerry Classic?

That's better than the launch price of $549 at least. I really wanted it, but there are a couple things I hope they change in this year's successor (more responsive touchpad on the keyboard, no capacitive buttons).

I don’t know. I got an android 90% of the apps as well as Google wanted not only my location but access to my contacts to my microphone to my camera... to everything. Only a handful of Apple apps ever asked for such a usually because the app needed it like Duolingo needing access to my mic.

You sure I’m not just being paranoid?

How do we kill Apple's share of the smartphone market, lads?

Free market economic theory would suggest that Apple's market share should have fallen significantly by now, considering their competition offer superior products at lower prices.

What gives? Why do they continue to hold such a foothold in the market? History has shown the dominant companies can be driven out of business, such as Compaq being driven out of the PC market in the early 2000s, so why is Apple still going strong?

Pretty sure, apple literally sells data to third parties 24/7. One of those third parties are the fucking feds.

lgbt

You have a faulty premise: "superior" product is subjective, not objective. Some people value the better selection of apps and less likelihood of encountering malware and the vertical integration with the rest of Apple's platform.

Crawl out of your bubble. Cred Forums and tech boards are not representative of the larger market.

You might be right. Google just makes me more nervous than Apple.

>hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

>hong kong post

Stop reposting utterly transparent state propaganda as fact.

1. Buy shrinkwrapper.
2. Buy iProduct with cash.
3. Puncture iProduct battery.
4. Shrinkwrap and return iProduct for refund.
5. Repeat until iProducts are recalled/banned worldwide.

None of those things are offered by apple. btw what fappening wave are on anyway? I've lost count.

then install lineage os, it literally comes 100% stripped of all google spyware from the get-go

>china would intentionally expose one of their most profitable overseas scams
Are you literally retarded?

Step 4.5: Get arrested for fraud the second or third time you do this

Just approve stricter regulations on soy products. Kick the soy lobbyists out of positions of power ASAP.

>Why do they continue to hold such a foothold in the market?
Press blacklisting and manipulation.
cultofmac.com/255618/how-apples-blacklist-manipulates-the-press/

One: it's a status symbol; people are greatly appreciative when an accessory offers the appearance of affluence.

Two: this would be detrimental. Most of Android's (read: Google) competition is seminal at best, to offer them free reign would be a mistake. Duopolies are bad enough, instead of limiting Apple's market share it'd be best to focus on increasing the market share of something like Sailfish or similar systems.

As the asshole who broke his LG G3 from last thread, Is the OnePLus 5 aight? I was going to try and grab an LG G6 but this OnePLus 5 is like 30 bucks more. Is 400~ USD a good deal for it?

What if everyone just does it once?

>frôd/
>noun
>noun: fraud; plural noun: frauds

>wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

> financial or personal gain.

Ill have to look into that.

>"We're very confident in our ability to grow the keyboard market," said Gareth Hurn, BlackBerry Mobile's global head of device portfolio, in a conversation with Engadget.
I've been waiting for this.

I think you meant to highlight
>wrongful
;^)

get caught because you're a retard

>not doing this with a group of friends
>not recruiting someone to help make fakeIDs
>not rotating a variety of retail stores over the course of several months through different states and countries

>affluence
more like faggotry

Question about Chinese phones and data mining: can you remove the collection with root access, or is it embedded into the hardware?

why didn't this catch on? you wouldn't buy a mouse without a scrollwheel.

the former

it's not even a thing just install an official rom if you got chinked but sellers installing shit roms doesn't really happen any more

I want to HUG Kirino

touch screen works superbly for scrolling and a scroll wheel is too clunky i usually scroll click to get finer control

I'm baffled everything doesn't work this way.
youtube.com/watch?v=GdzjyMV5fTw
Although I'd prefer the wheel myself, if you're going to only have a touchscreen why not have fast scrolling like on the Vita or like trackpads have.

Better yet, జ్ఞా

that's wonky it's better to have 1:1 drag + fast flick

iTODDLER BTFO

I have a niece and she says she wants an iPhone 6 for her birthday. I can find some really cheap but with broken glasses, but are iPhone screens easy to fix at all?

I have a OnePlus 3 and when I looked into screen repair for that, it seemed really convoluted, and I've never owned an apple phone before, so have no clue.

Also are there any android phones that I could get for just as cheap that are stronger than the S6? It only has 16GB of memory, and I've seen IP6 some for 90-150$.

>I can find some really cheap but with broken glasses, but are iPhone screens easy to fix at all?
i don't recommend this at all you won't get the legit gorilla glass with oleophobic coating

Kirino is objectively shit in every single aspect

Just get the cheapest shit screen you can to repair it and hopefully wean her off Applel trash.

Are you unironically saying that with assault footage from the biggest cunt this entire universe has to offer? Manami is an absolute demon who crawled out of the deepest pits of hell. She's literally the reason why kirino developed deep romantic feelings for her brother, she could have fucking killed herself if kyousuke didn't have a lick of offection toward her.

I like seeing girls beat up girls, real or animated.

So why does nobody have Sony phones?

What's wrong with them?

sony kinda half-asses it because the smartphone biz hasn't been profitable for them. they don't have a great bang for the buck

Is there anything now or coming that is an upgrade for a ZTE Axon 7? Keen for a phone that
>Decent speakers, preferably front facing so they sound like shit
>MicroSD, mandatory
>Doesn't have a huge price tag
Honestly that's it, a nice camera & good performance/battery is welcome too.

they're often discounted from employers or gifts. I saw a post in December for company upgrade phones where the entire staff was selling their 256gb iPhone X's for $800 each.

To be fair, sony half-ass most of their projects and then blames the costumers after they bomb. Also they are quite expensive for their features.

What is the best cheap cell plan for a chinkphone that will work in the US?

Should I fall for the OP5/5T meme?

Please... please stop hurting her

Mint sim

Oneplus phones are great, just know that customer support is garbage. Otherwise they're worth it.

I used Tracfone, but then again, I got some free phone plan with them through another company because I live with and autistic kid.

Keep selling your souls to Google.. you worthless pieces of shit.

youtu.be/IyMTYXUXYvs

>muh customization
>muh freedom

You fucking stupid kids have no idea...

Good plans, meme marketing. Almost.

wut

I need a new phone. What Android phone has the best camera that shoots raw and doesn't have overly aggressive noise filtering when not shooting raw and 4K video capabilities?

I forgot to mention that I'm with AT&T and will be getting it using their upgrade payment plan.

Rust in Peace is such a GOAT album. God damn.

Hahaha what a poorfag who the fuck finances a phone. Did you get your computer from a rent a center?

Excuse me? I'm not "financing a phone." There is not interest involved. I'm simply having a little extra added to my bill until the phone is paid off. You sound underage.

Payment plan CELL PHONE. Hahahaha

Fuck off underaged poster... die in a fire you literal piece of human shit.

Yes sir.

If you don't have an answer for me, then don't bother replying, because this is the last bit of attention that you're getting from me.

Go be an angry retard somewhere else.

Go watch your mom’s new boyfriend fuck her in the ass and cry about needing to fit in elsewhere you piece of shit.

you have to be at least 18 to post here

Nice try you underaged faggot.. you’re not fooling anyone. Did mommy cum yet? I’m sure you heard her screaming through the walls.

get a real camera soyboy

I have a Pixel 2, but I want to listen to music.

Is it worthwhile to use a DAC or amp with the phone and usb c adapter?

sure if you spent $900 on a phone what's another $100 for a decent DAC

What's the best phone for Verizon atm?

iPhone 4S died after 6 years. I dont want to get apple again, what do you guys recommend thats around the form factor of the 4s or smaller. I heard good things about Moto G, but thats sort of large.

Shit camera, no us fingerprint scaner (out of the box and dated design preventing non-poweruser. Camera drm preventing powerusers.
Are you experiencing and problems with the provided adapter, like loudness or hiss? If no why bother getting placebo gear.

Best ROM for redmi 4x?

why no one mentions htc phones

there are no small phones. the closest things are iphone se and z5 compact. if i am wrong please let me know

How do you clean the camera lens of the phone?
Isopropyl alcohol with microfiber cloth?

every new generation of smartphone SoC brings faster and faster downlink and uplink speeds.
The snapdragon 660 has Peak Download Speed: 600 Mbps
Peak Upload Speed: 150 Mbps.
My question is why do you need to keep improving those speeds when a regular 4g network is nowhere near that speed?

Not my picture but some people are already close to those numbers here. Australia's 4G network is incredibly good compared to our wired connections and 5G is going to start rolling out in the next couple years so I'd imagine that they're just trying to prepare a bit for the future.

Not too sure if other countries have similar speeds that we do since I've never bothered to check.

ohhhhh thanks for that info man

moving up in size is just a matter of getting used to. try something new you old fart

Why the fuck does samsung alarm shut off automatically after 1 minute?

ONE JOB. THEY HAD ONE JOB

And there's no way to make it not shut off.

just get some ohter alarm app

Sure, except all apps are riddled with micro transactions and ads.

The Google one isn't

Or you could just create multiple alarms or use the snooze function

Should I wait 2 years to get a XZ1C (availability, price and proper root should be better by then) or just go for a korean G6?
I like small phones but not sure if it's worth it.
I hate being stuck with a 16GB phone, battery isn't great either.

eternal alarms are insufferable fuck you fag

the fuck is wrong with you if you haven't woken up to shut it off after 1 minute

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrlo3Dbr7YI

What's "dust resistance" ?

Google camera APK is it really good, or botnet propaganda?

I've got screen protector, however the edge collect dust like magnet attracting iron.
I fear it might loosing the screen protector.

Is the MI A1 a decent upgrade from the Galaxy A5 (2016)?

Why the fuck is it using so much of my battery?

Yes. Stock Android 8, double the RAM, better CPU, much better camera, fast charging and USB-C.

wait for redmi note 5 pro

>capacitive buttons

No thx. After finding out how convienent a on-screen navigation bar really is, physical buttons seem like a constraint now.

Oneplus 6 will be my next phone, just because it seems like that's where all the Nexus rom developers went to

>USB-C
Why does everyone keep touting that like it's a good thing? I'd rather turn my cable over once in a while than buy all new adapters. It'll be years before most shit is replaced

anyone
is there anything wrong with, let's say, htc u ultra

Galaxy S8

>waiting 3-4 month for the global release

My trusty battle scarred Galaxy S4 is about to die. Is OnePlus 5T a good replacement?

depends, no msd slot is a downside since a 512GB variant is about to be released which will most likely lower the price of the 256 and 400 GB ones.

Why the hell are flagships getting more expensive when their generation over generation improvements are shrinking? 5 or 6 years ago phones improved a lot year over year, now they barely do but the price keeps going up and up.

Is it easy to flash, and install a custom ROM on any of those Amazon deal smartphone with preinstalled apps, or those free tabelets they give out that always have ads on them?

It's always been that way, phones won't improve much in just 1-2 years. Look at the Note 2 vs 5, it took 3 years to make significant improvements.

A phone like the oneplus 5T has the highest bang/buck right now and you won't even consider replacing it until like 2020

how up-to-date is the wiki as far as android apps and stuff go?
I'm unlocking bootloader and rooting my phone (moto g) so I'm taking a look at recommended apps first. also, anything I should worry about/remember before boot/rooting?

Make a nandroid backup in twrp

Which rom for Redmi Note 4? Official lineage os which is android 7.1.2 or official resurrection remix which is android 8.1?

It's generally impossible.

Is the Nexus 6P still a good phone? I see a few on Swappa for under $200 with replaced batteries.

It's literally dogshit and used phones are dogshit in general as well because onboard NAND wears out as much as the battery. Stylo 3 plus is probably the best for around $200 right now.

metropcs.com/shop/phones/details/LG-Stylo-3-PLUS/610214652485

Accidentally tapped some shit and now all my status bar icons (Bluetooth, mobile data, etc)have dissapeared. Does anyone know what I did and how to undo it?

OP5 running nolimits.

What is the best deal in NA for two people who both need unlimited data? We have two S7s. Both looking to upgrade. Looking at the S8 Active but T-Mobile is being really stingy with new phones now. Are there any good, rugged, waterproof chinkphones? Any carriers with deals I don't know about? Thanks.

Is 3gb gonna be obsolete in a few years?. Just got a 3gb phone and im worried

Xperia XZ1 Compact

yes get the 8gb phone
I have 2gb and it's really bad now

P O O R F A G
O
O
R
F
A
G

>dual sim
>sd card
>removable battery
>3gb of ram
>cheap
>yuropean lte networks

Is the moto g5 (not g5s / g5 plus) the only option?

Guaranteed especially if you multi-task a lot. 3GB is going to be good for running 2-3 apps max in a few years.

>old fart
This is the fist time i get this. Interesting.

Thanks

Yes

I want something like Huawei Honor 7x but with 4gb of ram. Talked to support and they only have 3gb models right now. What's a similar phone but with 4gb, and for around the same price (~$200 usd)

>removable battery
that kills basicly everyone except LG and moto
i take 4000 mAh over removable 2800 any fucking day of the week

Absolutely yes. I paid 450€ for mine, I don't regret my purchase a single moment.

TL;DR
easy, foolproof, quick back up and restore of whole filesystem phone?

hey fellas
I played around with lineageOS official build
but I am drawn to oreo unofficials
as performance on 14.1 is not that great

but I am pretty comfy with PC and shit, and I always loved the use of acronis and clonezilla to easily make images of whole partitions and easily get back to the state from specific date

Can I do that on android? Backup whole partition/partitions and fuck shit up around and then restore easily to the state of backup?
I know I read titanium backup so many times, but I never went and investigate, is that the main tool for this?
Any guides?

Help me out my friendos? because i'm retarded and have A.D.D:
What phone should I get??

>need a solid phone no frills
>compatible with sprint and ATT
>has a decent camera
>brand doesn't matter I just don't want it to fall apart in 6 months
> less than $200

no, titanium backup is for backing up just the apps and appdata so when you restore your phone, you can have all the apps running as if nothing ever changed.

if you want to change android ROMs, then what you want to do is perform nandroid backups using recovery mode like CWM or TWRP. that is functionally equivalent to acronis and clonezilla in that you're backing up the partitions on your phone that hold the android system software and apps, although it usually doesn't include user storage such as pictures and video

e.g., you have lineageos on your phone right now, if you do a nandroid backup and save the backup to your PC, then you can nuke your phone, load unofficial oreo roms on it to try it out, and if you don't like it then restore the nandroid backup and you're back to lineageos like the phone was never messed with in the first place

but whatever the fuck you do, always back up ALL the shit on your phone. android stores shit in different partitions, so don't come crying if you lost your photos and music and shit and say "but I thought nandroid would also save my music"

I dont multitask much. just dont want the phone to lag thats all

No support, or are they locked down?

Thanks
haqve TWRP
will gogole more on nandroid

who is this semen demon

Locked down hard. Usually you can't even get root. Moto G5+ is a good example. Regular version has all kinds of support, ad supported can't do shit. Doesn't even matter if you pay to get the ads removed, shit stays solid as a rock.

Then 3GB should be fine, just make sure to go into settings>storage, clear app cache and reboot every once in a while.

What's the best unlocked GSM LineageOS supported phone under $200?

There must be some way to get inside there. Maybe people just don't bother since you'd be an idiot to get a device like that in the first place?

Xiaomi Mi A1
you dont even need to go for lineage
it got AndroidOne

Fuck sorry I forgot to add non-Chinese.

Can you recommend me case for redmi note 4

Why do some new phones have USB Type C but still only 2.0, would it be that much more expensive to have it 3.1 ?
And a stupid question, can I use 3.1 gen 2 USB-A to USB-C cable on a type c 2.0 phone port? Seeing how C 3.1 can deliver up to 100W, I'm wondering if phones with the shittier connection won't do anything stupid

Those transfer speeds are never achieved, most SD/internal storage don't transfer faster than 10-20 MB/s and max 2.0 speed is around 36MB/s.

I thought internal storage was fast? Well I guess in that case it's fine
I suppose a 3.1 cable should be safe to use?

Used z3 plus for 120 dollars. yes or no ?
from photos it seems in very good condition.

Would anyone with a sony zx premium recommend the phone? Is the UI stuttery?
My xperia Z2 has been very good to me, but unfortunately the back of it is all cracked up now, sim card slot doesn't work (my fault, I fucked it up by accidentally inserting the nano to micro sim plastic adapter without the actual card then yanking it out in a frustrated rage), and the 3.5mm jack stopped working as well.
I want to get a current gen flagship phone with a nice camera, but the S9 is gonna have a meme curve on the screen, LG isn't coming out with anything new and the V30's camera isn't that good, pixel is shit for other reasons and I don't want to get a chink phone.
I'm a bit sceptical about a snapfire soc and a 700 mhz gpu being in charge of a 4k display, but if the xz premium can pull it off I might get the new xz pro.

Jolla Sailfish OS is still alive?

Nope, deader than Elvis.

Should I just give up and get a 5T? I've been waiting a while for a good phone, but everything ends up disappointing somehow.

>pentile 1080p screen
Don't do it unless you're one of those autists in denial who think mobile displays should all be 720p.
A "1080p" pentile screen is actually 1564x880 because subpixels

Bought a Sony Xperia xa2 over a Moto x4. Im liking it so far. Love the design of the phone. No waterproof sucks but the extra 300mah battery is nice. So far so good.

Besides the Mi Mix 2s, are there any other rumored phones that are suppose to be unveiled?

Im trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on the Mate 10 Pro/Pro Porsche or not.

Christ. Looks like I'll never find a new phone.

Someone answer please.
Never had sony phone before. Should i get it or galaxy s5 for slightly less.

What kind of specs/size you looking for? A red mi note 4/x are about 160$ and you get quite the bang for your buck.

Wait for the lg v30 refresh and get the old v30, or get a chinkphone. Oneplus is pretty much a chinkphone already.

Don't care much for specs. I use phone mostly for music, browsing, youtube. Most phones should handle this.
I just want good display, good camera and somewhat good looking design.

Note 4 is too big and both camera and display sucks

have a rooted moto g xt1040 and am thinking of getting lineageOS. which version do I pick 14.1(nougat) or 15.1(oreo)?
any other roms you'd recommend?

I might just go for a Sony phone or wait for some of these new 845 phones and be disappointed like usual.

Would the xiaomi mi6 be a good upgrade from a moto g5s? I don't have a cell phone plan so I don't care about network compatability since it has WiFi of course.

The charging port on my Samsung Galaxy S5(ATT) broke recently and doesn't recognize any cable that I use. So I had some people say that i should get the Honor 6 or 7, but was just told about this Orbic Wonder phone bestbuy.com/site/orbic-wonder-4g-lte-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6070202.p?skuId=6070202

I know there is probably a catch with that since I have never heard of that brand before. But it is $150 and I jurt want something that is as good as my S5.

If neither of those options are good. Then I would just like a phone with the following:
>Sub $200 if possible but can go for $300 if needed
>Expandable memory
>Battery that will last for around 10 hours or more
>Can run a game like Fate Grand Order without randomly crashing if anyone here plays that
>Is about 5.5 inches at least
My carrier is ATT

>Motorola Moto G5S
>Released 2017, August
wtf is wrong with you?

I just want something better. Not like I'm going to keep it, I'll sell it when I get a new one.

I'd say the Honor 7X is pretty much perfect but I'm not sure how compatible FGO is with the kirin processor.

How can you still want a Sony phone after all those problems? I have a Z2 as well, in almost the exact same condition as yours. I'm definitely not buying another Xperia, that's for sure.

Hello G I need a new phone. Cheapest over time (Don't give me 50$ shit that dies after half a year). It needs to run Whatapp CM and wechat. I also want it to be as fast as a 6x86. thanks

I wouldn't know where to get an honor 7x since they seem to be sold out everywhere.

i'm in too far

my first car cost 1000€

Hahahah I remember when every one was like what the fuck google what is this price when the pixel one came out. Now everyone is happily paying it. They're charging more so it "seems" as premium as an Apple device. You got ripped. the. fuck. off.
At least you didn't finance it like most plebs though.

I really want this phone, but there's no way I'm paying that much for it. I'll definitely wait until its price drops.

849$
64gb
no expandable storage

user.

that is a very good gif

Moto G5 Plus is $259 for the 4/64 version. There's also LeEco Le Pro 3 for $198 on Amazon but I'd only recommend it if you know how to flash LineageOS.

KYS

Lads:
Are the more expensive, more 'premium' Micro SD brands more reliable too, or just faster?
>E.g. Sandisk Extreme Super Duper MaXXX vs Sandisk plain old Ultra

I don't care about the speed, but I just want the most reliable card for use as adopted storage in my phone.

What's this about a V30 refresh? It have the V30 currently.

What chink phone works best with at&t?

>tfw 256 gig cards are already dropping to under $100

Galaxy S5 then my dude. Though if I was you I'd spend the extra 100$$ and get a galaxy S7. Shoot you can snag one on eBay nowadays for 170$ if you look hard enough. no need to go back to 2013 my dude.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=galaxy s5&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xgalaxy s7 refurbished.TRS0&_nkw=galaxy s7 refurbished&_sacat=0

This shit is so retarded I wonder if sales have dropped for these companies. Probably not normies don't give a fuck. They ruin everything

Poorfag here. I recently got a ZTE Majesty Pro budget phone to replace my obamaphone.

To my dismay, there seems to be no easy way to transfer already installed apps or install new ones onto an sd card and the 8gb internal harddrive (really just 4) is, quite frankly, complete shit.

Apparently, due to the model being fairly new, it's also more resistant to rooting.

I really just want to fit more programs on the phone, but if there are some user-friendly OS's that allow for more versatility and get rid of bloat that I could use instead, I'm all ears.

My Chink shark card never once failed for 2 years now And i have used it with 3 different phones

Sorry, not cheap enough to "KYS".

/ phones you can sex / general when

I'm pretty sure that translate to "lmao kys cuck" in womanese.

youtu.be/ezVib_giTFo

please help a man out

What is the point of having a chinkphone if they don't work in the US?

What's the point of living in the US if chinkphones don't work?

Get titanium backup and experiment, my man. How can we recommend something when we don't know what you want?

Pixel 2, either one is good. Best camera in the game mostly due to software

Is it THAT much better than the 5T? Because if it's only like 10% better than it seems iPhone-grade insane.

The 5T is definitely close. Some carriers have deals on the Pixel 2 XL that makes it more reasonable.

mainly I want to know which would be better for daily usage. in terms of being smooth, battery life, etc... . also heard a bunch about resurrection remix but the wiki says nothing of it.

Check which roms are even available for your device, rank them by their appearance and reviews, and then just choose one. Use titanium backup to save your shit when you decide to experiment and you can have your phone back to an earlier configuration without a big hassle.

I guess I'll die an msdfaggot, a few years down the road we'll probably have $100 512GB and $200 1TB cards and I really don't want to miss out on that especially after discovering that 4K video IS 1080p native video (see chroma sub-sampling).

is titanium still necessary if I already have a nandroid backup?

I have no idea. I have only ever used titanium backup.

If it works anything like nandroid, in that it's a system backup that allows you to go back as if nothing had changed, then having both wouldn't be necessary

Sounds like it'd work then. Point is, try the ROMs out and just revert back if you don't end up liking them.

Just got an Asus Zenfone AR. Did I fuck up?

Is it rootable? Does it have decent performance? Are custom roms available? If yes to all, you didn't. If no to any, you did.

>>"purchased directly from google" sells it cheaper than google
Well, if he was selling it for the same price, nobody would fucking buy from him, would they?

When can we expect sony's next glorius flagship?

Asus phones are filled with unimaginable bloatware. You fucked up. Enjoy the tedious process of removing and then readding bloatware so you can update.

Friends don't let friends buy Asus phones.