pastebin.com/8Yku80VL (embed)
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed)
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/FILCO-108フルキー茶軸日本語配列-独Cherry茶軸採用メカニカルキーボード-FKBN108M-JB2/dp/B0053U3YX2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519004478&sr=8-4&keywords=Filco
github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next
pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-modular-mechanical-pc-gaming-keyboard-full-size-104-key-gateron-cherry-kailh-switches
youtube.com/watch?v=J9bcJXHVFqY
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2977
shop.daskeyboard.com/products/das-keyboard-4-ultimate/
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1897
22kbd.com/156
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

really anne pro is tempting me, there's this guy sell his anne pro, should i buy it anyway or rather build my own with kbdfans kit? planning to change the stabs and switch with kailh box jade

Just get the Anne pro guys

Build your own. Anne pro case mounts are not standard, although still possible to mount on a regular 60% case with some missing screws. It works, but its not great.

Colors infuriate me.

i hate mine it's a piece of poop

if you're planning to swap the stabs and switches just build one

>piece of poop
top kek

I like dis, how buy?

from the internet

do you take your guns to the portapotties you clean?

what site?

here
amazon.co.jp/FILCO-108フルキー茶軸日本語配列-独Cherry茶軸採用メカニカルキーボード-FKBN108M-JB2/dp/B0053U3YX2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519004478&sr=8-4&keywords=Filco

Same. My Model M is beige and my TKL is black.

That's not a hipower

didn't you know, all filco keyboards come with an assortment of guns. the bad news is that its completely random which ones you get

It's a (custom) surplus FN hard chromed by Metalife.

Who told you what I do??

>not even a delete key
you cannot defend this

Why are you still using QWERTY in 2018?

I haven't been in one of these threads in a year.
Glad to see I haven't missed anything. Still just the same old shitposts with the same old images.

K bye enjoy your shitposting lives.

Not him but you’ve already told us what you do.

how long have you guys been using your current keyboard?

had my ducky shine 4 for 4 years now, still runs perfectly but i want to buy something new for the hell of it

AT102W since November. Bid on it during a really fucking boring lecture after I spilled a Dr pepper on my cherry g80.

Probably going to collect all the complicated alps now that I have black

Eh, had my rubber dome Sidewinder X4 for years now. Looking to upgrade, but never really got further than this:
Looking more at Corsairs now, because there's this:
>github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next
for using under Linux/OS X. And at the end of the day I don't trust Rosewill's quality for something beyond a case or fans, although that KM570 (RGB) looks like it could work.

I just got an MK Typist with Kailh Box Whites. Before then I was using a Unicomp.

Since October: I switched from a malfunctioning 10 year old OEM HP rubber dome to a 1990 gray badge IBM Model M.

any good cheapish full keyboard pcbs I can buy to add my own custom keys? I haven't looked into it too much but I see nothing but 40 and 60%.

I sure hope you guys don't forget to invaginate your keycap pullers completely before slowly pulling off your keycaps. Don't yank.

Why have a delete key if you can just do alt + ctrl + fn + 3 + backspace?

Are ergodoxes memes?

How are the box whites?

>mfw i've been yanking

What does he do?

>invaginate

the closest i've found that easy to program and affordable was TX series and *96
not in general fullsize layout, but have enough keys to cover fullsize layout

black on white didn't look good.
still waiting my kit to arrive for this keycaps set

Hello /mkg/!
Please help me identify this board (pic related).
I need to decide whether to buy it or not really fast.

Retard

explain

So most mechanical keyboards I'm looking at (and pretty much all of the non-1337 GAMRZ boards) don't have any sort of dedicated macro keys. Is that just something I'll have to learn to live without? Or is there maybe a solution that doesn't involve having to spend $150 on a garish board from e.g. Corsair?

Just use autohotkey to map any macros. Macro boards are overrated.

or diy a macro board on arduino pro micro

*tips keycap*
m'anime

>switch to second layer
>press delete

Looks like an old Wyse terminal keyboard. You need a custom converter to adapt it for use with modern computers. Do you have a picture of the back

Can confirm. The firmware alone was a total downer for me.
Hardware wise, is a neat keyboard.

Just get a programmable keyboard like a Ducky then set your macros on your numpad on a different layer

Is there a fully tenkeyless programable keyboard?

Hello, it's been over 2 years with my HHKB now

zero regrets, love it and haven't craved another keyboard since.

I wonder if swissfags still uses his hhkb sometimes?

>fully tenkeyless
What the hell is that supposed to mean? It’s like saying I have a full 60% keyboard. Anyway there are programmable TKLs out there by ducky, Cooler Master, Corsair, Filco keyboards have a very easy mod turning them into programmable keyboards, you can also go the chink route and get something like a XD kit on aliexpress

Doubt brown and blue i do not care about the noise which one would be the best?

I just purchased a ducky one red cherry and its not what I was looking for. I need something clicky, and a bit more resistance when I press a key, maybe like a 5/10 resistance when I would consider the Red cherry a 3/10, 10 being the highest resistance.(probably due to my incredible finger strength) what switch should I go for?

IBM Model F

I use it when I'm back at my parents place. Alas, I can't find a picture of the setup, but it's basically this with a HHKB and my old g502.

My Tada68 has been pretty much been my daily driver ever since I got it. I wonder what keyboard I will one day build that would replace the tada.

Oh I forgot to mention

IBM Model F

Clean portapoppies

>Hello, it's been over 2 years with my HHKB now
>
>zero regrets, love it and haven't craved another keyboard since.
>
>I wonder if swissfags still uses his hhkb sometimes?
All you need now is hipro caps

>ESC, num divide, ctrl and menu caps are the wrong row
Literally unusable.

Are modular boards worth getting hung up over? That is, something like the GMMK:
>pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-modular-mechanical-pc-gaming-keyboard-full-size-104-key-gateron-cherry-kailh-switches
I like the idea of being able to swap out switches, but I'm not so sure it's useful in a practical sense. It's also really hard to actually find keyboards like this. Except for an oddly disproportionate amount of chink shit, that is.

It's mostly a gimmick. I guess if you want to have lighters modifiers you can easily swap them.

Works perfectly fine thank you x
Dont be so mad cos u cant afford haha

>huge mouse pad
>tiny keyboard

Neither.

What's a good keyboard for work? I'm looking for something with no lights and less sound than a membrane.

matias qc

>less sound than a membrane

Membranes don't make sounds

for some reason that's always given me a bad vibe. Also, I have two old dampened ALPS keyboards from Apple (macfag) and the activation point is wierdly high...

But I don't know if the matias switches are different despite being similar?

Sure, the key bottoming out on the frame and returning both make noise.

That's not the membrane

Can someone suggest a good keyboard with hotswappable switches? I need TKL and I really don't want to buy the shitty perma rainbow chinkshit or GMMK from literally r*ddit.

It's mostly for if you feel like trying out every switch type or you want a certain switch on certain keys (i.e reds on wasd)

I'm getting a tokyo60 for the HHKB layout, swappable switches, and the name. It's basically going to be a glorified switch tester though unless my Tada68 keeps pissing me off.

OK, it's a standard lenovo office membrane keyboard with fullsize keys and makes a bit of noise. The point is there is some level of acceptable noise, the only truly silent keyboards are probably the crapple butterfly abominations and some other such jokes.

Rubber domes are already silent

they do though since they need to make contact in order to register a press. you're thing of electromagnetic switches like hall effect since those don't need to make contact

not all rubber domes are created equally. my dell office keyboard is almost as loud as my cherry mx blue keyboard

More like the Mitsubishi of keyboards. A Poker or Filco is more likely in par with a Civic.

poker is more like isuzu, a once great keyboard that's now shit. I'd say that a GH60 is the honda civic if keyboards while filco is closer to toyota

>I need TKL

IBM Model F

Post your keyboard.

lmfao these are awful

where's yours?

What's wrong with the Filco?

>wants a keyboard with built in reddit features
>complains about the lack of non reddit keyboards
what you want is an oxymoron

Dell 8135

>being able to replace switches is now Reddit
The absolute state of this general

>soyboy layout

I finally received my soyboy meme keyboard... It is quite something

>can't work a soldering iron
>want's a reddit tier keyboard instead
>twists the statement
nice try bud, how about you go back to your buddies over at reddit, or buy a normal keyboard

Model F's are better

soyboy detected

>why don't you want to spend hours desoldering & resoldering every switch
>make life hard for yourself or you're reddit waaaaaaah

>soyboy
15 year old detected

>soldering
>hard
Jesus Christ this general has gone to shit, you probably can't even solder an LED to save your life

I'm sorry my time isn't worthless like yours. I have better things do to than autistically solder six million switches.

>soldering a couple switches is tedious work
Do you have the attention span of a millennial? It only takes a couple minutes to desolder and solder in a new set of modifier switches.

I'm not interested. Soldered switches offer literally zero benefit over hotswappable ones, other than gaining the approval of a retard in Cred Forums who literally jerks himself off over being able to do basic electronics work.
You're going to have to make some better arguments here bud.

okay then go ahead and buy one and enjoy your increased keychatter and loose connections.

I already have an XD75 and am happy to report none of those problems. Next.

I think autisticanon might be saying that the rubber membrane/domes themselves are silent, and that it's the rest of the keyboard making noise?

You're forgetting the "coil whine" from the inductive stretching and shrinking of the conductive materials under the induced magnetic field load! Noise!

Are you seriously this proud of your own stupidity? Soldering is an incredibly basic skill, especially when all you have to do is solder two very large copper contacts.

You deserve zero help from anyone here, newfag.

>newfag
lol

some keeb desoldering action live
if you want to comein and chat

youtube.com/watch?v=J9bcJXHVFqY

>if you don't want to it means you can't
Just shut the fuck up nerd

Churning butter is such a simple skill, I literally can't believe you fucking faggot retards buy it premade.
You don't deserve any butter.

this is infuriating on so many levels

Anyone have the FC980M?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2977
I got some cash and I wanted to get either a new board or spend some cash on a soldering gun so I can take apart my current boards. What would be better?

I kind of want to get another tada and hope it works this time.
The last one I had was pretty fun before it started acting up and shit itself

lets stop fighting and post some tactical keyboards

are there any hot swappable keyboards which are sold in a european stores?

did someone say tactical

Tokyo60

does amazon count?

nope, not really

then you're out of luck

not gona lie, thats very tactical

Filco is a standard layout with a pure business aesthetic, how can it be awful?

>leopold
>cherry browns

you're doing it wrong
go topre with leopold

Friend you shouldn't care so much about colors

kek

Did you try to reflash the original firmware?

the board is bricked now. It doesn't respond if I touch the button under or anything.

shop.daskeyboard.com/products/das-keyboard-4-ultimate/

What do you guys think of this keyboard?

too overpriced, but hey you get a metal sticker

>no numpad
>no home, end, insert, del, pgup, pgdown
>no arrows for caret navigation
what do you even use the keyboard for?

autism speaks

Tactility isn't nearly as strong as Buckling Springs, but it's better than MX Blues.

>Tactility isn't nearly as strong as Buckling Springs
No shit

>dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sda

i installed lonix recently and people told me to use the terminal so i ded.
Tested that command you have on your nick and now programs crash and i only can see the thumbnail of some files in nautilus and when i open them it says that the file is defective, how can i fix this

>Budget
100~
>Location (continent at least)
United States
>Preferred switch type
Brown, clears
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
None
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer Blackwidow Tournament

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1897

Try running dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda

Facts about mechanicals:

1. They type 15-30% slower due to longer activation times.
2. They make voice chatting, VOIP impossible due to loud noises and heavy sound distortion.
3. They cost 5 times as much and are already out of date by 20 years.
4. They lack media keys, macros, and other important functions that no self-respecting gamer enthusiast can live without.
5. They also feature scam models known as "10 key less" which are more expensive for fewer keys, worse than that, it's a lie. They actually have 15 fewer keys. You are charged a key removal fee for each key that ranges from $5-10 per key lost.
6. Not all mechanicals are the same. They charge you a premium for using different dyes in the plastic. Want your switches in black or blue? Well they'll charge you more for those colors even though the dye is the same price as red or brown.

Facts about Dell SK-8135

1. It's rubber dome for 15-30% faster activation times
2. It's quiet to make voice chatting, VOIP and helldesk work possible
3. They cost 5 times less, actually you can probably just grab one from work.
4. They have media keys and a rotary volume control
5. There is no scam 10 key less version
6. Not every Dell SK-8135 is the same, some of the them are black and some a dark blue.

I just bought the zealios WASD keyboard from Massdrop, did I meme too hard or did I do ok? I was about to buy the cheaper mx variant currently running but as a gamer I prefer low actuation force.

I really wanted an 87 key, doubleshot abs, cherry speed silver, and a PCB/controller that isn't complete ass...but I'd have to build that myself or get a RGB gamer keyboard with a terrible look.

>abs
why?

If anyone falls for this bait kys

>Cred Forums recomends thinkpad
>thinkpad is rubber dome

Not a fan of PBT.

why?

Dell SK-8135 facts are 100% true though.

I bought DSA PBT caps online a couple of years back and I've never once wanted to use them because they look and feel like shit. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Doubleshot ABS has never done me wrong.

It's the best laptop keyboard you're gonna get outside of the massive gaymur laptops with mechanical keyboards.

>already out of date by 20 years
lol wut?

>DSA
that explains everything. DSA feels like shit no matter what materials are being used

Posting in /mkg/ of course.

looks like you fell for the b8

I'm an ingle exhaust buildup evacuator technician.

Just got a Matias mini tactile pro a few days ago. First keyboard I’ve had in a while that I think stands up to my model m.

so you round up illegal immigrants?

clean out that gunk on the bottom of your Model M user

>he needs a delete key
>he doesn't naturally and deliberately do everything perfectly, negating the need to delete anything

Buy a Model F, you wont want to use your M again.

What's the purpose of the F13 to F19 keys on applel keyboards?

you seriously couldn't google that question
anyway they're left blank so you can program them to do functions

yeah I've been meaning to, it's dirty as shit and I havent cleaned it in years

>honda civic of keyboards
you mean this?

where's the rice?

Something like Vortex vibe, or Coolermaster masterkeys M, but with the numpad on the left - does it exist?

apollo 22 mini
22kbd.com/156

i got mine as a gift some 5-6 years ago i think, still works fine albeit somewhat dirty

plenty of options exist, the real question that you should be asking is how much are you willing to pay? these niche keyboards aren't cheap you know.

Been using my KUL for about 4 years?
Not sure on the exact time but its been a while.
I spilled soda a long time ago on it and now the keys are squeaking after I washed them out.
But its still the best board I've used yet.

>plenty of options exist
>posts one that literally doesn't
kek

they extended the group buy and it ended a couple weeks ago, these things take time

>Update 1
>delay
>Update 2
>delay
>Update 3
>delay + lunar fucking new year

cant wait for another excuse

Why does the link bring up Amazon.jp?

Serious question.. im thinking about buying a planck like pcb from aliexpress and setting it up as my main. Is it worth learning ortho linear ?

Otherwise im kinda waiting for anne pro ISO whennever that shit will come out lmao

you aren't very bright

Do you get wrist pains from typing?
>No
Don't bother with orthomeme
>Yes
Get a fucking wrist rest, you idiot

everything but the pcb is finished already. they were only delayed a week from the original shipping estimate

cant wait to hear your excuse in March

But ortho looks fucking dope, is the lay-out usuable? is the coding do-able without any previous knowledge of programming

>Is it worth learning ortho linear
no idea, i just built that thing two days ago.

uses QMK like every other board

the layout is preference

Anyone here that knows where to get an AEK keyset? Pref French ISO

OP from the "why is everyone into mechanical keyboards" thread here. After going to Best Buy I've decided they are better than my sticky Lycosa. However, now I'm conflicted. I liked the MX Speed on the K70 and I see it can be had on a Ducky that looks HAWT for way less money but the G613 is wireless and would let me type on my phone. The Romer G switches felt worse but still better than what I have now. And I could use a gel wrist rest with the Ducky. I've never been more conflicted. UGH.

from an AEK keyboard. that's your only option