/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Cred Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6CbNA2uP054
youtube.com/watch?v=1NcGiclgxPc
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0DvfDSDvM
my.mixtape.moe/cxqqoc.mp3
amazon.com/HIDEit-Uni-H-Mount-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B071NLXNY2/ref=sr_1_62?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017108&sr=8-62&keywords=wall hanger
amazon.com/Stick-on-Headphone-Hooks-2-Pack/dp/B00P9GYUE2/ref=sr_1_70?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017108&sr=8-70&keywords=wall hanger
amazon.com/Vizcaya-Headphone-Tambourine-Microphone-Musical/dp/B01GMJOE86/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1519016989&sr=8-46&keywords=headphones holder
amazon.com/Shineme-Stainless-Bathroom-Organizer-large-2pcs/dp/B01F3ISBZY/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017512&sr=8-20&keywords=wall hanger
amazon.com/Geekria-Foldable-Headphones-Wallmount-Protective/dp/B078VMFQ46/ref=sr_1_184?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017583&sr=8-184&keywords=wall+hanger&th=1
verumsonus.com/monoprice-m1060-mods/
verumsonus
innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-660-s-over-ear-open-headphones
youtu.be/uOCqN96eEgo?t=172
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-600-hd600
youtu.be/NtKXGbsA94E
aliexpress.com/item/TOPPING-A30-D30-Headphone-Power-Amplifier-Decoder-Set-Support-USB-DAC-Optical-Fiber-Coaxial-Decoding-XMOS/32791996296.html
headnhifi.com/,
i.4cdn.org/vg/1519017191503.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=6t13YuPVOBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post setups (especially if you engage in thread long autistic spergfests about driver matching and assorted hyperautistic issues)

Reminder: This is the best amplifier for STAX headphones. It costs $6000 (Six-thousand dollars).

that's insane

Are there any Stax amp kits that you can build yourself for a good price? Sorta like the Bottlehead Crack

Yeah, the one in the pic. Despite what NHA says, it's a decent design.

STAX have matched drivers to audio euphoria
or so I've heard
because they won't
ship it
before may
much cheaper if you build it and look out extensively for some of the parts yourself
I also don't think anyone here ever adviced anything but the absolute cheapest working amplifiers

>much cheaper if you build it
The guy charges $130 just for the PCB. Just those PCBs.

It costs $6,000 and you still have to build it yourself???

It only costs $6000 for the prebuilt.

Oh. I wonder if there's any money to be made building and reselling the kits, then.

Probably. Maybe you could donate some of your profits to NHA so he can finally afford some headphones.

hyperautistic issues

Nice best sounding headphones in the world, user. Nice Audio Technicas, too.

You'll have bad transformer whine. Think even that $6000 prebuilt has that issue.

How would you know? You don't own headphones after all!

What does it take to stop autism? A bullet.

Jesus christ.

Why does everyone here seem to hate headphones? I don't understand.

I love headphones and people who own them. I hate idiots who don't own headphones and shit up threads.

I really love my headphones, how about yours?

This general has been ruined by a literal couple of anti 600+schiit weirdos.

It used to be mildly decent and friendly here. Get ready for the responses, and pay attention in the future.

I love my headphones, thank you! But everyone seems to hate that particular model...

I love HD600s. Other headphones comparatively suck, though.

Hey, we all love something here right? So let's post some setups!

Not user, but i'll start it off :^)

Do you own headphones?

Speakers > headphones, as I always say

So what's everyone listening to (and with what)?

youtube.com/watch?v=6CbNA2uP054

Also, are the HD600 or 650s a good upgrade from the 598s?

But you don't own speakers either. No, that speakerlet does not count.

Ah, but that's the flattest speaker on the market! I can tell by ear

Stop being a pussy and post your real setup.

Ok, ok... But right after the anons from do so. I'm very shy

Didn't they teach you not to be a fucktard at McGill U?

Listening to DIIV on my 558s.
600s are better, but not night and day - they have more clarity and better separation but don't sound vastly different (558vs600, haven't heard 598)

decent upgrade if you already like the HD598. I only really found them much better than my previous HD558 once I EQ'd (owned both HD600 and HD6XX)
currently listening to youtube.com/watch?v=1NcGiclgxPc on this setup

>Ask about a specific pair of headphones
>LOL JUST BUY HD600s! And pair them with schiit too!
You are the one who ruined these threads.

Fine... fine... Here's my setup. I'm a very poor user. Please no bully

Where are feet?

[Bully]

Accurate. He should realize by now that people are going to get sick of his shit eventually.

Best place to buy a pair of HD800s? Amazon?

ebay, used

I don't buy used headphones. Also damn that replay time was fast, user.

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

hehe i get to say Shit

Of all headphone brands I tried, Philips is really good. If I ever want an opened can I might consider this.

>not buying used HD800
I'm sorry you are autistic. you can get them for $450-700 used. so sad.

Is it even possible to end up with a bargain when bidding? The direct sales are always overpriced.

HD600 - ODAC/O2

youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0DvfDSDvM

Comfy asf song

Yes. I just got 2 6N6P tubes for $15 shipped. Breddy gud

my.mixtape.moe/cxqqoc.mp3

HD650 with my EQ

>he listens to mp3
The absolute state of HD650 and chinkshit owners.

I'm not going to buy the album when there's only a couple songs on it that I like

>he doesn't support the music industry
The absolute state of HD650 and chinkshit owners.

>not using wooden risers
Here’s my setup. I got mount my monitors unfortunately only one has the holes for mounting. I rigged something up for the monitor. It might not be the best looking solution but at least I have more desk space now.

I'm buying a beyerdynamic t90 to serve as my brightfag headphone. $250 and they're significantly better than the dt1990(not saying much). That upper midrange turns me on.
Should I hate it I'll sell it and buy an akg k612 instead.
Are there any other, superior, brightfag headphones? I was thinking maybe the t1 but it measures almost exactly like a t90.

stax 009

I didnt like the l300. The ethereal sound people talk about just sounds wrong to me. Looking at their measurements I just chock it up to their messy decay. So I guess I should have said dynamic/ortho only
Good rec though I'll keep it in mind

Where do you guys reccomend getting high quality or lossless quality albums?

Is it worth it to torrent, or do you guys actually rip the songs off the physical CD?

Stax-anons, how does the SR-303 stack up compared to like the L300 ? I've been thinking about buying one used.

Think just about every song out there is converted from MP3.

It's better desu

whats the point of spending 1000 dollars+ on gear to listen to MP3's?

Flacs and good mp3s sound the same so. CD quality is mp3...

Only other formats I ever see are AAC and WMA.

I torrent/google. I buy the albums of the artists i enjoy the most.

which stax should i buy, L300 80th anniversary or L500?

My headphones broke last night so i make shift fixed them. Any recommendations for new ones? they arent as comfortable as they where so im looking to upgrade.

L500 is the L300 with different pads, so don't get it.
Either go for the L300Ltd or wait and buy the SR-007.

What is glue

You'll find that higher end headphones tend to be made from high quality plastic that won't break.

That is a relief , I hope i can find pair that can compete with those Logitech's

Got em

>Logitech
>headphones
Seriously?

if you're looking for "PC Headphones" just get the beyerdynamic Custom game, it's built like a tank and actually sounds really good

>compete with those Logitech's
It's probably hard to find anything worse than logitech.

>anything worse than logitech
Razer?

>anything worse than logitech
Schiit.

i just spotify for single tracks and for albums I buy flac from artists that put out good albums

RuTracker is shitty compared to most other trackers but it's easy to get into and still has some good stuff here and there.

If your budget allows, get Sennheiser HD600.
Otherwise, look at Phillips SHP9500S or Sennheiser HD558, HD559.

>HD559
Doesn't include a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter for those who don't know

And it comes with 6.3mm cable? wtf sennheiser, that's distasteful. Don't do that to budget people who get an entry model.

Anybody have any recs for headphone holders that can clamp on to a vertical surface and has enough space to fit a really large headband? looking for something for the LCD2C.

No fucking idea, but I'd also love to know.

Some user last thread posted about the K&M holders and they looked pretty good but I didn't want to spend more than $30 on them.

amazon.com/HIDEit-Uni-H-Mount-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B071NLXNY2/ref=sr_1_62?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017108&sr=8-62&keywords=wall hanger
amazon.com/Stick-on-Headphone-Hooks-2-Pack/dp/B00P9GYUE2/ref=sr_1_70?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017108&sr=8-70&keywords=wall hanger
amazon.com/Vizcaya-Headphone-Tambourine-Microphone-Musical/dp/B01GMJOE86/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1519016989&sr=8-46&keywords=headphones holder

Trusting my headphones in the hands of some shit 3m tape.

Post setup

amazon.com/Shineme-Stainless-Bathroom-Organizer-large-2pcs/dp/B01F3ISBZY/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017512&sr=8-20&keywords=wall hanger
amazon.com/Geekria-Foldable-Headphones-Wallmount-Protective/dp/B078VMFQ46/ref=sr_1_184?ie=UTF8&qid=1519017583&sr=8-184&keywords=wall+hanger&th=1

Happy now?

Working on getting a new desk. Debating on making it my self or buying some IKEA shit

Ew, you kept the m1060. I tried all the mods but returned them because of how fucking bad the glare is in the upper mids. I suggest you resell them and buy a he500 or hd650+kiss mod(gotta get that driver matching).
Which amp is that? I'm trying to pick one to go with the esteemed topping d30 and was thinking about the ifi ican se to go with it.

Nice spyderco, what model is it?

Any recommendations for a mic'd headset? Looks like the /csg/ infographic only had wireless stuff.

Some info per the op:
Budget

The amp is a cheap smsl sapII pro with the buffer replaced with a LME48960, planning to bypass some of the resistors to lower the output impedance

Spyderco Harpy.

Logitech G430

razer megalodan. much better than the hd600. doesn't have a rollercoaster treble response and limp dick bass. not as dangerous either because the amp on the hd600 needs an amp which means you can blow a driver with too much power and cause permanent ear damage

I got them because they were on sale for $250, plus I'm using the paper towel mod and fuzzer mod

good post

>7.1 headset
What garbage. Who is the cunt who thought to try to emulate surround sound 2 CM from your ears?

Tried both and it did nothing for the glare. Even the m565 had it. Fucking hate monoprice trash, cost me like $35 to mail them back and 3 weeks until I had money in pocket.

neither do anything to fix the ringing and the latter doesn't actually even do anything

I had the G230s and could only wear them for an hour or two until I got a headache from the headband
Not my idea of comfort

proofs

verumsonus.com/monoprice-m1060-mods/

just get an L300 or L300LE or something

I'm not that user,I'll let him dig up the link to the guys blog who did the measurements.
Either way the 5k ringing is utterly insignificant in the wake of the song destroying 2k glare.

>verumsonus
I knew it, his site, graphs, and opinions are all terrible

you are the definition of post purchase rationalization

I feel bad for people like him. I was sad when they were unusable horrible headphones and realized I had to return them. But sad is a long way from deluding ones self into believing something isn't true just to avoid being sad.

people need to quit getting attached to gear. it's just a headphone.

No, all of the graphs on head-fi show the opposite of what he shows, from multiple people too, so his measurements are literally an outlier

Maybe he just doesn't hear the flaws and enjoys his headphone. Nothing wrong with that.

>This general has been ruined by a literal couple of anti 600+schiit weirdos.
That's what sennshills get for having shit this thread and other places on the internet with constant hd600 and hd650 spam to the point where they are literally the only headphone ever suggested, while calling people who enjoy bass niggers and jamals and constantly bashing beyers for having treble.
The old Cred Forums guides didn't even include the HD600 in the lists. What does that tell you, subhuman critter? People didn't even consider your pet meme headphone of 2018 to be worth mentioning.

>HD600
Nice greatest headphones ever manufactured, user.
>Beyerdynamic
Nice ear-rape treble.
>I like ATH-M40x
Cool story, J'Glesterique.

>modal soul
mah nigga

$0.05 has been deposited into your account, thank you for supporting Sennheiser products!

>The [HD600/650] headband is a very high quality plastic and will not break
innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-660-s-over-ear-open-headphones
>check out my images of AKG/Beyerdynamic shills who were paid to break Sennheisers and post them on the internet

Nice spyderco, I got the same one.

>>check out my images of AKG/Beyerdynamic shills who were paid to break Sennheisers and post them on the internet
Must be nice to live in a fantasy world.

>m50
>unofficial headphone of Cred Forums, most widely suggested.
that aged well.

Australians do you have a non-portable headphone amplifier and where did you get it from?

So a friend of mine has these Hatsune Miku IEM a Chinese company paid a designer for some package art for. I tried to search for them on AliExpress but don't know the brand and only got low quality crap, can user help? I have dual drivers etc so I won't be buying but still interesting.

The M50 were the HD600 of the times. An extreme amount of exaggerated hype while hitting the price point that most people were willing to pay for headphones before the market became more willing to buy the higher priced stuff. M50 were released and hyped on the internet in an era that didn't even have kilobucks headphones outside of niche boutique manufacturers, when that guide picture was made, the HD800 was still kinda new and it was the first time Sennheiser released something very expensive as a consumer product (the Orpheus doesn't really count, was limited production). Since then, TOTL inflated even more (Utopia, LCD-4, HD800S), making the old mid-fi range and some of the older TOTL look like bargains. Sometimes introducing a highest possible price point that the market can bear is not done solely for the sake of selling the product itself, but also selling more of the lower priced, but still expensive options, by making them look like good deals.

The M50X, the m50 replacement, were also released at a higher price point right when the low end market saw more competition and some of the other traditional headphone companies dropped the prices on some of their most popular headphones. You can get a DT770 for the price of a M50X these days.

Audioengine D1 from PCCasegear. Love it.
Speaking of which I just found out after nearly a year owning it the power light is also a power button (I read no product literature whatsoever).

On another note my AKG Q701 are giving me the bumps of death. Is there any cure that the community has come up with other than wearing a retard helmet? I'm not against modding them, I've already had them apart to resolder the contacts.

Buy the modern 702 which is basically the same headphone without the nasty coloring and bumps.

Seriously? Replace them because of the bumps?
You work for AKG right?

Cred Forums recommended all kind of things. Doesn't mean much. dt770 used to be considered amazing headphones around here few years back, as proved by picture you posted.
I wasn't much into audio back then, but remember everyone having dt770 and those m-audio speakers. Also porta pross niggerbass mud canons were considered amazing bang for buck, which honestly was somewhat true, because chink overlords didn't flood the market yet.
Not to mention m50 recommendation, which everyone here considers shit now.
Basically none of this shit gets any recognition anymore.

>On another note my AKG Q701 are giving me the bumps of death. Is there any cure that the community has come up with other than wearing a retard helmet?
Cut them off. Buy headphones that are not shit comfort, like suggested.
Replace headband with self made one.
People did all kind of things to get bumps off, just a matter of whether you are willing to put that much work.

K&M basic holder is cheaper. The one that can be used on vertical places is like $40 and is meant to be used with all kind of studio stands. I would recommend this, they make good quality stuff and it's cheap, at least compared to audiophool magic stands.

>Also porta pross niggerbass mud canons were considered amazing bang for buck, which honestly was somewhat true, because chink overlords didn't flood the market yet.
Cuz shrill taskstars are such good bang for your buck.
> Not to mention m50 recommendation, which everyone here considers shit now.
Which everyone considers unfit for the price. They're not that bad, they're just overpriced for what they offer. Of course they have too much bass for someone who calls porta pro "niggerbass". I mean just that word alone outs you as one of the ardent hd600 homos who plague hpg.

>just a matter of whether you are willing to put that much work.
And if your time has any value at all just buying new headphones is less of a hassle and expense than doing DIY crap.

You got me user! But I also used other headphones and actually have porta pros.
I'm not allowed to think that my HD600 sound good?

>Cuz shrill taskstars are such good bang for your buck.
Actually I was not referring to takstars you massive newfag, takstars were an afterthought in chink expansion into market. Superlux was, I think, the first popular chink brand in western market. Their headphones tend to have earpiercing treble but are otherwise fine (for the price). And yes, I actually think takstar headphones are better than kpp. I had opportunity to listen to pro80, hi2050 (I think) and one other big ass open model and all of those were better.

That's not a T2, is it? Because if it's not, your statement is false

>DIY crap
Some of the best shit I own is crap then. I didn't buy these for props on a Mongolian transvestite registration board, I actually just like my music. I'm really not into replacing them entirely when I can fix them. I was just wondering if there was a "common fix" in the community. I guess I'll stitch up a leather and lamb's fleece band then...

Are the Takstar pro82's a meme or will I be satisfied sound and comfort wise?

both

I don't know, buy them and tell me.

Try hdmusic.pw

More 1-2 kHz and a bass seal. The foam mesh guard reportedly makes things brighter so getting a fabric guard (comes with new pads) would be recommended.

Don't post that picture.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Who's this adoraQT? I like girls with musical skills. Nice straight long hair too.

>Don't post that picture.
Does history make you feel dirty, robot shill? Will you be pissed if I post pics of your hd600 shilling in a decade when you'll have moved onto the next meme (probably stax)?

You should post pics of your setup instead.

I bought stax in 2014 chum. That picture was made years ago by a clueless mid-fi lamer. Worthless.

>but stax requires an amp!

Then why do the 650 and 702 have a red amp needed stamp?

Post pics of your Stax. Get out if it's under the L700. I'll suck your dick if it's an Omega.

>Get out if it's under the L700

Stop being a pricefag; you know it's irrelevant with Stax.

That's not being a pricefag, that's just knowing the only worthy things of the electrostatics lineup. Anything short of the L700 and Omegas just sound like slightly-better dynamics and is as unimpressive as the HD600s are.

>short of the L700
Let me guess, you got your Stax AFTER the brand stepped into the limelight.

>inplying I buy headphones
I'm on the speaker thing now. Owned Lambda Nova years ago.

>Doesn't include a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter for those who don't know
Actually better that way, as the HD559 being a cheaper tier Sennheiser, it would have probably included one of these pic related abortions instead of the one with the short cord to prevent you fucking up your gear.

Cool story indeed.

That's better than nothing, and for many uses sufficient. Like, to plug to the back of your computer tower.
As for the "probably", more like definitely. Have a bunch of sennheisers, and the adapters that came never had a cable in between ends.

>Amazon.com: 1k$
>Amazon.co.uk: 470£
Amerimutts BTFO

The m50x is not only more expensive but has more bass. I own an m50 from 2009 and they still sound great. Timbre is right on point, vocals sound better on them than some of my way more expensive headphones.

Highlights there:
>M50 is more neutral thus superior
>M50 has less distortion in the midrange (which matters the most) thus superior.
>M50x has bass above midrange. Melanin garbage.

M40x is kind of similar to the og m50. Plus they blew up in popularity a long time ago as I was recommended them in 2009 on headroom/here. Back then there were not yet 300 competing headphones at various price points.
Right now I would say the msr7 is closest to the m50 of the old days because there are so few closed back portables that are out and out superior to them. The number of closed backs that fold up or lay flat falls off a cliff after msr7's price bracket.
It's also important to realize that the hd600 and hd650 used to be way more expensive than they are right now.

do an ABX test so you can prove by yourself that there is an actual difference between lossless and lossy at highest bitrate
Pro tip: you can't tell the difference.

>It's also important to realize that the hd600 and hd650 used to be way more expensive than they are right now.
Eh, the HD600 is still 400 euros in my country. You can get it for 300 euros ordering on the german thomann.de shop though but most buyers don't actually know that and just get it from their local amazon.

In the us you can get them used for $200 or new in box for ~$270.
The user base of Cred Forums is constantly getting older and, at least for me, a $4-500 headphone was lunacy back in the day which may be why it wasn't as popular.
They're still the most expensive of the primary midfi headphones(dt880,k612). Would be nice to see them settle at $225 or something.

>In the us you can get them used for $200 or new in box for ~$270.
Which is about 280 EUR if you apply 20% EU tax.
400 is one thing, but 300 EUR is about right. That's just how living in europe is, you pay premium for everything. AKG headphones seem to be the only exception.

Yeah you guys certainly pay for all your consumer protections and shit. I had to pick a mechanical kb for a friend in the UK last month and I couldn't believe the prices on the stuff.

>That's just how living in europe is, you pay premium for everything. AKG headphones seem to be the only exception
Not true at all.
amazon.fr vs amazon.com prices for
AKG 702 : 130 euros vs $204
AKG 712 : 214 euros vs $328
Beyer DT880 250 ohm : 165 euros vs $212
Beyer DT990 250 ohm : 130 euros vs $169
Audio Technica R70X : 300 euros vs $349
Audio Technica MSR7 : 180 euros vs $180

Even for sennheisers, they tend to have fairly similar or lower prices in Europe, it's only the stuff built by irish drunks that's more expensive.
Sennheiser HD 599 : 167 euros vs $187

>. I had to pick a mechanical kb for a friend in the UK last month and I couldn't believe the prices on the stuff.
I can't believe there's people who think mechanical KBs are worth anything either. Membrane keyboards have never been a detriment to my typing speeds (125~ wpm) and accuracy, are indestructible and are an extremely cheap commodity. The only times I've destroyed a membrane keyboard in decades of computer use is by spilling whiskey on a couple of them. The mechanical keyboard "community" makes even less sense to me than people obsessed with wrist watches. At least wrist watches look good.

Do you even own a cherry mx brown/blue keyboard?

A musician might spend extra on grand piano keys vs synth keys, runners will spend extra on nice shoes, and people who spend all day on their keyboards want a nice feeling keyboard. Wrist watches are way more ornamental and senseless comparatively.

>a musician...
Non-weighted keys on a midi keyboard are absolute garbage.
So are membrane computer keyboards.

>A musician might spend extra on grand piano keys vs synth keys
Are you really making this sort of comparison vs two different computer keyboards? Whether you're using membrane or mechanical the output is the same: your written words show no difference. You chose a different instrument because you want a different sound which allows you to produce something different.
>runners will spend extra on nice shoes
So should everyone with common sense because cheap shoes cost more in the long run than decent shoes because you replace cheap shoes too often.
On the other hand, no, membrane keyboards don't die every 6 months the way cheap running shoes do.
> Wrist watches are way more ornamental and senseless comparatively.
The social, group mechanics utility of fashion in general, whether it's your clothing or jewelry, has far more impact on your life and the way people perceive you than.. buying a mech keyboard. I mean jeez, I really can't ever understand this. The ones that don't have o-rings are so noisy if you were working anywhere near me I might even consider killing you.

I can't believe there's people who think audiophile headphones are worth anything either. Apple earpods have never been a detriment to my music enjoyment (Kendrick Lamar) and vocal understanding, are fashionable and are an extremely cheap commodity. The only times I've destroyed a pair of earpods in decades of earphone use is by spilling whiskey on a couple of them. The audiophile "community" makes even less sense to me than people obsessed with wrist watches. At least wrist watches look good.

I have a board with zealio housings, sprit springs, and cherry mx clear stems with kryox lube in an aluminum case and I may type at the same speed as any other keyboard but I love using it. It's worth more to me than I paid for it.

I mean, you are right but honestly who cares? $100 will buy you nice mech kb that will last close to forever. If you can solder then likely forever, as you can always resolder switches in case one die.
I have tada68, I bought it because there is no membrane 60%kb that's worth shit. I like how small it is and how premium it feels. It's a fucking $100 purchase, don't compare it to wrist watches. $100 wristwatch is poorfag tier.
If you get too much into it (custom keycaps) then yes, it starts becoming pretty crazy, but so is audio past certain point. Actually mech kb are nothing compared to audio in terms of costs.

Let me guess... You've never tried anything beyond those Earpods?

MIDI keyboards are just sending 0's 1's with some velocity. I don't see the problem with his analogy.

Haven't you ever pressed a certain button and it felt nice to press? Then you can pick a switch you like on a kb setup and know it'll feel correct.
You can get a mechanical kb for 30 quid if you want so your point is just moaning to justify something for whatever retarded reason.

>The only times I've destroyed a pair of earpods in decades
You mean the less than decades those kind of headphone have been around? The same time you've been a live probably, champ.

Do you need a speciall pillow to sleep sideways while wearing your favorite cans?

Weird, DMS3 also made measurements after modding the m1060 and it showed a largely reduced ringing
youtu.be/uOCqN96eEgo?t=172

The ringing is minor in comparison to the glare around 2k. Play some female vocal trance, even from youtube, you'll hear it, you'll return them.

i don't own them, i just found it interesting that the measurements are so different
i wonder if one fuck up the measuring or if the mods wern't done correctly or wtf happened here

For me the weirdo part is more the obsession, more than an idea of cost or whatever. You know, like the people who will remain in a "MK community", posting daily about them. Mang. It's just pressing a button and a letter appearing on the screen. It's not a whore giving you a blowjob, a nice meal or an eargasm.

one of those pregnancy/hernia cushions.

hemorroids donut cushion?

Fitting for a sennshill.

But there's much happiness in using a keyboard that has a satisfactory feeling to it.

>Mang
You're a shallow person. Not sure why you're on Cred Forums to begin with going by your posts.

You shouldn't call people shallow because they are not interested in mech keyboards. By that metric, over 99% of humanity would be shallow.

>You chose a different instrument because you want a different sound which allows you to produce something different.

I meant a midi-instrument keybed, not an actual grand piano vs synthesizer. The sounds they're producing is the same from the DAW/synth module, just like the word output from a keyboard.

>So should everyone with common sense because cheap shoes cost more in the long run than decent shoes because you replace cheap shoes too often.
On the other hand, no, membrane keyboards don't die every 6 months the way cheap running shoes do.

But their are people who edit or type all day and do need the benefits of a good keyboard. For them, a cheap membrane might cost more in the long run in terms of efficiency and durability. Not to mention less than 6 key rollover on most membrane keyboards.

>The social, group mechanics utility of fashion in general, whether it's your clothing or jewelry, has far more impact on your life and the way people perceive you than.. buying a mech keyboard.

Yeah, if you advertise that you're buying mech keyboards to everyone and wear it outside as a necklace. But who is buying mechanical keyboards to stunt on bitches or impress people? besides as a reddit joke. You're comparing apples to oranges here, a computer keyboard actually does something important in 2018 and wrist watches have been replaced by smart phones for 98% of the population. People still need to wear clothes to function in society, of course the line between ornamental and function is blurred in clothes, but wrist watches are definitely in the ornamental camp.

>The Sennheiser HD600 have an average build quality. The open ear cups feel dense enough, to not crack or get damaged by a few falls. However, the headband feels fragile. Also, the metal frame that links the ear cups to the headband is connected by a thin joint that looks weak and feels susceptible to breaking under moderate physical stress.
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-600-hd600
>Inb4 rtings

Nice autism.

>rtings

Cred Forums's old opinion on senshit

Hard to not think of sen as a cheap company in general when you compare even their TOTL to what other manufacturers can give you for the same money. Pictured: something that cost around the price of a HD800, but also looks the part.

>listed at $350
>commentary explicitly made in the context of listed price is still valid

That looks good to you?

FORM
OVER
FUNCTION

also lmao at those steampunk faggot lookin ass headphones

Doesn't look like they went for either form or function, champ/

My X2/27 are cheaper than sennheisers and they're built like a tank.

Steampunk? More like what Harley Davidson would design if they were in the audio business. It might not be to your liking but it's certainly not any more tasteless than the space ship.

>Cred Forums's

I can also give you my very own Cred Forums's approved opinion on what you should do with your life.

is the o2 amp enough to drive LCD2s?

We dont want them anyway

Why should I care about these?

addicted to audio is where i got mine. That was years ago though

>He says as he gets literally raped on VAT and import fees

I don't need your opinion, I know my calling: rubbing the sole of my boots on the face of senshills.

Theyre like fostex but better and sexier
why shouldnt u

It's not my opinion, it's Cred Forums's opinion.

take the grill off and put the foam back over the tp.

Do I have to pay VAT when buying from the UK to EU? shit.

I thought you guys have to pay VAT on everything?

They look like shit for one.

>verumsonus.com/monoprice-m1060-mods/

he doesn't remove the grill which is the number one improvement. also 3d printed fazor changes the sound significantly.

not when buying from EU countries

ughm shit taste
that wood is sexy and the color and the thickness of the pads
its all hot

Cheap wood and shoelace looking cables china is "hot" to Euros?

Yes, you have to pay VAT on pretty much everything, what you don't have to pay is custom duty

Like which fostex? The one you don't own and never listened to or the other one?

but its included

the ones i read reviews about being shit quality and sounding worse than the denons
those fostex

The Denon look nice but the Fostex are sexier.
youtu.be/NtKXGbsA94E
That sweet red paint mmh.

the a1000z look pretty sweet in red too

So the ones you never owned or listened to. Got it.
I can give you a review of your life: it's shit, it's pointless and you should end it.

haha nice one m8
sorry youre jelly

>Made in America
>Adds 2-300 hundred dollars to the price tag
What is the point any more? The quality of made in america isn't drastically better any longer and as we can see by schiit, it tends to be worse.

Jelly of what? Underage gen z poorfag whose life is so pathetic he spends his entire waking moments talking about things he doesn't own?
Why don't you go ahead and buy those denon meme headphones?

Just buy equipment made in a first world country then.

why are u so obsessed with what i do?
and stop using gen z u redditor
go listen to your hd600 and cry you fell for a meme

Because you are annoying and turn those threads to shit, you retarded child. /hpg/. Get some hobby, you are clearly not interested in headphones so why are you even here?

>gen z
/hpg/, I am really sorry. Ever since the first time I've used that as a derogatory term here, which was, only once, on a specific person, this has turned into a meme in itself and a rather boring one. Every time I see it used since then I feel I have put a coat of shit that just can't be washed out of the general.

they cant get any shitter from my posts

How is the fiio a30? I was going to get magni but people say it's vshaped and I'm not spending money on a $100 headphone jack to color the sound.
Another option might be the ifi ican she amp

Which country should I choose that has more expenditure than the US?

Would the DT 770 pros 80 ohm be good for portable use? If not what would be the difference in sound be tweeon the 30 and 80 OHM?

>US made
The usages far predates /hpg/, gen z.
>bad quality
K, chinkshitters

The 3m or so cable isn't conducive to portable use. 30 ohm suffers in sound quality, 80 ohm should get just loud enough depending on the source. Wouldn't be my choice for portable.

Shit, I meant the topping a30. Not the fiio. Idk why I said that.
The amp part of the d30 stack. Is it good?

not good but they could work
just have a big pocket and stuff your cable there
maybe get a portable amp dac

That mimic cables guy could modify them into detachable judging by pictures on his site. May need to see if there have been any reviews confirming this.

Will upgrade to the HD820 once they're available.

I really suggest you do this. Not because I've had it done but because i've used beyers for 5 years and this is their biggest short coming.
That or buy one of the models that comes with it.

A pad change success story: I've always found the HD 4.40 to have a decent sound quality for a cheap bluetooth headphone but overwhelming bass. There's not many earpads that will actually fit their dimension well (you don't want something much larger) but the momentum 2.0 happen to have the same dimensions in diameter and they are quite a bit thinner. My gut feeling was that they could tone down that bass and surely, tone done the bass they did. It's still there but nowhere near as heavy as stock.
The way they sound right now is how they should have been designed in the first place. Still listening as I'm writing this and I'm.. actually really enjoying them. Wish I had a measurement rig, I'm pretty confident the treble got a boost too. They definitely lean toward bright rather than warm now.

Could always get the Custom Studio instead. They're basically DT770 with customizable bass response and a detachable cable.

L300LE is at CamJam. Anyone going there ?

are the sennheiser rs165 worth a buy?

Forgot to add that I have no idea when it comes to headphones so don't bite my fucking head off

>Radio transmission wireless
Don't bother.

spotted gen z
I wouldn't worry about it. it's mostly underage fags or commies projecting

>rs165
That sort of headphones are anachronistic. If you really have to get something wireless, get bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth tv transmitter. You'll also be able to use the same headphones directly from your smartphone and laptops.

>this is the ideal sennshill body

If someone called me that, I wouldn't even know how to be insulted. Generations are such ill defined terms now.

Do you own the MSR7?

It's not a meme, it's just one extremely butthurt ESL autist who constantly uses it. It's not your fault.

>The usages far predates /hpg/, gen z.
Just because usage existed doesn't mean it was spammed every single day of the week on every single general thread spawned the way it is now. There's almost no /hpg/ thread the past few weeks without some gen Z mention being thrown around and I absolutely am the culprit that started it.

>Sennheiser
Yes. They are the best headphone brand who makes the best headphones in the world, HD600.

Are you purposely doing this to get people mad enough that they just shit on Sennheiser without second thought?

he has been doing this for half a year atleast

No shit. He doesn't even own HD600s.

He has been like a bot all along. He has a couple template shitposts that never change. You could write a bot to replace him that randomly selects among one of his templates and posts whenever someone writes "sennheiser" and "hd600" and nothing of value would be lost.

And it works flawlessly.

I'm wanting to buy an external DAC and Amp that are as transparent as possible, something which I can keep happily on my desk for years, knowing they are providing an exact analogue version of the PCM sent to them. I would preferably have separate units so I can send the line out to other things/amplify other sources. I'm in Europe and the main headphone I want to power will be a 6xx.

I like these: aliexpress.com/item/TOPPING-A30-D30-Headphone-Power-Amplifier-Decoder-Set-Support-USB-DAC-Optical-Fiber-Coaxial-Decoding-XMOS/32791996296.html
as the DAC is supposed to be great and the amp looks pretty nice but I haven't seen any measurements on the amp and the 10Ω output impedance would make it less than perfect on other headphones.

An alternative is a behringer umc204hd or 404 as I am planning on purchasing an audio interface anyway and again the DAC is supposed to be nigh perfect. Though I've read they cut corners in a few areas such as XLR outputs where the inverse line is grounded.
I was also thinking about a focusrite scarlett but it seems like it's aimed at the 'creative' apple crowd, with a price premium and shitty drivers for other OS to match.
If I were to buy one of them then I would likely buy an O2 amplifier kit from headnhifi.com/, because most of the more modern alternatives such as JDS labs amps are only sold in America.

Is there anything I'm missing? The point where I never have to sift through the shite audiophiles write about DACs cannot come sooner.

Idol trash here. Horo a cute.
HD600 was a massive improvement over the HD598 for me. Within 15s I was rocking on the chair while crying from the absurdly good sound.
After a few days of HD600, I tried the HD598... ewww. They are mud to me now.
I've had HD600 for one year, and I love them more every day.

buy stax you goofball

Worse than a namefag.

>Budget
£150 max, preferably less
>Location
uk
>Source
directly from phone/laptop
>Type of headphone
over ear (would consider on-ear if they are good), MAYBE IEMs.
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
comfort is the most important feature
>Past headphones
HD598s (snapped)
philips shp9500 (really good)
>Extra Info
I'll probably going to still use my SHP9500s at home. I'm looking for a pair of headphones to use in public that don't look autistic but sound and feel nice.

>HD600 was a massive improvement over the HD598 for me. Within 15s I was rocking on the chair while crying from the absurdly good sound.
DESU it's not that hard to sound better than a 598. Be honest, Idol. You have the MSR7, don't you think it sounds better ? and it's a cheap portable closed headphone. Any of the great classics among open headphones would be better than the 5xx series of sen.

anyone? i want to get an amp for my hd600s but i'm looking to get LCD-2s in the future so i want to future proof myself with the amp choice.

I use a pair of M40x at work. You can get them either 100 dollars/pounds or right now for 79 dollars and I'm assuming 79 pounds. Easy to swap out ear pads, use whatever connection you want, make them wireless if you want to.

see

Yes, MSR7 is definitely better. The overall presentation feels more off than HD598 though, but close enough. The MSR7 win by a wide margin as their imaging makes the HD598 seem trash level.
Note HD600 mops the floor with the MSR7. No contest there.

Why do people praising headphones they like make you angry? Not understanding that other people like things you don't like is a hallmark of autism.

I'm buying the hd660s for that driver matching and ez playing off anything.
Most people say they sound better than the hd600 too :D
Then gonna get msr7 for a portable since I bought the gr07 and either they suck(literally every one says this isnt true) or IEMs scuk.
What are you going to get next person?

>They are the best headphone brand who makes the best headphones in the world, HD600
Pretty shit statement, desu

doesn't work in this case. has nothing to do with whether someone likes the hd600 or not. someone could love the shp9500 and claim it is the greatest headphone they've heard and even go so far as to paint it but at the end of the day it's still a $50 headphone that only sounds alright

The msr7 are colored but the definition is top notch, no mud. Still at home I do much prefer my open cans. I couldn't understand what was the big deal about the hd5xx after hearing them. These days you can get a dt880 for the price of a 598 or 599, buying the latter two is just throwing money into a garbage can. HD5xx are a trap.

>Why is
See

spotted the patreon subscriber

I don't recommend Schiit, though. Just HD600.

The Element or Magni 3, depending on budget.
Do _not_ buy a Modi: They are bad value.
If you want a dac, get either uae23 (sufficient usb dongle dac), OL-DAC or Topping D30. I'd personally go with the OL-DAC due to the engraving gimmick.
Has to be closed? msr7. I got mine from UK amazon weeks ago. Best closed I've heard.
Honoka adoracute. I'd pat her head as if she's a cat like > // i.4cdn.org/vg/1519017191503.gif
Avoid HD660, they're the worst of 600, 650, 660, by far. No plankton (low power transients i.e. detail) and crazy price. HD600 is the best, HD6xx the cheapest/highest value thanks to massdrop (but I'd still go for a HD600, used or whatever).
Going to sleep. Got under 3h last night. I'm roasted. Good night.

I need some anime saying
>Just die already

>ez playing off anything.
They only sound about 3db louder at equal amount of power given to them. Impedance alone isn't everything, you need to consider sensitivity.

660s are a joke at their price. If you want a sen buy hd600 and an amp.

Where can I find headphone isolation graphs?

>HD660S
Trash. See: youtube.com/watch?v=6t13YuPVOBg

HD660s are also darker than the HD650. They are the ones that measure with a dip in the presence area of that graph. It's a fucking joke for $500. If you buy these after being shown and told everything it's your freedom to piss against the wind.

I spend all my money on ME not others.
Yeah maybe you're right. I'm not going to buy the hd600 because it's ugly and has bad driver matching. The KISS modded hd650 measures super well and comes with a nicer cable and matched drivers so maybe that. I just know I'm going to get a sennheiser.

One of the saddest things to happen to this general is the plankton meme catching on.

>He starts bending the headphones
Holy fuck I expected them to snap in half.

Post HEADPHONES

ATATATA

You have terrible taste in headphones.

How comfortable are the bottom three? My headphones with an additional headband have been significantly more comfortable than ones with a single headband.

>believing the driver is not matched meme
Keep in mind only HD600 has that tonal balance that makes them ridiculously good. A modded HD650 can get closer to the balance of the overall, but will never be the same. It'll always be slightly off.
HD600 is magic territory. It's just right.

These nuts are magic territory
Hop on bitch

Want to upgrade from m40x
do i get msr7 or save some more for a1000z?

Bottom, you mean with the wing-system? They're all comfortable for me, but some people say they have trouble keeping them on their head so I guess it depends on your head shape.
Of the three, the one that feels the most secure is the R70X, but it also has the smaller earpads. Again, not a problem for me, but I don't have big ears. I'm fairly confident that, at their size, they might be troublesome for some people since I often hear people complain about earpads when they are at that sort of size.

DT990 poor purchase but I dampened it to be closer to the DT880 and I eq it.
ATH-M50 is good.
HE500 > HD600
GR07 best $100 IEM.
That's quite the collection. I would like to hear your msr7 and r70x.

This post is accurate.

>chifiman
HE500 isn't even better than KSC75.
>ATH-M50 is good
OK, D'Zebulique.

HE500 is a HD600 with superior bass response.
As for m50 being a nigger headphone, pic related.

No bass is pretty poor

At a glance: Considerably more bassy than HD600. Note midrange+treble vs bass.

HD600 and HD800 are the options. HD650, HD660, HD700 and HD800S are a variety of mistakes.

>to prove my headphone isn't melanin-enriched have a poorly-sealed measurement

>Americans come
>Hd600 shitposting commences
Fucking amerimutts kys and let everyone else have a nice thread.

>Snowflake frequency response curve
Post raw

Hahaha yes lets play the "I don't like that measurement game!".
It's great. /hpg/ more like poorfags avoiding cognitive dissonance general amirite

>When you're so retarded you can't google search time zones before you post your retardation

>do i get msr7 or save some more for a1000z?
They totally aren't meant for the same use. If you only listen at home and don't plan on carrying your headphone around, get any of the A line really. They are far more comfortable, big earpads, no clamping, wider soundstage. With that said, the MSR7 are one of the greatest closed headphone in that price range and if you need mobile use or don't mind the loss in comfort and soundstage feel free to get these.
With that said, I wouldn't invest more than on something like the MSR7, A550Z or A990Z for a closed headphone. If you are going to spend more get open headphones, the bang for your buck is more intense.

New thread

>yurotrash comes
>doesn't post his setup

>ATH-M50 don't have too much bass

hey hey gonna need some advice here

>Budget
150$ and less
>Location
Sweden
>Source
iphone se
>Type of headphone
not sure, all I know is that I want wireless (bluetooth)
>Open or closed
whatever
>Comfort level
comfort very important, wanna be able to wear without getting headache
>Sound signature
i liked how my koss porta pros sounded
>Past headphones
koss porta pro lol

help a pleb out

>ATH-M50 don't have too much bass

Post raw

(Raw)

>this retarded faggot even brought his cancer to the next thread
Holy shit.

HD 4.40

thanks they look good, are they comfortable on the head as well?

Headband and clamping force feel alright. They're not heavy either. Earpads are on the tiny side of the spectrum, but you'll be hard pressed to find any better bluetooth headphone for the price, whether it's in sound quality or comfort. Larger sized over-ear wireless of decent manufacture are quite more expensive.

How's the amp in the pixel 2?

Anyone tried the Sennheiser Urbanite's? I'm tempted to pick up a pair on the non xl version.
People might be turned off by their trendy look but the seem hardy and are supposed to sound nice.

Takstar Pro 82 or Status CB-1 is what I'd go for. DT770 if you're not planning to walk around with them on ever.

where can I get cheap hemorrhoid cushions?

why not the beyerdynamic Custom Studio?
they're the dt770 with detachable cable and £150 on amazon uk right now

The absolute state of butthurt HD600 owners

just buy an used one

There are also DT150 which are more balanced than DT770 but less comfy.

No experience with them and from what I hear there are some sonic differences between them and the 770.

The midrange and treble response is pretty much identical. The main point is the bass which can be adjusted on the Custom Studio.
Don't confuse the Custom Studio for the other 'custom' named beyers though. The Custom One Pro doesn't have the trademark beyer treble peak for example, something which the Custom Studio kept to faithfully.