Female Developers

Do you guys work with female developers?
Are they competent?
Do they work as hard as everyone else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dek5HtNdIHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Cred Forums
> work
I wish.

>yup
>yup
>yup

>yes
>yes
>yes
Stop believing that these made up shoots have any real world resemblance.

The Asian women worked hard and knew their shit. The white girls were goof-offs.

>Yes
>No
>No
Don't believe anyone who says anything remotely positive about females in the workplace.

Yes
Yes
Yes

>Yes
>No
>Never
MAGA TRUMP

>yes
>yes
>yes
but all of the ones i know are like 50+ and mostly work on maintaining decades old code

Fuck off, this is a whore-free zone!

sweeties.........

Had a female coworker quit because, and I quote, "The men in the office don't talk much and focused mainly on work.".

Well sorry to break it to ya sweety, that's why we get paid. To fucking work, no socialize. This isn't highschool anymore, get that job done and move onto the next one.

>yes
>no
>no

one of them worked very hard but fucked up everything which caused real world consequences for a ton of our clients. the other was lazy af, never did anything, and fucked up everything which caused real world consequences for a ton of our clients

both were overweight 30 somethings that held media degree equivalents and largely just knew how to copy paste shit or follow monkey instructions basically with zero actual knowledge. one also eats at her desk all the time and is probably one of the incompetent individuals i've ever met in my life. i think she'd actually fuck up making coffee

I actually do worth with females. They have their strengths and men have theirs.

I couldn't do some of what they're able to do such as testing and documentation. Glad we have them around.

Indian girls are out pregnant all the time, the American girls just bust everyone's balls and the Asian girls do well.

If you don't work at a meme cuck company, the females are usually asian/indian and pretty okay. If you work at a google tier company, they're all over the place and maybe 20% as productive as the males unless they're doing design "coding" stuff.

>fruit array
FFS make some ADT

>yes
>depends
>depends
people are people. some are good at their jobs and some struggle. what is actually bad is that you can't call a woman on her bullshit and socializing with them is a pointless minefield.

Yes
Some of them (20%)
No, again 20%

More importantly what the fuck sort of workspace is this? Who thought this was a good idea?

Yes, yes, and yes. The women who grandstand about how there needs to be a movement to push women into tech are the ones with no skills.

Yes, yes, and yes.

I think that's a classroom, dingus

The problem is that female developers tend to have more social and personal communication skills. Not a hard and fast rule, but a trend. So they get promoted to being managers pretty quickly. This kills the developer. They become something... different. Darker. Less than human.

Middle Management.

It's a fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

>yes
>somewhat
>no

I've worked with 2
1 was so bad I have no idea how she got her degree, the other one was good but didn't seem to be interested in self learning / improvement.
Yes

Yes
Yes
Yes

that's not a workplace, that's karlie kloss's photoshoot (karlie kloss far right)

Did on separate occasions. Once with Chinese graduate students each with a MS in CS who were great, and I actually admired at the time because they were so good and I was starting out.

few years later I was working at a university and they brought in a blue haired womyn xho it was pointless to talk to. she couldn't even write a nested for loop without copying and pasting it. she didn't understand types. she lied on her resume and was summarily fired.

Not true. Whore right here:

Yes
No
No

The ones that are good are amazing. They are fairly rare. The rest unfortunately make the rest look bad. Constant attention whoring, expecting to become management in less than 3 years, etc.

yes x3
literally never met a bad female developer

>yes, but never white women, only indian women
>sometimes
>sometimes
to be honest Indians put in a lot of effort, or try to make the appearance of putting in a lot of effort, but their effort is usually not very effective.

>very few, but yes
>yes
>yes

>Do you guys work with female developers?
One
>Are they competent?
I don't want my experience with one or two people sour it for everyone.
Do they work as hard as everyone else?
ibid.

In school, we have some female students and teachers. To summarize:
Teachers: "design"
Female students: "I want to do design. I have a degree already in media design, what about design? Why is everything so cryptic? I don't understand what anything does! The text editor keeps crashing!"

> yes
> yes
> yes

Though there's been a downturn in quality since HR higher ups got hopped up on the Diversity koolaid and started explicitly lowering the hiring bar to get in more girls. I'm not meming, I sit on interview panels and most of the new female hires are not even in the same ballpark as the female engineers I worked with when hiring was fair and un-fucked.

not now, but I did for several years. With the expection of the one good one I know, I am never going to do that again. Regardless if I get 6 million a year for it
>Are they competent?
I know one of them that was, there is always exceptions you know. We went to school together and she wanted me to change job and come to her, so I did as my job sucked
>Do they work as hard as everyone else?
No. They are women, so they are insecure, this is one thing. They by nature always come to you because of this.
>Is this how to do it user?
>I'm not sure how to do this, do I do it right now?

Well it's this, and they often want to get you to do their shit for them. They utilize boobs and ass for this as they do everywhere else.

Another observation, is that they tend to slide over to secretary like positions too. The guys always just keeps on pushing and want to out compete the others, as is our instinct. Striving to get better, faster! They go for hr, project leading and other such secretary like shit.

If a guy gets forced team leader and such positions on him, which you do. It's to keep control over the work and code and organize how to make whatever project/core/engine, and he will still code as fuck.

The women strand there, drops out of the technical shit/coding. And basically ends up with just that, gossipping all day, facebooking and emailing. Guys don't want to fall of the train by now means what so ever and get outdated, they don't care. They will just go pick up lunch for the office in stead and being project leaders

In my experience femal project leaders are always a disaster, because they simply drop out of all the technical shit

Pajeetas, some asians and muslims are fine, the rest are trash.

Yes 2 out of 8 on my team are female
>Are they competent?
No, they write bad code and get mad at me for writing rude code reviews when i'm equally as harsh for the entire team
Iv noticed they work harder to accomplish the same thing. This one girl is always running around super busy and working on breaks and stuff. I review her code and it's just the same amount everyone else has written while we were playing table tennis and joking around all day.

t b h the reason theyre still here is because theyre qt asains and we enjoy looking at them

> they write bad code and get mad at me for writing rude code reviews when i'm equally as harsh for the entire team
I've seen this with some of the chicks on my team too. The more homely looking ones don't seem to do this as often as the more stacked ones, for some reason.

Yes.
>Are they competent?
Depends on the person. They're no better than guys in that regard.
Yes.

My only issue is that if they don't like something or someone, they often won't complain, but rather leave the company. Dealing with the turnover on petty shit or things that can be sorted out is really annoying. Spending the six months it takes to get a new dev up to speed on a large codebase just sucks.

Only one on my team but she’s a freshman so she’s understandably awful.

She talks a lot of mad shit st code reviews though which is funny as hell.

10/10 will continue to work with

They are good for adding comments, renaming functions, adding indents, talking about pair programming, and of course, adding const.

That's because male programmers are programmers first, and everything else second.

Female programmers are female first, and everything else including programmers second.

>The more homely looking ones don't seem to do this as often as the more stacked ones, for some reason.
It's almost as if their entire life they were treated based on their appearance rather than their skills.

because they don't do anything good other than look good

That's inaccurate. They could still get by on their skills if they wanted to. But since they have looks, they might as well whore their way to their top since it's much easier than spending hundreds of hours of your time learning to code well.

yes

>Are they competent?
yes

yes

Girls in my company hate the forced diversity stuff and the same girls often do interviews and totally choose people based on their talents instead of their gender. So there is no GURL POWER bullshit, of course they prefer to have more girls in the company, you know, to have something to talk in common between them but they don't prefer a talentless hack that stays here for her gender. So what we do is prioritize female applicants for interviews as they are low in number, that's the only positive discrimination. But we never choose a less talented programmer, no matter the gender.

and also this: There was one girl doing this all the time, all she did was setting meetings so that she would seem like working, and the funny thing is that she got promoted her way to senior position. Everybody including other female programmers hate that little shit. Everyone knows she doesn't work.

It's not inaccurate at all. The prettier they are, the less experience they've had with people criticising them.

So? You want me to feel bad for good looking women because they live life on easy mode?

This. They are simply optimizing for the path that takes them to the top quickest.

not anymore, but we had one female programmer on our team a few years ago
>Are they competent?
She was exceptionally good
Worked harder than anyone

I kinda miss her because we got so much shit done when she was in the house. Shame she left.

Full disclosure: she's the only female dev I've ever seen in person in my life

There's 2 at the new job I'll be starting next month. I social media-stalked one, and she really looks like she knows her shit. We'll see once I start work.

The premise of female diversity hires in a nutshell:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dek5HtNdIHY

>I have
>she was
>yes

It was a sample size of one. She got stuff done.

of the developers i've worked with, half have been shit. as in, massively over estimating time to get stuff done, falling to feature creep, straight up not even working code etc etc etc.

>yes
>more than me
>yes, sometimes she is a bit undecided and needs encouragement but at least she's a woman

Agreed.

The problem is you believing females aren't too good programmers only because of emotions and men are good programmers because only knows how to code.

If i put those items on a scale, i think humanity, self-love and respect only exists on females.

Go on, you codebots, thinking you can fix the world with code when love is lost already and you have missed your feminine side.

Yes, women are great at many other things, unfortunately most of them are irrelevant to programming, which is what we are talking about here.

Nobody cares about your "feminine side" and how you are saving the world by just being feminine. Keep that shit in your diary.

Unfortunately I work at google... But the money is huge.
>Are they competent?
Lmao, the only thing women are competent in is like, clothes and shit? Where is this whole "women can do anything right" meme actually coming from?
Lmao

Isn't what she doing unironically a good thing?

HAHAHAHA

It is just that the majority of fags here don't even computer

Senior exec at fortune 50,here's my experience
Yes,though keep in mind there are very few female devs in the first place
>Are they competent?
Occasionally. Out of almost 10 females I knew(joined at the same time as me, fucked 4 of them) one was extremely intelligent, perhaps even more than me. One was at least competent, picking up stuff fairly quickly and catching up. Rest were basically dead weights and a liability, dumber than the dumbest guy I know.
Will have to say no. However, working hard is uselss in this field, and there will come a time when you'll just have to admit that brainlets will always be brainlets and no amount of hard work will circumvent the intellectual deficiency. A good example would be one where I had to interview some lads for internship and there was a simple whiteboard question for them, one "hard working" guy wrote every function from scratch, finding maximum, reversing string and all that, while the other just used in built methods. While the first guy worked hard, second one accomplished that in half the time and loc. But yes, females don't work hard, when compared to males. Honestly if it were up to me and not fucking Hr to meet the diversity quota, I'd only hire males, most females are fuccin dumb and I can't just hold on hoping that maybe one out of 10 will be at least on the same level as males. At least males are average, females are at extremes, with few at the positive, intelligent extreme and you can't just run a company with that

I work in a team (20) consisting mainly of devs and none of them are women or even women (male).

Arguable. However, you've got to agree that only people with her combination of color and gender would get called a Kernel Guru for doing so.

>Google Engineer
>Senior Exec at fortune 50

Not sure if you guys are being honest or not but at least I feel slightly better about myself for being here.

>Yes, one on development/management of our ERP software
>Yes
>Yes

Yes
No. Everyone were making fun of her today when she printed out few pages of key binds for her IDE.
Don't know and don't care.

lmao wagies
women are dumb, but so are male wagecucks

>~70 employees
>about a quarter are female
>only one of them is a dev. Others are either designers, hr, secretaries etc.

HR WAS A MISTAKE

My colleague works in a smaller dev company and the only women there are hired cleaning service and secretary.

>yes
>yes
>yes
However, she is a code Nazi, so I don't have much respect for her.

I work for a semiconductor plant, and all of my 9 co-workers are women. The workload is laughable and designed with 4 people in mind, but because they're always talking and going for a coffe break, management had to hire 6 additional people to meet target quotas.

40yr old developer here in an enterprise software shop. Have yet to meet a competent female developer. They usually immediately go into team management and or project management.

>yes
>most of them are
>yes

one of them is like an autistic genius or something, she doesn't talk much but gets shit done.

THOSE WHO CANT DO, MANAGE

POORLY

Yes.
>Are they competent?
No.
No.

There's only one exception and she isn't there because of her tits or face like the other ones.

The only female dev i've worked with was a better dev that our male team lead. She worked insanely hard and was intelligent, driven and ambitious.

I live in Silicon Valley although I dont work in the IT industry. But I have met a LOT of women at programming meetups and they have all been very serious, well educated, knowledgable. I have not yet once met a NEETbitch trying to cheat her way into a high paying tech job with SJW 'inclusion' bullshit

Ditto on the silicon Valley but you're lying about "a LOT of women at programming." It's overwhelmingly men and the women that are there are usually pretty piss poor.

Sir, you're outright lying right now.

Adding const to variables is not considered serious programming by men, faggot

I'm certainly a fan of const correctness. Plenty of others will disagree on using it.

only saw 2 girls once at a company. a new girl who was really pretty came in subcontracted to fix some code made by a fat bitch who was leaving.
theres everything in tech, but everyone is shit most of the time regardless of gender.