Hi Cred Forums bought a used Apple IPad HELP!

I went to archive.org and wanted to download an ebook for later. I need to read it offline, between commute, between job and school. But It keeps giving me this error. Can you help me please?

>Hi Cred Forums bought a used Apple IPad
Found your problem.

/thread

Enjoy your iThing

reset software by itunes

Yeah, no. Safari mobile doesn't have a download option. You need to use another browser or transfer your ebook from your PC with iTunes.
And the iPads and most Android tablets are shit for reading for long time. You should be better with an e-reader.

What is this iOS 6???

now imagine paying a grand for that

Press share and send it to either iCloud or iBook.

>Yeah, no. Safari mobile doesn't have a download option.
WHAT!??? What the fuck did I just pay for!?!?!

It's also not updating without giving any reason.
This thing makes me feel so powerless.

FUCK YOU APPLE!!!

God I wish my device could fail at the simplest of tasks.

t. too dumb to use an iPad

Give it back Jayquon

What's a computer?
What's a file?
iOS doesn't have regular files, what do you expect Safari to do with the download? Unless it recognizes the file type and can share it to an app, it can't just chuck it someplace for you to decide what to do with it like you could with a filesystem.

iBrick

there is a filesystem though

>It's also not updating without giving any reason.
Updating what? the OS or the apps? Check your iPad model and see if it isn't too old. Modern apps only work with iOS 8 or superior.

>iPad cannot download .pdfs
>It's a feature!

You're using it wrong.

it works on mine though

It's not updating the OS.

Good thing I only paid 100$ for it. I guess it's a complete writeoff. Thanks for help Cred Forums.

What tablet can I buy that can save files and update itself? Any recommendations.

Fuck apple.

Which iPad model is it? You can check in Settings > General > Information
And for recommendations, anything with android it's good for general use. An e-reader if you want to read books.
I recommend you a Xiaomi mi Pad just because I'm a Xiaomeme fag.

>paid $100 for an used 1st gen ipad
>didn't know you can't directly download pdfs on it

>>>/reddit/

Yes, but the user cannot use it without jailbreaking, and even so, apps like Safari still cannot.

iOS sucks at large files
also, that screenshot, what year is it?

>didn't know you can't directly download pdfs on it
Unless I was already familiar with how limited iOS is, I would rather expect any general purpose computing device or app runner to be able to do this. I've been downloading and reading PDFs since the 90s, and even a $20 smartphone can do it without any problem. Why would I expect a fairly modern tablet that cost hundreds new and that even has ebook reading as one of its advertised uses, not to?

>ebook
>large file

>also, that screenshot, what year is it?
He did say it refuses to update...

just load it with a flash drive