/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=R. Scott Bakker&column[]=author
portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to lick Naoko everywhere for hours

me too!

wut u think she taste liek

delicious!

can anyone hook me up with a sows invite ?

what's sows!

SowcreamBitch

I guess that joke didn't really work but this general sucks so w/e

like the best clam chowder you've ever had

Same shit, different thread. Fuck this general, and fuck all of you. I'll see you all in hell.

Bye!

kys your'areselfes

>I can see them glowing in the dark from here
What?
We are discussing signing up for public libraries with fake names so what do pirate movies have to do with anything?

>complaining about fast seeds available 24/7
>unironically wanting to download from 10kB/s australian niggers and the like

>I can see them glowing in the dark from here
Is this a homage to the late great Terry A. Davis?

fuck off

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? Fuck you dude

Another day another 10 mb uploaded on RED.

when are we going to get tokens on red again, and when was the last time we got them? Maybe I missed some, the last I remember were the new year ones. I hope we got a bunch of tokens when it hits 30000 users or whatever.

5 hours

t. Zed

End of May is midway between the Xmas ones given out last and the birthday tokens they will give out in November, so I'll put money on then.

red users disgust me

>News (none)
> Vinnie shills
> user whines that he gets upload see
> Emp delivers

see you there

at least one user who gets it

Fuck Ketchup901

>> Vinnie shills
Do you seriously believe the people dropping BLU into lists are actually shilling rather than being sarcastic? You may be on the spectrum if so.

>tfw this cunt is your inviter to half the sites you're on

epic

So what exactly is going on with AHD? Are they going to shutdown? They have been up and down ever since christmas.

they just stopped caring

Are you allowed to upload free Bancamp albums to RED like you could on WCD?

RIP RIPPY

I am, yes, but not you.

post guides on how to behave

1. don't be a dumb fuck

>at least one user who gets it
the only reaosn you think that it because youre a leecher. you dont actually provide content.

Dang pajeets on r/trackers

>tfw 50/mo of income willing to put towards new content but can't get an invite

check out Dr. moneybags over here earning at least $50 a month

thou shalt not expect upload on red

Are there anything worth looking at in HDB Invite forum?

thou shalt not neglect NW; they are the purest music tracker

I don't know! But I doubt it because once you're on HDB you're either on every other worthwhile tracker or on every tracker that's good for recruitment.

BLU and SB! recruit at HDB UHD class.

And the site is very slow if it happens to be up.

MTV recruits there.

What's the easiest route to LG on GGn?

Write a markov chain IRC chat bot.

who wants to write descriptions for 120 art books for me? ill pay you 20 cents per book.

jesus christ fuck trackers I've had about fucking enough

I'll do it for 10 cents

i feel uncomfortable about abusing you like this. 15 cents?

Today after 2 months (with 37 torrents) I uploaded my first Gib on RED. Hooray for me!

I'll do it for 1KB upload to RED a day

wish I could hard block those cunts

Is OT full atm? I sent a msg to the recruiter at EMP, yet I have no answer.

did you include your penis

No?

yeah

Same, Ampersand pls respond.

Yo /ptg/ professors, just got ultraseedbox HDD unlimited traffic, how many files at maximum you recommend to keep seeding?

All of them

I mean, what is about the maximum size of files I can seed to maintain good performance?

Does RED have anything by Jane Bordeaux?

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: user limits don't mean diddly and that goes double for oppaitime.

Which tracker should I join? AHD, UHDBits or HDBits?

is there some non-anal-locked trackers where I can find some moderately popular books?
In particular looking for R. Scott Bakker.

TPB used to have his stuff but now doesnt.

I want no interview bullshit or wait x days until it is open. That's a first fucking book i search for in 10 years, next one probably will never happen

gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=R. Scott Bakker&column[]=author

Yeah it has none of his latest works:

The Great Ordeal
Unholy Consult

Well, it is 2016-2017 works, been almost 2 years

AHD if you want advancement, UHDbits if you want movies. Just hold out for PTP, honestly.

>Just hold out for PTP, honestly
Is this still possible? Are they recruiting somewhere?

I joined PTP like 2 years ago but didn't use it cause how the fuck are you even supposed to build ratio there without a meme box

they recruit sooner or later. if you give up, you will never get in.

don't bother with AHD or UHDBits.

HDBits and PTP are the only ones you mentioned worth joining.

>how the fuck are you even supposed to build ratio there without a meme box

PTP is one of the easiest trackers to survive on, you fucking idiot. This is common /ptg/ knowledge.

Literally nothing is free leech dog, how can it be easier than AB when I can watch all the anime I want and still have infinity ratio

Ok, thank you.

PTP has bonus points...

on AHD, RED and GGn

How do you earn gold in GGn IRC by idling?

MAM is waiting for you, anonamouse.

Because of bonus points, retard. You don't need freeleech at PTP.

The leecher either has slow internet or his connection is already saturated by other seeders.

unironically
thanks for the clarification,
I thought it was shilling.

so you argue that it is better to seed (if uploader/source) from your home connection than a seedbox?
by the way having a seedbox doesn't hinder you from uploading new content

What does having your ports closed entail? is it a necessity to open them in a private tracker?

>is it a necessity to open them in a private tracker?

only if you want to upload as much as possible

what does a vacuum cleaner and /ptg/ have in common?
they both suck

Indeed, some closed ports can lead to you to torrents stalled to 0%. I'm actually searching some info on iptables to make a -m state RELATED rule so I can have those ports open only when torrenting.

Another day another 18mb upload on red

Yes

fuck off shirtlifter

neon sack of shit

I followed all the instructions on portforward .com for my router but my client still lists the port as closed

Are you using transmission by chance?

yeah 2.92

I knew, I had alike issues. Check your configuration alike, go on CanYouSeeMe and if it says it is open, try deluge at least for a test.

Even the website tells me my ports are closed

Then you did something wrong in the configuration. Check the router's settings carefully.

Does the application name need to be 'Transmission'? and whats the difference between port range forwarding and single port?

>Does the application name need to be 'Transmission'
wat

The Glass Castle 2017 720p BluRay DD-EX 5.1 x264-TayTO /* INTERNAL */
>The Glass Castle 2017 720p BluRay DD-EX 5.1 x264-TayTO /* INTERNAL */

Are you in?

No, it doesn't matter. You just need to put the port in the single port field. What router firmware are you using? Take a screenshot of the input and we will show you what you did wrong.

give me an invite NIGGER

UHD recruits at many low-to-mid tier trackers. You should be in one of them

You need to make sure your router config is correct and then you need to make sure Transmission looks like this.

Would you rather a suck job from a vacuum or from a /ptg/ neckbeard?

Router's a Cisco Linksys E1200

Why do I need to disable PEX and DHT?

You don't.

You don't have to. If a torrent is marked as private, PEX and DHT are disabled. But some people prefer to disable them completely.

DHT isn’t wanted on private torrents, though the sites are supposed to scrape it off uploads, in extreme cases (extremely embarrassing) they actually messed up and forgot

That looks right but are you sure the device you are torrenting on has an internal IP that ends with .125?

Yeah it does

You don't have to but it frees up connections if you use the same client for public torrents and it protects you if somebody does a peer injection attack like when IPT attacked BTN and PTP.

We're looking at you BTN! hehehe

And that's also the internal IP that is reported in your router's DHCP clients list? If you're configuring it manually you might have messed something up instead of letting DHCP do its own thing.

What's new with ItalianKitty?

she is dead, congrats on making her commit suicide

another day another 0mb upload on red

This is what my client list looks like

Hey guys, I´m I tried to find some example of rules with -m state RELATED because some peers has weird ass ports and I coudn't find anything fitting.
I'm assuming that if I set something up like
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 56712 -m state --state RELATED -j ACCEPT
I won't have to worry about some ports being closed since it will let pass anything that would be related to that connextion, right?

Lol what the fuck. You should have a list of all your connected devices there. Your router is weird. I suggest you make sure your router firmware is up to date, then do a factory reset, and don't change anything except the obvious stuff like wifi settings and the port forward.

If I wear tight pants, will that affect how effective my seeding will be in the future (assuming I can find a peer)?

Thanks for the help anyway. Realistically, how badly does this affect my seeding ability on private trackers? Especially on hard economy ones like RED?

>sets IP manually
>it doesn't appear in DHCP leases list
>suggests a factory reset
wow

I have 100/15MB connection and I have uploaded 500MB to RED in a year

Why did he set it manually? Nobody does that. Routers just handle DHCP automatically unless you reserve an address for a device. Clearly his manual setup is the root of the problem. He should let the router do it automatically.

It's going to make things harder for you especially on RED where albums get downloaded very fast, faster than the time it takes for somebody to peer to you, even. You need to be connectable on RED if you want to have a good chance of gaining buffer.

UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE. DO THE FACTORY RESET. LET YOUR DHCP BE CONFIGURED AUTOMATICALLY.

Okay so I switched to using Configuring IPv4 using DHCP and it gave me .137, and my device now shows up in the DHCP clients list. However, replacing the 125s with 137s hasnt made it so that both transmission and online port checkers report the port as closed.

*stop reporting

Is your firmware fully up to date? I've never seen somebody on Cred Forums use the default Cisco firmware for their Linksys router. Your 2.0.01 firmware doesnt seem like the very latest judging from a google search. Update it checking it again.

you should factory reset your brain

I think that other guy is right because the Linksys site says your firmware is old as fuck and why are you configuring IPv4 manually if you can't even keep your stock firmware up to date?

Seem logic, I wanted to try luck here. Thank you user.

>I switched to using Configuring IPv4 using DHCP

nigger what the fuck are you even doing?

99% of /ptg/ just lets their router DHCP work automatically and you actually have it set manually? Did your dad set this up for you or something?

No it was like that originally, just followed the instructions on portforward .com as I said.

how to get into ADC from AB?
can I get into TIK from ADC?

>manually set static IP
>port forwarding is setup to that IP
>everything werks

>grab IP via DHCP
>setup port forwarding for that IP
>be away from home for a while, lease expires
>DHCP assigns you a new IP
>have to re-setup port forwarding

>just followed the instructions on portforward .com as I said.

There's nothing on that site about setting up DHCP manually.

Listen to me. Just follow my instructions:

1) Update your firmware to the latest one from the Linksys site.
2) Do a factory reset just in case you fucked up anything else.
3) Set up your router all over again.
4) Go to the DHCP client list to look at the internal IP of your torrenting device, put the same internal IP into the port forwarding list with a port between 49152-65534 and make sure that shit is enabled correctly. Use the same port on your torrent client.

It should be impossible to fuck this up with those directions.

He clearly did something else wrong before that or the firmware is buggy, which is why I'm telling him to update and factory reset before doing that all over again. The way it works on my router is that DHCP is handled automatically and I can just lock my given IP to the MAC address of my device no matter what.

Explain why he had NOTHING in his DHCP clients list. On my router I can see my phone, my Android TV box, my PC, and my laptop. There's no way that's the only device connected to his router. He fucked something else up.

>Why did he set it manually? Nobody does that.
The absolute state of /ptg/

He should factory reset his mom

easiest way to get into ptp? TM on red?

AHD

have a friend invite you

>Explain why he had NOTHING in his DHCP clients list.

yeah, I have to admit, this looks nothing like what my client list looks like and I live alone.

Again, It was originally configured to use DHCP to assign IP addresses but I changed to manual as I was following the instructions on here>> portforward dot com slash cisco-linksys slash e1200/ (specifically step 1).
I have since switched back to the original and it now shows my devices on the client list. So now Im going to follow and factory reset.

if it's the only few books you'll ever look for just fucking buy them

Join TIK from their IRC

>I changed to manual as I was following the instructions on here>> portforward dot com slash cisco-linksys slash e1200/ (specifically step 1).

Step 1 is probably where you fucked up because I'm looking at that and it doesn't actually tell you how to set up a static IP for that router. It just sends you to a generic page.

The way its done on my router is that I let it handle DHCP, and then I just reserve that address it gave me to the MAC of my torrenting device. I'm guessing that you actually made DHCP work manually for all your devices instead of letting it work automatically and then just locking 192.168.1.137 to your torrenting device's MAC address.

Two albums, one from 2014 and one from 2017.

you shouldn't need to spoonfeed him about how to set up a static ip. It is elementary and if he cannot do that, he shouldn't be on a private tracker.

Port guy, are you behind carrier grade NAT? If you go to ident.me, is the address different than what your router has as an external address?

>muh special club only for special boys

Dude, he has a shitty $30 router. He clearly doesn't know much and he's at least trying to learn. Everybody starts somewhere and its ok to help people who are willing to learn.

If he were acting like a total angry sperg then I'd tell him to fuck off but there's no need for >muh sekrit club

He doesn't even need to set a static ip via the router. It can be done on his pm. That would be simpler for him it seems. I'd recommend for him to install LEDE but that would go over his head

crappy router user, do this
portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm

>friends

He might not even have LEDE available for his hardware revision. Best thing to do was to make him update his stock firmware.

what kind of interview system is that?

path to hydra zone?

another day another 10mb uploaded to red

Does RED invite from the BTN invite forum? I'm about to become a power user there and haven't had a private music tracker invite since WCD died

>he doesn't know how to find freeleech torrents on a gazelle tracker
Literally the same link across all trackers:
/torrents.php?freetorrent=1

Tight pants assist with peer discovery assuming you have a decent upload speed

Yes

Assuming you're not meming, hydra.zone has been dead for a while

path to your mom's panties?

Where does one get invited to trackers? I don't have any friends that can invite me and standing 2hrs in line for a 1hr RED interview is autistic.

If autism scares you then this hobby isn't for you.

O**aiTime interview.

Honestly though, I've gotta ask. I wanna get on RED because I torrent a lot of music and some of what I want I can't find, but it's not a "hobby" of mine to just download shit.
Is this private tracker thing for me? Do I have to actually do anything other than seed?

This isn't relevant anymore but I had an application with gazelle games. I just spent some time on it and thought out my answers.

Other than that you have to grovel in RED.

nah just seed, you don't need to upload anything if that's what you're asking.

Not asking about uploading, just generally being "active" in the community or paying more attention to it than just downloading stuff that I want and uploading them back.

You can get by with seeding, but doing stuff like uploading can help you in return via higher user classes or possible extra buffer.

>nah just seed, you don't need to upload anything if that's what you're asking.
Don't expect to get very far with starter trackers like RED if you don't upload enough to get PU, or better yet elite

>uploading
I meant seeding

I only meant need in the strictest sense of the word. it's not required.

hell no, these communities are autistic as fuck, just seed, download, upload if you can, and you'll be fine.

buy a seedbox if you want to progress faster, otherwise it might takes you awhile to progress.

this is my personal opinion though.

>progress
See, this is the autism I'm worried about.
>seedbox
My current upload speed is like 5mbps, I'm planning on just leaving an RPi always on as a seedbox. I don't download that much anyways and I need it on for other things. Does that sound fine?

uh, no thanks

Shortest path to cabal, barring user invites.

RED interview > AHD, PTP, BIB > HDB.
Then BTN from AHD or PTP.

Probably. As long as you don't need a ton of content, seeding 24/7 even on a shit connection will probably suffice. You only need to get into the autism part if this stuff is actually a hobby for you

You can download 20GB at the start without having to worry about buffer or ratio. That should last you a while, just keep seeding.

Thanks, now only thing that's left is passing the interview.
How much do I have to know? I mean, I went through their site and everything looks pretty easy concept-wise, but I obviously can't remember things such as the different shelf heights for MP3 bitrates and stuff like that. Am I supposed to? What can they possibly ask that it'll take two hours?

Yes.

interviewfor.red

read up.

dont cheat.

>trump a popular upload with a fuckton of seeders
>people spend weeks leeching 20Gb+ off my 120Kbps ADSL upstream
>nobody can do anything because it's an objectively superior rip

How many albums have you uploaded?

>What can they possibly ask that it'll take two hours?
The interview doesn't take 2 hours. You're just waiting in line for two hours

>SJ cross seeds your upload

is there literally anything I could possibly want on UHD that I can't get from being a member of literally every other movie tracker on the face of the earth?

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

all movie trackers are the same shit. if you can't get on ptp just get on any random second tier movie tracker and it's good enough

Lurk until something happens. Took me like a week when I did it a few months ago.

no I mean I'm on everything except UHD, but I guess that answers my question

0 why the fuck would I buy albums so I can torrent albums

>low-to-mid tier trackers
Which ones?

It's called reciprocation you parasite.
You upload music you have purchased, others upload theirs and everyone gains.
Burgers really are parasitic, even the street shutters contribute more.

Do I get anything for uploading albums to RED that nobody downloads?

*shitters

I don't buy any albums because I just torrent them

yes, high levels of site-wide retention.

>what is free bandcamp
>what are other trackers

You do it for the buffer. RED is a ratio tracker, not a music tracker.

300 MB someday

there's a thread in the forums where people offer to download your first upload, and then another one if your shit has gone unsnatched for a month or something

mmhmm. im guessing you just upload a bunch of crap and trick seedboxes into downloading your garbage.

Whoa killer, so I can make about 1GB and then I'm fucked? Nice, Zed

600 CD FLAC/Log/Cue uploads, 250 beatport WEB FLAC plus around 25 bandcamp 24-bit FLAC uploads, but continue being a parasite that contributes nothing.

ahh, i see, you just dont have a life lmao

>600 CD FLAC/Log/Cue uploads, 250 beatport WEB FLAC
Nice.

The music already exists on my server and it takes literally 60 seconds to upload each release. Over the course of 15 months it has taken less than 5 minutes a day to upload them. But please, continue to be defensive about your lack of contribution, sweetie.

oh i see so you didn't rip any of it, it's just crap you hoarded from what.cd

good to know

Are you really this dense? How do you get wcd from
>beatport WEB FLAC
You've done anger and denial, maybe it's time to give acceptance a try, honey-bun.

>250 beatport
>600 cd flac

and i'm the one who is dense lmao

2bh I still get most of my music from Cred Forums archive mega links and SLSK. You go on RED if you want to share (or get invited to other trackers).

yfw

Earning gold on GGn is impossible

what's the best tracker for 0day and software?

that would be ipt, obviously

it doesn't have what i need :(

>want an album and finally have the buffer to download it
>it's unseeded, it has never been snatched and the uploader hasn't been seen in over a month
I thought the point of making ratio hard was to encourage uploading and improve retention. If ratio wasn't so tight, wouldn't more people be willing to snatch less popular shit and it wouldn't matter if the uploader got fed up and went MIA?

It's not easy but with 2tb seed size, and constant double gold item and being on irc 24/7, I was making 2000g/week

bro we need da hard economy it good fer tracker yes i am profesional listen to me

that aint shit step up little nigga

excsue me i studied game theory for many years and this is why tokens that expire are better

STOP SENDING ME PHISHING LINKS ON REDDIT

Is Chromatics - Night Drive Remastered is on RED?
I'm considering trying to interview if it's not on there.

>Posted on /r/trackers a few times
>pajeets keep asking me for invites via PM

dont fall for this, its an admin trying to fish out ptg users by looking at search queries

>leddit

wew

phishing scheme

>perpetuating the reddit vs Cred Forums bullshit meme
wew

/marked/

i would never fall for those rat admins schemes

Boy I ain't causing trouble.
It's a yes or no.

you cant fucking fool us

How come some torrents I upload to red are immediately snatched and others aren't? Is there a basis to things being autosnatched?

Older albums get snatched far less. Current year albums get auto'd.

What trackers are decent supplements for PTP and BTN, while you wait 6+ months to qualify for the recruitment?

for tv shows, mtv and ipt
for movies, uhd bhd

>MTV
toplel

mtv is completely fine for recent and currently airing shows, they get btn uploads too. anything older than like 2 or 3 years is a crapshoot though.

Year, genre & format mostly.
Anything 2018 FLAC will get a lot of snatches. Mainstream rock or EDM of the past few years will usually get snatched immediately, as will prog-rock from any year. Some people autosnatch metal, others ambient.
There's an incentive to tag your files well to increase chance of it matching an autosnatchers filter.

I think the hardest part for me is actually getting my upload up. The potion for 20+ upload is really expensive.

AHD and MTV.
Latter isn't great, but does for current TV.
AHD is the best movie tracker available if you can't get PTP or HDB. When it's up, at least.

None. Once you have PTP and BTN, you don't need anything else for TV/Movies except AB if you're

Huh, Where can I see MTV stats? I've looked everywhere on the site.

>tfw I don't even browse /ptg/ I just gave an honest answer as to where I heard of RED on the interview
I-I'm ok r-right?

They post stats in the forum every couple of months or so. Probably fake though, i don't see why else they would hide them

They hide them? are the stats that bad?

idr how their stats are, I rarely use MTV these days

Can someone suggest a seedbox?
About to join the RED Race.

The MTV recruiter on RED wants a 6 month old account too. It was the same when they did interviews.

I'm aware, but I'm asking what to use until then.

why would you join the dark side?

*If you can't beat them, join them*
To be honest, I'm all out of FLAC's
Uploaded ~~49 groups and yet no one downloads my music, baka.

Seedhost. Which plan depends on how much you're willing to pay and whether you need buffer or just raw upload.

>flooding Bib with heaps of absolutely worthless garbage nobody but autodl-bots will ever snatch
Is there a better feeling than this?

how do i get into a private tracker and what torrent client should I use? I haven't used torrented in 5 years and only used public trackers back when I did.

MTV is worse than public trackers. PrivateHD has a good selection of remuxes and they have watchable encodes but only really have mainstream content. x264 sucks balls, UHDBits is has above-average encodes and a decent sit UI but otherwise is shit. Really, just use public trackers and wait for PTP and BTN to relax their requirements. It WILL happen, just give it time.

Read the FAQ

do not listen to a word this idiot has written

Try nebulance then. I've no idea how bad it is, but I don't think they have a min time requirement in their recruitment thread. Can't be much worse than MTV desu.

Seconded. MTV isn't great but it's a way better choice than public.

Does deluge have a plug-in like an archive list or don't check the payload on opening?

seedhost is the only real option for red

>it's animated so let's save space and use one screenshot 3 times

>what to use until then
IPT

That looks like a comparison to me, baka.