What is the ultimate privacy stack for a computer, Cred Forums?

What is the ultimate privacy stack for a computer, Cred Forums?
> Hardware
> BIOS
> OS
> Email
> Internet Browser
> Cloud storage
> File manager
> Router
Nothing to hide- and nothing I want to show you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2kNnTsgujIA
libreboot.org/news/unity.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Nothing to hide
They'll find something you weren't even considering.

Hence the thread. Any recommendations? So far I'm looking at
> Purism laptop
> Libreboot
> Tails
> Self hosted email
> Firefox
> Self hosted server
> idk
> idk

>ultimate privacy stack for a computer

Throwing it in the trash and getting a typewriter

>Purism laptop
>Libreboot

What did he mean by this?

X200/T400 or bust, nigger.

Half considering it, desu. Oh, and also looking for recs for a VPN
Explain.

Your privacy is sealed no matter what until you connect to the internet.
Then it doesn't matter anymore. The CIA niggers will know everything that you do.
If you care about privacy you shouldn't even use Cred Forums. The Google captcha botnet will build a profile on your through metadata, even if you don't associate yourself with Google services.

You can't put Libreboot on a Purism laptop.

Oh fug you're right. So is the X200/T400 really the only way to go?
How did Snowden not get caught then?

There are a few other computers that support Libreboot. I have a librebooted X200, X60, and T60.

Could I libreboot my X220?

don't be a retard, you only need to not mess up your personas
Airsealed server for storage, off the internet at all times, requires a password and a key file to connect to it through PN
Laptop for generic downloading, fake browsing and shit, but dont even try adding privacy etc addons, just dont search weird stuff through it
Main computer with tinfoil tier addons on browser, VPN + Tor for browsing whatever you dont want to be linked with (eg this shithole)
>email
Gmail on laptop, private server or burners on main pc
>browser
Google chrome on laptop, Firefox on main
>cloud
Only on laptop and only for stupid shit like uni projects
>file manager
literally w/e on laptop, terminal on main pc
>OS
win10 laptop, anything hardened for server and main

Also known as:
Anons guide to self-induced schizophrenia
He is partly right though, I remember reading some article about a ring of pedos that weren't caught for a decade or more simply by proper OPsec protocols, encryption, and common sense

>anything hardened
Alpine?

I use alpine as my main server is. No problems with it whatsoever. It does what I need it to do.

I just use openBSD with some security modifications for server, and Void on main pc aftered the hardened gentoo meme died
But just go with what you're most comfortable with and whats most realistic for you, you wouldn't want to try a badly secured openBSD over properly secured Debian for instance

no

>> Hardware
MOS6510
>> BIOS
Commodore BASIC 2.0
>> OS
Commodore BASIC 2.0
>> Email
Write it yourself
>> Internet Browser
The same
>> Cloud storage
Tape deck
>> File manager
Integrated in BASIC
>> Router
Dial-UP modem

old!=secure
Dial-up modems are some of the most prone to attack hardware to ever exist

You can coreboot it, it's almost the same.

>Tails
>Firefox
keked

Old = secure, because botnet sends stuff automatically, dailup won't do a fuck

What's the difference?

you're considering botney automation, but what if you get attacked?

Not likely. You know, for every lock there is a method to open it, including angle grinder.

> Hardware
BeagleBoard (without proprietary GPU blobs)
> BIOS
none(uboot)
> OS
GNU+Linux, or HURD
> Email
your own
> Internet Browser
emailing webpages to yourself from a secure server far away
> Cloud storage
literally, none
> File manager
standard unix CLI programs, less complexity less chance of botnet
> Router
literally, none

youtube.com/watch?v=2kNnTsgujIA

Maximum autism...

Does HURD even have a firewall?

False, you can negate attacks and obfuscate your activities to some extent online, putting up a fight against whoever wants to invade your privacy.
However, you do have a point. It has become increasingly difficult to have privacy online due to the monetary benefits for ad companies to know about our activities. Money makes the world go round, sadly, and there's no way we can stop this train.

What would it take to have a fully secure computer? What would it take to have a fully secure internet?

I've seen a couple startups who want to rebuild the internet, so there is clearly SOME demand.

Coreboot has some binary blobs, libreboot is a 100% free version of coreboot.

Oh, thanks senpai. Any chance libreboot will be available for the X220t soon? DDG isn't turning up any helpful answers

Here it says they are working on a Libreboot port to the X220, X220t should be the same I guess.
libreboot.org/news/unity.html

They had a preorder for the X220 Libreboot like a year or 2 ago saying they'd figure it out and ship either the libreboot X220 if they could pull it off by a deadline, or a corebooted one if they couldn't. That eventually got taken off the minifree site and I have no fucking idea what the status on that is now.

TL;DR: It could happen, but don't hold your breath.

It is fundamentally impossible to have "full" security on any computational machine, or "full" privacy on the internet. There is no theoretical way to fully ensure the integrity and proper functioning of any piece of software or hardware, and it is impossible to remain fully anonymous on the internet because it exposes public, identifiable data in order to function.

The only way to obtain some privacy and security is to join the rat races of vuln finding and patching. As for methods, many anons here have given some good advice.
Good luck, user.

:/ Can we rebuild the internet? Or make a different internet that doesn't use TCP/IP? Seems a shame to have the CIA niggers constantly spying on everyone.

>firewall
Literally only good for plastering over broken programs.

This

Snowden is a CIA agent set forth to tarnish the NSA that's why

Actually there's a very simple thing you can do. Install uBlock Origin on normies' computers. Once 60% or so of the web isn't even seeing ads at all, the business model collapses. This will probably drive (((Google))) and (((Faceberg))) out of business.

>librebootable machine (ARM preferable)
>libreboot
>FSF-approved distro
>self-hosted (on a Librebooted server + FSF-approved distro)
>icecat
>self-hosted (on a Librebooted server + FSF-approved distro)
>basic shell utils, ranger if you're too autistic
>any router which is supported by, and has LibreCMC on it.

riscv

>hardware
Use Librem 5 or librebooted computers. Librem or system 76.
Avoid Intel CPUs and nVidia GPUs.
Avoid any non-Toshiba HDD as others are backdoored.
As for SSDs avoid Samsung ones and American/Chinese brands.
>BIOS
whatever came with your open source hardware.
>OS
Almost any Linux OS will do.
>email
Protonmail or cock.li
Don't use email for any communication or anything personally identifiable. avoid services that require email if possible, avoid services that require SIM cards at all costs.
>Browser
IceCat, Tor Browser, PaleMoon, Waterfox, Firefox (in this order). Plus common sense addons like uBlock, uMatrix and Decentraleyes.
Avoid any browser that isn't based on Gecko, avoid any closed source browser.
>cloud storage
None. Store your data on your own drives. Again, avoid western digital and Seagate.
You could make cloud storage on your own network, on a separate computer.
>file manager
Any
>router
No idea. Most have backdoors and I don't know any reputable brands.