/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple / small / stupid questions here.

>for Linux related READ THE STICKY SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ddg.gg/lite/

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any newfriends creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

newellsoldboys.com.ar/
tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/index.htm
port70.net/~nsz/c/c99/n1256.txt
helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-barcode-form-fields.html
getyarn.io/yarn-clip/de936b5b-ead7-433e-b590-bf15275a7815
github.com/kibook/s1kd-tools
xmlsoft.org/tutorial/index.html
xmlsoft.org/html/index.html
gelbooru.com//index.php?page=dapi&s=post&q=index&id=1
gist.github.com/anonymous/2a0995ffd42a2ec132d6c69dacb63e75
stackoverflow.com/questions/4984853/mingw-libxml2-issue
raspinotes.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/setup-vpn-with-privateinternetaccess-com/
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php
pastebin.com/ZY24pGs4
host.host.com/directory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump, first, and repeating my question

>that's for one of the linux threads
not sure about /home/
maybe dd

the merge is gparted how to, there may be a yt video tutorial
>boot a live cd
>start gparted
>select sdc2
>partition
>delete
>select sdc3
>partition
>delete
>select sdc4
>partition
>delete
it may do the merge by itself at this point
>partition
>resize/move
that's my guess, idk if ext can be expanded while in use, you can also have a swap file instead of a partition
then you'd have to reinstall on sdc /which would be sdc2/

Thanks for the tips, going to try out an aggregate of a few tutorials I found online. Main problem is I wasn't thinking when I was going through the Debian setup, so I thought "fuck it, why split it to separate drives", then realized immediately after that there's a fuckton of packages I'd need, and that alone would probably fill up the SSD.

anybody know how to fix this on foobar

What version of foobar2000 and the youtube component are you using?

New semester just started

I picked software engineering (2nd year)

First thing they talked about is how the course is not about programming but how to "work efficiently with people" (aka corporate bureaucracy)

Is this stuff really practical to a codemonkey career? Should I drop this course?

Pic related: past exam paper

foobar 1.3.17
component 2.2.2

Being able to work in a team is pretty fucking important, but not enough to spend thousands of monopoly moneys learning about it. Find a course where they teach you something useful, like either how to write reusable, effective code or programming principles.
Pick up a book on the SOLID principles. You will be a much better programmer because of it, trust me.

> Should I drop this course?
yes. take compilers or security

Exam paper for 3rd year course

This is looking incredibly stupid and I don't know why people pay for this

Is uploading a doc file to Google docs and downloading it at home "lossless" or does Google docs have some propertiary gimmicks? I need it need for texts heavy of notes. It's for editing texts at library with a windows tablet. Is there any other portable doc editor?

If it's documents, then it should be lossless. Images should be too, but don't quote me on that.
Google has way too many server warehouses to care if your docx is a few extra kB.

I meant breaking the doc file that has editorial notes embedded in it and other more than text content. Doc files used to glitch when edited in different software but that was few years ago, maybe that changed now.

It happens on 95% of videos

Import Foundation

func input() -> String {
var keyboard = NSFileHandle.fileHandleWithStandardInput()
var inputData = keyboard.availableData
return NSString(data: inputData, encoding: NSUTF8StringEncoding) as! String
}

Why the fuck is it getting mad about NSUTF8StringEncoding? It says it wants a UInt not a string.encoding.....What the fuck? Why does this code work for everyone else.

Or an advanced level course in computer architecture.

How do I turn the Excel table that contains Name | Value1, Value2... into a table that looks like Value1 | Names.
For example I have a table like
X | 1 3 5
Y | 1 5
And what I am supposed to get is
1| X Y
3| X
5| X Y
I havea feeling that doing that manually like everybody else in office are doing isn't optinal.

i have a bunch of brother printers that are giving me a "Zero cross error". what the fuck does that mean and how do i fix it? can't find shit about it online and the manual doesn't tell me anything about it other than the name of the error

Save it as csv and write a program that does it.

Recording video on my smartphone it registers 1080p 2kbps as 14MB/min. But also 720p 2kbps as 14MB/min and 450p 2kbps as 14MB/min. Wtf.

What is this annoying bullshit? Using OpenCamera.

I'd like to stream an online radio through my raspberry so I could listen to it on my FM radio.
I've tried tons of tutorials and I can stream .wav files with it, but I can't stream the .m3u and .pls files, nor the stream link itself.
Could somebody help me out, please?

what could be causing my online vidya matches to lag, if they were 100% fine earlier, I have a good ping, 5 bars, and 0% packet loss? /vg/ insists its just because I'm on wifi but I just played a couple hours ago and it was fine.

My front panel I/O is kinda messed up, SPECIALLY the audio jack, wich i like using to plug in my headphones without having to reach for the back of the PC where the speakers are connected.
Is there any way to fix crappy ports like that ?

>I just played a couple hours ago and it was fine.
a couple of hours ago it didnt have as much interference i guess.
even if theres no other people connected to your wifi, other wifis or other signals can interfere with your connection.
also check your PC for backgorund applications using your net

Can anybody help me find a way to transfer my text messages and mms messages from galaxy s7 to iphone x?

I have tried move to ios = fail
i have tried wondershare mobile trans = fail
i have tried the only google play app i could find that would do it, octane sms = fail
my mobile carrier tells me they cant do it = fail
apple says they can only offer move to ios = fail

anybody got any ideas? surely there's a way!

What would cause my internet to be so fucked? A couple days ago I got fibre installed and now on my main pc every so often I won't be able to connect to most websites, aside from a couple like Cred Forums. Anything google related e.g. Youtube and captcha on here are fucked during these periods. Usually I can solve these issues on my own, but I have no idea what to google aside from "everything on the internet is fucked aside from Cred Forums". By fucked I mean it takes an infinite amount of time to load and usually results in a "page took too long to load" at the end or only the header loads.

Also I should mention the net is completely fine on every other device

whats your setup? just a standard router->modem? is your desktop wired? do you just use your ISP's DNS server or do you use someone elses (like googles)? what steps do you take to "fix it"?

A desktop pc running windows 10 over wifi. Just using a router/modem given to me by the isp, so I think I use their DNS too as I haven't touched that. So far I've turned the modem on and off, flushed the DNS, did the thing where you generate a new IP address through CMD. But I'm not sure what else to do, as I don't know what to google to get accurate results.

connecting directly with an ethernet cable will always be better than wireless. if you can use a cable do it.
also you can try getting a "wifi analyzer" for your phone and opening it to see wich wifi channels are more saturated. you may change your router to a less saturated channel to get less interference.

>where you generate a new IP address through CMD

that isnt a real thing, you probably just mean /renew/release/etc right? anyway that doesnt give you a new ip but it doesnt really matter in your case since your ip isnt the issue (as long as you have one). if its not giving you a dhcp error than you have an ip and youre good to go.

if i were you, i would boot into a linux distro on a USB drive on the same computer and see if it behaves the same. that would be a good way to limit the issue to the actual internet and not your windows install/drivers. if both behave badly it could also be a failing wifi card.

you should log in to your router and see what channel/signal your computer is connecting on and check the error log for any issues. you can typically do so with 192.168.0.1 (your default gateway)

How to get a user's logon history using the command line on Windows? The output has to be displayed in the command line.

Should I go for cst cert or cs degree. I would probably need to upgrade to get the degree is it worth it?

Is it still possible to modify the new firefox' css like you used to with Stylish?

Long story short, I downloaded something and it is packed as a .srep file. The folder has a file called srep.exe which I assume it's an equivalent to 7zip, winrar, winzip, etc.

What I wanna know is if there's a command to uncompress my .srep file while also manually telling it where should the uncompressed files go.

I have a problem with USB ports on my Windows 7 machine. Whenever I plug in a USB stick, the explorer stops dead in its tracks and after a while I get a blue screen memory dump and a forced reboot. But if the PC boots with the stick plugged in, it works fine. It's definitely a software issue because the same thing works well on any OS besides W7. Attempts at reinstalling USB drivers from various sources do nothing though. What could be the cause of this shit?

I got a displayport to DVI adapter, but it doesn't work with my desktop (GTX 1060). Works with my Thinkpad X220, though. Any ideas on a fix?

How the FUCK do i get a ISO9001 Certification?
I'm working as an IT assistant in a custom products manufactory and i don't even know where to start

my a6 3500 isnt moving any higher than pic related, if i try to change the frequency it applies in bios but doesnt show when i bootup

any way to fix?

should i buy intel processors or are they still fucked?
also, how true is the "AMD sucks for emulation" meme?

that meme only exists because emulator makers are too retarded to optimize their shit for AMD hardware

I need some help troubleshooting a boot failure on my roommates pc.
Motherboard leds and (((rgb))) turns on when the pc is plugged in, but it can't be turned on (not by the case switch, nor by removing it and shorting the pins directly).
We've tried unplugging and replugging all the connectors, reseating the gpu and ram (and booting with 1 and 0 sticks of ram).
Also tried unplugging the ssd.
I'n all cases the fans do not spin up at all, nothing whatsoever happens when the power button is pressed.
Google in general tells me that this is probably PSU related, but idk.
the PC is ~2-3 weeks old, self built and worked fine until he left for a vacation a week ago. It's been unplugged those days, and is now borken. Do we RMA the PSU?

How the fuck do I turn on legacy captcha? I don't see it anywhere in the settings.

There's no optimization that can fix AMD's poor STP which is what emulators use. Kys.

>using kys as an insult still
i see somebody is too young to be using this website

I have a 200 page book that I need digitized with selectable text. Now, I can take my time and go through it, typing it all down. What I'm wondering, though, is there any way I can automate the process? Has anyone here done something like that?

late reply but getting the beta version of the component fixed this for me

How can I convert a 1000 page pdf file to a Word document (.doc or .docx) for free?

Scan the pages then use OCR and correct it manually

>>Caring about it
>i see somebody is too young to be using this website
^ Indeed.

Cred Forums help please I don't want to click on all the stop signs it takes like 3 clicks

People have been saying "kill yourself" since I started using Cred Forums. Way to out yourself as a newfag :^)

so i have a stupid question

i havnt cleaned my browser history since.. i dont even remember, probably like a year

does it eventually effect performance in any way?

is there any plus to regularly cleaning it?

Hi all, I'm trying to learn about iptables and its related ooption, so I can just put one rule about torrent and it will manage itself along thje ports it will need. Am I understand it wrong?

Hello my friends. I have built a computer, however I have a question about the fan controller that I put in it. It is a lamptron fc-2. It is powering six fans, but it looks as though they are not spinning at full power even when i crank that bitch up all the way. The fan controller has three molex connectors, I'm only using one. Would plugging in more make the fans spin at full force? If so, should I use one PSU port for each cable or would a triple molex power splitter work just as well?
pic related: my face right now, i am very thoughtful.

What android app do you you to browse different chans?

Bought a used drive, and ran Crystal Disk Info, is it time to return this?

What is tge safest backup method? Recently I found that USB drive life is limited. HDD life is 250,000 hours average. SSD is much shorter. What do you guys think? USB drive TLC? HDD? SSD? Or micro sd card?

HDD and SSD are both fine. Make sure you boot up the ssd every few months, otherwise they're pretty interchangeable. Both have a few % chance of dying any given year of active use. There's also archival DVD/Bluray disks if you don't need to store as much. Whatever you do, make sure you're never relying on a single copy. The more the better, ideally at a different location or cloud.

Who dat cat?

Legacy is dead. Use 4chanX with "Captcha Fixes" and "Force Noscript Captcha". You still pick 3, but you don't have to take your hands off the keyboard, and you don't have to do multiple pages.

>Incorrectly typed windows activation key
>Now I don't get the option to input another it just goes through a constant process of trying to validate the invalid key and failing

How do I stop this shit without ringing microsoft?

why do I feel the happiest working when I don't have to follow shitty "best practices" and am allowed to have variable names like "x,y,z,x1,x2,a1,a2,a3,a4" instead of "string ExplainWhatTheFuckThisShitDoesInCamelCase"

KMS Auto

how do I play playlists in reverse order in mpv?

overchan is the best

history? no

cache? yes

Why do most budget laptop use 64 bit windows as their preinstalled OS when most of them have 2gb ram? Wouldn't it make the laptop slower because of using under recommend specs for 64bit OS?

a lot of new shit isn't supported on 32bit OSes

>overchan
It had trouble displaying images from 4x2 chan.
it gave 404 error.

cripplekikechan is retarded in particular

overchan works smooth for every other imageboard

whoismining says that this page newellsoldboys.com.ar/ (the official webpage of an argentinian football club) is not mining with coinhive but when I enter I see a miner script. Can someone enter and tell if the page has a miner?

open it in adobe acrobat and export it to a Word document

i'm a retard, how to set full hd wallpaper on my 1280x1024 monitor, without it looking like shit?

How do you download Spotify Playlists as mp3s?
The only working tool I found just finds the same song on YouTube and uses youtube-dl and either downloaded most of them live or as covers( Maybe because they aren't available on YouTube)

who the fuck uses mms

export it to your SIM card memory and have your iphone restore messages from it. should work for SMS at least

are you..... from /fgg/?

check if any torrents/network related process have started in the background. ctrl shift esc

But won't using 2gb ram on x64 slow it down a lot?

I'm trying to understand the C language, and how I can use it as effectively as possible. I snagged the Gentoomen Library but I'm not sure what I should consider a good starting point. Do you have any suggestions for a good C textbook (to start understanding the syntax, limitations, and to learn how to interpret the code by reading it) and reference guides (for the future, hopefully with the standard libraries as well)?

not really, it depends on your processor and how many/what kind of processes you're trying to run at once

x64 is just an architecture

K&R C is good but it has a lot of irrelevant stuff

tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/index.htm is pretty good

also just read the ISO C99 standard thoroughly after you're done with this, you won't need to read anything else

port70.net/~nsz/c/c99/n1256.txt

How do you organize your stuff?

PDFs, text documents, random images off the internet, etc

I never used the system documents folder for it is cluttered with random program data.

I want a clean desktop.

why don't you just grab the script itself and post it

also newells sucks ass boludo lmaooooo

I googled "zero cross error printer" and found it instantly

My ancient laptop charger had the wire just pop and smoke started coming out of where it popped.

First off, what happened there? And more importantly, can I just buy any old charger off the Internet that says it's compatible? Or should I be avoiding certain ones for some reason? Ta

Folders and sub-folders.
~/user/Videos/cartoons for example.

Because you a professional fizzbuzzer who never worked on a project that has more then 100 variables in total or that takes more then a couple of days to fully make from scratch and debug.

I've got a bunch of random old HDDs from old laptops/computers I've had over time, however, after consolidating all my data to a single 1TB drive, the rest of my drives are sitting around doing nothing.
What's something I can do with some old hard drives?

How was that site that had a lot of tests/coding challenges to prepare for interviews called?

Can't download it from anywhere. The links on MDL can never be reached and from everywhere else it's just a load of meme toolbars and the like.

Is there a PDF reader/creator that support this
helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-barcode-form-fields.html
Other than adobe?

Under what conditions are chosen ciphertext attacks mathematically more secure than just chosen plaintext attacks?

I was just looking at the 2, and while chosen ciphertext is said to be more secure, and intuitively so because its inclusive of plaintext, but I couldn't really think of a way to show that it covers some decryption method that you couldn't achieve with chosen plaintext.

Hey Cred Forums I'm learning powershell and I'm curious about the verb-noun thing.

Is it just a best practice / norm for a command or are the verb and noun SEPARATE commands that are linked trough a '-'?

Like in get-help is:
Get-help a single command or
Get is a default command for getting objects and Help is like a function or something.

I have 2 external USB3.0 drives, same model and what not, so I'd assume they've got similar performance. Since these are the results from over USB3.0, would it be worth stripping the enclosure to install them over SATA? I've got plenty of SATA connectors and cables to spare, so it isn't a problem.
Also, if I were to do that, would it also be worth it to just RAID 0 them or something to get some extra speeds? Or would it just be wasted on such weak drives?

Hey Cred Forums how do I put my virtual box guest in the same network as my host but with a different IP?

Imagine I have 192.168.0.x
And my host is 192.168.0.5 and I want my guest as 192.168.0.6?

I tried to search on Google but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for so my keywords didn't come up with anything.

I got it working, thanks senpai. Once I solve this unsupported hardware meme popup, I'll be a happy camper indeed.

I would like to set a RELATED iptables rule about torrenting but I can't find anything clear on the net. I will be good with the port and the state or do I need something more?

Trying again with this
Anyone know how to fix ranger crashing when trying to open images with feh? Only happens in a folders with many pictures(7000+), and I get the error:
>"[Errno 7] Argument list too long: '/bin/sh'"
So I guess it tries to write all filenames in the folder to open or something?
When opening a image from the folder with feh directly it works, so it shouldn't be a problem with it.

i got beta access to GeForce NOW (game streaming) but don't own any games to test with. And I don't want to buy anything which won't run on my t430s after the beta ends.

Recommend me please some free to play and hardware demanding games to try that shit.

ty

In VMWare lingo it's called bridged networking instead of NAT. That way your gust will get an IP address from the same DHCP server as your host does.

How can I route all network traffic from qbittorrent-nox on my server through a VPN, but nothing else (so the server won't become unreachable)?

What precautions I should have to clean my laptop regarding to static on my hands?

Ground yourself by periodically touching metal.

I used a program called Key Remapper to remap the zoom button on my Trust mouse to act as the middle mouse button in Firefox, because the MMB is rather stiff on this one and broke on my old Trust. Worked great for my workflow in Solidworks, too.

Turns out it's just a demo, not a free program, and it stopped working. Are there any other tools like this that allow me to remap a specific mouse button to a specific key, but only in a specific program or two?

ahk

Red pill me on free (as beer and speech) software licenses. Which one is the best? GPL? LGPL? BSD? or WTFPL?

For some reason when trying to play a game with my Dualshock 4 controller on Windows 10 it causes massive fps drops and the fps drop stays even after unpairing it. The only way to fix it is to restart the computer. But when I play with just a keyboard and mouse my fps are normal. Any advice in fixing this? This controller has worked fine for the past 6 months but now doesn't work. Only thing I can think of that is different is that I don't have internet access right now.

Ive just got a new job as a software developer and I was told that sometimes I will have to work from home. And my owning a laptop without a monitor became quite a pain in the ass cause 60% of the time Im just alttabbing between documentation and the sc. Could anyone recommend me 200$

PC is randomly shutting down and starting up for no particular reason. Happens once every few days. Should I just bite the bullet and replace the PSU? It's an old FX prebuilt so it'll be a pain in the ass. I don't know of a good way to troubleshoot this.

i have about 400 videos (mixed webm and mp4) that i want to extract the audio from
don't care what the format is, how do i do this?
i tried various programs and they're either too hard to use or didn't extract the audio of all my videos for some reason

im on debian with kde
is there any way i can swap between landscape mode and portrait mode with a hotkey? what about automatically changing the wallpaper when i do?

Best way would be to borrow a PSU from some other machine.
Could be a ram issue, could be blown capacitors.

Is there a way I can make the changes displayed in pic-related and not fuckup everything?

The 263.70 Gb and 27.94Gb partitions on Disk1 are partitions used by my linux install where GRUB is also installed. I want to transfer these partitions to Disk 2, which I currently have all my programs on.

I want to transfer all the programs from disk 2 to Disk4.

So, how do I do this?

dban and sell the bigger/less uptime ones
Keep the rest in case you need a quick replacement or decide to assemble an extra computer

Okay nevermind I just reconnected it and it is working now. That was strange. At least I can play some vidya now.

So one half of a previous post wasn't answered.

Can you track a DOS attack? Can any actions/consequences be carried out (say if I somehow manage to figure out the IP of the attacker, can't I report it to the federal government)?
Yeah I heard DynIP is a solution, but I don't have that atm. I don't just want to constantly change my IP just because I beat some mad kid online.

Don't do it. It is illegal and they will easilly trace you.

A DDOS on the other hand...

I meant someone DOSing me, not the other way around.

of cooouurrrsseee you do

*wink wink*

What's the best free app to transfer files to and from an Android device? I've used AirDroid, is it still good or did it get chinkbotted?

Uh... just plug it in via USB????!??

I'm being serious. Some shitter DOS me in COD WWII (it was a gift and I only play it with friends) because they somehow pulled my IP address.
This has happened twice now and it's annoying as fuck.

I can use ADB on my own computer but not on other people's devices.

>some shitter denial of service me

shareIT
works android-android and android-pc

My internet was shut down and I don't think some random kid online was able to DDOS, just DOS.
I just want to know if I can track or figure out who DOS'd me and if I can report the fucker, it is illegal.

>my internet went down
>obviously this was a DOS attack and not just my internet going down for some other reason
the state of Cred Forums

He specifically said in text chat he was going to shut my internet down. Then a minute later my internet was down for like an hour minimum.
If you're not going to be helpful then fuck off.

Bumping this - 144K power on count, but only 22.7K power on hours. This drive has been turned on 6.1 times for every hour it's been on.

For comparison, my 7 year old 1TB gaming harddrive is only sitting at 1.3K power on count and 45k power on hours.

Will this drive fail in the future, should I not even bother putting anything on it? Or is it safe to throw some shit on it and use it as a backup option?

fine, i'll be helpful.
no you cannot track this "kid" down, he probably used a dos-ing service which even if you could track down you probably couldn't do anything about it.
unless he owns a enterprise grade internet connection i doubt his own router could kill yours

what laptop do you have

That's chinkbotshit, looks worse than AirDroid. Is there something that isn't fucking evil? Maybe even an open source app?

God fucking dammit it actually worked after half an hour of attempting to progam it. Thanks a lot.

But now you know how to use it so it will be easy next time. It's quite a usefull tool in a lot of other situtations.

Well fuck. Thanks.
Guess I should just invest into a VPN then and try to change my IP address to dynamic from my ISP. Not even the Command Line ping spam can be tracked? This is all so fucking dumb that little kids can do this shit and get away with it just because they cant git gud.

I have a DVD-R and I want to turn it into a .ISO

What's the best software?

a microscope, recreate those ones and zeroes

dd

Is it possible to write desktop clients for google services like google translate,youtube ect?
I am utterly sick of using my browser for such tasks.

what's dd?

What should I do now I have nothing to eat since my cat ate my entire dinner when I wasn't looking?

You can survive at lest 7 days without any food whatsoever.

>not having a pack or two of ramen around just in case
uhhh

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/de936b5b-ead7-433e-b590-bf15275a7815

ideapad 700-15

Is it fine to do the tuneups with wise registry cleaner?

Did Terry remove After Egypt from TempleOS? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I have a used T420 that has a Windows 7 key under the battery, is there a way for me to check if it's still usable without trying to install Windows with it?

On laptops the key is normally an OEM.

What are some good temp email sites? I forgot them. Need one for Twitter just to inform someone of something.

>had random latency spikes that would last for hours
>replaced all the equipment and turned off anything that's not the direct ethernet connection to the PC
>shut down all connections/updates/torrents until network traffic was 0%
>Traceroute says the first hop is the culprit
>went to ISP with this information
>they increased my speeds for a week as a diagnosis test
>latency gone

What could be the issue here? Also the spikes were a recent issue, I went a year with no problems on the same equipment/setup with nothing changed.

This might be a very stupid question but how do I turn off the screen on an AndroidOne phone?

I have a Xiaomi Mi A1 and 90% of the time when I press the power button to turn the screen off, the camera turns on. I don't even get what changes the behavior between those two.

Same for when I want to unlock the phone. Press power button and 9 out of 10 it opens the camera. At least I can use the fingerprint thingy and the phone simply unlocks. But no such workaround for turning it off.

After wasting a lot more time than I should've I had almost made Tree Style Tabs usable again. What I've come up with is adding this to userchrome.css

/* Hide horizontal tab toolbar */
#TabsToolbar {
visibility:collapse!important;
}

/* Hide sidebar "tree style tab" title */
#sidebar-box[sidebarcommand="treestyletab_piro_sakura_ne_jp-sidebar-action"] #sidebar-header {
display: none;
}

/*hide shitty not-titlebar with min, max, close buttons that appears after you hide horizontal tab toolbar, even if you have titlebar turned of in 'customize' options */
#titlebar { visibility:collapse!important;}

/* move address bar a bit lower so it doesn't appear clipped */
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #nav-bar {
margin-top: 5px;
}

Already better than what the maintainer of TST tells you to do, but still not good enough. Anybody knows what do I need to add to remove the invisible close, minimise, expand buttons that are still clickable if you move the mouse all the way down?
inb4 removing the last part of code doesn't help with that

anyone here have any experience with libxml?
i've read a tutorial but i don't get what's happening
perhaps if i'd see the easiest example i would be able to uderstand which functions do what
all i need is to get data from one of the attributes (nodes or however they're called)

>*all the way up

Mailinator. There's some alias domains like zippymail dot info but that's the only one I remember.

You could use electron for opening their website like they were desktop clients. Translate has an API so you could build an entirely native client. One thing you could try is using Android apps on desktop. Google had something to make them run without an emulator.

Still no hack to switch to tab on mouse over in Quantum?

For weeks now my Win 10 PC has been crashing once or twice a day, despite several reformats. In Event Viewer, I always see this message about virtual memory. I've got 32 gigs of memory and I haven't messed with the page file. I tried running MemTest for 8 hours and it didn't find anything wrong. Any clues?

Any way to get past the walls on linkedin? I want to find more information out about companies I an apply for. I made a fake account, but i need 30 connections before i get anything. Is there a way around this?

I would remove a stick of ramm and see what happens, and you could alternate the 4 sticks of ramm you have. Also check what kind of settings you have in your UEFI. have you checked a resource monitor for a memory leak?

you could an app that locks the phone instead of a button. Double check what kind of settings you have for your buttons. Also change the default camera app and see if that changes anything.

Check that you do have a pagefile. You need one even if you really don't because Windows.

make 30 more accounts and link them together?

Yep, it's there. I'm basically on a stock 2 days old Win 10 install now and I haven't installed anything stupid either. The only thing that I'm wary of is my Wacom driver that I've got installed. Sometimes it's seemed like it's eaten shittons of memory and crashed the computer. Haven't seen any messages about it last few times though.

Thanks. UEFI should be fine. The PC worked great for several months and only started doing this lately.

I'll try Resource Monitor. If my PC crashes again I'll run on 2 of 4 sticks and see what happens.

Anyone?

Google pivot table

I use it a lot, one of my current projects uses it heavily:
github.com/kibook/s1kd-tools

They have a tutorial on their site:
xmlsoft.org/tutorial/index.html
and the API documentation:
xmlsoft.org/html/index.html

If you can give more details on what you're stuck on I can probably help better. Like give a minimum example of your XML document and what you want to retrieve from it.

If you're going to be using it a lot I would also definitely suggest learning learning XPath and how to use xpath.h to evaluate XPath expressions.

have a rooted moto g (peregrine), thinking on installing lineage into it, there's versions 14.1 and 15.1 available but 15.1 is unofficial and still being updated and tweaked.
Any reason to stick to either of them over the other such as one having notorious problems? Are there any better roms in your opinion?

I bet other Readers would, but it would be a feature that you would have to pay for.

AFAIK no

I have an old SD card and i want to plug it into my current phone. Will that erase any of my files?

their tutorials don't tell me much
for the sake of simplicity, let's say that i have for example this xml data:
gelbooru.com//index.php?page=dapi&s=post&q=index&id=1
nicely converted to a xmlchar (stored in memory) and i want to retrieve file_url data from it. should i share part of the code i have so far?

Short answer is no. Youll have to shut the phone off before you can put it in though. DO not say yes if it asks to "Format" anything, cause "formatting" is what deletes stuff.

Is there a way to make firefox uses TLS 1.1 on certain website?

depends, there is no one best from my limited know. i would use bsd/mit if i had something obscure, small and cool i like to share which someone might find useful but for something with bigger potential impact i'd use gpl2 (see minix)

the one built in chrom (which is a fork of foxit)
have you tried sumatra?

eat the cat

for unix like -- cdrtools
for win -- cdrtfe

ffmpeg -i videos -c copy -vn audios
videos would have to be a list like
ls viddir/ > videos
duno about the multiple outputs

center

For some reason Cred Forums didn't like the C code I tried to include. Here's an XPath example with libxml:
gist.github.com/anonymous/2a0995ffd42a2ec132d6c69dacb63e75

This is assuming you have a document like:

To get the attribute "example", the expression is:
/foo/bar/@example

>should I share part of the code I have so far
Always a good idea.

Coincidentally this is almost exactly like the above example, with an expression of:
/posts/post/@file_url

Since you're only interested in reading the one string value you could also do
string(/posts/post/@file_url)
and take the xmlChar * stored in obj->stringval (for robustness, testing if obj->type == XPATH_STRING before attempting to read stringval)

>have you tried sumatra?
I should have mentioned I'm using Linux.
I've tried zathura,qpdfview,okular, PDF.js
And none seem to support it.

No idea. I also have this problem but the buttons are visible for me all the time.

wait. i need moment to analyze everything

What's the point of graphics cards having sound codecs when most TV's and especially monitors have horrible sound quality? Is it just so cheap there's really no reason not to? I wouldn't even cal myself an audiophile but I was surprised how bad my relatively high end monitor sounded over DisplayPort. There's no amplification and it sounds like a 128kb mp3.

oh ffs...i got undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree' so i guess i fucked up with the linker options again...
anyway, if i understand correctly, the last cout should give me the desired link?

Yes. You can remove the puts() of course, that's just printing the string in C.

can i from home install few programs on external hard drive and then run them on my pc at work?
nothing too extreme or special, just vlc and some modeling software

If it makes you feel any better, I am still running about 8-9 year old WD640 black and i use it daily.
I wouldn't really worry about the power on count unless it is wrong. which it very well may be.
Try to verify that number with another testing program. as you stated
drive has been turned on 6.1 times for every hour it's been on.
whic just doesnt make sense really

I'd just put it through it's paces of tests, and make sure it doesn't have bad/reallocated sectors, passes smart

>here is my wd640 for the sake of showing it.
>ignore the anime shit, i'm not a weeb

Yep, search for portable versions.

Is there a alternative to Google Images search?

direct sata 300/600 is going to perform way better than USB
for shits and giggles i'd take it out of the enclosure and run another test via SATA
The only real benefit of external USB's are portability and easy of interface with other machines/devices.

god dammit. why only this function?
what header does that xmlFee() need?

why do i need portable versions? can't i just do a normal install, but just select external hard drive while doing so and then when i plug it into the other machine is like its already installed there?

Does using a VPN attract more attention from your ISP?

Sometimes programs will look for configs and such in the user directory (%appdata% for example) and not in their install dir.
Using a portable assures that this doesn't happen and you get no errors with missing dependencies.

It's defined in globals.h, but I'd expect it to be pulled in by any of the other headers.

What are some decent 26"+ monitors for under 200 bucks

Is it safer to browse and view PornHub in a Linux Mint VM running on VirtualBox on my Windows 7 Pro rather than just viewing it on Windows?

nothing google-related is working on my wifi. google, youtube, etc all just say "connection was reset" or "X took too long to respond". happens on all my browsers and devices. 4G on my phone works just fine with google though. Tried unplugging modem/router for a while as well, it did nothing.
what the heck is happening? Is my ISP just going full retard and blocking google or something?

>attention
depends what you mean by this

not really

did you recently setup a pihole or some other router level adblock?

it's typical. i have the code right but can't make it work because god knows why compiler is not happy
of course if i // xmlfree() then everything works fine but my guess is that it's a very important function and i absolutely have to use it so now i have to figure out what the hell is wrong

I have a dual-boot system; Windows 10 and Linux Mint. I'm trying to allocate free space to the Linux partition (which has run out of space) but I am unable to do so.

use gparted and extend the linux partition
pretty sure you can also shrink the windows partition if needed for the extra space

>browsing porn is unsafe

lol

You'll just have a memory leak. xmlNodeGetContent allocates memory so you should free it when you're done with it. If you only call it once though it's not a huge deal but be careful if it's used in a loop as each iteration will consume more and more memory that never gets free'd.

The new mac charges via the USB-C port. Does this mean all devices with a rechargable battery can charge if it has a USB-C port?

No, I dont have anything like that connected to my router

What other program can I use to check smart shit? I think CrystalDisk is just fucked since it also doesn't show the RPM.

But I can copy movies and games to the drive at ~11MB/s and it works fine, so I think the drive it good?

yes

do you use a vpn? I'm just trying to figure out if anything has recently changed for you that could be causing the problems.

Of course while you should get if fixed, there's other alternatives you could try. Using the second XPath expression, the memory for the string is allocated as part of the xmlXPathObject and is free'd with it when you call xmlXPathFreeObject, so no need to explicitly call xmlFree:

obj = xmlXPathEvalExpression(BAD_CAST "string(/foo/bar/@example)", ctx);

if (obj->type == XPATH_STRING) {
std::cout stringval;
}

xmlXPathFreeObject(obj);

Thanks senpai. I already took out 5GB of unallocated space from the Windows partition but I was not able to be extend the Linux partition into it.

I'll try gparted.

I should state that it's 11MB/s from my NAS, and ~115MB/s from drive to drive while both are plugged into the computer.

Are there any drivers for hardware I shouldn't bother installing? I've heard things about nvidia geforce, should I avoid it?

yeah geforce isn't really a driver, it's a program that will auto update your drivers but also comes with a shit ton of other bloat and analytics.
If you go to the manufacturer's website only download and install the drivers that aren't titled something like "game center," because those aren't necessary.

so i googled the problem, skipping all the "solutions" that tell to patch the headers, which is waaay beyond the knowledge of a beginner such as me, and found this:
stackoverflow.com/questions/4984853/mingw-libxml2-issue
i don't get why something like f(x) can be a variable but lano1106 said that i can use free(). tried it, it works. i guess i'll manage to work things out from this and the example you provided
i'll keep that as well in case i'll have a problem with memory
one more thing: if i want to get two values at once, i just have to do this part twice or is duplicating variables enough?
obj = xmlXPathEvalExpression(BAD_CAST "/posts/post/@file_url",ctx);

if (!xmlXPathNodeSetIsEmpty(obj->nodesetval))
{
xmlChar *value = xmlNodeGetContent(obj->nodesetval->nodeTab[0]);

Windows DLG
Speedfan
HDDScan
HDtune
WinDFT
SIV
pretty much any decent diagnostic software will tell you smart info

Thanks for the help.

When I've downloaded it in the past it has always made my boot time 30mins+. Would changing startup from automatic to automatic (delayed start) work? Or would you still recommend going straight to the source and just doing the drivers manually?

also:
Victoria
Speccy

is it a linux server?

>it has always made my boot time 30mins+
that's a bit strange and I've never experienced that, but it's been years since I last had an nvidia card.
I can't answer for sure if changing it to delayed start would help, but it sounds like it's the right thing to do.
If that doesn't solve the issue maybe look online if other people have faced a similar problem and see if they had any luck figuring it out.

Yes, Debian. I tried doing something with openvpn, but it went to hell. Plz halp.

In which cases registry cleaning is actually advised (and why it's generally not)?

>depends what you mean by this
Any kind of attention

when you have leftovers from programs that are long gone from your system

oh and to answer your question
it's probably fine if it passes your tests like i said in my prev post

just noting I'm getting anywhere from 45-70mb/s when transfering files to my wd640 drive, but my drive is different than yours along with my pc setup etc

they will know you are using a vpn, but they cannot/will not do anything about it.
ISPs really do not give a shit about what you're doing with your internet. They'd much rather have you paying them for service than worry about whether or not everything you're doing is legal.
That's why when people get caught torrenting the ISP only sends a letter out of obligation, but they will almost never act on it.

Nope, no vpn
My setup is very basic, just the router and modem the internet was installed with

Bing image search, it is unironically better

Seriously none of you knows about it?

try

sage advice tbhfamalam

I guess you don't really need the check actually, the XPath string() function will always return a string even if /foo/bar/@example doesn't exist in the document. So just
obj = xmlXPathEvalExpression(BAD_CAST "string(foo/bar/@example)", ctx);
std::cout stringval;
xmlXPathFreeObject(obj);

Free should be fine, as you saw with (char *) value in my example you can cast xmlChar * to char * without problems if there are no non-ASCII characters in the string.

You can do it twice, or write a function if you're going to want to retrieve multiple values.
xmlChar *getFirstValueByXPath(xmlDocPtr doc, xmlChar *expr)
{
xmlXPathContextPtr ctx;
xmlXPathObjectPtr obj;
xmlChar *value;

ctx = xmlXPathNewContext(ctx);
obj = xmlXPathEvalExpression(expr, ctx);

if (xmlXPathNodeSetIsEmpty(obj->nodesetval)) {
value = BAD_CAST "";
} else {
value = xmlNodeGetContent(obj->nodesetval->nodeTab[0]);
}

xmlXPathFreeObject(obj);
xmlXPathFreeContext(ctx);

return value;
}
This returns the xmlChar * value of the first node matched by the expression, or an empty string if the expression returns no nodes. Use it like:
value = getFirstValueByXPath(xml_doc, BAD_CAST "/posts/post/@file_url");
std::cout

i set mine up on ubuntu server a couple years ago following this:
raspinotes.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/setup-vpn-with-privateinternetaccess-com/

the guide is for pia but any vpn should work provided they give you .crt and .ovpn files. i used mullvad

Where i can download an iso of Windows 7? Digital river is gone

Startpage.com's image search looks pretty good, and has view image too. It also respects your privacy.

Just uninstall Geforce Experience from Programs and Features. It updates drivers, "optimizes" game settings, and may be useful for things like controlling GPU LEDs or streaming to an Nvidia Shield or something. If you just need the drivers, uncheck Geforce Experience when installing them.

How badly will an amd 4300 3.8 ghz quad bottleneck a 1070 ti 8b?

That bottlenecker site seems retarded as hell/

digital river is gone but this gentleman and scholar has this up and running
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

doing gods work

also this
tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

This is just a how to setup openvpn. I have a server. When I do that I get locked out since all traffic will run through the VPN.

I only want VPN for qbittorrent-nox traffic.

Slightly more efficient in this case might be to retrieve the element node and then retrieve the attributes from it individually with xmlGetProp:
xmlNodePtr post;
xmlChar *file_url;
xmlChar *preview_url;
/* ... */
obj = xmlXPathEvalExpression(BAD_CAST "/posts/post", ctx);
post = obj->nodesetval->nodeTab[0];
xmlXPathFreeObject(obj);
/* ... */
file_url = xmlGetProp(post, "file_url);
preview_url = xmlGetProp(post, "preview_url");

std::cout

when you say bottleneck, what do think about that will bottleneck?

okay. that seems like everything i want to know. i also think that writing a function will be a better solution
thank you. you've been a great help

noted

I just got a cheap smartphone, pic related. Anyone know of a way to transfer and install new programs to the SD card? Process is more difficult than I imagined and this model seems to be a pain in the ass to root as well

ohhh idk how to do that then my server is in my house so i just access it locally through the ip address and it does all its online traffic through the vpn

Thanks

Has anyone used a Fire tablet with Khan Academy? What's the Silk browser like?

Bottlenecker is a good enough site if you know what it's telling you, and that its recommendations aren't always reasonable or cost effective things to build. (And it recommended I replace my 1080ti with a 1080ti.)

Its numbers are for average games. What it's telling you is whether some parts of your system are massively overpowered compared to other parts, under an average gaming workload.

Having a bottleneck means that some parts of your system are good enough to go faster than the whole system is going, and that it's being held back by one or more slow parts. For instance, consider an extreme case: you put a 1080ti in a Core 2 Duo system. Playing pretty much any game, the performance will be horrible and way less than that 1080ti can pull. However, there are three instances where this might be an acceptable build:
>1. The Core 2 Duo is your old system, you're buying parts over time, and the GPU is the first of them.
>2. You got the GPU dirt cheap somehow, may upgrade the rest of the system later, but just want the rest to perform as well as it can for now.
>3. The workload is not a typical game. For instance if you're running all-CUDA compute tasks, a Core 2 Duo system won't really hold a 1080ti back much.

What thebottlenecker is really telling you is whether you have extra performance capability in some of your parts that you aren't getting any benefit from. If you upgraded one part, you would get better overall performance, and this is what its recommendations are for (except when it suggests something retarded like a Quadro or a mobile GPU). Or you could downgrade the other part without seeing any degradation in performance.

So, if you're looking at an all-new gaming build with parts at market prices, a bottleneck means you could allocate your money better. If you're upgrading, a bottleneck may mean that you're wasting money on a part that won't perform up to its full potential in your system but could be worth buying anyway if you upgrade soon.

Usually there's an option in settings for default app install location. Or Settings->Apps, tap an app, and in the details screen there should be an option to move it to the SD card.

Another note: The ZTE phones I've seen set a hardware write lock on the system partition when the bootloader boots into it. This does help protect against malware getting into the system partition. The only way to modify it is to flash a custom bootloader like CWM or TWRP and do it from there, since it's unlocked in the bootloader.

Can some Pajeet Please explain: What is 'Secure desktop in Windows 7' and, what does enabling or disabling 'Disable switching to secure desktop while elevating' do in Windows 7.

I've got 2 bad sectors out of 1,024,000,000 sectors
chkdsk is refusing to detect them, had to use some 3rd part tool that does a "surface test".
Since there's only two fucking sectors I'd rather not bin the drive, and there's nothing important on it, would reformatting solve it?
Or is there an easier way?

Windows usually displays UAC prompts in a separate window station, which is why all your windows disappear when one of those pops up. It's about the equivalent of a separate X11 server.

Cons: It's mildly annoying and breaks remote viewing tools like TeamViewer. It may also add some delay in displaying them on some systems.

Pros: It stops malware from clicking yes on its own UAC prompts.

Disabling it make it show those as just another window on your normal desktop.

Obviously, I think disabling it is more of 'security' risk, correct?

Also, can you please help me decide whether to not Enable, or Disable Virtualization for file and registry write failures to per-used locations. I am going with Enabling this feature, but I have heard there are more risks associated with this? I do not know, I am still learning this weird ass OS. Been using Unix and Mac for 20 years.

ALSO, THANK YOU SO MUCH BASED user!

>Obviously, I think disabling it is more of 'security' risk, correct?
Yes, since it would let malware click through them more easily.

Registry and file virtualization is a clever workaround to deal with old programs that want to write things to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or their Program Files directory. When these programs save something there and it fails, this feature would redirect the write to a file in the user's home dir.

If you turn it off and use a program that needs this workaround, you would have to run the program as admin so it can write directly to the locations it wants to. If you aren't using such programs, you probably want to disable it.

Why is my Smart TV running a webserver?

Because it is Smart. Welcome to the Internet of Things.

>(((Smart)))

New PC is coming. Besides Common Sense 2018ℱ, what security software should I install? Avast had been annoying in my old PC last days.

Ok, thank you for detailing these group policy settings. I am no low-level computer user, I been using Linux for 20 years and before that BeOS, WinNT, Solaris/*NIX. Windows is different and 'un-standard' it would probably be an amazing OS if they'd review the licensing and redistribution model. Release the damn source.

Anyways, thanks again I will document these and memorize them. Oh and Active Directory is SHIT FUCK AD and para/psycho-databases.

how do i know what ram to get for no name oem mobos?

Smart one would order a pizza using your credit card and non-free javascript and eat it alone while your asleap. This one obviously just pretending to be smart.

>This one obviously just pretending to be smart

Just like (((someone))) else we know...

I know its a botnet TV, but better put good use to it
googling "smart tv webserver" only comes up with this
>linustechtips.com/main/topic/432465-my-samsung-smart-tv-is-running-a-webserver/

Trying to make a java web app project for my resume. What tools do I need to make and deploy such a thing?

I've wanted to use something like jBoss, Tomcat and Java EE, but I feel like there is an easier way to make my project look good without using archaic or over-simplified shit.

Why are all of my 4chanx settings and filters this random mumbo jumbo? I have the latest stable version from github. I dont know when it happened because i havent played around with filters or other settings in weeks
Reverting versions dosent change anything and deleting all settings and then loading a settings file from a month ago also does not change anything

so does anyone knows good open source music player for android that can play ALAC, unfortunately vanilla music can not play ALAC
thanks

just use vlc

I just finished building a new PC for a friend of mine. Everything worked fine at first, booted ok, installed fresh win 10 no problem. Once it booted into win10, tho, it started crashing. It either stops responding completely, with the screen being stuck at whatever was showing at the moment (it doesn't even reset immediately after keeping the power button pressed, I have to do it a couple of times), or it gives pic related and restarts.
The crashes begin a couple of minutes after booting, and the only things I've managed to do before getting a crash were running windows update (crashed while downloading) and running speccy before crashing (everything seemed normal, besides the cpu temp being kinda high, 60C, and the ram showing up as "unknown 8GB etc")
Any ideas? He gave me most of the parts from his previous PC, only new things were the cpu (an amd ryzen 1600x), an asus mobo and an 8GB stick of ram. I can post exact models if it's needed.

there arent any open ports on my network at school. i want to host a plex server, at least for my use and hopefully for use for others not local. Can I use hamatchi or something to allow this to happen?
also, i have my media on a nas. can i run the plex media server backend on my desktop and target the mounted drive, and then use the plex frontend to view my media?? its just a lot easier to go through all the movies and tv that way as opposed to scrolling through thousands of files. is there another media program like this that I could use if none of these options work?

check the cpu voltages in the bios and make sure its on auto or whatever. try to boot into windows and run whocrashed

Nothing. Windows Defender is pretty good, at least if you don't love installing toolbars and coupon printers.

The specs page for the CPU you're putting in it will tell you DDR3 or 4 and the nominal speed it takes. Some mobos can use XMP and clock RAM faster than the speed the CPU specifies, but a no-name one is less likely to do that.

Slower RAM will always work and cost less but may not hit the top speeds the board can do. Faster RAM will always work even if it doesn't reach its maximum speed. RAM speed doesn't make THAT much of a difference at least on Intel. Ryzen seems to benefit more from fast RAM.

A really smart TV would hack other peoples' computers and steal someone else's credit card, and use that to order itself a large pepperoni pizza with extra electrons. It would know that using yours would eventually get it punched and thrown out on the curb, but if someone comes calling about hack attempts coming from your IP, it doesn't know anything, it's just a dumb TV.

update windows

No really, I had a Windows 10 installer that had an image from like 2 years ago and if you install it on Ryzen it crashes all of the time. I grabbed a new install image and it worked fine. Try getting a more recent installer.

Make sure all the fans are spinning inside and not caught on a wire.

Also, did you re-apply thermal paste, etc?

Check power consumption. If it's close to the PSU's capacity that might be the problem. If you have another suitable PSU you can test it with, do that.

Resposting this here from the linux thread.

> Hi m80s.

> I installed Linux Mint over a week ago, because of Windows messed up system of shutting off, broke it, then deleted linux, windows was still broke, deleted windows and reinstalled it from scratch. But thats on my main drive.

>My secondary drive (2 raided HDD, 1tb, 500gb each) was another victim of my installing of linux, never worked on Linux, doesn't work now on my fresh install of Windows.

>When I try to boot into Linux Mint live CD, it tells me that I should boot fix my drive (which I can't, or don't know how) or mount it as Read only.

>I intend on doing the latter, in order to back it up, format it, get rid of the shitty useless raid, install Linux mint in one of them and format the other one in NTFS to use it as my secondary drive for windows...

>Well, how do I boot into Linux Mint Live USB with my /sdb1 and /sdb2 into read only? Or in windows? I don't care, the only thing i want is to back it up and get over with this over a week long nightmare

>tldr: how do I mount a corrupted internal hard drive into read only state in a Linux Mint live usb (or any other live SO or Windws for that matter) in order to back up the data

>note: my drive is not in a software raid, it's in 2 specific SATA ports for making it raid that ASUS dedicated in the motherboard.

>Currently in Linux Mint safeboot mode, because the drive wasn-t letting me boot in normal mode, i can see it in the file manager program, but cannot mount it...

well know I discoverd that vanilla music plays this one album for which I did not know it was alac and it plays it, but this new one does not want to play

What's an easy way to encrypt individual files or folders on Android?

What's an easy way to encrypt individual files or folders on Android? Preferably in a way that doesn't immediately telegraph that it's encrypted (I. E. No pgp)

Thanks a lot for the answers guys

I will try updating the bios and doing that, I looked up the error code before posting here and many people ask whether the person having hte problem had oced, whether the temps are normal etc etc

I actually got windows from a 3 year old iso from tpb, so that might be an issue as well. My friend told me he can get a clean iso of windows 10 "edu edition" from microsoft (he's a uni student), so I'll try installing that and see how it goes

>Make sure all the fans are spinning inside and not caught on a wire.
Checked that, no problems there

>Also, did you re-apply thermal paste, etc?
Yep. I've installed CPUs and heatsinks plenty of times, so I think it's unlikely I messed up there. As I said, temps were a little high (60C), but not high enough to warrant a crash, and could be explained by the fresh installation of windows initializing, running updates, installing drivers etc.

The PSU is a 750W and it worked fine with the previous system, so I doubt it went overboard just by changing the mobo and cpu. I will look into it, however, along with checking the voltages and updating hte bios.

My current phone has a "private mode" feature. I don't know if this is a new Android thing or Samsung specific. It uses filesystem level encryption. Without root, the files in it are totally invisible when it's off/unmounted, and the only evidence that something is in it is that the used space is greater than the sum of the visible apps and files, and that tapping on private mode brings up a password or PIN prompt instead of a setup wizard.

post S.M.A.R.T. first and let us see what kind of bad sectors they are

How can i use my phone as a computer mic?

DISCLAIMER : Absolute tech brainlet

Firstly, does Windows 10 use serial keys? I remember someone telling me Windows 8 is linked to the hardware and doesn't use serial keys. Is this true for 10?

Secondly, my pc is stuck in a start-up blue screen loop. How can i fix this? I don't have the install CDs or anything.

What's the best way to test the stability of an overclock? My clock has seemed fine for a few days but my PC just crashed now I'm paranoid.

Run Intel Burn test or Prime95 and see if it crashes.
Yes this is the best way to do it.

mprime/prime95

Assuming wmic diskdrive get status is how you get a smart reading on windows, it says nothing is wrong.
This is what crystaldisk is reporting for its status now, but it's been varying wildly.
pastebin.com/ZY24pGs4

there's plenty of programs that will stress-test whatever you've overclocked. i suggest OCCT, it has all kinds of tests and features

run a stress test overnight. if it passes its mostly stable but it might still crash randomly from general use after that. if it does just bump the voltage up a little every time it crashes

that's much more than just 2 bad sectos. i'd suggest doing a backup and zeroing it. is this a system drive?

No, it's a storage drive I've barely used and I've already backed up any important data on it.

Is running an HDD upside-down bad for it?

Yes, you should always run it diagonally.

then it's worth zeroing it just in case it's not a big problem
save the current S.M.A.R.T. somewhere. there's plenty of ways to write zeroes. it can be from CMD ("format [drive letter]: /fs:NTFS /p" if i remember correctly) or by using some software (i'd suggest DMDE)
after the zeroing is complete (takes time) scan the surface again, read S.M.A.R.T. and compare it with the older one. if it gets worse on bad sectors then the hard drive will die soon
no it's okay. they are built in a way that allows them to work in any position

Currently zeroing it with diskpart, thanks for the help.

>if it gets worse on bad sectors
by this i mean both on reallocated sectors and pending sectors. the reallocation itself is not a problem if pending sectors don't constantly increase

and btw: what brand and size of drive?

A Toshiba dt01aca300, it's 3 tb, I've got two of them, purchased at the exact same time, and the other is completely fine.

by size i meant format size but whatever
anyway: 1024000000 sectors, you say? that doesn't add up to 3TB

depends on how big the sectors are

That was just the one partition I surface scanned and the one causing all of the problems.
It all started right after installing virtual studio.
Probably a complete coincidence.

Pls respond, I need to use it for work

*visual studio
I still can't shake the feeling it's microsoft's fault.

a standard LBA would make ut 500GB. a windows 4KB block makes it 4TB
i'd advise doing all the operations on the entire HDD surface, not just partitions

Do Gentoo users compile (cook) their food, and not buying ready-to-eat?

The other partitions were completely empty, but I'm zeroing the whole drive just in case.

I'll buy ready-to-eat but only if the recipe for the food is freely distributed under the GNU General Public License

try booting the system in safe mode
i don't know about the keys but i know that windows installations are linking themselves to hardware since vista

How do you manually edit a file's meta data info? YTDLGui keeps fucking up the "last changed" date for all mp4's it pulls from jootube so that i have to keep searching for the mp4's manually and re-render them if i want them to be shown at the top of a given folder

Note that 4KDL doesn't have this problem at all but it's a lot more clunkier than YTDLG so i'm aiming for a simpler solution here

do you use /ck/ for getting recipes?

No proprietary garbage like Coca-cola and McDonalds, right? Only lemonade...

GPL2 or GPL3?

You both made my night... I haven't keked that hard since felling for Gentoo meme.

What's the most powerful dual core CPU on the market?

My father had a Lenovo AIO PC that had a wireless mouse/keyboard combo that came without a USB dongle and he is asking if he can still use the M/K with another PC.
I know that this kind of hardware is usually paired with a specific bluetooth device and code and is most likely impossible to use them without them.

My real question is, If I were to remove the bluetooth PCI from the dead AIO and put it in the new PC would it be possible to use the said M/K combo?

Coca Cola source code has been leaked tho

GPL3 because of the patent clauses of course

Windows NT had leaked source-code, and what?

Do you guys sleep your harddrives or run them 24/7?

>average day on /sqt/
if there's one reason to come to these threads then it's this

i shut down my PC unless i'm torrenting. how long the torrenting takes? i kept it on non stop for 8 months once

I sleep the system that draws more power because I use it less.

I don't bother with sleeping individual drives on either system at all.

i keep mine on 24/7 bc i like to see how many hours i can rack up on my hard drives

post your best power on count

I know Cred Forums is not your personal tech support but im a hardcore normie from /fit/

can I replace an msata ssd with a sata as the primary drive? my hd died and its the stick type attached to the motherboard. mobo has a sata interface, but will it work as my only drive? It's an acer desktop, yes I suck but it's perfect for my work

yes

Convince me to switch my server from hardened gentoo with selinux to openbsd

What's wrong with this http request? Giving me a 400 error

Requested url is: host.host.com/directory

GET /directory HTTP 1.1
Host: host.host.com

I also tried requesting with the trailing '/', but I get the same results

i won't even try

Try
GET /directory HTTP/1.1
instead

I'm using MSI Afterburner to check temperatures but it fluctuates too much with a wide margin (5ÂșC). Is it normal or an issue with the software? Is there a better one to use?

thanks

That worked, thank you

None.
Use acronis or similar software to make occasional backups of your system.

As long as you're not retarded, just Mbam and Comodo firewall. ZA firewall is also acceptable.

How TF do I make a looping gif + music = webm? Ideally from an Android app, but any solution is fine.

How do you make DHCP do stuff ? Like I am having trouble with internet connectivity because my DHCP will randomly decide to not populate the table with more entries sometimes. Like if you delete an entry from the table manually shouldn't it give out a new one ? DHCP is being done by my router.