JS is the supreme language of the century

You have 10 seconds to explain why you don't know Javascript.

Other urls found in this thread:

eloquentjavascript.net/3rd_edition/00_intro.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am the literal god of destruction of universe 6.
I don't see how javascript would help me with my job.

how do I start learning user

I know it and that's the reason why I want it to burn with the pajeets that like it.

javascript is cancer it was supposed to only lightly enhance web not to build everything with it

Becuase im not a webdev monkey

Because I don't know any programming language at all. I just come here for the Consumerism threads and shitposting.

>depending on libraries like a fucking cuck
>not writing your own libraries in C

HTML was made before the internet was even a thing, you didn't need to call an api for data or anything back then.

I hate it because I know it

Fuck node in particular

>implying you had data back then

>Writing everything in C
>Depending only on gcc libraries
The future is now old man.

Ideas outgrow the mould they were made for user

>tfw writing device drivers in JS

>not writing bare metal vanilla JS

eloquentjavascript.net/3rd_edition/00_intro.html

JS is honestly the future.
Node.js for webservers.
JS for webapps in browser.
JS and CSS for native desktop apps.

Why do you need to learn anything else? No types to get in the way, garbage collection so no leaked memory, multi-platform code and gui support. Plus stackoverflow top answered language so other people can give me free support.

I don't write code, it's boring

It's a shitty language but anyone who's not an elitist amateur should probably have a working knowledge of it just because it's getting so widespread for whatever retarded reason.

vanilla, typescript, covfefescript, elm, purescript, flow, clojure or dart?

>it's getting so widespread for whatever retarded reason.

Lmao, you're out of touch.

>Node.js for webservers.
More like, for trivial websites that don't matter. Even then, node.js adoption has been dying off and modern PHP is picking up again.

>JS for webapps in browser.
For now. Web assembly is still meant to be used in combination with JS, but that could easily change in the near future depending on how wasm ends up actually being used.

>JS and CSS for native desktop apps.
You seem to be misunderstanding something. Frameworks like Electron are for developing a frontend. Aside from the most trivial of programs, the backend is going to be C/C++, .NET/.NET Core, or pretty much anything other than JS.

>HTML was a thing before internet
educate yourself, pajeet. Stop spreading misinformation.

i'm learning it right now desu.

>Why do you need anything else?
Because JS is shit and useless for anything but web shit. Use C++ for most things and Python if you really need a scripting language.

>No types to get in the way
Types don't get in the way lmao. Otherwise "typedef long double var" (or your regional equivalent) would be standard practice.

> Garbage collection
Translation: "I don't know how to write a destructor."

> GUI support
#include

>Stackoverflow top answered language.
Well that just proves it has very many shitty quirks and it doesn't have very good documentation.

>No types to get in the way
Dynamically typed languages suck. You get lost easily in any medium-large project written in dyn. typed language. Languages like TypeScript and Dart are huge enhancements to JS.

No they aren't. If types are better why isn't it default and everyone using them?

Because scripting languages were created to make small scripts, like 100 lines top. Now we make huge applications in these languages. Every major scripting languages gets a typing system now including PHP and Python. Vanilla JS won't get typing system most likely, because it would increase internet traffic, but languages which compile to JS already have it.

JS would be better suited to you than anyone else desu

>reinventing the wheel everytime, over and over again
excellent

> no types
good luck with your runtime bugs

> garbage collection so no leaked memory
are you even trying?

> multi-platform code
shit code running everywhere but at least cute interfaces amirite :^)

> gui support
le using bloatstrap or material gay design

Champa get off Cred Forums. You were deleted already.

Go drink some white wine you fat cunt

JS is basically the Rick and Morty of programming. It's genious for what it's made for but has a cancerous fanbase of idiots who try to make it more than what it is and take it way, way too seriously.

t. knows JS and uses it for LIMITED amounts of USER FRIENDLY and FUNCTIONAL scripts in WEB PAGES. Like where it's FUCKING MADE FOR.

>deleted

lol I liked this reference.

JavaScript is the best language for something shit and irrelevant like modern Web development.
Therefore it's shit.

>shit
yes
>irrelevant
lmao what

Because I've just started learning to code and I've chosen C++ as my first language.