Ereaders

Are Ereaders a meme?

Why not just use a tablet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xb2Bvyhq4uY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ereaders are easier on the eyes. You can read for hours without eyestrain.

I got the Kindle Paperwhite for $80, because I bricked my original NOOK trying to tinker with the firmware. It's just the best way to read books without owning hundreds of books.

My Paperwhite is Elder God-tier. Battery life is endless if you keep it on airport mode, books DL in seconds and you can read for hours in the dark with no eye strain. Amazon's always running $2 sales on good books too.

Best reading experience. The only thing I would want is more storage, as I'm reading not just books, but comics too.

these

I have a Dell venue 7487 and it's pretty comfy to read books on, but what other anons say about eye strain is true but I can just turn the page black and dim the font without a problem. The only problem I hate about is when you have a turn the brightness down (happens on grey colors and other colors except black) it turns the screen purple or pink

> easier on the eyes
> the screen is more durable against scuffs and the occasional drop
> huge battery life
> no shitty games
> no support for playing movies
> (virtually) unusable internet browser

You can tinker with it to hell.
You can also hook it up to a solar panel like in link
youtube.com/watch?v=xb2Bvyhq4uY

I can't believe someone has an accent that has an utter inability to pronounce the letter R

>I can't believe someone has an accent
He's a Brit, he's not the one with the accent, it's the burgers that have the accent.

a brit is a deprecated burger

E-reader is best if you only want to use the device for reading. I chose tablet because I want to do other stuff too.

Kobo had a limited edition press of the Aura One with a 32GB capacity. The OG H2O has expandable storage.

easier on your eyes
far superior battery life, often weeks on end
less valuable and not as painful to break or lose
screen ideal for reading in brighter light, non-reflective
no dumb shit like social media to get in the way of reading

They're just comfy if you want an uninterrupted reading experience. I still don't get how people don't understand this.

Their ergonomics are better than books and they also come in better form factors than most tablets.

You are retarded.

There is absolutely no way that the constant eReader threads here aren't the work of shills. The market for them is so fucking small, so few of them are sold in general, that the volume of posts about them here is...anomalous.

Don't get me wrong, I have a Kindle Voyage and it has transformed my reading on the shitter in the morning, but eReaders are a niche product. The vast majority of people are convinced reading on various types of LCD display is good enough, and let's be honest the vast majority of people are borderline illiterate--they don't read, period. Scrolling through buzzfeed clickbait shit doesn't count.

lol I've gone from reader on E readers to reading books off my phone.

I find the eye travel for reading to be much better

I have a Voyage and I swear the battery life on it is crap compared to what my Paperwhite had.

>way better battery life, even with the light on (reading multiple books on a single charge vs. having to charge your device multiple times to finish a single book)
>fewer charge/discharge cycles to accomplish the same task result in better device longevity
>non-glossy e-ink screen, works better in general and especially in heavily lit rooms/under direct sunlight
>can't be used for time wasting, won't distract you with notifications

Cred Forums has a hard-on for a bunch of relatively niche devices, and I haven't seen an e-reader thread in like a week.

I have to agree. It is hard to believe all the autismos on Cred Forums even have mental capacity to finish a book, let alone have a device for reading many books.