Thermal Paste

It's not a dot, like you fucking faggots from Cred Forums says it should be.

Which is why you should wipe it off with a towel damped with rubbing alcohol and apply new a AS5 small pea-sized glob in the center. Instant 5C cooler temps right there.

OP doesn't realize that the dot will flatten out and cover all the essential core areas of the die.

Call me old school, but my Artic MX2 keeps my temps under control, and I lather that fucker with a surplus of paste.

>10 years non-caking non running bitches!

that can cause hotspots and even insulate heat

I apply thermal paste in this pattern: 卐

I applied an entire tube of paste in an X for my threadripper. Idle temps 29c-35c depending on ambient.

I used three tubes and I've got 23c!

I literally got some of Thermaltake's paste, scraped the stock paste off my wraith stealth and used that. 5c temp reduction and a 3.7ghz OC is fine under load.
>overclocking to survive the mining apocalypse

why exactly would you need three whole tubes of paste for one cpu? is it one of those big server ones like epyc or threadripper? although tr could be used for desktop

Stock thermal paste vs Arctic Silver on a 1080Ti, any thoughts?

no need if it's a good model

at least 5C*

>AS5
>MX2

As long as Intel has started skimping on the quality of stock thermal paste now, then there is literally no reason to swap the paste as long as you keep the stock cooler. Especially not for those depreciated meme pastes.

deprecated not depreciated

Cool it, nerd

I filled my case with Arctic Silver and I run 0c idle.

i've just replaced my thermal grease on gpu and cut temps down by over 10 degrees
>gpu was overheating (throttling set at 79C)
>changed paste
>not throttling anymore
>reached 71 only once

and paste on gpu wasn't even that old, maybe two years. i've changed it on my own when i bought the card, so it wasn't badly applied either. i'm really suprised with result, though i went pretty far now - i even scrubbed cooler surface with fine grain wet sandpaper (because dark signs of old paste weren't coming off, and my autism demanded perfectly equal surface color/texture). then i spreaded new paste around the die, (as) equal (as possible) paper thin layer on entire surface

today is a good day. fucking 10 degrees

X was benchmarked the best right?

i filled my whole house with thermal grizzly and the temps are always below -20 C

doing this for the summer, thanks!