Thermal Paste

Eli Bailey
Eli Bailey

It's not a dot, like you fucking faggots from Cred Forums says it should be.

Ryder Martin
Ryder Martin

Which is why you should wipe it off with a towel damped with rubbing alcohol and apply new a AS5 small pea-sized glob in the center. Instant 5C cooler temps right there.

Brandon Cruz
Brandon Cruz

OP doesn't realize that the dot will flatten out and cover all the essential core areas of the die.

Lincoln Rogers
Lincoln Rogers

Call me old school, but my Artic MX2 keeps my temps under control, and I lather that fucker with a surplus of paste.

10 years non-caking non running bitches!

Tyler Morales
Tyler Morales

that can cause hotspots and even insulate heat

Ethan Rogers
Ethan Rogers

I apply thermal paste in this pattern: 卐

Camden James
Camden James

I applied an entire tube of paste in an X for my threadripper. Idle temps 29c-35c depending on ambient.

Easton Fisher
Easton Fisher

I used three tubes and I've got 23c!

John Hall
John Hall

I literally got some of Thermaltake's paste, scraped the stock paste off my wraith stealth and used that. 5c temp reduction and a 3.7ghz OC is fine under load.
overclocking to survive the mining apocalypse

Lincoln Gray
Lincoln Gray

why exactly would you need three whole tubes of paste for one cpu? is it one of those big server ones like epyc or threadripper? although tr could be used for desktop

Hudson Kelly
Hudson Kelly

Stock thermal paste vs Arctic Silver on a 1080Ti, any thoughts?

Kevin Ward
Kevin Ward

no need if it's a good model

Connor Perez
Connor Perez

at least 5C*

Asher Perry
Asher Perry

AS5
MX2

As long as Intel has started skimping on the quality of stock thermal paste now, then there is literally no reason to swap the paste as long as you keep the stock cooler. Especially not for those depreciated meme pastes.

Lucas Carter
Lucas Carter

deprecated not depreciated

Sebastian Brooks
Sebastian Brooks

Cool it, nerd

Lucas Hernandez
Lucas Hernandez

I filled my case with Arctic Silver and I run 0c idle.

Isaac Perez
Isaac Perez

i've just replaced my thermal grease on gpu and cut temps down by over 10 degrees
gpu was overheating (throttling set at 79C)
changed paste
not throttling anymore
reached 71 only once

and paste on gpu wasn't even that old, maybe two years. i've changed it on my own when i bought the card, so it wasn't badly applied either. i'm really suprised with result, though i went pretty far now - i even scrubbed cooler surface with fine grain wet sandpaper (because dark signs of old paste weren't coming off, and my autism demanded perfectly equal surface color/texture). then i spreaded new paste around the die, (as) equal (as possible) paper thin layer on entire surface

today is a good day. fucking 10 degrees

Brody Perry
Brody Perry

X was benchmarked the best right?

Adrian Miller
Adrian Miller

i filled my whole house with thermal grizzly and the temps are always below -20 C

Ryder Diaz
Ryder Diaz

doing this for the summer, thanks!

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit