I'm here for the job interview

I'm here for the job interview.

you're shirt its too big

I-It's my dads...

it's hip to be square

Bait. But fuck it.

Some pointers for you OP, or anyone that would attend an interview similarly dressed/groomed as OP.

In no particular order:
-Haircut. Mullets are bad.
-Shirt is too big as pointed out, but in particular it's not properly tucked in either.
-Wear a belt.
-Clean shave upper lip to remove peach fuzz.
-If you have it within your means, get shirt that fits. The sleeves (right?) is far too long and would cover your hand.

And though you apparently took this picture for Cred Forums, when you go to the interview, smile, try to look pleasant. if they're going to employ you, they'll have to be around you for ~40h/week. Try to be friendly.

>you are shirt ...

learn to english
it's a good skill to have on the internet
and no: english is not my first language either

It is his.

this

also, go easy on the black

Cred Forums - /fa/ggots

t. neet neckbearded virgin

get a clean haircut.
fix the shirt
wear a belt
fold your sleeves
shave your face
consider wearing glasses
wear a white undershirt
no battle-stances

Due to affirmative action we're not hiring no white bois

>no battle-stances
kek

Mr Kumar, I'm Node.js.

Spoken like a true HR cunt.

Literally, LITERALLY nothing you mentioned have anything to do with this man's capacity for labor.

Acquire cancer and die at your earliest convenience nigger.

First of all, I don't work in HR.
Second when I'm hiring, I do interviews over the phone. I offer remote work.

Third, because I try and help this guy despite global interview standards I'm the cunt? lol Someone got turned down for a job based on his neckbeard and poor hygiene.

how is this thread related to technology discussion?

>i do interviews over the phone
>never meet face to face?

how does it make you feel if i'm doing something else while we're interviewing over the phone. say i was fixing my car or cleaning up around the house, for example. Usually if it's an important phone call i'll sit down so i can focus but i noticed other people don't really do that.

I wear long hair and a beard, I get through interviews just fine. It's all about being clean about it. A lot of guys won't care for hair properly. I've worked as a lube tech, a store manager, and as a high school teacher now. Never once turned down from an interview.

Despite what your Mommy tells you because you fix the Wifi router from time-to-time your not some programming genius or savant that can create millions of lines of perfect code by yourself. You need to work with a team and if you're an anti-social cunt no one wants to work with you.

If you don't have time to talk then say so. We can book another time to talk. It would be disrespectful to work on your car while we're trying to conduct an interview.

no soy boys allowed

>It would be disrespectful to work on your car while we're trying to conduct an interview.

i don't think this is going to work. i'll go with someone else.

Best of luck. Have a great day.

yep. good luck with your remote thing, hope that works out for you.

Despite any rumors you might have heard, our hiring decisions are not made in the bathroom young man.
Now would you kindly wait for your turn by the conference room with the large whiteboard?

>large whiteboard
MY ONE WEAKNESS, AHH DONT PUT ME ON THE SPOT SIR

If you don't have the means to tailor the shirt, then you can roll the sleeves up a bit (google how to roll sleeves up correctly), and maybe safety pin it in the back so it doesn't balloon out like that.

If you're a software engineer, you're already good to go though. When I interviewed for my job, the recruiter insisted I wear a tie, and then the first interviewer made fun of me for wearing a tie. (He was wearing cargo shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.)

>Oh, hello Mr. Sykes. I'm here for the System Analyst position.

>capacity for labor
As if that is the only measure of a person's value in a job, their ability to work, their ability to adapt to a work environment, or their value in a social setting, all of which MUST be considered when placing someone into a job that is anything more complex than
>slap programs together in a basement somewhere after weve stuck you there to ensure you interact with the fewest number of people possible
Jesus fucking wept, for someone who pretends to be so intelligent, you certainly seem to have missed out on the vital information that humans are a communal animal, and that there is more to working a job than your skills in a certain area. We are a social species, and failure to adapt to that social expectation is demonstrative of either a reduced or retarded cognitive ability or an anti-social personality.

Specialization is for insects, fuccboi. There's a reason that people like you are going the way of the dinosaurs, and the only surprising thing is that you haven't figured out why yet. The intelligent animal either adapts to its environment, or adapts its environment to itself; it does not rage impotently against a machine.

>the first interviewer made fun of me for wearing a tie. (He was wearing cargo shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.)
because they are not looking for the job, you are

>consider wearing glasses
why

Alright so I want you to write a program that reads 4 numbers in from a file and and computer the distance formula.

You have 10 minutes go.

fuck you

You’re a retard

cultural norms say that glasses are generally considered a sign of intelligence, due to reading and whatnot

even if it isn't true, you have to look the part and sell yourself to the interviewer

also the presence of glasses may cause the interviewer to discount other negative aspects or at least distract them from it

on the topic of glasses, what are some good glasses to wear?
I wear the plastic rim soyboy specs right now because I'm blind as a bat and they provide a good FOV without costing too much (I can get them prescription for $12)
I'd be willing to spend more to get some nice glasses though.

I don't get it he looks fine. Shirt is a bit big but apart from that, it's fine.

Even if you are a programming genius, you're still gonna have to work with other people if you want a real job. If not directly with other programmers, you're gonna have to communicate with whoever is telling you what you need to do.

Generally if the man is really talented but a complete sperg, he's gonna get assigned handler / chaperone that will take care of what needs to be communicated between him and the outside world (including the rest of the office).
I've been that handler for a while, it's pretty draining, until you learn couple tricks.

Never implied you do, just pointed out you have the mentality of one.

Projections, assumptions and strawmaning do not constitute an argument. For most cases, this young man look good enough, and you should discount him entirely on the basis of appearance without surveiling other important aspects like for example, you know, if he has the required skillset for the job.

I was I made the argument OP (or whoever is pictured in OP) should do some things to tidy up his appearance.

I agree with you in full that his appearance does not at all speak to his knowledge or how well he could do the role.

But the fact of the matter is that asshats in charge of hiring often do make assumptions based on someone's appearance.

Some common:
>if he can't take care of himself, how is he going to maintain our code
>if this is how he presents himself to us, we won't be able to bring him with us to speak to potential clients

I'm not saying it's right to make any of these assumptions, but the reality is that it happens. And to best be fairly considered for the job, stepping up the grooming and appearance for an interview will go a long way.

I can guarantee you are a hr cunt, at least in terms of mentality.

I have never claimed that his appearance and behaviour are not important for the job. I raised the point that it is not the main aspect of it.

You on the hand can't see the irony that you are guilty of the bias that you accuse me of, only that your object of valuation is different from mine.

You discarded a interviewee based on his appearance ( which is good enough) without considering other aspects, namely one very important one: his technical fitness for the job.

You are very likely a retarded cumdumpster with a hyperinflated sense of importance that would/does hire hot sociable men on retarded basis such as "team synergy" or some such. Kill yourself either way.

one time this guy showed up 10 minutes late wearing not clean denim jeans, some kind of ratty vest, and he was carrying in a cup of coffee

Buy.
Fitting.
Clothes.

Biggest improvement of my life was figuring out how to match clothing and the importance of fitment.

Go back.
To.
Reddit.

Men are supposed to wear large clothing. It makes us appear bigger and more attractive.

Please continue.

>no, battle-stances!
FTFY

TAKE YOUR DAMN CLOSE AWW

I may be a bit on the spectrum, especially because I'm German, but sometimes I get nightmares being 5min too late for a job interview. The shame I feel is unbearable heavy, heavy enough to wake up

for you

this

Look exactly like me woah

>that stink stache
>that autist in headlights stare
>that shirt
Hired! Your desk is over in the corner. But don't get too comfy, faggot, 'cuz you're fired. Get out!

how do you do your hair

With a pillow.

You are illiterate.

I wear some Romani frames, nice metal frame, good looking touches to the stems. Looks nice.

>no battle-stances
>tfw i sometimes do the runescape 3 battle-stance when no one is looking in public

literally all I wore to my first interview were my redwing iron ranger boots, some soft cotton khakis ( i like comfy), and a plain polo t-shirt with a front pocket.
I never style my hair

Smile