/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Cred Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
youtu.be/zLD9IK3s2_g
uk.hardware.info/reviews/6080/3/13-headsets-review-listen-in-higher-quality-test-method
aliexpress.com/item/s/32696931711.html
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-usage/gaming
whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?14975-Double-Blind-tests-*did*-show-amplifiers-to-sound-different
listeninc.com/wp/media/Perception_and_-Measurement_of_Headphones_Sean_Olive.pdf
phon.ucl.ac.uk/courses/spsci/AUDL4007/12.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=K7FnExSzCdk
canpicker.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HE500 > HD600

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

>Fatmuricans come from flipping burgers at McDonalds
>Hd600 shitposting commences
Fucking amerimutts kys and let everyone else have a nice thread.

what are you currently listening to /hpg/?
youtu.be/zLD9IK3s2_g

are you playing warframe

>I can see through time
>not 'I can see forever'

FFS shad you were so close

>no upper mids
he500 is clearly worse there
that's a defective hd600 sample anyways
he500 is worse than a defective hd600 lol

>no setup posted

Im not gonna post it everyday

Are you seriously expecting anything but shitposting about a retard too stupid to look up time zones?

A boot over the head of senshills.

Its 3 pm in usa right? basically kids come from work/school at this time

>he steps down with all his weight
>they break
>nothing of value was lost because they're veiled HD650 instead of HD600, the best headphones in the world

When always in doubt, post raw

>finally a feet OP
can we add to the general yet and make it required to post feet for recommendation requests

You can eq out the veil, but never the mismatching drivers

That's the right channel of tyll's measurement, the correct one.

School is off for president's day. People get off from work typically at 5 PM. Plus those of us with corporate jobs have off.

HD600 has better driver matching than HD650 when measured by the most credible headphone measurement website, GoldenEars.

>when measured by the most credible headphone measurement website
The one with the snow flake target curve.

you have never posted a setup in your life
it's about to 12pm in commiefornia

Sample size: 1
Hd600 doesn't have driver matching, at all.

imagine sperging for hours about which fridge magnet sounds best

You are wrong, it does. Confirmed by Sennheiser.

Nice RNG there, user

This

Prove it using official, up-to-date sources

You can EQ individual channels but to correct mismatched drivers you'd need a measurement rig that cost more than a TOTL headphones.

>Hd600 doesn't have driver matching, at all.
Neither does HD650.
>b-but Sennheiser says they do
I have a bridge to sell you.

You could correct mismatched drivers with that $150 MiniDSP headphone measurement rig.

Post setup

Im okay with this. No driver matching in $300 headphones.

>Monomemes and an itty bitty display

Nice mouse
I got G400S

Is A1000Z good? Should I save for them or just get msr7?

>sennshills this buttblasted

buy a takstar 82 and then save up for a kilobuck or two (one open, one closed)

Had G400 for many, many years, and loved it. Replaced with G400S when it finally died; got a faulty one. Logitech wanted to send me a G403 to replace it because they had no more G400S's. I said that was unacceptable because I have large hands and like large mice, and asked for a G502. They obliged.
tl;dr: G502 master race. It's way nicer than G400(s).

brehs.. that red..

g502 is heavy trash. g303 master race

>g502 is heavy
Do you even lift?

Just get G900 lmao what are you poor?

It could always be worse.
I already answered you in the previous thread.

yes I lift. the lighter the better.

Im planning to get the kef q100, so i cant take up much space, also smaller display means higher ppi

Literally a downgrade from my G502. Less buttons.

that looks nice, despite the reddit

>german channel matching
not even once

what the fuck do you need extra mouse buttons for?

I will never use less than a 32" display for my PC again. I was starting to go near sighted from using an itty bitty display close to my face for years. Got a 32" display and moved it back a couple feet and my eyesight recovered and went back to normal.

Shouldn't need explanation for gaming, but it's super convenient outside of gaming too. I have mouse buttons bound to copy, paste, alt-f4, esc, alt-enter, page up, page down. All shit I use on a daily basis.

I just now saw your reply.
Yeah I will use them sometimes portable in a bus or something. Cant I do that with the Zs? I can just stuff the cable in my pocket no?
And I want closed cause Ill get speakers for my room no need for open headphones.

Getting speakers but no stand for them? Dude, reflections on a desk aren't good. Seriously, don't do that. Even a tiny bluetooth speaker sounds less broken when put on something that won't reflect.

yeah. get a multi layer keyboard like an ergodox or atreus. use stuff like vim for editing. use a vim extension for web browsing. use a tiling manager if you aren't a windows faggot.

I had a feeling you would play the "just use the keyboard more" card. Nah. That's not how I roll. I respect the mostly keyboard autist types but that's just not how I roll.

1/ stuffing the cable in your pocket is going to stress it more. They are headphones with no removeable cable and you'll be pissed if you have to solder something to fix it. Cables are a weak point on headphones in general.
2/ The wing system makes for supreme comfort but they do NOT sit as securely on your head as regular headband systems. It's actually quite possible to drop them if you use them in a mobility situation.
> And I want closed cause Ill get speakers for my room no need for open headphones.
Then get something meant for mobility. The MSR7 is a great fit, and has removeable cables too, three of them included, two short cables one with a mic, a third cable with great length, in fact which is very nice and I wish AT did this to all of their headphones.

Reposting.

I'm going to buy a ifi idsd black label for my dt880+hd600 and Sony ex1000. Should be a good fit right? It seems to be good at handling a variety of headphones and has a bunch of DSP built in

sure but you'd be better off selling your headphones and add that to the money you would have spent on the black label to buy better headphones, instead of buying an amp that's twice the price of your most expensive headphone. it should be the other way around.

This is bad advice, the HD600 is the best headphone in the world. He could not possibly upgrade.

This.

Ă€ Skullcandy would be an upgrade over the hd600.

Stop samefagging, dumdum

Sell everything, buy STAX. You can DSP from your computer.

>m40x are 100€ in yuropoor land
Fukk

Silly whiteboi

>not a mini xlr
disgusting

These aren't aiming at the wood dumb dumb, their projection isnt even close to touching the wood

*Anything with bass

Now you're just being silly. Skullcandy are true trash. t. used to use them as a retarded teenager.

I wanna lick her feet.

Going to attempt to design and 3d print a new cup for my hd598 that will allow me to easily install pic related so I don't have to put up with sennheisers proprietary bs

angle them deep like the ma900

Why?

What's with the stax shills? Recent stax is shit, the vintage stuff is alright I guess but not without it's faults.
Most stax have poor decay and sound unclean and grainy, the stuff that doesn't just sounds cucked("ethereal"). What stats are good for is transients and bass/treble extention but they have upper midrange glare.
I don't really think anyone should buy them unless you've heard them before, chances are you're going to not like them.

>What's with the stax shills?
They're expensive, obscure, and backed by audiphoolery. Or were you being rhetorical?

which do you recommend instead?

That's why the uber flagship of more than a couple dynamic headphone companies is electrostatic right? Fuck off with your poorfaggotry.

>the uber flagship
K, gen z.

post your setup

Stax are such a hassle even if you like the weird presentation. The cheapest "decent" stat amp is the SRM717 which is still ~$800. They're also annoyingly fragile.
>the $213081230218 sennheiser uber flagship uses the same driver!
>thus this bargain bin discount model will not have any of the flaws associated with it's driver technology
this is you

setup

I'll take as "you win".

I just don't have the energy to talk to someone who can't post their setup

Not just sennheiser. Mrspeakers, and Hifiman as well. Estats are universally acknowledged as superior, the only reason they're not more common is that plebs like you prioritize convenience over sound and then back it up with severe post purchase rationalization.

>What's with the stax shills?
It's the meme-teat currently being milked ad nauseam after Cred Forums got tired of the HD600 and MA900.

why dosen't anyone ever measure gaming headsets? they are more bought than autism sets so why not?

They're marketed to children for one.

rtings did that for some wireless headsets and the stinger but theres just too many that are all pretty much the same

>MA900
You can only meme headphones that were discontinued and abandoned for so long before you run out of people caring.

I think we pushed them further into extinction, honestly.

They're garbage, everyone already knows that.

so I can use my fancy cables on them

here's 13 measurements

uk.hardware.info/reviews/6080/3/13-headsets-review-listen-in-higher-quality-test-method

Gaming headsets are overpriced. On the few times when they're based on actual non-gaming headphones like what Audio Technica does, you can directly compare their price and realize the gouging going on.

Audio Technica's ADG1X is an AD700X with a mic. The ADG1X cost $300, the AD700X cost $100. How retarded do you have to be to buy the ADG1X? I'll tell you, very retarded. You can get a quality mic that attaches to any headphone for like $50.

Why do ameritards like soy, eating tidepods, shooting schools and the worst headphones (HD600)?
Whats wrong with them? How do we fix it?

>willingly getting gouged by antlion for shitty velcro mic

where are you from?

why go through at that trouble when you can just a 2.5mm to 3.5mm
aliexpress.com/item/s/32696931711.html
this one works well

Greece

You're confusing gen z and normals, euro.

vmoda is better than any headset mic, massdrop minimic as well, hell, even the sony ecmcs3 sounds much better and you can get that for 10 dollars on amazon. There isn't much reason to spend more than $60 on a headset when the cloud stinger and astro a10 do the same except dont have lgbtq lights

Buy one of those big mousepads, they absorb some of the reflection.
Speaker waves WILL bounce off the table even if you aim them up.

rtings measured a ton of headsets, not just wireless
they don't differentiate between headphones and headsets, but headset tend to score higher in the "gaming" category: rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-usage/gaming

>Speaker waves WILL bounce off the table even if you aim them up.
don't bother trying to educate that speakerless dude any further. Either he has some hearing left in him and will realize this doesn't sound right or he'll just be happy wasting his speakers. Besides reflections stands are also good for getting them positioned correctly in the room for optimal imaging.

I just feel like I'd give him some info before he starts using them.

It's not expensive to treat your listening position.
Besides, I'd rather go DALI Zensor than the Q100 or Q300*.
At least you're not going the "muh monitor" JBL305 which are overrated.

*didn't listen to these but I figure they have similar sound.

>rtings

>HD600
fuck no, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing shitheisers

>JBL305 overrated
lol why

Damn good on you mate

>JBL305 which are overrated
Name a better pair of active speakers at the same price range. Protip : they're the best.
Anything short of LS50 is only a minor upgrade, almost a sidegrade.

Because they are cheap monitors that sound very good for it's price, BUT, monitors are for music making, not for music listening.
Being active speakers doesn't automatically mean they have a good built in amp or optimal crossover though, and they are by no means Dynaudio BM series-tier, but they deliver good sound for their price.
There's a purpose for flat sounding speakers, he's obviously not gonna use it for audio creation.

They aren't bad, but people use them wrong.

Hence why they are overrated.
Again, they don't sound bad by any means, but they have a purpose and a place.

Read above.

Why would you want colored speakers?

Find me a flatter/better measuring speaker at $180 than the JBL LSR30X.

Jarre AeroBull

While it'd be fucking hot as hell seeing that fuck your wife, that's not in the same price range.

Flat speakers are always gonna be better than colored ones, no exceptions.
Fact is, the LSR305 are some of the best measuring speakers at any given price. You'd be better getting LSR305 + sub than getting sub-par "upgrades".

>good built in amp
Amplifiers do not sound different unless they are broken in design or clipping.
whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?14975-Double-Blind-tests-*did*-show-amplifiers-to-sound-different
By the time you make the built-in amp of the JBL clip, you've probably reached the limits of the speakers themselves to produce quality sound and they would distort anyway.

> BUT, monitors are for music making, not for music listening.
Flat measuring speakers are for anything.
>A group of 58 high school and college students with different expertise in sound evaluation participated in two separate controlled listening tests that measured their preference choices between music reproduced in (1) MP3 (128 kbp/s) and lossless CD-quality file formats, and (2) music reproduced through four different consumer loudspeakers. As a group, the students preferred the CD-quality reproduction in 70% of the trials and preferred music reproduced through the most accurate, neutral loudspeaker. Critical listening experience was a significant factor in the listeners’ performance and preferences. Together, these tests provide some new evidence that both teenagers and college students can discern and appreciate a better quality of reproduced sound when given the opportunity to directly compare it against lower quality options.

Monitors are meant to measure flat.

This. Speakers aren't like headphones where you can quibble over what exactly neutral is and different measurement graphs and compensations while cherrypicking graphs.

Sean Olive is such a great man :

> If anything, we did Martin Logan a favor by including listeners off-axis since it scored worse for listeners sitting on-axis. The measurements indicate why: on-axis it's spectral balance favors the mids/highs making it sound harsh. The problem is ameliorated as you move off-axis.

Slaying audiophools left and right.

>The early results of that research suggest that today's youth prefer higher quality music formats and accurate loudspeakers when given the opportunity to A/B them under controlled, double-blind listening conditions. While it is refreshing news that good sound is not lost on today's youth, the challenge is to figure out how to market and sell it to them.
>It would appear that the reason kids don't own better sounding audio solutions has nothing to do with their supposed "deviant" tastes in sound quality, but more do with other factors (e.g. price, convenience, portability, marketing, fashion) that have nothing to do with sound quality. Music and audio companies should take notice that kids can indeed discriminate between good and bad sound, and prefer accurate sound, despite what the media has been falsely reporting for the last few years. With that out of the way, we should focus on figuring out how to sell sound quality to kids at affordable prices and form factors they desire to own.

Unless you've blind tested flat monitors, don't go pushing your 'High no-Fi' crap.

Can we talk about earbuds here too or no? I got a no name pair of wireless for christmas but they stop working when i go snowboarding. Im just connecting them to my phone but id like something a bit nicer.
I think id like wired unless namebrand wireless is better, mainly using them for sports ect. In the us and ive got around $100

TFZ series 4

Il look into them. Any reason you recommend them over something else?

Biggest reason is that I've heard them and they sound pretty damn good. The cable is also great, ergonomically speaking.

How?

Those are pretty solid points. Do they stay in place pretty well? I hate having to take off gloves and a helmet because one of the earbuds decided to go rouge

>how to sell sound quality to kids
hd600

The cable and shape of the earphone itself helps it sit pretty solidly in the ear. Out of all the cheapish IEMs I've tried, it stays in the best. Of course, this is dependent on your ear shape so I can't guarantee you'll have the same experience but mine was great.

>t.I listened to shitty speakers from the 80s with shitty drivers and magnets that sound either too boomy or screamy because the person owning them overused the DSP or equalizer and every non-"active" """"monitor"""" speaker is shit even though I haven't heard good speakers before.

I looked at a few reviews and it looks like they come with a bunch of the squishy in ear piece, im sure one of them will fit well.
Il look up some more but these are at the top right now. Thanks man.

If it doesn't measure flat in an anechoic chamber - not the same thing as how they measure, you know, once in a room, then they're crap. Period. Good speakers are flat speakers. Your hifi snake oil is garbage and the few times I've heard the typical hifi system pushed onto audiophools such as the ones owned by some of my friends they always sound like garbage.
Also never said that non-active speakers are bad, nice strawman. But these days there's not much reason to buy non-active speakers unless you're going to to power a very large venue and need some seriously powerful gear. You can get reasonably priced powered speakers that measure flat and will push sound loud enough to make you deaf in your own home so why would you go look for anything else?

Not him, but unpowered speakers follow the UNIX philosophy better. Each device does one thing and does one thing well - one amplifies signal, one takes signal and turns it into sound.

And finally, no matter how much you wish for your magical fairies appear in your sound systems, blind test do not lie. Harman's research has proven, time and time again, that flat speakers are what wins all hearts. When people don't see the brand and price tag on the speaker they chose the one that measured flat.

>Your hifi snake oil is garbage
What speakers do I have?
>Also never said that non-active speakers
>nice strawman

Are you having some super extreme Alzheimer's that you even forgot what you wrote a sentence ago?

You seem to think passive speakers can't be flat and that every amp/receiver colors the sound.
Did you know (of course you didn't) that you can disable the DSP on amp/receivers and act the same fucking way cheap ass monitor does?
The best audio comes from passive speakers that is hooked up to a good amp/receiver.

Again, tell us what kind of speakers I am using, because it sounds like you think I have some Cerwin Vega trash.

It's pretty obvious that you feel too attached to your purchase since you felt the need to defend monitors the moment you saw me posting about speaker monitors without actually understanding what I wrote.

By the way some of the recent research by Harman on refining a headphone target curve that would be most preferred on average has led to some funny statistics.

listeninc.com/wp/media/Perception_and_-Measurement_of_Headphones_Sean_Olive.pdf

> Conclusion: Females like less bass
and treble than males. More research
is needed to confirm this.
Could it be, HD600 fanboys really are soyboys?

Currently
SuperCell - Today is a beautiful day - Kimi no shiranai monogatari

Holy shit

Rate my HD600 EQ

>Could it be, HD600 fanboys really are soyboys?
memes are real

How can you add sub-bass to something like an HD 600 without introducing a fuck-ton of distortion?

I'm not disagreeing but you literally said more research needed to confirm this. So its not proven and is just a theory.

It's """""""euphonic"""""""" so it's okay.
But for real, it's because my listening volume is pretty low relative to most others. So I have a lot of headroom so to speak.

A game theory!

Ah, I see

That treble peak you're hearing in Sinegen at ~7.5 kHz is your ear canal + concha system's three-quarter wavelength resonance. That is present in your everyday hearing and thus should not be EQ'd out. I know all the online EQ guides say to EQ it out. They are wrong.

I don't hear the peak on my studio monitors.

>You seem to think passive speakers can't be flat
Again with the strawman? can you quote the actual place where I said that?

I love puffy vulva

When you quote the actual place where I told you which speakers I had that you so eagerly wanted to trash talk about.
Why you had to claim my speakers to not sound flat in the first place is also a fucking mystery only you could solve because you're the one dreaming it up.

I tried it and the ones i orderd were faulty, I can't get the nokia one in this country

phon.ucl.ac.uk/courses/spsci/AUDL4007/12.pdf
>The first resonance for an open tube that is 2.3cm long should occur at a frequency of 3696Hz. The next resonant frequency should occur at 3X3696Hz=11,088, the next at 5X3696Hz=18,480Hz, and so on.
>Note too the resonant peaks at about 2.5kHz that can be seen for all angles of presentation. These result from a quarter-wavelength resonance arising from the combined ear canal and concha (the shallow bowl in the pinna that leads directly to the ear canal). This resonance is at a lower frequency than that seen for the ear canal alone, because the concha effectively adds to the length of the ear canal.
>3x2500=7500
The commonly reported ~7.5 kHz treble peak that people hear with Sinegen is your ear's natural way of hearing.

Okay, but I don't hear it on my studio monitors. Why is that?

Does anyone have a referral/coupon for Nuraphones?

Valentines coupon expired just before credit went through.

Its so simple, you buy he500

Have you EQ'd your monitors with a measurement mic to the listening position?

If I was buying LS50 versus LS50-Wireless I'd worry about the amp breaking on the powered version, but for $100 each I'm okay with active speakers.

Speaking of nearfields, if I wanted to wall mount a pair higher up pointing down so I can have multimonitor setup again, what would be a good pair? I was looking at the Neumann KH120, but the manual said shit needs to be a minimum of 0.8m/2.5' from the wall. I am using a sub.

I don't have a calibrated measurement mic, but I have taken some cursory measurements with admittedly subpar gear. I don't believe there is a null at 7.5K on my monitors.

Also, I just tried getting rid of the 7.5K filter and the "SH SH SSSSS" sounds hurt. Fuck if it's correct, I'll leave it on because it sounds good.

youtube.com/watch?v=K7FnExSzCdk

You're alright.

>Fuck if it's correct, I'll leave it on because it sounds good.
That's obviously perfectly OK.

Hes you're fucking twin basically. You two should fuck and talk about horos favorite headphones (PS grados don't work on fox ears!)

only a few more days to go friends

>Does anyone have a referral/coupon for Nuraphones?
Why would anyone buy this? All the comfort of an in ear monitor penetrating your canal along with the comfort of over-ear headphones and their weight. Wat?

ugreen's adapter works just as well as the nokia. i have both

If it's worse than the SR303 I'm going to be extremely angry

Imagine having a life so shitty that all you have to look forward to is limp dick bass impact, rollercoaster treble response and electrocution risk.

why the fuck would it be worse

>electrocution risk.
It's less of a headphone and more of a plausible deniability suicide device

you never know what will go wrong

i also bought the modular cans

i'm buying for the memes

don't wig out lmao

I'm not a pussy, don't worry about it

You sound upset do you need a hug?

I've seen a lot of concern trolling about the l300le it's amazing

are you into BDSM

I really doubt that any of it's legitimate. This is a crowd that refuses to EQ, after all. You could probably EQ a L300 to sound like a L700 if you're good enough.

I'm going to try and audition some 007s and such, I seriously doubt they will be different in any aspect other than FR.

have you worn them before? do they feel uncomfortable? reviewers just complain about the weight rather than the comfort.

Please help me daddy:

>Budget
Sub $100, but not suuuppper chink shit

>Location
USA

>Source
Desktop Computer without external DAC

>Type of headphone
Full-sized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
As comfortable as I can get for the price, but comfort is definitely secondary.

>Sound signature
V-shaped.

>Past headphones
PDP Afterglows
>pic related

>Make sure to keep your Windows volume at 50% for maximum THD performance in both headphones and speakers
Is this true? I've never heard this before.

Already suggested this to another, but the m40x are on sale for 79 on amazon.

This guy knows his shit though look at those replies

Do you have a cheap mic recommendation to go along with it?

pretty cringey man

Vmoda, Mod Mic, Zalman, neewer, there are a lot of choices.

Why'd you copy that other Horo user's image?

No. Software volume is best left at 100% to prevent loss of dynamic range.

I thought 100% is used to prevent Windows from doing anything to fuck with it. Drivers for my amp+dac disable the Windows volume slider altogether, same volume level at 100% and 0%

That's flat bass for ya

Software volume should be set via preamp to whatever setting is necessary to prevent clipping with your EQ preset.

It's gonna be better than the older Lambdas if the first feedbacks from auditions are to be trusted.
Not as good as the L700 though, so might as well just add $100 and buy a used one.

Auditions can rarely be trusted.

Feel free to rationalize your purchase.

>Headphone guide: canpicker.com/
ah, now I get why this thread is shilled constantly since the last year or so, I never bothered to check until now. It's a literal shill thread. Not that I should be surprised since we have resident cyclic shill threads like the chink one.
Damn, 4chins has really gone downhill in the last years

Thanks, I will.

no one cares buddy

>Damn, 4chins has really gone downhill in the last years
Cred Forums has never been good you're looking back with rose colored glasses

You guys are so funny. I can't wait to hear you complain when you'll receive your sub-par Lambda.
Keep lying to yourselves.

take your concern trolling out of here and kys

It amazes me how bitter people can become just from being unable to afford the newest toy. Because in the end, headphones are really just toys.

What are you bitching about?

You're a nut, Canucklehead. Crazy in the coconut.

The amount of mental gymnastics that will be on /hpg/ to justify that purchase will be amazing,
>kys
Nice gen z speak
Some people use headphones as tools, champ

>champ
Nice gen z speak

Some people who use headphones ARE tools. Case in point: you.

hi sapphire

Just because I can afford stuff doesn't mean I need to spend mindlessly.
Truth is the L300l is just a retard bait and you all fell for it. It's not an L700, it's not some hidden jewel that's gonna be better than Omegas, this is just an average sounding Lambda, priced accordingly to the shiny gold plates on the sides.
Even bigger joke is the retard here who also bought the amp.
>muh limited
Calm your hormones.

Damn you really changed my mind with that hot opinion, gen z. Enjoy that near non existent cs from STAX.

Prove, with verifiable measurable proof that:
A) You own headphones
B) That omegas are "better" than lambdas
>hot opinion
holy moly the gen z speak cut it out already we get it you're underage

>Truth is the L300l is just a retard bait and you all fell for it.
sick truth. prove that's what people were saying at the auditions you speak about. let's see your shit translations of comments that don't even exist. also, post pictures of your setup

>hot opinion
>gen z speak
The mental gymnastic are starting earlier than I thought.

>mental gymnastic
more gen z speak

>starting earlier
kind of like how we started earlier in life too, gen z

Jesus. That's some cancer.

>A) You own headphones
I don't. :-)
>B) That omegas are "better" than lambdas
Google "SR-xxx measurements" and audition them.
The L300L is at CamJam NYC at the Woowee Audio stand. Forums are gonna be full of feedback for you to read in your native language.
Feel free to give them a try if you live close, see if I'm lying.

>see if I'm lying.
no, give me the moon runes you speak about. I want to see you admit you are lying by not being able to produce them

Great, now everyone knows to disregard your opinions because you just admitted you
A) have zero subjective experience with the topic
B) have zero objective information to contribute
Nice!

There is objective information to your second concern from earlier, to which I pointed you to in my last answer. Now don't expect me to do everything for you, I couldn't care less about how you waste your money, I just enjoy seeing your poor mind go crazy about it.
Look around for yourself or stay uneducated.

>Look around for yourself or stay uneducated.
no. you are full of shit and that's obvious by this point. concern troll. we're done here

>It's not my job to make my argument, you must research the argument and make it for me.
Every time.

What does this mean ?

It means that people who prefer the L300/L500 to the L700 also prefer those two models to the L300le.
Really makes you think.

you've lost your privileges already

>I listened to both the L300L and L700 late on Sunday. Pretty sure the L300L has different pads than the regular L300 because I have pretty large ears and they barely touched the housing of the electrostat. My overall impression was that the L700 sounded a bit cleaner and more controlled than the L300L but I was listening to different songs through a different amp and at different sound levels so take that with a grain of salt. I'd say the L300L did sound quite similar to the L700, and one of the employees at the booth said there was little difference between the two, FWIW.

no, woo accidentally switched the L300 with the L300LE on the table or it led to some confusion or something. likely they thought the L300LE was the best out of the three

>Thanks for the impressions. We just got confirmation in the head-fi thread that Woo actually brought both a regular L300 and an L300 Limited so now it appears some people might have based their L300L impressions on the regular L300. Now I'm super intrigued if it did seem like L300L sounded pretty close to L700.

Well regardless, I'd take any impressions with a huge grain of salt. Audiophiles aren't the most sane people around.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the impressions. the concern trolls can kill themselves.

Exactly. Maybe I'll take something one of them seriously when they can prove they actually own headphones.

yup. cancerous fucks

>I was absolutely blown away by the L700 and L300L -- I listened to every TOTL at the show and only the Abyss Phi sounded better than the L300L and L700 to me.

Is that your new favorite word? Just because someone looked at all the information available and decided the l300le is a poor purchase doesn't mean they're a concern troll.

Still waiting on those measurements, NHA

that's exactly what they are when they are lying about the information they don't have and refuse to post evidence of. then they pretend to help. that's exactly what concern trolling is and what you or he is.
>I just enjoy seeing your poor mind go crazy about it.
kay

now imagine if your package was crushed during shipping.

at first I was like haha fuck you everything would be okay, but the more I thought about it the worse it gets