Average American house

>average American house

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echter_Hausschwamm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Garage and windows.

Those are the extra-wide doors for the guests that can't fit through the front.

But how do you get inside?

I wish I could born in U S and A

leld

This is the real average american house.

I would love to live above the garage and peek out the windows while I'm high and paranoid. Also, that little balcony is awesome.

A FUCKING WOOD

Wood is prettier, obviously. Too bad that USA has tornadoes among other things.

comfy

>What things of England shall we keep after Independence General Washington?
>Their common law and their language
>and what of our houses
>from Norway...

Smh

>an american made a funny post

That's rare, good job mate.

These ones look better, i don't know why would want a house as big as

Nice fake bricks, faggot. What's the matter, did you run out of money before you managed to put roof shingles on the garage dormers? I bet a cripple could kick in that cardboard front door.

why can't south americans into personal space

my house

You can have personal space in your bedroom if you want, no need for a house for 8 persons

No matter how big the house, you're not going to have personal space if your walls are thinner than your wrists and your parents can hear you masturbate through closed doors.

Pffft hahah you call that average?
Step up your game, Americlaps

I recognise that house, it's in Kirkjubour, faroe is.

escapism

Lies. This house is clearly build with stone, and not cardboard.

is not the answer

Clearly not.

nevermind that guy, in spain we all live in flats actually, and probably have way less personal space than you

To make it more expensive than it is. Which in my eyes makes no sense because everyone's doing it so everyone knows.

you just don't understand it. a bedroom does not provide sufficient personal space. being able to walk around a large and open house is fantastic. also the yards are great
americans don't live with their parents past 17 or 18. also the walls in europe are much thinner
this is my least favorite thing about spain

Average Norwegian house, albeit the color is not the most typical (white is)

*look more expensive

On a related note that's also why their cars look like imitation Bentleys and Range Rovers.

It's cheaper to build a house made of cardboard and glue thin brick veneer to it.

It's represents USA as a whole.

A large house is fucking terrible because it requires more effort to keep clean and will feel like an empty warehouse (even acoustically and in temperature and draft) unless you stuff it with useless crap.

>On a related note that's also why their cars look like imitation Bentleys and Range Rovers.
*with built-in fall-apart.

>brick veneer

That style went out in the 80's. I've never built a house with that.

I like American drivetrains, they're very generously sized and accordingly sturdy and left with lots of remaining power potential, sadly they're then surrounded with complete piles of garbage.

I won't deny i like being close to people in my house, but a bedroom provides all the personal space you need

Why the fuck are you always online posting about "your" experience as a house builder whenever there's a thread about American houses? Do you even have a job?

I like that, but the blue trim could be a different color.
What is the roof material made of?

We have brick veneer all over the place in Toronto suburbs built at least in the 2000s. It probably depends on the location and fad.

if you live alone maybe
also house cleaners are very cheap in the US (hopefully trump doesnt get elected)
If you can afford lots of cool shit, why not? it's not really useless to have things that you like

>average American house after I rip a MAD Germanic fart in the driveway

It's Saturday, last time I did was weeks ago.
Why you always post the same old pics?

No, it's not. Get that mcmansion trash outta here, fool.

>the brick fireplace survives

kill me

Because they're fitting.

Because posessions require upkeep and are a load on your mind.

>he unironically had to travel Europe and work on construction sites here to actually learn how a house is supposed to be built because in America all you can find is plywood craft sets

Life is pain

maybe all the personal space that you NEED, but having the extra space is a luxury. i guess your preference really depends on your culture and personality- an introverted american will want a lot more personal space than an extroverted colombian

>off center entrance
I really should.

not if you can get enjoyment out of those posessions.

Yep, that's me. I have worked on very few houses as high quality as a German house. Nobody pays us to do it, they could if they wanted to. When you can get a decent livable house in an area with no natural disasters for $40,000, why not?

wake me up inside

My enjoyment of furniture that's just in my home to fill empty space would be limited.

Nothing wrong with that, it should have double doors though.

Why don't you paint those bricks or cover them with something? It's favela tier.

>they could if they wanted to
No, they couldn't. Their loan isn't big enough.

why don't you plaster your houses

a little color would help

No space for double doors, the small window besides the entrance is probably already part of the bathroom.

>painted bricks
What the fuck dude?

Unlike GB at that time we had essentially infinite timber resources. It was cheaper and quicker to use source versus using brick.

Not sure what you mean. A bank will loan you too much money if you let them. I could have got a huge loan but chose to not to.

'new builds' have ruined our country from the 1930s-present. they're built super fast to alleviate housing pressures

there is no thought given to design at all

Plaster is fucking cancer. It makes the entire outside of the house a single colored, monotonous surface. Brick or wood finishes look FAR better than this endless awful plaster hell.

>It makes the entire outside of the house a single colored, monotonous surface
>implying this looks better

Can't tell if new or 60 years old. In any case they should plant some fucking trees.

can't wake up

That looks much better than bricks, but why do most people use the same color?

fucking faggots

You're comparing a detached house to a flat front of row houses right now, you moron. If two houses are otherwise the same shape, a wood or brick finish house WILL look better than a plaster finish house.

Average brazilian house

>>painted bricks
>What the fuck dude?

Welcome to the new world.

Forgot pic
>average parisian suburbs house

Someone with the money to build OPs pic isn't using fuck stone. The fucking thing probably has rare imported stone and timber for no real reason other than it sounds good.

comfy tbqh

Kowloon-tier

>at the club
>pic related slaps your house on the ass

What do, Americans?

Building codes I think, you have to get both your outside finish and color and your roof color approved by the municipality and unless it's represented by a clown you're usually restricted to a palette of inoffensive pastel colors and a roof that blends into the street.

kek

>usa
>tornadoes
>houses made of paper

>europe
>no tornados
>houses made of brick and reinforced concrete

really makes you think

cities usually have rules on that and development areas (pic looks like one) are especially nazi in that regard
we tried to paint our house a light blue when we renovated but weren't allowed because it would ruin the ensemble
>detached
>next house is literally three steps apart

Where I grew up. If you like street walkers, drugs, police, crime, gangs, scum, cheap shit, then you'd love it here. Especially on the weekend.

Probably not, because otherwise he would've had to scale back the size. It's well known that Americans prefer "more" over "better".

>you just don't understand it. a bedroom does not provide sufficient personal space. being able to walk around a large and open house is fantastic. also the yards are great
I lived in my own bedroom and being unable to watch TV in your underwear is pretty good but it's not the best thing ever.

I still have never had my own yard though. Feels had.

>tornado in an area that has a club
We don't have clubs in the midwest we have bars.

That style is used out west here. I remember seeing it a lot in Colorado.

Why not use red bricks to begin with? Aren't bricks red anyway? Or are painted white fake bricks cheaper than red fake bricks?

You're still a fucking moron. The definition of "detached" is "not connected". Doesn't matter if there are three steps or three miles inbetween houses. And we both fucking know that Germany deals with limited space and properties aren't fucking gigantic.

Clay (like bricks) or concrete

Post pics of cool houses in your town. Pic related its only 60k

so because it's "detached" would make the whole street of brick houses look better than the brit picture above?

get lost

It's weird, you see photos of residential streets from the US and it looks like paradise, but then around the corner you get this shit and it suddenly looks borderline developing world, and it's probably closer to the average.

That makes sense. My favorite was the ones that were almost white, and then had the woodwork, don't remember what they were called.

Probably. A whole street of plaster doesn't look better either because it's completely textureless from more than a meter away, also it turns grey and then brown over time.

>Why not use red bricks to begin with? Aren't bricks red anyway? Or are painted white fake bricks cheaper than red fake bricks?
Clearly those are red bricks being painted white. Even the roller gives that away.

>decent livable house in an area with no natural disasters for $40,000
Where the fuck do you live where it is that cheap?

It depends on where you go in the state. You gota remember user America isn't Germany we aren't jammed together in a place half the size of Kansas.

$12,000, looked at it months back, needs maybe $6,000 in repairs.
Midwest

Do people not have landscaping in the UK? Everything is a small patch of grass and a few bushes.

/comfy/

You mean the "every single house in Bavaria looks like that, no exceptions, and they're all grossly oversized" look?

God that looks comfortable especially for only 12k. Is it near town or out in the country?

Actually the closest comparison in size would be Montana. It's only a little smaller or bigger, I can't remember which.

Hmm, there's a similar looking mansion in my city. It's a lot bigger though, it looks like a fucking castle, shape and 'towers' are identical though. Don't have the picture though.

i guarantee you these two anime posters are fucking morbidly obese and haven't showered in 4 years

It gets worst. E. Oak St, pic attached, and West End in general is worst than the first pic I showed you. This area is FILLED to the brim with drugs, hookers, pimps, street thugs, everything. Type of area you can't walk alone at night. And it's even worst when it's in Kentucky. But if you drive 30 miles north from here, you'll get to a brand new world where people drive Porsches, Teslas, Lamborghinis, and much more. It's fucking crazy.

thing is probably off the grid

Did they import Soviet architects?

"No, no Nigel is not depressing enough. Citizen may still have hopes."

>80 million people jammed into a country the size of Montana
You guys must be shoulder to shoulder over there.

that's council housing

like your projects

No, just the ones with the dark word patterns, like trim, but more. I can't explain very well.

It's just 1 guy with a proxy he name himself as "the qtie" and "the cosy"

you sure its 1 guy? damn thats sad

For your standards. I'd prefer it a little emptier at times, too, but what you guys are doing borders on a waste of space.

Maybe ten minute drive from a small town with 2 grocery stares and 3 gas stations, rural as fuck.
It has electrical, old telephone line internet that can handle 18mbps max, well water pumped from ground, and you have to fill a propane tank for winter to fuel furnace

I don't think you realize how disgustingly rich people like that are. I know a girl who lived in a slightly larger brick version if that. They had a fucking Nautilus machine in the basement.

He spams on lat a lot and always talk to himself saying sweet things like if ""they"" where a couple

You're going to have to be specific because there is so much you could be talking about.

these houses always have spiders and mould and shit

and the water is brown when it comes out of the sink

there's a reason it costs $5

>rural as fuck.
but little to no niggers?

i'll buy that.
shoot some rounds in the yard and live a chill life in the wild

Wanting to be on the grid. Top Pleb.
>Midwest
Makes sense. I'm in NYC and from CT, everything is expensive.

It's funny because a rowing machine will engage most muscle groups for a fraction of the price of all these specialized gym contraptions.

Depressing. NYC projects are shit but I will say they learned the magic of planting trees. It makes them a little less depressing.

Ontonagon County, Michigan, 2nd largest county as far as land, I think
97.3% of the population were White, 1.1% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.1% Black or African American, 0.1% of some other race and 1.3% of two or more races. 0.9% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race)

They had a huge pool outside. I couldn't really rationalize the cost just to swim laps during the cold months. We do have gyms.

>0.1% Black or African American

I specifically made my post unspecific so that I wouldn't spout any bullshit that someone could call me out for.

It may be a subjective thing, but even though I'd like the average person to have a little more space around here I think that you guys are prioritizing size over quality a little too much in your residential developments, as made apparent by your building materials, your horrid energy usage and the fact that you drive more than twice as much as we do. I think the sweet spot is somewhere in the middle.

user you act like thats a hard thing to fix. Also they cost dirt cheap because folks in rural areas usually dont have alot of money to spend so trying to sell your house at suburban prices when a full farm can cost about 120k is just stupid.
Niggers live almost exclusively in the city. The closest thing you are going to get to a nigger in a rural area is the local college kids or rich kids who are basically niggers who want to be "country"

aren't countryside people dumb as rocks

Spiders? Maybe. Mold, no, illegal to sell a house with mold without it being disclosed.
I live in the biggest county Marquette, 1.7 % black. Places like this do exist.

$32,000 for this one by me

Loads of ppl cut down their trees because of it blocking sunlight into their house..

>I will never ever live in the US

Not really dumb, but simple.

Mould is hard to fix on a wooden house. A little too much of it and you can basically tear down the entire place.

run outside and shake my dick at it

You want to marry my fat sister and become US citizen?

would she be cute if she lost weight?
how fat?

I was about to ask if you also had a slim but less intelligent sister, but then I realized that even average Americans are already kinda stupid and someone below that level would be unbearable to live with.

Houses are normally done for and destroyed if it goes beyond basement walls or window areas.
Looks like Drew Barrymore but with 10 kilos added

So fat that even an American thinks it's worth mentioning

I have some super hot cousins in Spain.
I know the European standard of fat

give me her whatsapp dude

user do you really think the united states is just over flowing with blacks? They are extremely concentrated in the more massive cities. Chances are if you are rural you will have maybe one black family in a town 30 minutes away from you by car.
Well user im sorry to tell you this but like I said the united states is a big place and all of this depends on where you live. If you dont want to drive you are going to live in a city, if you want cheap houses you are going to live away from the city and need to drive, if you want energy efficiency you will need to live in a hippy state like Colorado, if you want good building materials you need to buy into middle to upper middle class housing or build your own house.

>americans actually do this

>user do you really think the united states is just over flowing with blacks?
no but i want to avoid them anyway
really wish there were a good size US city worth a damn with virtually no blacks

I like to drive, but I know that the average person doesn't (and in case of Americans cares so little about it that they're all fucking horrid at it) and that it's a huge waste of time and resources. In a well planned urban area it should be an option, not a necessity.

Don't know if she has one, not doxxing me or her anyways
>good size US city worth a damn with virtually no blacks
I don't think you will find one that has more than 20,000 people

I'm surprised that they can do that without breaking through the roof.

>Don't know if she has one, not doxxing me or her anyways
why do you ask me if i want to marry her then
asshole

Joke, dummy.
Just come here, girls will love you accent.

>German engineering.

No, American engineering, that's why I'm surpised.

Not sure of fat joke or construction joke, probably both

You will get a joke out one day Germany and we will all be there and we will all have a good laugh so keep trying!

What joke?

Your entire country

are you 2 in the right thread?

see

I'm looking at houses right now. Should I go with this...

(the green one)

.... Or this?

in USA, especially in warm areas, garages are build the way that you can live in them. and i am not even kidding.

friend of me even made Garade into living and hobby room as soon he got a car which wasnt capable to fit into the garage anymore.

I dunno. Where, how much?
Get it inspected, and NOT by the one the realtor recommends, ask around for a good one.

state?

Wait a minute, are those actual roof tiles? You must be a rich man in the United States of Asphalt Slabs Roofs.

So your choice is tiny house or big house...

hmmmmmmmm........ hard choice

Turning a garage into a living area is very redneck, appropriate pic.

Only if they have real yards, which most British houses don't. Most have either no front yard or like a 2x3 meter patch of grass.

Why the fuck did he buy a car that didn't fit in the garage?

Also the average American garage will be declared done halfway into building it.

#1 is Bitumin with slate on the front. #2 is tile.

Most euro garages, if they even have one which most dont, can't even fit a modern car.

The townhouse is 240 sq meters. It goes back pretty far.

Are there houses like these in bergen? Looks comfy af

Post more unfinished projects user. It gives me an urge to do lots of things

well mate you're supposed to mainly consider the location and the interior, not the front face of the house

you're going to be living in the house, not looking at it from a bench outside

We say "I am taking Obama to the White House" instead of saying "I'm taking a shit".

Funny?

Go for the detached house.

Technically I agree that our garages date back and that some are horribly small, but cars have also become stupidly big.

does your americar get upset if it can't see outside?

A better one is "dropping the President off at the pool" or "Be back in a second boys I need to go give birth to our next President". But you tried Germany and that's what matters to me.

not really. many people do garage into such stuff. i once read that in some towns people move into garages during summer time because its cooler there. there is even a journal for people who then build their garages "capable to live in"

thanks Oama care he was capable to afford new pick up car.

btw in Germany we use to seal wall with Klinker because it keep german weather away from the house walls. i once saw house rotting away by "wandpilz" (wall mushroom) in the hot areas it is used to keep the heat away from the walls. this way you keep weather change out of your house and it gives better regulated temperature inside of your house. the downside is that if house is build out of concrete or wood you will can get problem with humidity inside of the house.

really makes you think

are you renting or buying these?

We need a much bigger population to even start finishing that project desu. Besides I would rather be an unfinished project vs being a project that was finished and is still shitty like Germany.

>implying there's a car parked in that garage and not just a pile of junk because a basement for storage would've been too expensive to build

I grew up in a garage while my folks saved money for the farm. Its very cool in the summer and it doesn't take much to keep it warm in the winter because of how small it is.

>wall mushroom

The interiors and locations are both good. My main concern beyond that is making euros feel inadequate on a Hokido bird watching forum.

People make work spaces in garages, but if you open the big door and see a couch, that's redneck.
Most houses have basements, like almost all of them. In the south in some areas the ground is rock, so they don't

Buying, motherfucker. Renting is for chumps.

ironic but many private americans houses dont have realy basement like in Europe. maybe this is why they tend to live in garages. i personaly move into basement during the hot summers. its cooler and you always have friends to snip some beer together.

Average Canadian "House"

Almost all American homes have basements you dunce

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echter_Hausschwamm

>ironic but many private americans houses dont have realy basement like in Europe
Yes they do.
>maybe this is why they tend to live in garages
?????????????

What the fuck are you on about? Nearly all of them have basement.

Tell that to King of the Hill, motherfuckers.

no they dont.

nigger. only town houses have basements. private average houses in USA usually dont have basements.

I think that show was in Texas where the ground is rocky, they don't build basements.
In the Midwest I have never seen a house without a basement.

You rarely ever see a home here without one. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

>private average houses in USA usually dont have basements.
How many times do you need to be told that they do? It is very rare a house does not have a basement. You have been told by multiple posters

What? I've only ever seen a couple homes in my entire life without a basement in the US.

Grandson talks to his grandpa.

Grandson: I am going on a vacation to Amsterdam next week.
Grandfather: The girls in Amsterdam are the most beautiful in the world. They will try to kiss you the moment they see you.

When the grandson is in Amsterdam he sees truly beautiful women. He's trying to hug and kiss them but they all just gibe him a slap in the face.
At home he tells his grandfather about his misfortune.
Grandfather: I cannot believe you, grandson. With whom did you go to Amsterdam?
Grandson: We were on school trip.
Grandfather: Ah-- I see. I went with the Waffen SS.

Funny?

you maybe have different understanding about basement.

Actually this house has a basement, this house doesn't.

you buying the whole thing? mortgage?

Basement - one or more floors of a building that are either completely or partially below the ground floor.

No, pretty sure I understand it perfectly.

yeah

Tiled roofs are actually pretty common in many parts of the US

da fuck, is this in Connecticut?

t. Milford senpai we eatin

mortgage?

Portland or Seattle would fit well, Salt Lake City even more so.

True. German's think of a basement as a shared underground apartment area. In america we have our own houses with private basements. This concept might be hard for a German to understand.

yeah

Wood is comfy though

I believe everyone who buys a house in the US takes out a mortgage to pay for it, but I could be wrong. In any case refer to

you call floors with windows as basement (day light basement). in Germany its first floor.

Ignore him, he doesn't think his house has a wood frame.

>average American house

first 5 years. then its all run against rotting and termites

FYI the original Chrysler 300 (2005) was a joint project between Chrysler and Mercedes. The 2005-2009 is better than a Bentley fight me

Why is the mortgage system in the UK so fucked? They don't really have simple long-term fixed rate mortgages. Most of their homes are also leased rather than owned. Why would anyone think that leasing a home is a good idea?

You mean like this? I spent 6 months in Germany, and you guys call these basements also

What the fuck are you even talking about?

All wood is pressured treated and a wood preservative is forced into wood, forming a chemical barrier against termites and decay.

Soldat?

This 2bh. I understand completely the concept of renting an apartment/flat (most Americans in cities do this) and that homeownership isn't as big a deal in Europe as it is in the States, but leasing ""your"" own detached house seems odd.

>mfw I have a 20 year fixed at 3%

Half basements, or walkouts, or split levels, something like that.

>Why is the mortgage system in the UK so fucked?

Lords and Esquires.. Lords and Esquires..

lol at 32k$ for that
its basically a trailer with a tilted roof..

Nein. Ich hatte ein Praktikum.
Please don't make me speak any more German. I am very bad at it.

I couldn't really understand it. They generally pay the same amount for a "leasehold" as they do a "freehold", though most homes are now leased there rather than owned. Investing hundreds of thousands of pounds in a property that you don't even own sounds like an insanely bad idea.

All of which are at least partially below ground and below the main floor and thus basements

>trailer

$500 to $1,000, want it? There are many here.

The current 300 still uses the exact same hand-me-down 90s E-Class platform as when it was introduced over 10 years ago. It's a big, cheaply made shitbarge for posers, and in the US people will instantly think "nigger" when they see one.

Yep, that's what we call them.

Not really, the 2005 300 was one of the highest rated cars when it came out and is still insanely popular with everyone. You're a ding dong klaus

>this baffles the russian

It's a craptub with an interior made from grey Fisher Price leftovers.

I have a 2015 as a lease and the interior has been stepped up
>tfw shifting gears with a knob
this is the future lad

I don't know what the other dude is talking about, but never buy a Chrysler product, worst American cars.
I buy Honda cars and Chevy trucks.

British housing is y far the worst in the western world. ugly on the outside, small on the inside and extremely expensive.

>extremely expensive
I have seen some pics and prices of Brit houses here outside of big cities that were very nice and not expensive.

Pretty much. Glad I moved out of that shit hole and bought myself a cheap, comfy American home.

>as a lease
>shifting gears with a knob

Yeah

Why would anyone want to own the same car for more than 2 years???

madman

Those were either old ads or cherrypicked. British housing in pretty much all areas is hugely expensive, especially when you look at cost/income multiples.

Frugality maybe

I still don't understand cars on finance

you basically rent the thing for 3 years and you replace it with a new one?

Why do you keep picking such bad cars that you need to exchange them every two years?

You've been had, mate. Leasing is almost always a shit idea. As is getting a new car every two years. Might as well just flush your cash down the toilet.

With a lease you are renting a car for the most expensive part of it's life, not smart.
Former car salesman here.

There's nothing to really understand. It is a dumb thing that dumb people do.

It's like a house, you put a down payment on it and pay the rest off in monthly installments. That guy is being rather wasteful with it IMO.

Ya I get a new car every 2 years so I can try everything. I've been with the same dealership for a while so I get gr8 r8s
I never have to take them in for anything besides an oil change try again klaus
only good answer
Leasing can be a dumb idea if you suck at paying on time
idc i want to drive literally everything and it's really not that expensive

>I've been with the same dealership for a while so I get gr8 r8s

Good lord, mate. Might as well just drop your pants and bend over.

And no, leasing is ALWAYS a bad idea. It is much worse if you don't pay on time, but there is almost no situation in which it is a decent plan.

Oh well, it's worth it to have something new every couple years and not have to worry about selling or maintenance

>I've been with the same dealership for a while so I get gr8 r8s

Yes, this is what we tell you......(you're not)

No, it isn't worth it unless you get enjoyment out of throwing your money away.

>Literally wasting heaps of money just to have the latest status symbol

Stay wagecuck

He's a car salesman's dream

Speaking of cars, a while ago I had the idea of getting a V6 Catfish for my next car but I decided against it. How much of a disaster did I avoid?

Like in pic?
Avoid at all costs, stay away mein fruend

I might
there has literally never been a point in my life where I said to myself "dang I wish I had a couple extra thousand", get a job pinko and maybe you can be a wasteful American like the rest of us

>suburban living
I'd rather go alcoholic in a trailer park.

No, probably worse. One particular example was painted like the Ohio Highway Patrol though which I found pretty cool. I'm gonna buy one of these soon instead, they're the last of the unkillables before it all went to shit at Mercedes.

Pretty sure that pic is in the city, 2bh. But agreed in general sentiment.

I don't know anything about those.
Buy VW if you must, or Merc if you can.

my house

I have a job. I own my own company. Wasting money is stupid, no matter how much you have.

That home is in a city you nonce.

>Buying a Mercedes

Not even once.

The quality of Euro automakers has really gone downhill. By many measures they are behind American manufacturers now and have been for some time.

Well okay but looking at the pic, what's the difference after all? You still have just as much privacy as in a suburban sheep housing. You could live in an apartment block as well but only with considerably lower expenses.

The city is far denser, and thus amentities are a lot closer, often even resulting in a car being unnecessary; IDK where that pic is from, but more than half of New Yorkers and a quarter of Bostonians and Chicagoans don't own a single car.

Used to live in the suburbs. I like city living most of the time, but suburbs are still pretty chill. There's good and bad to both.

You generally get a more stable area, more land, lower costs, bigger house, your yard isnt overlooked, safer, fewer minorities, etc.