Where's the best place to emigrate in Asia?

Cred Forums,

This is it, I've had it. I work in the City but I want to go elsewhere. I always wanted to spend a couple of year in Asia before I turn 30, and now is the time.

Which country would be a good place for me to go and work? Currently on the list:

>Japan
Expensive
Crazy working hours
Fun

>South Korea
Crazy working hours
Hot chicks!
Fun
Cheaper than Japan
Awesome neighbours

>China
Working hours can be ok
2nd world
Lung cancer

>Taiwan
Work again
Tiny
More relaxed (?)

Any suggestions? I have experience in both IT and insurance.

Other urls found in this thread:

yellowbridge.com/chinese/radicals.php
trinity.edu/sfield/chin1501/ToneChange.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kazakhstan is the only anwser.

Sorry should have mentioned, I don't want to be murdered

Israel is The only answer

Thailand.

But you don't want to hear that, you want to go to one of those meme Asian countries where the people are overworked, miserable and hate foreigners with a passion.

Sage.

Been to Thailand as a tourist. I have nothing against it, but I don't think either IT or insurance would work there?

Happy to be proved otherwise, but witnessing your saltiness and saging tells me you have no intention of doing that

No that's fair, I apologize.

I have nothing more to contribute though but have a bump on me.

the first train was in 1804
200 years later we still have no trains in Israel

No worries, thanks for the bump

Damn, I like trains

I would think IT experience would carry you almost anywhere now days. Especially being a 1st world english speaker.

why did your people only learn from our destructive sides when you were here?

The middle east

haha alri thailad

what

also, op, taiwan is bretty third world... looks can be deceiving

the only point where Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan don't fail is the crazy amount of Ladyboys in Thailand though.

Singapore and Vietnam popped in my mind too, what about them?

t. Zhang Wei of the people's internet defence force

Do you know any East Asian languages, and are you going to go there completely alone?
How much time are you willing to put into learning a language?

looking pretty third world to me pieter

Looks like regular East Asia, only in Taiwan scooters are the most popular means of transportation. Literally the only difference. Bicycles are rising in popularity by the way, and they're expanding the railways and subway rail-networks.

Hong kong if you are a brit since they worship us there.

Singapore is good too if you are a Brit then just take a cheap holliday to the philippines/Indonesia for beaches and bitches

I haven't checked Singapore actually, could be a good shot. How's the work culture there?

HK could work but you probably end up a literal slave there.

Pretty comfy compared to the East asian countries. If you have worked in London(And I mean white collar jobs) then you would fit in fine.A lot of expats and foreign workers so its not all strict chinese culture that you might think off

Good to know. I'll do some research. Thanks.

Singapore

>no Singapore

>South Korea
>Fun

Was told by a friend who'd been there 5 years that they have "mad parties". That's all I know, hence why I asked here

Been to all 4 - was expat in two

Food:
Taiwan
Japan
China
Korea

Working (in terms of relax workplace & hours):
China
Taiwan
Japan
Korea

Cost of living with the wages you are paid:
China (you can easily negotiate 10000-20000rmb and I paid 1000rmb/mo for a shitty studio in the middle of Chongqing)
Taiwan
Korea
Japan

Culture:
Japan
Taiwan
Korea
China

Transport:
Japan
Korea
Taiwan
China

Women:
Japan
Taiwan
Korea
China

Consumerism:
Japan
China (if including a trip to Hong Kong)
Taiwan
Korea

Nationalism (racism)
Korea
China (avoid discussing politics)
Japan
Taiwan

Friendliness towards foreigners :
China
Taiwan
Japan
Korea
Language barrier (easiest to learn and use english):
Japan (thanks weeaboos)
Korea
China/Taiwan

Country with the stupidest fucking laws:
China

People ITT suggesting singapore - that is a overpriced shit hole with a nanny government worse than China.

Not like you need them. You can walk across the country in a day or so.

So your conclusion would be either Japan or Taiwan.
I lived in Japan and I wouldn't exactly say that the language barrier is small, so I guess the others must be really bad.

>mad parties
yes, getting piss drunk is literally the only "fun" there is in Korea.
The country is completely devoid of any leisure activities other than consuming alcohol.

Banging, cheers m8. That's exactly the kind of post I was after.

Taiwan does seem good, also I already have 3 friends over there and there's basically 1 city that matters so I'm almost certain I'd get a job in Taipei. Not sure what the job market is like over there though.
Also they use traditional chinese which, if chinese wasn't hard enough, makes it even harder.

The three criteria I find important in your list are
>Working
>Language barrier
>Cost of living

Seems Taiwan is ok except for #2, but to be honest wherever I go that's unavoidable, and I know I will need to take language courses for a least a year before I take off

Thanks again for that list

kaohsiung is cheaper than taipei and more chill

Doesn't sound too different from here
>getting piss drunk
>no leisure activities other than drinking

I know Japan has got lots more entertainment available, but that's because they work 70 hours a week at best

Are there jobs in Kaohsiung ?

>Are there jobs in Kaohsiung ?
i would think so, a city doesn't grow to 2,7 million without jobs

So are you going to learn Mandarin?

Eastern Poland

taipei is expensive - however no where near as London or sydney. A studio apartment can cost 30000NTD/mo in taipei, however if you live in outer areas expect to pay 10000-20000NTD for a decent size apartment.

Taiwan transport is cheap and easy, you can get on a bullet train and you'll be in Taipei in 10 minutes.

Yes

I'll have to, I'd like to be able to understand at least the basics (spoken) before I go.

I have little hope to ever be able to read/write fluently, but if I can pick up the most common ones once there that'd be good enough.

>The best poo among poos

I live in London and pay £1,450/mo in rent for a studio, so I'm really not too scared about rent. Oh and my commute takes a solid hour, so what you describe sounds like a blast.

How did you do language-wise?

There are three tones.
First tone is a high sung tone, second tone goes up like a question, third tone is a neutral wavy tone, fourth goes down like a strong statement.
Download the ChineseSkill app for you phone. It has basic grammar to get you started and some vocab. You can use the built-in spaced repetition system for HSK levels 1-5 vocab, or use the Anki deck "spoonfed chinse" for vocab combined with example phrases.
Download the pleco dictionary for your phone.
For help with reading, read up on radicals.
yellowbridge.com/chinese/radicals.php
If you don't know what the components are of a new character you encounter, look them up and memorize the components for each character. Later you'll develop a good memory for the characters so you won't need this any more.
Watch the movies by Zhang Yimou, and watch the Three Kingdoms (2010) tv series for exposure.

And remember these rules for the tones.
trinity.edu/sfield/chin1501/ToneChange.html

Is Vietnam any good?

>There are three tones.
>First tone is a high sung tone
>second tone goes up like a question
>third tone is a neutral wavy tone
>fourth goes down like a strong statement
>There are three tones.

My bad, a bit sleepy here. I guess I didn't count the first tone in my head because it doesn't move so much. Somehow that makes it not feel like the others.

>bullet train to taipei in 10 minutes
yeah from taoyuan station
which itself isn't even connected to any local trains (yet)
bullet train in taiwan is cheap and on the level of japanese shinkansen but it's kinda pointless for anything other than going from one end of the island to the other quickly.
stations are always in the middle of nowhere and it only runs down the west coast anyway.
that being said, mrt in taipei is reliable and fast enough, buses in taipei are easy to use as well and the drivers are madmen so you're not gonna get stuck in traffic for all too long.

kaohsiung is mostly a car or bus commuter city still, metro network is very young and doesn't really cover the residential areas so even the main line is never really crowded and most space is being taken up by chink tourists with huge suitcases.

chinese isn't that hard OP, it's mostly a meme. tones aren't that big of a deal. it's all about repetition and practice.

sounds like you got punked by a bunch of Koreans

Does it trigger the elderly or something?

But there is a fifth tone that is actually neutral. And it's represented by nothing above the letter in pinyin.
1. ā
2. á
3. ǎ
4. à
5. a
I only had a few lessons once, though. So all of this should be taken with grains of salt. I'm tired, too. I'm going to bed.

Go to Israel, you work in (((the City))) you deserve to be around your people.

Thanks, bookmarked. I had a chinese gf so we went through tones, but hell is it confusing. Not difficult per se, but confusing!

Yeah I'd have thought a smaller city would rely on car a lot more than Taipei.

>chinese isn't that hard OP, it's mostly a meme. tones aren't that big of a deal. it's all about repetition and practice.
I guess I will find out soon, hope you're right! One thing I did pick up though is that the grammar is very simple.

Thanks Cred Forums, I'll keep that in mind

It's just confusing in the beginning. Once you've heard a bit of Chinese audio (both ChineseSkill and the Spoonfed Chinese deck have that) the tones will come pretty naturally to you.
Chinese is easier than Japanese in vocabulary and grammar, I'm sure you'll be able to get it to a reasonable level.

Hong Kong is best.

Nigga dont go china
Also dont go to south korea. Never ever in your life.(do visit but dont ever settle there)

Choose between taiwan and japan.
Trust me.

t.korean american whos been to all these places

Sounds like you had bad experience in Korea, what's so bad about it?

Taiwan is the best place for you, OP. I assume you dont have many skills to offer anf competition is high but Taiwan will give a job to anyone thats looks like they speak English, and the women are super hot and easy as fuck

Thailand is hell after you spend more than a few months there

>easy job
>easy and hot women
Good in my book, almost too good to be true. I have 5 years experience in IT and 2 in insurance. Not exactly an "executive" but not a "graduate" either

Sounds like the language will be the hardest bit, in the end. Thank you all for your contributions.

>no Finland

My work hours are from 9:30 to 18:00, what's crazy about that?

>Nationalism (racism)
Nationalism does not equal racism fuckface.

>inventor of gutter oil
>roads literally explode
>typhoons gangraped it
>SJW chimping out like niggers

If you are japanese I'm pretty sure that you work 2 extra hours every day.