Singapore Thread

HDB Cat Edition

Singapore info, tourism, and others thread
Ask us anything! Seek employment, advice and more!

Previous bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/taiwans-new-envoy-to-spore-accused-of-drink-driving
youtube.com/watch?v=lCxUeo57iVM
youtube.com/watch?v=vwAgNmWEMwg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump ;_;

do we have to have a thread?
Im thinking this is taking up space

If you want to summarise our country, imagine if trickle-down economics consolidated into a country, decided to kinda arm itself like israel and nearly sell out to coporations with the $$$ to flop it out

pls more cades

what time is there? it is 5 in the morning here

Is it easy for a stem ed student to move to singapore

The previous thread was a relative success I think, and /asean/ is chock full of flipfags and their Cred Forums crap.

Hello, it is barely past 6pm here.

Singapore is a research and technological hub, so why the hell not.
>Flag
Although you might not be used to the weather here.

Bump for no HDB cats reeee

Well One of the reasons i want to move there is the weather. I can't stand the 6 months of Cold and Darkness here

How about stray dogs then

I can't stand the 12 months of sun and heat here too my man

The cold wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't the darkness I would imagine.

How many hours of sunlight do you get during June?

I find it kind of strange that stray cats also live in colonies. Didn't Russia have to round up a bunch of stray puppers before their olympics in 2014(?)?

In June its we have like 2 hours of Darkness because of where Sweden is located and it can be vise versa in the winter

Yup, for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics. They're totally going to do the same again for the 2018 World Cup :/ I like doggos desu.

>Pic related, it's a pack of cats

Sunrise and sunset times barely change year round here, so that's a positive imo

For example last years december we got 2 hours of sunlight so seeing the Sun was quite strange

Any /private house/ bros here? Really want to go to all the neighbour's houses and stab all their dogs, especially at night.

Yeah sounds nice. But One thing i would miss is the snow if i moved to singapore

I'm coming to visit in a week. Prepare yourself.

My rich friend has a pommy called "Ah Boy" and it's the cutest damn thing ever pls don't

Snow's overrated lah

Nah m8 skeeing is One of the best sports there is would miss it alot

What's the difference between lah, meh and mah. You seem to inject those words after every sentence.

There's an indoor snow """"""city"""""" here that is practically a meme nowadays.

Pic related for you

Was this guy whipped?: straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/taiwans-new-envoy-to-spore-accused-of-drink-driving

>72 years old
No he won't be whacked, once you're over 50 or a woman you won't be whipped.

That shit is fine, sometimes the stray cats just climb on my car, and start meowing, I can't sleep properly at night. Really want to set it on fire.

t. Yishun cat killer

funny enough, i live on damn far away from Yishun, at least 1h drive

>Hating cats so much as to drive 1 hour just to kill a few random strays

Really makes me think...

Who's gonna win the Gp?

The car fuel isn't worth it tho. Don't care about cats in somewhere far away, only those that interfere with my shit.

>car fuel isn't worth it
>Not going to JB to kiasu a bit
Shiggydiggy

youtube.com/watch?v=lCxUeo57iVM

Lol, how cheap can Singaporeans get? Made me laugh tho

Really, the most cheap there is, ffs it's not even an isolated incident baka

youtube.com/watch?v=vwAgNmWEMwg

How much is a hooker in Singapoor?

Bumping with fresh OC

Too expensive. Local girls think they're entitled to $350/hr (230 euros). You're better off finding Chinese, Thai or Viet hookers tbqh.

Know a good Chinese lass, $110, 2 hours, unlimited shots, no room and condoms provided tho

Point a middle finger at it and take a picture :3

Damn, never really went that far tho. Are the foreign ones prettier? Also, what's the chance of getting shit like AIDS

>Foreign ones
In order of beauty:

Chinese
Malaysian
Viet
Thai
Flip

Chance of getting AIDS
The legal ones at the designated red light district should be very clean, they have to go for routine check ups. Obviously will be more expensive too. The freelance ones and those operating illegally (e.g. Orchard Towers) is more dangerous, just get some condoms and you're set. Tbqh the chances of getting AIDS from my Malay fwb is higher.

>Pic related, it's GOAT condom

I really hope your government is ok with cats. Cat rights = human rights

Damn, lol, if it were me i'll go for the legal ones. Better to spend that extra cash to not take the risk of contracting a disease that may follow me for life.

See: People can get away with it, if they bother to. Unlike Yishun cat killer

can some of you go sabotage verstappen in 1 hour? will give (You)'s

How do I say "normies out reee" or equivalent in Chinese?

Wait isn't Singapore F1 night race over, and why?

Are you our friend?

HDB doesnt allow cats but from what I've heard from someone is that they close one eye regarding this if you have one in your HDB.

repostin
how easy to get a job as an electrican engineer?
and how much is the salary?

That depends on what you mean by friend lah

Depends on your qualifications and experience.

>Salary
I want to say $4000 and above, but realistically it's closer to a $3000 if anything.

Engineering is in high demand now tbqh, most Singaporean students fall for the "BIZ SCHOOL" meme and go clubbing all night long.

Would you go out for a drink with me?

Probs

I want real snow ;_;

Where's the closest place we can go to see snow? ;_;

Snow City :^)

It's hot as fuck here, and you can't sweat because it's illegal. enforced by nature, through the 90% humidity.

It's basically a playground in a freezer. Quite comfy, if not for my face freezing.
SG working girls are indeed better class, and better service, from what I've heard.

Asia is for Asians ?
亚洲只为亚洲人。

Buy from duty free.

What do you think of Amos Yee?

But I'm not a yellow man...

Quite insignificant to us, doesn't affect our daily life. Imagine a chav insuting nicola sturgeon... That's how much it shook our nation. He got arrested to pacify those that filed the police report against him.

I felt sorry for him at first. Now he's just annoying and seeks attention.

I guess pretty close would be "現充滚蛋"
Pronounced "xian chong gun dan"

Dunno about chinese but in Japanese it's
リア充出て行け、リーーー

How come there are so many Indian in Singapore?What's the history behind it??

Just the Brits bringing their indentured servants with them to their colonies, nothing special.

Are there alot of europeans in Singapore living and working or isbit only chinese and malays

>Malaysians

Im aussuming chinky Malaysians and not malay

There is a sizeable number.
Sepoys? Were brought along, I suppose.

Bumping with qt gif

Noice noice

How's the F1 race

Ok, decent if you're into that kinda thing. It causes traffic to build up in that area, so some people don't like it.

>Noisy as F
>Traffic jam
>Drunk tourists
You tell me.

The only thing memorable about this race is the Monitor Lizard on the race track

What do most Singaporeans feels about Foreign workers? I heard there is a growing anti foreign movement going on there.

Is this just a meme or do most Singaporeans really hate foreigners or is it just towards PRC chinks?

f

Don't mind the migrant labour.

Some foreigners come, and compete for jobs, in which there already is a market surplus, which makes us angry.

We don't hate foreigners, but PRC chinks can get on our nerves. Visit soon ?

Probably cross empire cheap labour from back when we used it as a world port

Damn, would've been more memorable if the F1 driver splattered it

>yeah but that is extra price, im betting old frog's apartments come with those furnishings
No, flats are always sold without furniture, the furniture is here because it makes it more appealing.

Does Singapore even deserve status as a country? I think Malaysia, Indonesia, East Timor, Philippines and Papua New Guinea should just turn into Java t.b.h..

>Does Singapore even deserve status as a country?
It's national beer is good, therefore it is a country.

Otherwise who will we be part of? Malaysia? We hate them, they made Lee Kuan Yew senpai cry.

I bet there are no stray doggos in Singapore

Yes there are

There were some in little India so there's probably a lot more outside of the center

really? I thought Singapore is very strict and super clean cunt

you don't see it in the very city areas, more like round the commie blocks and the big parks.

>fare doger

Yes, what an evil dog
Our dogs don't have like rabies and shit tho

RABIES FREE YO !!!

Seriously, our country has no rabies, and if you bring it in, the govt will behead you.

Well we haven't be beheading brazillians for Zika

It is.

Anyone got SG girl nudes to share ?

Most relevant SEA country by far tbqh.

Nothing to lose sleep over. Not like they want us either.

What race u want senpai i got you

Bump

Chinese pls senpai

All other SEA countries are shitty third world cunt holes, that are either super religious or super corrupt

Brunei is alright.

singapore is shit country, very third world

Damn, nice, thanks senpai

Why don't you like go back to /asean/ then?

In a years my masters degree will be over.
What are the job prospects for a Chemical engineer over there.
Plus is there a Greek community in SP that can help me integrate faster?

>Being this new

>SP
I hope that's your self-made abbreviation for Singapore, and not Singapore Polytechnic.

Yeap

>SP
It's SG or SGP m80

Brunei is a shithole. Im assuming you haven't been there?

Its only rich because of oil but if you been there cities looks 4th world, It makes the Philippines looks like a rich first world country.

It's technically saved my Singapore free trade agreement with it. Where we maintain the currency to be equal to each other. Apparently Malaysia used to be in it, but they couldn't maintain it, so they dropped out. Literally we could go to Brunei now, with Singapore dollar and buy stuff there, vice versa.

Ty for the correction but I would also like an answer for this.

Which uni did you confer ur masters from?

University of Crete.

Should be ok, considering your uni is pretty established, you're also considered highly skilled, chemical engineering is a big industry in Singapore, your pay may be above average after about 2 years.

But how's is university of crete's medical school, saw it, thinking to applying to one in the EU, is it hard to get in? Currently thinking of the UK.

Singapore's a research, technological and manufacturing hub. There's demand for engineers, but not enough supply to meet it because of more students here are inclined to study business tbqh.

>Greek community
Hey we're a pretty cosmopolitan city, I'm sure you'll find some Greeks here. I'm not too sure 2bh, but I do know there is a sizeable Turkish community here :^)

Damn, University of Crete is not recognized in the Singapore Medical Council, ok then, thanks tho

>UK
>EU
Not for long :^)

Why EU tho?

Its actually pretty good desu.
But the best Medical school of Greece is in Ioannina Epirus.
It ranks ~370 in the world which is not that bad desu.

That sucks desu.
If you have the chance go for the Western Eu but here isn't that bad either especially if you have enough money to get by

Heard the quality of education and exposure there is better than most places except the US.

Sr for d*uble posting
That's good to hear.
Another question about it is the language is it easy to learn and are the local forgiving/accepting to newcomers

Mate, everyone worth your time will be able to speak English, albeit with our own accent/colloquialisms (you've probably heard about Singlish's lah).

Otherwise our official languages are English, Mandarin, Malay, and Tamil. Malay is easiest to learn, but it's quite useless tbqh. Mandarin would be best but it's quite hard for a European. Tamil is basically a meme language you only hear on subway announcements nowadays.

Do you speak English well?
Yes, good.
No, go and learn your grammar and vocab.
English is as good as main language here.

>Harvard
>Oxbridge
Top rankers as usual.

I guess look around and see what you like, where's your level etc.

Most of us speak English so I'm not sure why that's the issue unless you mean our Singlish which shouldn't be that hard to pick up.

Sorry, I forgot to answer the second part of your question.

Most locals are receptive towards expats, we do not really have a far-right movement here. Most enmity towards foreigners are towards noisy and dirty PRCs, noisy and dirty Filipinos, and noisy and dirty Bangladeshis.

As for pissing off locals, you should be alright as long as you're not racist, don't look down on locals and not punching a cab driver while you're drunk. So basically, like every other country in the world.

Ty vm for the help .
You just made a man very happy.
Have a great evening

Would take a shot at Cambridge, but the other 3 remaining choices would choose safer unis to apply to.

Are you above or below the alleged average size, lads?

Is this flaccid or erect?
If flaccid, no. If erect, yes.

[spoiler]Ex said I was big but she still left me ;_;[/spoiler]

I'd like to see a Singapore thread permanently desu, sounds like an amazing country

We have the posters, we can make it work :3
But a thread for just 1 city-state is a bit weird...

Who the fuck cares, it's not like we aren't a non-country.

Erect, of course.

Would you rather compete with flips in /ASEAN/?

>aren't
are*
Fuck me.

The thing is, you're the only developed country in Asia that speaks fluent English. That's interesting for a lot of 4channers who are attracted to Asia, but can't speak any Asian language.

I don't like flips with their dudut too, pls comeback to /asean/ so we can drive the flips out together

Damn flips should just form /flip/ instead of shitting up /asean/.

Merci :3 J'aime la France

"fluent english"

lol Singlish sounds fucking retarded

Hey, we do speak good English when the time is appropriate. Most of us just don't bother to drop the Singlish.

We will never be truly fluent in the Queen's English until we speak like that even among our peers.
I too am guilty of this, though.

it's not just lah and the other retarded expressions
because so many immigrants here are born in China and then come here later in life, their accents are quite obviously Chinese

then when you are born here in SG, and you have 15% of the population speaking with a chinese accent you start to pick it up, I have friends who were born in Singapore that I can barely understand even though they've been speaking English their entire life and don't know any other language

I sent a snapchat video to one of my friends back home in the US of me trying to use chopsticks while some of my SG friends were talking in the background and he asked "what language are they speaking" so I went back to check and I couldn't understand it so I asked the girl I was with and she's like "what do you mean? we're speaking English in that"

The only people here that are understandable are kids that get sent to international schools

Flip here. Flips needs to go back to Cred Forums and worship god emperor Duterte there and stop making /asean/ looking like Cred Forums.

Cred Forums loves flip threads so much they should just take out most of the flips in /asean/.

>Indonesia
>Catching haze culprits
Good one.

got more qts?

Have a good night m8

>tfw just woke up but singaporeans are already sleeping
>tfw they will wake up right when i have to go to sleep again

Pardon the lack of crop.

As mentioned, Singapore is a multiracial country.

Indian people are an important part of Singaporean culture too.

Hi

Hi
>it's 3am in singapore
Why are you awake? Did you just wake up really early or you didn't sleep at all in the first place?

Didn't sleep.

Are you a neet?

Going to sleep soon tho.