en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_state
whitelilyoftrinity.com/saints_quotes_suffering.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alawi Islam/Orthodox Christianity

>Alawi Islam/Orthodox Christianity
>cutest religion

Islam and Orthodox I guess.

Jews are pretty cute.

I find religious women repellent to be honest.
I know it shouln't be this way, but its a real turn off for me. Does somebody else feel this way?

No you're just a fedora degenerate. Atheists are pro-degeneracy and I bet that hoe takes African Muslim BBC on a daily basis

Nah you're just fucked up.

I'm a religious woman and was very upfront when I dated online. I put it front and center on my profile, and all the guys who messaged me the first thing I checked was signs of their own devotion/lack thereof, and if they seemed irreligious I would tell them they probably wouldn't like me.

For irreligious men/women I think its a whole dimension to life they absolutely lack, and they will be alienated by religion even if they think they won't be. It's a constant reminder of their own disconnection.

religion is legitimately stupid. Don't believe in magic fellas.

Most religions outside of paganism don't have "magic" in the strict definition. Religion is hard to define, but it has to do with certain traditions, legends, ceremonies, ethics, art worldviews and societal organizations coming together as an entire spiritual system. There's nothing stupid about it.

Agreed with this

I legitimately use it as a retard filter. You don't have to be religious to have good values, I'm glad my gf isn't.

While it's certainly true that most girls are modern "liberated" filth, so are most guys.

im sorry repellent might be a too strong word
also sorry to disapoint you, im pretty normal exept for my attitude toward religion.

>t. supreme gentleman

There is alot of stupid things about grown men believing in immaterial spirits that chose your fate after death and have special power over the physical world.

The most adorable muzzie I've ever seen.
I've never seen it as a disconnection with an aspect of life. One doesn't have to be spiritual to formulate answers to problems that don't have accepted answers.
That's what philosophy is for at it's core.
If I wanted to follow one of the accepted philosophies known as religions then I would, but the truth of the matter is that none of them appeal to me.
I still like to go to local religious establishments at times though, everyone is genuinely nice, and the sense of community is a good thing that churches and the like still supply.

posting pictures of neckbeards doesn't make middle eastern fairy tales any more or less true.

>magic

K commie.

What os the difference between believing that wizards van summon dragons to fight trolls and believing that an all powerful ghost in an alternate dimension controls all of our fate and fights another ghost that he made because reasons?

Not an argument. I'm a free market capitalist. Does every defense of religon require you to attack with a logical fallacy and ad hominem?

What's your point supposed to be exactly? That atheism is necessary for communism? That doesn't mean atheism leads to communism or is in any way necessarily connected.

It's literally just a lack of belief which they obviously require for their collectivist state mentality.

Difference is God helped us win battles. The only way to see if a religion is true or not if is you go to war and God helps you win battles and stuff

Orthodox Judaism

Well in most religions I know, you choose your fate after death. That said, believing in spirituality in general is something universal to all humanity, its not stupid. You are crippling your own heart and mind if you can't engage with the world on that level.

Religion is more than philosophy though, because it doesn't end at just "formulating answers to questions". It really is an entire system of life, with just certain kinds of perspectives, legends, ceremonies, sacred places and words, mysteries, etc. Stuff that appeals to you, stuff that challenges you all mixed up into one.

If you are religious, its a big part of your life. If you are irreligious you won't understand as well, and that's what I mean by disconnection. I see irreligious people who can say "religion is like philosophy" or "religion is like community" or "religion is like legend" but they never can combine all of them.

I'm agnostic but i find that pretty sexy, mostly when they wear necklaces/earrings/bracelets with crosses

lot of heretics that need purging in this thread

Wait, you think communism is a bad thing?

Christ you're pathetic

Fight for what's yours

The wizards are way cooler.

tbqh i never understood, what really is the benefit of believing in religious. I have always only seen the backside of it:

-boring
-having to pray
-going to church, moschee or some other place where you can find a person who tells you what he wants you to believe
-not beeing able to do >sins< like premartial sex and stuff
-waste of time in general (in my unfaithfull eyes)

Can you or somebody else tell me what is your benefit for beeing a believer?

>for what's yours
>Communism

You don't own squat in a communist country. You are owned.

You sound like a child romanticising war and you clearly don't know the first thing about it.

The benefit is the comfort they have that things will work out, that evil will be punished and that there are something after this life. Reality is that we have no reason to believe any of that is true, and they can't accept that.

One implies a human having authority over nature, the has the divine having authority over nature, which in turn has authority over all which lives in it. They are at odds with each other and close to opposites. The former is seen is certain forms of paganism (such as those with witch doctors and magic in general), the latter is seen in most monotheistic religions.

Consider this. Two militaries. Both with their own gods. One is better trained and larger. When it wins does that mean that its god is real and more powerful than the other team's god? Or if the inferior force wins does that prove their god? If I make up a hod right now and then pick a fight with someone and win does that mean my god is real and more powerful than whatever god they worship? Or is my god made up and the belief had nothing to do with me assaulting someone else? If I claim my god to be real and win the that's proof of my god's legitimacy. But if I claim my god is real and lose does that mean they no longer exist?

Catholicism

You're engaging with your imagination not he world. Every human can imagine things that aren't real. That doesn't mean that we should treat them like they are when we know better.

Esoteric Hitlerism has Tila Tequila as a follower, so it's pretty cute.

You have to build an Empire that lasts atleast 1000 years.

>Legends
>Ceremonies
>Sacred places, and words
>Mysteries
>Stuff that appeals to me
>Stuff that challanges me
I get this through life as it is though. That's what I'm trying to say. I've tried religions, and anything that it could supply to me I could find by myself without the need to tie myself to an institution or a label.

Same. Religious anyone really.

You're missing the point that there's alot of evidence to the contrary of both, meaning that it's actually a form of insanity to hold them as truth.

>communism
>country
ayy

Ah I see. So China's gods are all stronger than the christain god then?

-It's not boring. There is no end of things to learn, to contemplate and to experience. You are constantly striving to be a better person.
-Prayer is relaxing and peaceful and stress-relieving. It builds your relationship with all other people.
-Don't know what moschee is (mosque?), but responsibility is good for you. Going to Church primarily concerns receiving the Eucharist, which is a beautiful experience imho, listening to a few Scriptures and a sermon not of what he wants you to believe, but of reflection.
-Having ethics helps you be a stronger and better person, not even sure what to say to this.

I think the loveliest things in religion is the truth, the mystery and sources of contemplation, the ever-deepening community and love not only for the divine but with all others, structure and becoming a better person and the immense beauty of it. I can only speak for Christianity though. This might vary depending on other religions such as Sikhism, Islam, Wicca etc.

This isn't true though. We don't know "things will work out" for us or our loved ones and "evil will be punished" is a cold comfort when you know how ubiquitous evil is.

The amount of testimonies we have of those Saints and others who have seen God or Heaven or Hell or Purgatory is also very sizable. There's plenty of reasons, though you are free to ignore them if you are waiting on your own experience. I can twist your own condescending conclusion and say that atheists just don't want to accept that evil will be punished and so they reject reality of their own soul.

What's a communist country called then?

An oxymoron

thanks man, i really like your choice of words.
Have to go to sleep now go. Good night anons

There's no evidence that humans wield authority over nature that much is true. We are humans, and that much is easy enough to test.

But why do you think the divine has no authority over nature? And before you try to say that there's no evidence of the divine, there is no shortage of testimony of the divine.

You don't "know better" though, you are just some random guy with probably less real world experience than most, imagining your own reality where most of everyone else is stupid.

Religions do engage with the world too, not even sure what to tell you there. Its atheism which is famously very insular.

Okay well you don't own shit in a communist state since the state always has the final word on what you own. Happy now?

Can we just rename the "no true scotsman" fallacy to the "no true communist" fallacy?

Communism is literally stateless.

Then please explain what the communist state is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_state

Hinduism is pretty sexy, I guess?

People saying things doesn't make it true. People seeing things doesn't make it true. Many schizophrenics hear the voice of god, jesus and angels. This is very common in the west where it's a huge part of our vulture. Not at all in non-Christian parts of the east. But similar divine revelations are for whatever is the culturally appropriate interpretation. You can believe whatever you want to believe but the truth is that which persists regardless of belief. There's no reason whatsoever to believe in any specific religion's god. Not necessarily the concept of there being a god. Nobody can really say anything either way on that since there's really no evidence for either argumen. But there's plenty of evidence against most of the specific world religions simply because they're so specific and expect you to take every single part of them as truth. It's realy a moot point though because if you could sway someone from religion with an argument they wouldn't be religious in the first place. It is pretty autistic of me to get into such a lengthy exchange over this but it just bothers me since these things are blatently not true.

A total meme. It's like norks saying they have a juche state. Basically meaningless.

saw the (you) after my checkout and did not want to be your effort in answering my question to be in vain

Its fascinating, and i agree, especially to the part about praying

no need to reply this oinker grants cozy sleep

Testiminy sin't necessarily true. There are hundreds of pages of false testimony and each part of the world has it's own old stories and tradions. All conflict with eachother. As we understand more of the world around us we understand more of the truth and falsehood behind those stories. Like I said. Don't believe in magic. There is no sky dad spirit looking out for us from an alternate dimension.

You can't just say something is a meme and toss it under the rug.

Juche state does have a meaning it means a self-reliant state, it's not meaningless. It's not something they've been doing successfully but it's what they've been.

>People saying things doesn't make it true. People seeing things doesn't make it true. This is very common in the west where it's a huge part of our vulture. Not at all in non-Christian parts of the east.

There has been revelations in non-Christian areas of the East (such as Egypt, Japan, China, etc). And not by people with schizophrenia either. In fact, at times there have been mass apparitions which were seen by many people. Almost always, afaik, by Christians (please correct me if you know of any recent apparitions seen by groups of Muslim or Hindus or what have you).

And its fine if you want to reject all of them but you need to be honest with yourself.

1) The burden of proof is on you if you want to claim that everyone is just hallucinating everything.
2) There is no reality where atheists can comfort themselves saying they have "no reason to believe". There are reasons to believe, even if you dislike them. Like you say, the truth persists regardless of your own [lack of] beliefs.

Can someone religious please answer these questions for me as I'm genuinely curious but I've never gotten a good answer from anyone.

Do you believe that God intervenes in our world or do you believe that he simply set the spark and left us to our own devices entirely?

If you believe that God does intervene, how can you explain such rampant suffering and injustice? How can you claim that he is a benevolent being while creating such a flawed world and largely allowing such a state to continue?

If you believe that he does not intervene, do you believe the universe is predetermined or not?

If you believe it is not predetermined (and believe in free will), do you believe that God is omniscient?

Finally, if you believe that God does intervene but is doing a shit job of it, why worship him?

If you believe the universe is predetermined and he's done such a shit job of it, why worship him?

If you believe he's a greater being but still flawed and simply set the building blocks out for creation, then I think that's alright.

I don't believe in magic, nor do the vast majority of religious people, see: You are right that testimony isn't necessarily true. However your empty statements and declarations of there being "no God" are also not necessarily true and also conflict with nearly every other testimony from around the world. Don't confuse your own wishful thinking with reality.

no
no
no
some people want to
some people want to

I don't understand these "I am an atheist, debate me!" types, but maybe that's because I am from 90% atheist country.

For me, being an atheist is a "default". Yeah of course there is no God, it's not like I am saying something new or discovering some new truth by saying that.

God not existing is a default, you have to convince me that it does, and nobody ever did.

Atheism is not the declaration that there is no God. It is the lack of belief in one. It is saying that "I don't see any reason to believe it".

An atheist can assert that "definitively, there is no God", but one does not believe that simply by being an atheist.

>he simply set the spark and left us to our own devices entirely
i believe that we cant really know if hes real or not but if he is then this is what happened

Well. I should say the state can come into play for some communists. To be used as a vehicle to transition the society to communism but the state itself can't be communist because communism is inherently stateless.
Right. It's about self reliance. It's a total sham. Any state ideology would promote that and in nk it isn't even followed and never was.

What's more likely?

There's a immortal spirit that holds humanity higher than everything else in the universe and chooses to show itself in odd ways to people and places rhat won't be able to make a comprehensive study of the claims and spread the indisputable word of their undeniable tangibility that it has chisen to reveal is such a descrete manner despite being allpowerful and allknowing?

There is no supernatural and people who don't know any better are trying their best to understand the world with the things that are present to them at the time?

and by the way that's not how the burden of proof works. First off you haven't given anything to disprove in the first place because you haven't provided a specific example to be debunked and even if you did the burden of proof is on YOU as the persent PRESENTING PROOF to prove that it is valid.

gotta pee. I probably won't be back desu.

So if that is the case, do you believe the universe is predetermined? Do you believe he is omniscient?

>Do you believe that God intervenes in our world or do you believe that he simply set the spark and left us to our own devices entirely?

God intervenes in our world. I'm not a Deist and I think Deism is rather hollow. What's the point?

>If you believe that God does intervene, how can you explain such rampant suffering and injustice? How can you claim that he is a benevolent being while creating such a flawed world and largely allowing such a state to continue?

Because God is more than "benevolent", but he is all Good, and even greater goodness can only come out of suffering. Like, if the world were just all people constantly in a state of feel-goodery and all our needs cared for, where is the actual Goodness in that setup? Anyone can bring goodness out of this bland state of feel-goodery. When we give food to the hungry, when we care for the sick, when we make sacrifices for each other, when we make a choice between good and evil and choose good, that is what is Good. If humanity had never fallen, humanity would never have known God as intimately as we do with Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ had never been tortured and murdered, we'd never know how deeply he cared for us. Suffering brings us face to face with the fragility of our lives, the importance of love, bringing us closer to God and to one another. This is a -greater- good than that which comes from mere "feel goodery" and as such this is the only type of goodness which suits an all-Good God. This is a classic theme of Christianity, which is why the two biggest symbols of love and goodness Christianity are a man hanging dead on a cross with the scars of torture on his body, and a mourning and heartbroken mother.

There's also a lot of really good quotes here:

whitelilyoftrinity.com/saints_quotes_suffering.html

I am not sure if any of your other questions line up for me at all. They don't seem to fit in with Christianity but various shades of Deism?

What are your opinions on the Nicene creed and the Orthodox/Catholic controversy?

Does the Holy Spirit proceed to Son only through the Father, or trough the Father AND the Son, on through the Father AND the Son IN THE SPIRIT but really only through the Father?

While I understand what you're saying, I completely disagree.

I think justifying limitless suffering for the sake of opportunity for compassion is disgusting.

I agree with what you're saying entirely given that I don't believe the world is designed nor fair, but I think the suggestion that a being who created such a world is in any way "Good", let alone a greater good, is absolute nonsense.

Yes my questions were general about Deism, but it is applicable to Christianity given that a Deity is at the core of the religion.

No, this is just a dishonest way of not being able to defend your position. You wouldn't say a sock is an atheist, or a rock is an atheist, or everytime we go into a coma we also turn into atheists. If you want me to pretend that your opinion on God is the same as that of my socks, so be it, but then stop posting about it, because once you start actively pushing that position its no longer a matter of "lack of" anything. You believe there is no God.

The former (the bad spelling/word salad/strawman description aside), considering we have real evidence of that and it crosses both time as well as place.

> First off you haven't given anything to disprove in the first place because you haven't provided a specific example to be debunked and even if you did the burden of proof is on YOU as the persent PRESENTING PROOF to prove that it is valid.

You already accepted that many many people have seen God, the Blessed Mother, Heaven, Hell and Purgatory. YOU are the one who is making an active claim that all those people are actually schizophrenic, which is a real medical diagnosis that YOU need to back up.

Its really not a difficult concept.

I don't believe in God in the same way that I don't smoke. Its not a belief or action, its a lack of.

Atheism is a lack of belief, not an assertion.

>I think justifying limitless suffering for the sake of opportunity for compassion is disgusting.

Suffering isn't limitless really, suffering is clearly limited by our own capability of comprehending and contemplating that suffering. (Unless you mean it is not limited by time).

>but I think the suggestion that a being who created such a world is in any way "Good", let alone a greater good, is absolute nonsense.

Of course you do, I can tell by the way that you worded your question that you already had your mind very much made up. But regardless of what you think, it is a fact that in order to be ALL-Good (and not merely just somewhat Good), you need to be able to bring Goodness and Love even out of suffering and hardship. By definition, an All-Good God must allow for a broken world. Otherwise, he couldn't be that Good. And likewise, we were not truly close to God and Love until we also knew evil.

This. Like how bald cannot be a hair style.

No, its an active believe, and just like not smoking is an active choice you likely made and continue to make. You don't not believe in God or not smoke the way a braindead vegetable doesn't smoke or doesn't believe in God. You are a human with a working brain who makes active choices and produces active beliefs, even if (as with atheism) its not likely you can always defend them intellectually.

I meant by time, yeah.

Yeah I do have my mind made up, but that's why I ask these questions to hear a different perspective that challenges my own. Its not often I meet anyone religious, so on here is pretty much the only time I can ask away.

I disagree in that I believe you can know love without knowing evil. I think a mother can love her child and vice versa even if they had never experienced anything else. Perhaps we have a different definition of what love is.

What if I don't smoke because I'm not aware of the existence of cigarettes?

I'm a human being who has limited knowledge. I have yet to encounter anything that has convinced me that God exists. However, I have also not encountered anything that definitively proves the negative, that God does not exist.

>I disagree in that I believe you can know love without knowing evil. I think a mother can love her child and vice versa even if they had never experienced anything else. Perhaps we have a different definition of what love is.

You can know a limited sort of love. But you cannot be truly close to love.

A mother loves her child and that's good, and a baby can love their mother and that's good too. A mother and child in feel good land, with limitless resources, no trials, no conflicts love each other and that's good. Just happy and good and loving, with no other free choices any other way. That's good.

But a mother who makes sacrifices for her child, a mother who overcomes trials for her child, a mother who still loves her child even after her child comes into conflict with her and hurts her, a mother who can choose between hate and love and yet still chooses love. And same thing for the child--a child who is older and knows their parents are human and flawed, but still loves them, a child who loves their parents even after their parents hurt them, a child who makes sacrifices and goes through trials for them....This is a GREATER form of Love, and a GREATER form of Goodness. This is the whole idea of the "fair weather friends", those who are loving and sweet only in good times aren't really loving at all.

The former is silver, and the latter is gold. Any All Good God (as opposed to some theoretical kinda-good God) is going to prefer the latter.

>What if I don't smoke because I'm not aware of the existence of cigarettes?

Then you really do not smoke the same way a coma patient doesn't smoke. But its neither here nor there because you do know about cigarettes.

I don't know how you still managed to miss the point on that. Its an analogy for my lack of belief in God, not literal.