What did you learn about japan in school?

What was the impression?
Just one of the asian countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EIv1-HLcJUo
youtube.com/watch?v=I55pGrmbX1c
youtube.com/watch?v=anvKIXDv3Hk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōei_Invasion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sook_Ching
twitter.com/norimakiakane
theverge.com/2016/9/5/12798302/softbank-arm-acquisition-complete
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_Global_500
softpower30.portland-communications.com/ranking/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

only that you got nuked lmao

You tried to beat us but we dropped nukes on you is what I learned about Japan in school

They make cars and shit, now move on.

It may be a surprise to you but we don't study much about Japan.
Just the usual few things about the WW2: you were bad but americans nuked you and they were bad too, sort of.

u got nuked and we stole your island lmao

NUKED

Nothing.
Aahhh there was this weaboo making a presentation about Korea and he fucked his Data up hard.

Following mistakes I can remember:
>North Korea has 60 million inhabitants
>South and North Korea pay in Yen (exactly this thing I learned about Japan, Yen)
>South Korea is a communist country in a union with Japan

Something like this.

Italy learns Japan is bad?
But your bishop of Rome said Japan and Manchuria were right.

Many of you made the terrible mistake to come over here believing in a propaganda.

Now we have a lot of your children and grandchildren and some are desperatly trying to go back, but you faggots won't accept.

Seriously, you should accept. They say that your country is diying because nobody wants to have kids anymore. We got lots of 100% japanese blood here.

We were the only ones who traded with you during the sakoku.
Apart from that not so much ancient history, the next time you turn up in our history books is WWII.
You guys backstabbed us and put all our men, women, and children in the Indies into camps, but in the end you got nuked by the US etc. etc.

I wish your policeman didnt hit our tsar in the head with katana.

>Pearl Harbor
>two nukes

Nuked ant that's all.

The bishop of Rome is the Pope.
Nobody really listen to the Pope, we just cheer for everything he says.

Well, we were taught this:
Mongols come to the isles
Kill all the aboriginies and fuck their women
Le chinese merchant somes and offers chinese goods
Mongols learn the way of chinese
Le korean merchant comes and offers korean goods and also buddhism
Mongols learn the way of korean
Now these mongols call themselves NIPPON

Some Japanese from Brazil are very respected in Japan.
Some work as professors or member of parliament.
youtube.com/watch?v=EIv1-HLcJUo
youtube.com/watch?v=I55pGrmbX1c

Rape

Two nukes. Otherwise absolutely fucking nothing. I was taught more about China than Japan lmoa.

I remember learning about that mongol army that tried to invade Japan and all the boats sank in a storm

I've learnt that a flood of affiliate "blogs" make too many shit threads in Cred Forums.

kek, chon

I got it.
Then you learn Italy was as bad as Japan or USA or only Itary is a good country?

Nips sponsored tht bolsheviks during WWI

One of the only non european colonial powers.
Didn't get ruled over like chinks

Ohh and also we learned about Chiune Sugihara

Did you seriously linked me to a fucking two hours long video completely in japanese.

Baka ga omae ra. How the hell am I suppose to understand what is going on, senpai?

Nothing. Chilean "education" pays almost no attention to eastern history or philosophy.
All I know about nipon I know it thanks to... Well, you know it. Do I even have to say out loud?

Japs are smart and hardworking. When they were poor they did some sort of reverse-engineering to learn how to make cars. Also a lot of earthquakes

Interesting history.
Chinese say Japanese are Abo and Chinese mixed.
Koreans say Japanese are aggressive Koreans who conquer abos.
I think Russian government wants to say Japanese are closer to Mongols in Russia than Korean or Chinese.

I want to say he ggt two hours on TV so easily because Japanese respect him.

Actually, northern chinese (manchurs) and koreans and also japanese descent from wouth-siberian Altai peoples.

>he ggt two hours
He got two hours

mu mom always said:
>japs are smart because they eat fish
>eat fish and you will be smarta as jap
never liked eating it though, it was shitty russian riverfish

In highschool we learned that the white man genocided the Japs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

In university I wrote a research paper about the Meiji Restoration and how it led to the attempted conquest of Asia. It was cool stuff, the Japanese Empire was alpha.

Not much, I learned that Japan is very rich and advanced in middle school, and the usual facts about WWII in high school.
Pretty much everything I know about Japan comes from personal studies, history class is entirely Eurocentric in italy.

And who the "hell" is he, senpai

Anyway, there are so many Japanese here, we actually forget you are not part of the country. Television has at least one japanese news reporter, actor, or sports man all the time. Of the few people I know, three are named Ito, Fujiyama and Shindo.
My city has at least five japanese restaurants owned by actual japanese people. We never have a "important brazilian-japanese person" show because japan is already everywhere, we don't need to be reminded.

Looks, these two little fuckers are the MCs of one of the most popular tv shows in here.

Our schools teach us nothing about Japan except when the "axis of evil" come up in history class.

Everything this American generations know about Japan is from imported Japanese media, and thus starry eyed weeaboos have a sensationalized and overly-enthusiastic. There's an entire generation that grew up with Japanese music, cartoons, movies, dramas, games, etc.

This was no doubt to the great economic boom japan experienced in the 80's and 90's.
But now things are changing, slowly Japanese shit is being replaced by chinese and Korean.

Korea is becoming more and more popular with the western youth, and japan is getting a negative reputation as lame "weebshit" . The stranglehold japan once had on western audiences is loosening and Korea is set to be the MVP of Asia in terms of entertainment. As far as economy goes, china is already on top.

Japan is further falling into irrelevance.

>Isolation
>Western civilization comes in
>USA : OPEN YOUR BORDERS
>Japan goes and copies western indrustry
>Japan starts expanding its terrotiries
>Alliance with Nazi Germany
>Pearl Habour
>NUKE'D
>USA : WE AMERICANIZISING YOU N SHIEET
>Economic miracle

We learn a little bit about imperialism, a little bit about the involvement in WW2 and the atomic bombs dropped on Japan.

In total about 2.5/500 pages in the official high school curriculum book is dedicated to Japan.

This is gene map

yeah, we have to study a lot about the WW2, in fact we were "the bad ones" but mostly we justify ourselves with the story of the italian partisans

Italy's involvement in WWII and the Holocaust is mostly forgotten. Schools in the US briefly mention Italy's involvement in WWII though they do mention Mussolini and the rise of fascism.

Things we barely covered about Japan in my AP World History class:
-Christianity in Edo Japan
-Ending of Japanese isolationism (Matthew Perry)
-Meiji Restoration (westernization only)
-Russo-Japanese war
-WWI & WWII Japan

(These were paragraph explanations)

Important things we didn't cover -
-Rise and fall of the Samurai class
-Political structure of feudal and imperial Japan
-Mongol invasions of Japan
-Zen Buddhism, Confucianism, and Shintoism
-Boshin war
-Japanese invasions of Korea
-Korea under Japanese rule
-1st & 2nd Sino-Japanese
-Chinese/Japanese relationship in general
-Japanese economic miracle
-Politics and Economy of Japan post 1945
(I could go on)

World history in American public schools is a joke. But AP US history was really good.

Antonio Inoki and Hiroo Onoda
Over 90% Japanese know Antonio Inoki. He is famous wrestler and a member of parliament now.
Hiroo Onoda is well known as last Japanese soldier in WW2. He fought till 1974 as spy but when he returned, Japan was shit puppet so he moved to Brazil.

I know Brazil accepted many Japanese when Japanese were hunger.
So I thank Brazil san,

We don't learn about Asia since there's no need for us to do so.

However, we learned a little bit about you, in a little chapter dedicated to WWII that synthesized the whole thing In a few pages.

Your country, driven by megalomaniac imperialistic aims, went to war and got rekt. Also, there were mentions of the vile acts carried out by the Japanese imperial army and its ruthlessness.

That's what we learned about you

Japanese occupation of the Philippines which was full of oppression, suffering and abuse. Mostly stuff from World War II.

I think kids get all "wtf I hate Spain/Japan now" whenever they reach these topics at school.

That it was culturally inferior to Korea until meiji restoration and did terrible things during the occupation.

USA learned much compared to other country.
I recommend you to learn Hawaiian history because Japan Union was Hawaiian king's idea though USA may hide the fact.
youtube.com/watch?v=anvKIXDv3Hk

In addition, I have to say Koreans were not pure. They tried to invade Japan but too weak to write in histroy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōei_Invasion

nothing, all I know about Japan is because I watch anime

We traded a lot with Japan.
And in WW2 Japan was pure evil and committed many war crimes.

That's it.

We only know that Japanese tried to come here, and a little bit about the war.

Nothing about anything else. We don't learn about Asia at all. It's basically prehistory > Greeks/Romans > Medieval Europe > Americas discovered > Local history + world war 2.
We learn that some japanese arrived at some point when we had sucess selling coffe.

War crimes of course.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sook_Ching

Hi netouyo senpai

We weren't taught anything about any other country.

Only that Canada pretty much won all the world wars ever.

We were the first europeans to reach Japan in 1543 and then later Japan participated in ww2.

Only that.

>USA learned much more compared to other country.

AP World = Intro college course. I can only assume its worse in the lower level classes.

>In addition, I have to say Koreans were not pure. They tried to invade Japan but too weak to write in history.

Should have stop being pirates then.

Honestly the invasion of Korea was fine, it was their fault for not westernizing. But I understand the Koreans hatred; keep in mind Japan tried to erase their culture during the occupation (like every other imperial nation in the 20th century).

In school? Only that you were involved in the WWII, who you were allied with and about the nukes.

People in all countries learned that two nukes weren't enough

Go back you retard
twitter.com/norimakiakane

I learned that Japan is such a useless country that it got nuked twice and deserved it.

They stayed closed to the world until Commodore Perry told them to open up, and then they bombed Pearl Harbor so we nuked them

Nanking Massacre
Unit 731
Bataan Death March

you btfo russians

>isolationism
>trade with dutch
>wars with Russia
>ww2

チョンモメン現る

Edo…

This. Fuck the japs

In school? Only 2 things:
You were part of the axis during ww2, so got bombed twice by America
Your country is on the Pacific ring of fire, so you get a lot of earthquakes.

But both are just footnotes, we care more about how evil Germany is, and you being on the ring of fire was just a footnote in a geography lesson about tectonic plates. We didn't really care much about Asia in general, all of our taught history is European-centred.

that you are asians on an island that got nuked and you make autistic cartoons

I say something difficult.

>pirates
I want to emphasize that even Korean central government couldn't compete with small pirates in 1419.

You will learn Mongol law. Mongols allowed other soldiers to conquer other areas. In fact, Mongol army that invaded Japan was almost all organized in Chinese and Koreans.
In addition, in 1392, a Mongol soldier called himself as Korean king suddenly. Japanese didn't need to believe him as a king because Japanese lived in Korea longer than Mongols.
Small Japanese pirates were stronger than Mongol solder who call himself as Korean king.

They also got btfo by the ruskies

They were bad guys in WW2, and got nuked.

>bishop of Rome

t. pagan

That we were the first european country to reach Japan
And that you were the bad guys and got nuked twice
That's it

nukes
admiral perry
the shogun
the various dynasties with tokagaya or whatever his name is united to edo or whatever. idk.

Japan's Softbank acquires ARM:
theverge.com/2016/9/5/12798302/softbank-arm-acquisition-complete

Third place in Fortune Global 500:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_Global_500

In the top 10 soft power countries:
softpower30.portland-communications.com/ranking/

I learned first hand that Korea is better.

nuked

yousoro!

The strange things I learned from my Tatar ancestor is that Tatar and Japanese languages are somehow have similarities or something like that, I don't have proofs in my pokets, but once we had "le Japanese youth" who came here to kinda meet up with "Tatar youth" organization.