How do I make friends in Spain speaking only conversational spanish?

How do I make friends in Spain speaking only conversational spanish?

Other urls found in this thread:

mundolingo.org/barcelona
youtube.com/watch?v=OaHE6ccELEg
youtube.com/watch?v=wykzIhwLFcc
youtube.com/watch?v=TRjZlcjBgl8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have conversations with them.

By speaking English.

Speaking english if you are erasmus Student

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coincidentally I don't have any friend do you want to be my friend.

>666

fuck you satan, don't want to be your friend

Assuming you're some sort of Northern European tourist, go to pubs/bars where other people like you meet.

Don't bully him please, I'm waiting for him to say yes.

this

I've made so many friends (and a gf) out of visiting spain alone and just going to bars/clubs and talking to people

o-ok

I'm an American.
Is going to bars solo here not as taboo / seen as being a fucking loser?

I've only been here a week, but I have 4 weeks to go.

I'm like 20km outside of Madrid, and the train ride to Sol is almost an hour.

Maybe I should just spend all my days in Madrid?

4 months to go*
I guess I need to research the Erasmus / foreigner bars.

Mate I've visited a club called Independance in Madrid 4 times alone and always made different friends there, usually getting with a girl.

It's a short walk down from Sol, calle dr cortezo

>Is going to bars solo here not as taboo / seen as being a fucking loser?
Just don't be shy

I'm not really shy, but I'd say my confidence in Spanish isn't at the talk-to-any-stranger level yet.

What are some good openers in Spanish besides "hola, que tal?"

im am in spen

Madrid?

This, independance is really good

They play so much music that I've only heard before on FIFA games lel. As a lover of FIFA music I heavily approve

Is the crowd there Spanish or a mix of Spaniard / foreigners?

I just need some friends that like to go out, the only other guy in my program is a lame ass homebody, only goes out once a week. Pisses me off.

Agreed with you.spanish girls love UK so is ez for you

Americanos are hated aren't they? ;_;

Think it depends what day you go. I've always gone saturday night and it's mostly Spanish, but I did meet two other English people there on separate nights.

But they do "fuckin monday" or something on monday I think it's more likely to attract foreign students like yourself

Would heavily recommend going on a saturday night if you like indie rock type music though, it's a really good place with a friendly crowd and if you like their page on FB you can get updates about how to get free entry and skip the 10 euro fee

pretty much lel. last time i was there a really cute girl approached me and just told me "you're so pretty"

No why? You are exotic in Spain and grills love your ass, visit independance trust me

>tfw talking about independance is making me sad that i'm in fuckin shitty london instead of madrid

;_;

sure, but I look like a Spainard and not like an Anglo.

Is it the norm in Spain for men to do the ice breaking? Or do girls approach guys if they're inclined?

I haven't mingled much with the locals yet. I really just want to avoid being the weird guy by himself.

can anyone reply to this and give me some tips?:

tienes un cuerpo brutal, que todo hombre desearia tocar

>Is it the norm in Spain for men to do the ice breaking? Or do girls approach guys if they're inclined?
both

you should try to speak spanglish, in Spain english is mid-tier ,

true, just speaking with an american accent though people that do know a little english automatically start speaking english to me instead of spanish.

granted my accent is probably thick when talking in spanish, it gets sometimes annoying because I do need to practice and I do know how to speak in stores and restaurants.

I've found that many Spainards talk to me in English because they believe that what I'm saying in Spanish isn't what I meant.

For example, last night I ordered 2 beers "dos canas por favor" and the waitress was like, "2 beers yes?" this happens a lot.

It's even worse when the waiter's English is terrible.

t. burger abroad

what city are you in?

but yes I agree, why do they think we're saying the wrong words? :|

Let's be friends

okay

Where in Madrid have you been?

Basically every street surrounding Sol to Gran Via, Parque del Retiro, though most times I just stick within a mile of Sol / Gran Via. Sometimes hang around Atocha, went to Kapital last Saturday. Haven't really had a reason to go beyond that area yet, but I do want to visit Casa de Campo and just more of Madrid in general.

Offer them jobs

May I ask how old you are?

I am 26.

Meet people that attend uni

Maybe they just want to make sure?

20km to the north of Madrid? You may be my neighboor. How old are you?

Dijo 26

W-wanna meet?

Eres panchi? Los españoles solemos usar más el tiempo compuesto ("ha dicho que 26").

I'm in Alcala de Henares, not exactly sure how far that is from Madrid, guesstimating 20km.

Yeah, but they can ask in Spanish cant they?
In Madrid? as long as youre not some sperg. Are you Spanish?

Yeah, born and raised in Madrid

I'm about it

Grill?

are there many girls in spain with tanned skin, dark hair and eyes?

[email protected]

This looks like a relevant thread. I'm doing the Camino de Santiago in a week. Flying into Barca and then travelling up north to start. Any advice? I have never been to Spain but my spanish is conversational. I am 21.

Spanish population is mixed, so I dont know

Spain is not like Mexico or south america although they speak spanish, you will be fine also northern Spain is 10/10

>or south america
WHY DO U HATE I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND

mundolingo.org/barcelona

Visit Gasteiz, I live here

Only Chile has low violence rate, sorry bro in south america

Fuck you and your shitty english Spen

spain is vietnam tier? wow

>nothing in Madrid
but wai

S-SO WHAT THEY R BROWN REGAYTON SHITHOLE AND WE DONT SO YOU SHOULD LOVE US MORE BCUZ WE WUZ SPANISH AND ITLANIANS AND ROMANZ AND SHIT THEREFORE YOU CANT LOVE HIM MORE AND AND AND MACRI WILL KILL AND AMERINDIANS AND I WILL HAVE A QT GREEN EYED SPANISH QT AND YOU CANT FUCKING STOP ME WE WUZ ROMANZ AND CERVANTES AND SHIET SO STFU

You can make friends in nightclubs in Madrid by going alone.

There's a place named Sala Sol, near the Montera Street in the Puerta del Sol.
I used to make friends there by going alone.

They are mapuches but is the best son

go the fuck back to your own country you goddamn rootless kike

You're pathetic bro

kek i always go there when im in Madrid as well

I live in a Suburban small town north of Alcalá named "Camarma". For some reasons I've spotted many British here when there are festivities. Also when I've taken the bus many times it was filled with British, I don't understand why (no beach, no big city beyond my town).

I'm not your 'bro', faggot.

now i want to go to spen again
fuck u op

Good.

Come back soon. We like Dutch music.

I don't hate you, I hate Colombia, Perú, Mexico.

You are a spic like me in USA because fucking mexicans invade them

??like what

I'm an average madrileño and I've never been considered "spic" by Amerifats. I mean, online maybe we are considered so, but face to face we don't, so don't hesitate visiting the USA.

Roal Velden, Talamanca are my favorite.

Most trance, progressive house and electronic music we listen to is from The Netherlands. Just that the majority of Spaniards don't know where those artists come from (many are believed to be Americans), but it's still dutch music being popular here.

Bada dada da da OI
youtube.com/watch?v=OaHE6ccELEg

>Talamanca
youtube.com/watch?v=wykzIhwLFcc

>Roald Velden
youtube.com/watch?v=TRjZlcjBgl8

Hardcore and hardstyle for example, the best artists are from netherlands

>tfw total sperg
Wish I could solo pubs

Used to wish for the same too.

Now I feel it's just better to stay at home watching TV series and playing video games.

same boat tío

good to find other people that go on Cred Forums lel

You never know

How many times have you been there?

I convinced a /brit/ user to go there on his final erasmus night out before he came home

In total?
15 times or so.
I used to go to the old location in 2012.
I went a lot in 2014 to the new location.

oh wow okay. I only started going there this year but I've been in february, march, april and june

really want to go back soon i love that place