Windows 10

>windows 10

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2016/01/linux-bug-imperils-tens-of-millions-of-pcs-servers-and-android-phones/
arstechnica.com/security/2016/08/linux-bug-leaves-1-4-billion-android-users-vulnerable-to-hijacking-attacks/
arstechnica.com/security/2016/08/linux-bug-leaves-usa-today-other-top-sites-vulnerable-to-serious-hijacking-attacks/
arstechnica.com/security/2013/05/critical-linux-vulnerability-imperils-users-even-after-silent-fix/
fraps.com/download.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>macOS Sierra on a hard disk

>Not using MS Dos
Wew lad

w7 masterrace

Mac and ubuntu are fine too.

>Ubuntu
If you want something easy just go elementaryOS
at least is aesthetic

>"A new update is available, would you like to install it?"
>NO FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>installs anyway
>breaks laptop
how can they keep getting away with this?

too late to complain since it's free
now they can unify all their OS and discontinue support for all other ones and thus have total control over all connected products
necessity of the times

>Automatic update
>your computer will reboot
>Cancel option is disabled

you only had to listen

>he's literally and unironically defending the worst operating system that has ever been invented
kys microsoft shill

YOU DIDN'T SAY
>GNU SLASH LINUX
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
KILLL YOURSELF

I like it.

>defending
read harder

t. bill gates

>You own your pc
>It tells you "you don't have permission to save files to this location"
Why the fuck is this a thing on windows 10

No idiot they didnt test it
Thats why they gave it away for free, so you could destroy your own computer and they could have live feedback from it

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's not up-to-date. If you want the aesthetics why not just install the latest Ubuntu/Arch and just install Elementary's DE?

What's so bad about it? I have it installed on my desktop and haven't had a problem with it and it's not as ugly as windows 8. I mostly use my linux laptop though.

>What's so bad about it?
it doesn't work

Because Microshit doesn't want you to actually control your computer.

Same thing with Mac not releasing any of their diagrams for their boards so you can't repair them.

And the government is encouraging them to do this because they want their bullshit spyware and backdoors on everything.

>Bloated piece of shit filled with spyware and backdoors

I am ok with elementary on a HP laptop I use for school
I will put Arch on a gaming windows PC as second os, and Windows 10 in a Macbook air just to make everyone wonder why

I think W0 is the best OS made by Microsoft ever tbqh

What OP?

I've never had this problem on Arch Gnu/Linux

Why do you have so many computers?

kys dumb linuxposter

linux bros please post your .bashrcs/nice aliases and functions

Why? By pointing out how absolutely shit tier windows is?

Nice, have Mint myself.

Am i the only one who never had any issues with windows 10?

Installation ok. Crack key works ok. I guess the only odd thing, happened when all of a sudden i only had a few mb's left on my hard drive. That was strange, because i have very few sht storaged on in my pc.
But after a week, all of sudden it returned to normal and my hard drive is 80% empty.
Can't complain. But it was a bit frustrating only having a few mb's left on the hard drive for no apparent reason.

>He uses bash over superior zsh

>alias t='cd ~/tmp'
how lazy can you possibly be m8

You're entitled to your own opinion but your opinion is wrong

It's something I do often. Why wouldn't I add an alias? Setting the alias might take as much time as doing the actual action three times but I might use the alias multiple time a day.

Just because

>unironically trusting repos maintained by cretins who can't even secure a static fucking website
kek
KEK

I lold when my pirate w7 asks me to update to w10. Well ok, lets try, I say. Now I get free w10 professional from free w7 professional. No underwater stones at all.

just seems like a lot of effort to save yourself maybe three seconds a day

also I just noticed
>alias z='clear'
WEW

Honestly what's even the point of mint?

Just use Kubuntu or something

This is a Cred Forums meme thread, so serious discussion is strictly prohibited. Please leave.

WinXP or win7 is best.

But it's not a lot of effort. I'm often in the terminal and if you see I have an alias '.b' to open the .bashrc file then it's as simple as typing a line to save me seconds multiple times everyday. Also z is because ctrl+d doesn't work when I'm using urxvt+tmux for some reason.

not convinced 2bh

>Windows 0

Win 10 after the anniversary update is actually pretty good now

Honestly I don't use Gnu/Linux because of the freedom meme, I couldn't care less, the stallman shit is just a meme.

I use Gnu/Linux because it's simply the best choice
Windows spies on you, has tremendous bloat, don't have the privilege of a package manager, can't customize it, INSECURE AS FUCK - virtually all malware is for Windows because it's insecure as shit, kernel is garbage.

It's just a terrible choice and the only reason most people use it is because it's popular and things like Excel or photoshop are industry standards.

guys, how yours government react to unlicensed OS? If they find it in your computer, what happens next?
i am linux-user, but just curious.

In light of how bad M$ have gotten, I think I might be switching to Mint next time I buy a pc

Though it'll be annoying to not have everything be as easy as it used to be with Windows, that much is for sure.

Why not? gcs=clear && git status alone probably saves me a minute every day. Over the course of a year that's a lot of time, not to mention over the course of a lifetime. This leaves more time for nicer things like browsing Cred Forums. :3

>virtually all malware is for Windows because it's insecure as shit
no it's because everyone uses it

I'm sure if old people started using muh gnlinux they could get just as many viruses as they do on windows

Even if I didn't have to use linux for work I would still use it over windows for personal stuff anyway. With linux if something goes wrong or the system starts slowing down it's because you've fucked something up. With windows it does that all on its own for no reason or simply because it's been too long since a fresh install.

Why is it so shit slow and annoying to troubleshoot?

They wouldn't though

Windows kernel is closed source and the permissions system is fked up. Besides you can't rly argue everything else

It's honestly just much better. I'm so happy I switched from windows years ago, I've been using Arch for like a year now and I'm tremendously pleased, no issues.

The wiki is GOAT, pacman is amazing package manager, it's just flawless.

I might try gentoo soon

Its a combination of both 2bh
But yes if more people went on to using GNU/Linux or MacOS viruses would move on

Don't worry son. You're in the right here.

delet this post pls

>INSECURE AS FUCK
stale meme is stale
friendly reminder that it is literally impossible to ensure that a """"""sandboxed""""" app running under X.org is not snooping on everything you do

T-thanks br friend

Let me know how many banking trojan botnets have affected gnu linux computers sweetheart thx

>MFW Windowtards get infected by malware due to their shitty os """"""security""""" and are being used in chinese and Russian ddos attacks

Just lol

>trojans
I have better examples than such weak shit

arstechnica.com/security/2016/01/linux-bug-imperils-tens-of-millions-of-pcs-servers-and-android-phones/
arstechnica.com/security/2016/08/linux-bug-leaves-1-4-billion-android-users-vulnerable-to-hijacking-attacks/
arstechnica.com/security/2016/08/linux-bug-leaves-usa-today-other-top-sites-vulnerable-to-serious-hijacking-attacks/
arstechnica.com/security/2013/05/critical-linux-vulnerability-imperils-users-even-after-silent-fix/

there are a lot more links like these, many of which cover bugs that went undiscovered for over 2 years

>anything aboube WXP

Enjoy having you RAM wasted for nothing.

delet post NOW

>Servers

And? This doesn't affect regular desktop users

>Android
>Linux

Lol just lol

LITERALLY check your privileges

I can save whatever I want wherever I want because I'm not a cuck who gives away their rights to a system account.

they were kernel vulns, dumbass
>freetards in charge of understanding their own computing platform

Also lol @ weak shit

Zeus literally stole like $1billion+ LOL

Exploit kits rekking Windowtards for years

Lol just lol.

Literally laffing at windows users hard

loool

Lost

What's the point of having RAM if you won't use it?

Also, if the system is using RAM that's good, it's usually caching so its faster.

I assure you Windows is NOT using all that ram for caching, but rather for telemetry and bloat like pushing updates or advertisements

Those are found (almost always by a developer and patched immediately) because the code is open. Closed source software is secure through obscurity.

>implying winxp comes anywhere near Arch
kek

Even with a DE and Wine it's still half the footprint of winxp

if the code is open and "more eyeballs = fewer bugs", why did it take over 3 years to find those vulns in the Linux kernel? Why are old vulns found in OpenSSL literally every week?
spoiler: because on average, less than 5 people in the world read a given block of code over its lifetime

Meaning that software is also secure through obscurity. It just gets blown out of proportion when found and patched.

This.

At least the vulnerabilities are fixed. On Windows they're sold on Blackhat forums for bitcoin or wmz

fraps.com/download.php
FRAPS STILL DOESN'T WORK AND IT HASN'T SINCE I GOTTEN THE UPGRADE FROM 7 TO 10. FRAPS UPDATE YOUR SHIT YOU SAID IT WOULD BE SOON!

>using fraps
Why?

There are better screen capture software and your video card (AMD or Nvidia) software can give you FPS. Also steam overlay shows the FPS too if you want.