Do you Americans even feel something after seeing all these many foreigners on Cred Forums who can speak your language...

Do you Americans even feel something after seeing all these many foreigners on Cred Forums who can speak your language quite fluently?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English-speaking_world
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why just Americans, why not all english-speaking people?

Pride and inadequacy, I am guess the latter affect monolinguals a bit more
Using our slang is a bit disorienting as well since the population that uses them is quite extreme
Maybe that's the beauty of it, unconsciously everyone likes to strike hard at the nail that sticks out unknowingly yet most passionately

>Americans
>not even consulting countries that are more Anglo than America
two nukes truly were not enough

because I only care you.

It's because of the British colonizing the world that so many speak English.

In some instances I'm grateful, but then upset because we don't require second language learning because of that.

It makes us less cultured and more insular, without any care or interest in other places or ideas.

Because you guys tend to be pretty ignorant of the ways of the world

>why not all english-speaking people?
None of us says centre unironically

What should we feel?

Yes, I feel like I lucked out by speaking the most universal language from birth and I feel great because I can communicate with various different people of various different cultures and learn about them without having to know each one's language. I'm working on the languages from countries I am interested in historically one at a time.

>go to reply to thread
>see "Kamen Rider"
>don't reply

Most of the non-native English language speakers on Cred Forums speak poor quality English though.

In what respects?

>your language
not a big fan of this post

Pretty much this. It's nice to not need to learn a language, which gives me a lot of breathing room to learn whatever the hell I want.

Centre is the most common variant :^)

In respects of the ways of the world

I have a feeling it would be a much different story talking to some of these non-Anglos face to face.

>Do you Americans even feel something after seeing all these many foreigners on Cred Forums who can speak your language quite fluently?
No, I don't feel anything. It's just normal.

What do you expect us to feel?

>English is the most spoken language on the planet thanks to New Zealand

Are non-Anglos even human?

Such as? For example?

>he doesn't know what Great Britain is
Is this what American education is truly like?

wakfu sucks

I think it was more of a shot at you arrogant sheep fuckers than stating that the US played most of the role in spreading the English language.

>implying English not Spanish is my native tongue

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

Maybe if we consider the standard spelling in each individual english speaking country. However, considering the fact that americans make up for more than 60% of the total it doesn't seen like it's the most used variant.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English-speaking_world

he means that since the US has a large population, it results in many english speakers in the world

CHI

if you're limiting it to native speakers then English isn't even the most widely spoken language in the world

Americans dont make up the majority of total speakers and neither does american english so your point is quite irrelevent

>thinks he's insulting new zealand by implying they didn't have a role in spreading the English language
Why is American banter so bad, lads?

el latinoamericANO

b, but you did

>Americans dont make up the majority of total speakers
The chart says otherwise.

There has to be a global language on some level, English just so happened to be that language. English (as a second language) is also much more taught in countries outside of the US. Quit trying to feel like a special snowflake, and quit being so ignorant. Kill yourself.

Terrible.

Everyone pls forget English so I can feel more useful learning your language thx.

Let all keep arguing and ignore this post.

The Chinese don't want to learn English, just learn mandarin.

>In some instances I'm grateful, but then upset because we don't require second language learning because of that.
>It makes us less cultured and more insular, without any care or interest in other places or ideas.

Fucking self-hating liberals. Kill yourselves.

What do you mean by this?

>without any care or interest in other places
I wish it were this way.
>It makes us less cultured and more insular
Monolingualism makes you less ""cultured""? Someone should inform the French.

English is the most major language. what's with this?

Thanks the Brits and Americans, 2bh.

germans and nordicks speak better english than 99% of english natives

He wants to learn a language that will be very "useful," meaning he can access many people who he wouldn't be able to without it. So for instance, while there are millions who speak Swedish, many of them also speak English, so you're not denied speaking to many them by not knowing Swedish.

China has a massive population, and also a VERY low level of English comprehension. So if you can't speak their language, you're denied access to them. So I'm saying Mandarin is a prime example of a "useful," language for a 2nd language to someone who speak English primarily.

I'm far more concerned when I see native English speakers on other boards making basic mistakes.

English is the current international trade language, like French was previously and Latin before that. It's only reasonable that people would learn it.

idk something about the american bitch slap seems to make people want to speak like us

bangladesh

more like i banglaurmom

Sometimes I feel irritated because it reminds me that we're too weak and gay now to have influence like that any more.

>Americans
>your language

>speak your language quite fluently
>fluently

Chinesevis 1stv2nd is spanish.

All the different flags posting here are just Americans abroad

this desu

No.

No, it makes me feel retarded because everyone else knows my language AND their native language.

"One Beethoven symphony contains more culture then America has produced in her whole history" Adolf Hitler

yeah no one is speaking occitan or breizh anymore thanks to the """""cultured""""" french

you're wrong, little burger. There are shit tons of people who can speak it fairly good, the thing is that most americans always think the rest of the world is incabale of doing so just because you can't (or because you're too lazy to do it, after all, and like others have said, english is the current lingua franca, so there's no need to learn any other language, although, that might put you at a disadvantage in certain situations).

Why so offended. He was making an obvious joke.

>speak it fairly good
Nouns are "good," verbs are done "well." Copular verbs notwithstanding.

Your English is good.
or
You speak English well.

I feel a sense of happiness that people from around the world are able to communicate with me in the language I was raised with.
I imagine it's the same feeling someone gets when they realize a foreigner has taken time to learn their language, albeit a bit dumbed down because English is the lingua franca.

NERD!

In any case, multilingualism is the most efficient way of becoming "cultured" in my opinion.

>tfw senpai notices you
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeettt, i messed up right there, shame on me, sigh. Oh well, i suppose i've got to keep practicing until i don't make any more mistakes.
Not offended at all, it's just that when americans bump into someone that speaks english fairly well (thank you for correcting me by the way), they are surprised (it if were, for example, polish/serbian/greek or any other language that isn't that common, it'd be understandable, but english is pretty much everywhere, so it is natural everybody knows the basics).

It is different for those that are born bilingual in the US. At least I want to think so.

2bh speaking only your native language + english is pretty much monolingual level

They must feel very uneducated