Post cities

Post cities

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Indicadores_de_las_ciudades_de_América_Latina
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mexico City

Reforma and Santa Fe seem like the only real skyline areas

Asia seems like it may as well be on another planet.

That looks pretty dystopian

so beautiful

abu dhabi looks nice. Isn't it much more conservative than dubai though?

Both are incredibly boring, but yes.

Nah, the whole country is relatively lax.

I don't see a problem with conservatism and family values, ya dig
We don't want transgenders or multi-gendered faggots is what I'm saying. Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. The UAE is very welcoming to non-idiots.

R8 my city

I was told all most people do, at least in Doha, is go to shopping malls. Not sure how well that applies to the UAE.

Hey, I don't see anything wrong with malls.

What about plain old homosexuality? Not trans stuff. Do people get thrown in jail often over it?

Cartagena

We have a bunch of laws that literally have almost never been used and are just there to scare people.
Plenty of people are homosexual, and most of us have bigger things to worry about than what goes on in your bedroom.
As long as homos keep it to their bedrooms then there isn't a problem.

How's life there? Is the coast as bad as everyone here thinks?

Cartagena 2

One more.

I don't live there but I've visited several times. My favorite coastal city is Santa marta by far, barranquilla is amazing in the north side looks kinda like Miami. Cartagena is cool but there are too many foreigners who drive prices up. A cheap meal could go 20k or more

You can go to bars, but that's the most fun you can have, and even that is pretty shit. All the people are mostly shitty old expats and 80 IQ Arabs, you will never meet a more boring demographic than the people who live in UAE.

t. lived there 3 years, couldn't handle how boring it was and quit my job

Maybe you'd have more fun if you weren't retarded and autistic.
You can't even talk shit because you probably spend your days indoors anyway.
Opinion disregarded.

i like the screw tower

is that the screw they used to split your country in half

panama city is neat

Reminds me of the aborted Chicago Spire.

>autistic

It's the opposite, if I was autistic an anti-social and utterly empty void like Dubai wouldn't bother me.

Buenos Aires

I don't know what you mean by empty void since the city has 2.5 million people which is like 50% of the population of your entire country.

Hmmm....... Really makes your synapses impulse, doesn't?

Bogota isn't a very photogenic city as most buildings are from the 70s, but there are some cool skyscrapers on the way

Wow Argies actually made a nice looking city.

8/10 Bretty good

>this butt blasted Arab
It's shit. Unless consumerism dominates your life the Gulf has nothing to offer

mix from russian buildings and chinese storefronts.

What city is this? It looks so lovely

It could have 50 million people and it would still feel the same.

>this buttblasted Aussie

Every relevant place has strong consumerism. Maybe you wouldn't know because you're an Aussie.

culturally void due to the city basically just being welfare sheikhs and indian slaves.

a block of tokyo probably has more culture imo.

That they have.

Caracas, Venezuela

Then to each his own, mate. Dunno what to tell you.

Yangon, Myanmar

is this burma?

i'm impressed how well they are developing considering they were under a shitty chinese dictatorship puppet for the last 2 decades.

not as built up as other parts of asia but better aesthetics.

St. John's t b h

>culturally void due to the city basically just being welfare sheikhs and indian slaves.

kek
you probably just looked up the word sheikh and now you think you're an expert on the region

I just realized I put the subject in the name field. Fuck me.
Yes.

I don't think it is, I never met anyone in Dubai who didn't think it was an insanely boring place to live. It's just an objective way to look at, there really isn't much to do unless you are obsessed with shopping I guess.

hanoi

Bucaramanga, a medium sized city (around 1m inhabitants

>I don't think it is
It is.
Dubai is one of the most continually visited places on the globe and it was nothing but desert less than 40 years ago.
Deal with it.

>sheikh
i have indian international student friends from that city.

they fucking hate it compared to toronto. people are also pretty fat there i'm told.

>visited

Now your just making the arguments for me, I'm talking about living.

looks comfy af

Wish I could live in a city like this.

Americans cities are auto-oriented shitholes with half the place being parking lots.

>i have indian international student friends from that city.

There are Indians in the UAE that enjoy it and open up shops. Of course an Indian who actively moves to Canada is going to tell you they hated it. It's called survivorship bias.

Where is this?

Panama city, panama

it is pretty comfy
i mean high-ish unemployment but low crime

(also ~1% non white or aboriginal in the whole province wew)

2.5 million residents and counting.
One of the fasting growing cities in the world.

Like I said... nothing but desert barely 40 years ago and now is an Alpha+ City.

i'm wondering what's with the roofs.

the city though seems less colonial french-inspired, even the new buildings in ho chi minh city has a bit of french flair to it.

Really? Looked more like Japan to me. Didn't know Panama was first world.

anex Shileh pls

okay.

iunno i still don't think cultural centers really develop if you have a largely foreign workforce.

I visited Caracas a couples of times during my childhood and it was pretty amazing . I hope the situation improves soon so I can go back to visit

Oil can do that, doesn't really address anything I've written though.

panama and costa rica are considered pretty developed. At least by lat am standards

We have our own culture but part of the whole "international city" thing that we are going for is allowing other countries/cultures to chime in the social atmosphere.
If you're looking for native culture then hang out with the locals in the suburbs of Dubai

it is not, they just happen to be a regional hub, hence lots of overseas companies call Panama city their headquarters in Latin America

Oil is a double-edged sword.
Most oil rich countries (Nigeria, Venezuela, Iran, Iraq, etc) are dirt poor with shit infrastructure.
Compare that to countries like Japan, for instance, who have little natural resources, let alone oil, and they were able to generate a lot of wealth and infrastructure.

Having a lot of oil opens up the floodgates of colonialism and corruption. The only reason we were able to prosper off of our oil is because we have a stable government that was smart about doing things.

If you think oil = immediate economic success of a country, then you need to open your eyes.

And also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using what natural resources you have to become wealthy

As much as other people may hate this place I enjoy living here.

And I just told you that the residents (i.e. number of people who LIVE in Dubai) is 2.5 million and continues to grow every year.

If that does not address your point, then you did a shit job at explaining what you were trying to say.

You just need to diversify you're economy now that you have some money.

Can't just rely on oil revenue forever.

Interestingly enough, Panama city is not even among the top 5 most competitive cities in Latam but that might be due to its small population and lack of human capital. Those spots are taken by Santiago de Chile, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Bogota and Buenos Aires in that order
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Indicadores_de_las_ciudades_de_América_Latina

pacific facing cities seem to have an aesthetic all on their own. its like a thick ocean air combined with warm colors.

pic related is sydney but its the impression i get when i visited california.

also resource based economies tend to fluctuate a lot depending on a resource's price, whereas manufacturing/service are far more safe
t. knower

They are diversifying. Dubai's economy revolves around being an international airport/financial hub iirc

>You just need to diversify you're economy now that you have some money.

I agree with you. And we are working on doing that.

Why do you think we are building all of these ridiculously tall/wide/large things? It's to attract tourism and investment to help shift economy.

Consider that Dubai, for instance, gets 4% of its revenue from oil.
The rest is from tourism, finance, banking, etc.

It's going to be a gradual process, but like I said, we are working toward it.

post more cozy pic of this town pls. I've decided to make a folder for it

The difference with oil is that we control the prices via OPEC, so it isn't as unpredictable, but I agree with you that it's best to become reliant on industry.

Then again, the UAE as a country is not even 50 years old yet.
I'd say we're on schedule right now to switching from oil.
The vast majority of Emiratis want the country to move past oil, but again, it is not gonna happen overnight, and until someone can find a way to disseminate clean/efficient energy sources, then there will always be a demand for energy.
That's just the way it works.

Cyberpunk here we come.

ok
here is a cliffside neighbourhood in st john's called the battery

>tfw London has a really shitty skyline

Basically Canary Wharf just looks like the downtown of a boring mid size American city whilst the central skyline looks like a bunch of random architectural wank stains placed with no cohesive plan. We've also got load of soulless mid rise buildings going up close to big train stations.

here is the full waterfront

i think he means in terms of cultural vibrancy.

dubai seems quite stale and not a lot of cultural activity going on compared to a place like beirut.

more liberalized = more creative and dynamic imo.

London's tallest building is almost entirely owned by the Qatari Government
LEL

here is "jellybean row"

forgot pic

Do you live there?

Nah he has been flipping his argument with every back-and-forth.

1) "Dubai is boring as fuck"
2) "Well.... Most people hate Dubai"
3) "Well... even though Dubai is one of the most visited cities in the world, not many people choose to stay"
4) "Well.. even though Dubai has 2.5 million residents and is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, it lacks cultural vibrancy"

Dubai does have cultural vibrancy, imo.

yeah, its pretty ok here

dubai gets a lot of shit but i like it

No, I haven't. It's actually you who flip your arguments, your responses to my perception of life in Dubai is met first with personal insults then with facts that have nothing to do with what living there actually feels like.

I'm jelly. Cozy towns like that are a rarity in NA. Hows the job market up there?

>"hurrr durr 80 IQ Arabs"
>"MUH PERSONAL INSULT ME"

If you can't take it, don't dish it.

I already told you, nigga, if you don't like it then that is completely fine.

I only brought up statistics like population and tourism when your bum ass said it wasn't a personal preference and that Dubai is OBJECTIVELY horrible.

But for some reason, you think you speak on behalf of the entire planet, when like I said, many people would disagree.

wew uh see
its pretty meh for jobs right now as were a fairly oil dependant economy
but if youre looking for a job in newfoundland ur gonna find it in st john's

pic related is OC, just outside of the st john's harbour

oh also our real estate market is far below the majority of canadian cities, you could buy a meh tier 2 bed 1 bath 5 mins from downtown for ~75k USD

I don't consider insulting a group of people to be personal, I wouldn't say facts are insulting either. It's a fact that the average Arab has an IQ of 80.

Population increase and tourism has nothing to do with what it's like living there. I do think that objectively that for 99% of people from the free world, living in Dubai will be a downgrade when it comes to having fun.

I heard martimers get paid the lowest and work the longest of all canucks. Is that accurate?
t. have a online friend from the martimes

You are officially retarded, my friend.
Wasted my time with your petty contrarian garbage.
Have a cookie, mate.

maritimers yes, newfoundlanders no

not him but the city is northern as fuck. people really only visit it for tourism nowadays.

what are you guys doing with the oil money?

will you atleast buy us high-speed rail for all those years of paying transfers to you guys?

I've got an older one for you

Pretty crazy day desu. Saw that shit from my roof.

Vegas is my favourite city in the States.

Tokyo is so comfy.

Amsterdam or another city? It seems like all of the Netherlands looks the same - a lot of grass, water and all the cities have cozy huurkazerne with canals and bikes everywhere.

would you live there?

Looks cool but at the same time seems a tad boring.

This one is Amsterdam.
And yes. The Netherlands look the same in general.

Gdańsk has a lot of architecture styled from the Dutch.

bratislava

kosice

presov

bardejov

trencin

banska bystrica

kremnica

sousse

modra

ain drahem

Urban?

please post future cyber punk Asian cities

Paris

Like that ?

welp, that looks really nice

looks like poland

Phx, AZ

God tier cities: unplanned, organic, free market

Shit cities: planned, communistic abortions

tunis

>All these overpopulated cyberpunk cities, slums or american urban sprawls itt
I prefer something like finnish cities.

Bangkok

how fucked are the slums in thailand?

klong toei is pretty bad

do you know thaiboy? National hero tbhwy

no

Corea

Chyna

Gdańsk (Danzig in Dutch) used to have a Dutch elite of merchants. So it's not that strange.

The trade of the baltic see was seen as the most important trade for the Dutch and Gdańsk played an important role in that.

paris is god tier (except for tourists and non whites) and it was planed

:)

NON DVCOR DVCO. Fucking city of my heart. Luv u São Paulo

Haphazard city

We know, that's why you guys always sided with Denmark against Sweden

Also, Gothenburg was designed by dutch
(old map)

glad too see that our coat of arms is still there on the townhall

(new map)

10/10

Does it still look like this?

No, the fortifications are gone

That's such a shame. Hopefully it can be restored once.

The only city here with it's fortifications still up is Visby with it's wall

I didn't know there were so many muslims in Poland...

There's heaps

MSU

this
is not for

>google baghdad
>most are 2003 war aftermath

Karlaplan / Stockholm

Price to live here is circa 9100$/m2

Stureplan / Stockholm

Famous for it's nightclubs

weird question
but what's the average m2 in Sweden

Gamla stan (old town) / Stockholm

Bunch of old building, royal castle (he doesn't live there thou) and parliament.

A fast google search says it's 4300$, but i think bigger cites drives up the avrange

that's crazy expensive
in Baghdad a decent neighborhood goes for 2000$ and Baghdad hasn't expanded since 2003 so you can imagine the demand rise

What's a decent neighborhood in Baghdad?
Only one Jihadi blowing himself up every 3 weeks?

r8

haha we're under constant terrorist attacks because the country was destabilized and police, army, was dismembered by a coalition which your country was part of, that's so funny man

Minsk

we were never active in the iraq war

also your fault for being muslim lol

In my city it's 2300$ thou

Picture related

How is it to live in Belarus ?

Doubt it, probably more comfier then living in Sweden

Nairobi Kenya

Windhoek Namibia

forgot pic

Several Dutch towns;
hoorn

Enkhuyzen

Zwolle

Den Bosch

Rotterdam

>Dutch
You mean German

u like?

cum everywhere dude

OC from new york

that building ruins the skyline

Its grown on me desu.

>title in username

Malmö

he 's right, dutch

This polish neoroman church from 1905 still looks modern. Thankfuly it survived the wars.

Looks like some kind of theme park

The best Japanese city coming thru

Paris

>Homes placed THIS close to each other
Not really comfy 2bh

Unfortunately most American ""cities"" are 90% suburbs and 10% actual downtown because of urban decay and muh white flight. The only real exceptions to this are NY, Chicago, Boston, SF, and maybe a couple of others. Los Angeles is the epitome of this phenomena.

Same. There really is no place like New York, the good and the bad.

As much as I dislike many parts of living here (outdated subway, delays, terrible summers), it's the only place in the US worth living imo

LA here. 100% agree our downtown is shit compared to the vast majority of other US cities.