ITT: Post your country's airforce

No bully.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE
infodefensa.com/latam/2016/09/16/noticia-fuerza-aerea-mexico-despide-cazas-servicio-activo.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kTZd5B8nYtU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Air_Force#Aircraft_inventory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avibras_Falcão
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_Air_Force#Current_inventory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Air_Force
youtube.com/watch?v=VCWjByenDsM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Brazilian_military_aircraft
pymes75.plus.com/military/future.htm
pymes75.plus.com/military/jsf.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=VQ70D6nWQ6M
youtube.com/watch?v=9wkxrQOkNdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

plz no bully

Thanks to the U.S for letting us buy shit from them.

It's a shit plane though

I wish goverment replace these already
They are the oldest piece of hardware in our airforce
Everything else is pretty ok

What do you use them for?

preventing the wall from being built

Regular light aircraft interceptions
Turbo prop AT-6 also work but not in the same range and weaponry
This guys are really over tasked and now in their last legs

youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE

brrrt

They are retired as of this month.

infodefensa.com/latam/2016/09/16/noticia-fuerza-aerea-mexico-despide-cazas-servicio-activo.html

>muh BRRRRRRRRRRT
REPLACEMENT WHEN

Why would Mexico need an airforce?

America will protect you and America probably does not want a fully armed Mexico

You don't need F-35s to bomb druglords, Nicaraguans, Cubans, Guatemalans, etc.

>he doesn't know

youtube.com/watch?v=kTZd5B8nYtU

Well they time had to come, Air force wants to develop their own fighter but it will take a lot of time
We don´t want protection, our laws are against us being protected by someone else
We are not looking for F-35 just something to patrol our own air space and oil platforms
Navy also has large projections into the future but never to challenge america, thats the way it is also our politicians have blocked dozens of atemts in having a modern air force

Holy fuck that big one in the back is going to eat them

>Well they time had to come, Air force wants to develop their own fighter but it will take a lot of time
Stupid. Why develop your own fighter when you are expeidtionary in nature? The cost and development alone will eat away at your defense budget. When you could purchase a bunch of Block 52 F-16's and have greater capability then ever before at a fraction of the price to develop your own fighter platform.

Thanks for all the new helis america

No, the airplane being developed (pictured) is mostly recon/surveilance, it's basically meant to be cost effective as fuck and leave low speed interceptor/COIN duties for the Texans

No America does not want a fully armed Mexico and that has historically been a sort of unspoken deal, however we do have needs for airspace control that we need an at least trans sonic platform to fill CONT

aren't expeditionary in nature*

There were intentions for those a few years ago
But what´s wrong with having our own tech?
We will replace those in the short run with american or european anyway
Proyect extends all the way until a fighter is developed
The model they presented this year has to have flying examples by the 2018 parade

Soon lads.

Thank you greatest ally.
Thank you for gifting us and selling us one of the best fighter jets on the planet (even though the systems are just crap and we are forced to implement our superior systems).

Well, it was designed in 1965, so, you're welcome, I guess.

A LIFT like pictured would be perfect, the problem is the US is sure to block any attempts to acquire it, they don't mind the Russian transport helos but fighters are a different thing, and the Aermachi version is three times as expensive. I suspect the army (air force is independent but technically under them) decided to retire the F-5s as a way to protest the neglect in this area as this is a piece of hardware that is always controversial despite the oposition parties agreeing on principle with the need for an interceptor, simply put Peña can't afford the PR blow.

The air force wants a fully capable fighter but IMHO something like refurbished F-16s is just throwing money down the drain, we don't need competent dog fighters but only credible deterrence (which depends on weapon systems) and ability to intercept trans sonic civilian aircraft. This would also be enough for the plausible conflict scenarios (no Central American/Caribean nation today can't afford top fly supersonics anyway) so it's probably gonna be a couple of years of wrangling lacking these capabilities, ideally Peña buys the new fighters before leaving office, and the next president doesn't have to deal with the political mess, but PRI has demonstrated it doesn't care that much about real needs, especially where the armed forces are concerned.

>But what´s wrong with having our own tech?
Have you seen how much it costs for the R&D on a 5th gen?

Russia needed India and even then lacks funding. China can only come close by stealing technology. US has an absolutely retarded defense industry so they are probably the only ones that can pull it off by themselves.

That's a turbo-prop with a 400km/h top speed, you'll never make a supersonic fighter out of it and as you can see the aerodynamics are not for something that will really ever support anything more than maybe a couple of hard points. That's not a viable interceptor, there's private jets that an outfly that and the narcos can certainly afford those.

Defense R&D is how we prop up the economy without printing money.

And US economy evolved around the defense industry. USA's geopolitical standing and it's constant battles feed that. Not like Mexico.

You can't just can't make one appear and expect it to do the same.

Don´t forget that they asked for something like your pic to replace the T-33s remember those right?
I think for a cheap and reliable fighter pic related is best
We are not talking something like that, but something that can intercept civilian and comercial aircraft something based in F16, we have no intentios of shooting out an F-35 comptetitor and like with the tech the army has developed there are no intentions to sell it
You did see it right? in the parade its a training aircraft
First 2 planes that they will do are going to be basic training and combat training like AT-6

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Air_Force#Aircraft_inventory
>mexico still uses turboprop

holy fuck conquering your ass will be easy for trump.

You're first leaf.

>TFW USA 82nd Airborne, nicknamed now is "Fist of the Empire" drops into Mexico City.

I could die a happy man.

No

Pls go easy on the bully.

Hey you guys should be proud you actually have an aircraft carrier.

Even if you didn't actually design and build it yourself.

No, I couldn't see the parade, I was sleeping it off, the T-33s never got replaced but they shoulod and we should abandon pretensions for a supersonic jet, it simply is money down the drain we are not a South American country to waste money like that. We currently are making lines efficient and trying to avoid the trap of operating a circus airforce with too many suply/maintenance chains. Current order of battle is the Grobs for training (and I really hope they don't feel tempted into using those for surveillance) and the TC-6 for multi-role/low speed interceptor. Keep in mind the TC-6 can do COIN quite effectively, it can even precission drop bombs (eg like American drones) and it's suposed to be suplemented in the mid to long term with the hydra technology drones which should eventually become the backbone of all recon missions. We even bought a couple of Israeli high endurance drones so we really don't even need to replace the whole fleet like for like, just get the mess of cessnas and civilian planes replaced with drones, and make the switch from the Pilatus to the TC-6. The only thing missing is a squadron of something that can do air superiority which means at least trans sonic.

Personally I don't like the Grippen, it's an awesome plane but we really don't need it and the congress is never going to aprove it and this is one we need it not to be partisan. I think a LIFT is something you can sell to PRD/Morena (at a certain point they start looking as against tthe armed forces so this is a good compromise) from a suply chain perspective the best choice is whatever the Americans replace their last F-5 based trainers with, but that's going to take years, especially as everything is getting delayed/frozen on the F-35/A-10 mess and we are already out of interceptors, if we wait for them to make up their minds we could easy be out of an interceptor a good half decade.

It's pretty much dead. They'll probably use the cash of reform to buy the SeaGripen now, since the A4's are literally deathtraps. Two hit each other during the olympics.

We could have the world's second largest military budget and we'd still get rammed by the Americans in under 48 hours, you're delussional if you think we make our plans considering that scenario. Our best defense against American invasion is they know they'd be forced to fight a guerrilla war inside their own borders. If only 1% of the legal Mexicans living in the US turns out to be people who will fight the US that's still something like an army half a million strong, and you know getting guns in America is not an issue.. It would make the ISIS/Al Qaeda attacks look like school children playing.

Turbo props are cost effective sound platforms, you don't use a lambo for a pick-up truck's job.

10 years ago we bought 48 of these.

No lad a fighter is a must, northcom of the us said so last time they invited the SENPAI to an exercise, pilots performed well but such few planes (now none) will be useless if we ever come under attack or a civilian plane goes rouge and a trubo prop cant keep up with it.
If not the grippen something is needed, navy should also have its own small fighter wing, but I agree congress and MORENA will block anything... but I really hope the realize how important is to have air superiority over our own homeland
Our budget is fairly small and we still manage a fairly large and capable army, negligence of the high command is the thing that hurts the most

About 60 F-18

lol

Are you guys still paranoid about Russian invasion?

IMO you should be focusing on domestic security because of all the m*slims

Russia has flat out told Finland they can't join NATO or prepare for buttfuck.

What could they do if Finland joins NATO?

You're not a real country if you don't produce Drones.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avibras_Falcão

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_Air_Force#Current_inventory

Don't know if this is good

Realistically Russia is the only nation that would invade us, but it's still not very likely.

Unless of course you read our main shitpaper, which has been going "tanks in 30 minutes" for 20-30 years now.

Don't be so hard on our officers, they have to deal with our politicians, overall I agree the armed forces do an awesome job given their circumstances and I really wish we could equip them to do what they do best, DN-3. rather than continue using them as a police force. I would like to see a couple of kick ass hospital ships as flagships for our navy rather than do shit like submarines or aircraft carriers like the hues, but I digress.

The thing you have to understand here is a fighter like the Grippen is not necessarily a better interceptor than something like the YAK, the Grippen lacks supercruise, it will function as an interceptor at roughly the same speeds as a lift even if it can give itself a small boost with the afterburners. And even then the Grippen is only as capable as the weapon systems/radarupgrades it receives, you could put the same on a LIFT. We don't need a dogfighter, the scenario in which Mexican air force fights air superiority against other supersonics is the one the US intervenes in, they're not going to let China or Russia play games in North America and they don't have a reason to try. The very worst case scenario is venezuela goes rogue for whatever reason and uses it's one air tanker to allow a couple of their fighter jets to reach our territory for a hit and run strike. With our own radar system and the Embrarer eye in the sky we could fucking use the Texans to launch misiles out of their range. How this works is the second we know the political climate is such we need those weapons we discreetly buy them from the Americans (and pass it off as we got them from the Israelies) you want Mexico to spend a billion dollars on jet fighters for this 1 in a 100 scenario I just told you how we could resolve? We need more radar planes not fighters.

If it's a terrorist trying to crash a plane in one of the big buildings in Reforma the LIFT will do as well as the Grippen, both would fail equally flying from Sta Lucia to Mexico City.

Throw a tantrum and place military assets on our border, but that's just a regular tuesday.

Obligatory.

Bringing freedom to a country near you.

Only option would be to invade Finland before it can. Once Finland is in NATO, Russia would fight NATO (and definitely lose).

This is a real possibility. Looked what happened to Ukraine when they floated the idea of joining NATO.

But wait! There's more!

muh boneyard

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_Air_Force#Current_inventory

Probably the best South American Air Force desu.

Nice uniforms btw.

Sexy

DN-3 is they're best all right
But sadly before they leave the streets we need capable police forces
We don't need just more radar planes but we need a bit more of everything
And it's not just one scenario, the 2 times we bought planes was because we were under imminent attack,, and under those circumstances I doubt we could have defended ourselves, pilots need time in their planes just to use them properly.
Is not just one thing, is everything
Industry has made great progress with manufacture of uniforms and new rifles, navy building ships here creates jobs and that is good.
I don't want Mexico to become a war mongering state, but yes to have something that stands with our size as a nation

very peace and calm

>You don't need F-35s to bomb druglords, Nicaraguans, Cubans, Guatemalans, etc.
That's where you're wrong.

Jokes apart, we don't need a WWII Destroyer with ASW capabilities, but we have that there anyway (even though it's been scheduled for sinking since like two years ago)

>Mexico can't even conquer itself
>expects another country to be able to do it

>tfw a third nuke drops into japan
I could die a happy spic

these flew over brisbane yesterday to end the annual brisbane festival

Why?

Shit plane, F-35 will replace it and Make Airforce Great Again.

We finally retired the ancient MiG-21s late last year.

I dont see those f-5s on your inventory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Air_Force
you sure you actually have those now?

That's our F16 and this is what our MIG pilots can do:

youtube.com/watch?v=VCWjByenDsM

worth a watch.

See

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Brazilian_military_aircraft

Alright i guess.

currently bombing brown people in Iraq and Syria

half mirage2k half f16, probably latest block but don't know/care really

And this is one of our Hercules planes. I'm posting it because I just like it :3 nothing else.

This.

pls send more F-35s.

RAF summary

The US is overpowered tbqh.

PLS BUY

pls no bully

The only one worth mentioning, the rest is bully matterial desu

JAS IS CUUUUUUUTE

>his an entire airforce is two planes
Woah, really makes me think

We have four now IIRC

Will take a while to install the British weapon systems on them

We should be getting more planes this year

pymes75.plus.com/military/future.htm

a cute.

Oooh we have 5 now, not 4

pymes75.plus.com/military/jsf.htm

This is one of ours in a hangar.

Where all the Spitfires at?
btw we haz dem hawks too, no radar no shit onlygood 4 like flyin some crazy immelmans an shit

We only use the F-5 as trainers tho

>Where all the Spitfires at?

A number of them are still used for airshows, flyovers and memorial usage. They're often used whilte accompanying a Lancaster bomber.

youtube.com/watch?v=VQ70D6nWQ6M

Gripen NG has super cruise, AESA and the Meteor.

>tfw no Rolls-Royce Merlin engine of my own

youtube.com/watch?v=9wkxrQOkNdc

Pew pew pew

Is it riverfest already?
Shame they don't have the sparkly one anymore.

USD$100 million + flyaway and more importantly USD$27,000 an hour to operate we will never be able to afford. Out of curiosity are these specs mantained in the version Brasil is buying?

Irish air force > anything else

nice super taquito

Propeller planes a cute.

The airfoce in Portugal is called FAP. You couldn't make this shit up.

NATO calls it blackjack. Here it is called white swan.

bad tu22 copy desu

Ahaha its so funny kek)) Especially if you are 14 yo)))))))))

How is it copy of tu-22?

Both Sweden and Brazil are getting the same version.

>white swan
white swan is a popular prison in russia you debik

So what? T-160 is called white swan.

Doesn't the brazil version have lots of domestic parts though?

that's a big plane

O T-29 super Tucano é um avião maneiro pra caramba. Alta manobrabilidade e autonomia, capacidade de voar baixo e devagar, e pousar em qualquer pista, aguenta bem as nossas condições climáticas. Perfeito pra o tipo de missão que ele foi projetado. Sem falar que ele tem um visual super bacana =D

The T-29 Super Tucano an awesome plane! Highly manouverable, great autonomy, able to fly low and slow and to land in almost any kind of runaway and perfectly adapted to our climate conditions. Perfect for the kind of missions he was designed for. Besides, he looks cool as sit! =D

riverfire was on saturday

Correction: A-29 not T-29

Correção: A-29 não T-29

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Brazilian_military_aircraft
You have really good organic transport aircraft. Fighter aircraft is to be desired. Really good CAS platform in the A-29A as well.

3 training jets, 2 parachuting planes and 4 helicopters

I like the flag painted on the helicopter fin. We should do that too.

Better painted on the front, so the crosses meet in the. Center

>a plane that cannot fly unless you already have total aerial superiority

Apart from attacking ground targets that thing is useless af.

it can hit with bombs and die

I was thinking something like this which would work on the fin

This would do just fine

I like it

plz don't bully ;_;

literally nothing

Nothing we've not seen in this thread yet but I must say F-15s are sexy planes. Just too bad I live somewhat near an air base and they roar like motherfuckers.

Love the aesthetics of the dassault fighters and mig-29s too.

I love super tucano!

R.I.P.

Other countries can only stand in awe.

Are the guys with all the military pictures the same weirdos that collected knives and other edgy weaponry in their childhood?

looks c00l though