American """""""""""exams"""""""""""""

American """""""""""exams"""""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2015/06/07/battle-to-thwart-sat-cheating-in-asia-continues/
papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics - Further (9231)/9231_s03_qp_1.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_disability
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysgraphia
healthline.com/health/depression/effects-brain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t. ZIKA'D

t. sharter

Yeah, they're really easy if you cheat - blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2015/06/07/battle-to-thwart-sat-cheating-in-asia-continues/

>Need to cheat for a test that can be done by 12 year olds
Nice to see there are brainlets trying so hard.
>SAT math
>Find hypothenuse of given triangle
Wow

I got a 1420 on the one out of 1600

It's always the Math section with you orientals. You do well on that and then lose your shit because the verbal section completely destroyed you.

>just looked at a SAT sample exam
>you're right

wow it's literally 8th grade maths and 7th grade reading comprehension at best. How is this considered the gold standard in the US? The stuff we were doing in 12th grade required much more insight and critical thinking than this rubbish.

no wonder the average yank is fucking brain dead retarded.

Reminder, I'm not a China born chink, my main language in English. Jokes on you, reading comprehension is easy as fuck
Yea, apparently this tests gets me into Harvard, among all the other extra curriculars that you have to do.
Yfw test is so easy, universities have to resort to getting their students do stupid shit all day long to put them into their portfolio.
UK is still arguably the best when it comes to academic reward. Want to see how the Burgers fare when they take the Cambridge 'A' levels.

Not enough for Harvard, did you apply to Cal Berkeley? I didn't apply to US in the end.

The sample exams are always way easier than the actual one. It's not a terribly difficult examination but it's no walk in the park either.

Also, it's not supposed to be the gold standard. Scoring well on it basically means you have the bare minimum understanding to make it in university. The real gold standard tests are the AP Examinations.

Harvard is literally filled with Asians already. You probably won't make it past the racial quotas without doing some really extraordinary shit.

I already got accepted to the state school in my city, my main goal is to not go into debt. It's a pretty good school that does a lot of research.
Inb4 underage, I'm an 18 year old high school senior

Who cares? It's an easy test. I did well and went to a top 20 school. Why make a thread about it?

I got 1390 lol

But seriously olevels and alevels system is ridiculously so much better than american education.
Holy fuck these kids in college are fucking dumb and charging them for teaching these baaic shit is so ludicrous. No wonder people think college is scam.

t.international freshman in cheap state school who had to quit doing a level

Hi, MIT

We're gonna bring you down with us, white boy.

kek
I took that exam a while back.

2140, and I would've gotten higher if it wasn't for my relatively shit English back in the day.

>tfw got a 21 on the ACT the first time, while having extended time (not sure how much extended time it was)
Feels bad man

It's ok man, just go to a decent state school and transfer to a nicer university.

SAT is a joke. For example Polish pre college exam can be said to be Matura. Mathematics part is split into two section: advanced and basic. Both are 3 hours long . SAT is comparable to basically a bit tougher basic math test. Advanced math usually has stuff like derivatives in optimization questions, polynomials of higher degrees, various degrees of hardness of geometric proofs you won't find in any common books, quadratic equations with a tweeest (usually argument a next to one or two exponentials and you have to say for which argument a the solutions satisfy some requirement like both being of different signs or x1 + x2 must be so and so), some analytic geometry with at least one annoying tweeest again, and algebraic proofs.

Advanced section also has like 4-5 abcd questions so no guessing allowed.

>/1600

The fuck is this shit?

Pre 2004 and post 2015 the Sat was/is out of 1600 and the written section wasn't offered or made optional.

2240 here you stupid monkey

>tfw you realize the average is 1530.

Is writing not taught in America?

Even when the writing section was required most schools didn't care about it, probably why they're phasing it out.

Did you get into a decent school?
>Is writing not taught in America?
No, writing isn't taught in title one schools, America is basically a third world country, outside wealthy areas.

>probably why they're phasing it out.
It's mostly to compete with the ACT, which made the writing section optional a while back.

>How is this considered the gold standard in the US?
It's an aptitude exam. They are things you should know if you want to go to University. It's not supposed to be difficult.

Damn, ivy leagues just look at the total score and see if they like the number, then they look at your ECs usually that's what I would think happens

How do I game the curve so easily if it is an aptitude test? Literally whole of America can barely get 2100, wtf? You can't tell sarcasm in critical reading? You can't use SVB in writing? You can't find 2x+1=4x+7 in math? Literally what? America what are you doing? Literally I used to do fucking 3 dimensional integration back in the day. Quantum physics too

kek
If only my English was as good back then as it is now. Fuck.

>How do I game the curve so easily if it is an aptitude test?
You're an outlier. Most people in Singapore would have difficulty getting anywhere close to 2000.
>Literally whole of America can barely get 2100, wtf
Most normies are impatient and don't take the time to really study for the SAT. You don't seem to understand that it's a standardized test that everyone takes, even the dumbest of retards.

Most people in SG who actually bother to take the SATs would easily be able to get above 2000 tho, but I see where you're coming from. Most people on the street probably won't.

Your AP shit is also easier than A levels, just go and download a further maths A levels paper and look at it and you tell me.
papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics - Further (9231)/9231_s03_qp_1.pdf

>How do I game the curve so easily if it is an aptitude
Schooling is better on average than in America, also while The SAT and ACT, have a fairly high correlation with intelligence tests, they have a much higher correlation with a students GPA,so all things being equal two students with same IQ, should receive different scores, with the student who has the higher GPA, having the higher sat score. This differs from other "aptitude" tests like the asvab(military entrance test, for those entering the us Military) which are literally intelligence tests and have a much higher correlation between IQ tests than the ACT or SAT.

That has more to do with the quantity of questions.

A US AP exam will at least have 20 or so mathematics questions, so the individual questions are toned down slightly but the overall level of content covered is similar.

There's a much bigger gap between the highest and average levels of competence in the US than in most other countries.

I mean it's probably easy as shit but I wouldn't be able to solve the maths section if my life depended on it.

Everything I have ever learned about maths in school disappeared the second I put down the pen when the teacher announced the time is up during final exam.

tfw you get a 5 on both AP World and APUSH exams

My little cousins are taking them and they've changed the exams up ,though. Now it's more about general concepts and trends over long periods of time.
You don't even need flashcards for it.

>tfw right on the edge

JUST

>German Education

>tfw you get a 5 on both AP World and APUSH exams
Same. My saving grace was that History comes naturally to me so even though I was shit at my normal subjects I still knew enough to do well in it.

I have no clue what they changed desu.

Makes me wanna move to the US and game the system

Is there any need to know any of this though?

I have never found myself in a situation where I would have needed more than the stuff we learned up until 5th grade.

>The diagram shows one loop of the curve whose polar equation is r=a sin 2θ, where a is a positive constant. Find the area of the loop, giving your answer in terms of a and π

a yeah right totally useful stuff

Unless you want to study this, why force kids to learn this shit in the first place. Absolutely no benefits to it.

If you're intelligent then do it. You'll get all sorts of scholarships and preferential treatment in employment etc.

Same here.
Math, history, and science are my babies.

I still suck at English and every art known to man, though.

I think they've added more writing for the APUSH exam.

>Mfw goes to SAT test centre in Singapore
>Flooded with chinks
>Literally clammering so hard so that they can get "good" american education
>Tfw they go to the US because they can't even get into our prestigious top tier university, National University of Singapore.
>Lots of chink memorizing vocab before the exam
Feels good to be educated, feels good to be able to go to most universities in the world.

>Goes to America to study
>Get fucked by affirmative action

As long as you're non-white you're golden.

Lol what? Asians have less discrimination against entrance than the whites. But in any case both are fucking oversaturated in good universities, that's why its good to be black.

Forgot pic related

[Citation needed]

>preferential treatment in employment etc.
Why would he get any sort of AA? Most likely he's either Indian or Chinese.

Just do good in everything, you won't lose out

Well, I'm from Singapore, if that makes a difference. Fewer proportion of Singaporeans go to the US, because we're all too lazy to compete with all those cancerous chinks to take the SAT test here. Literally most of them fly here to take it because they can't get a seat in HK

Asians are actually discriminated against more than whites in college selection ever since 2012.

>I think they've added more writing for the APUSH exam.
They did and it fucked me over.
>Tfw dysgraphia
>Tfw you get the same scores on written exams as niggers cause no one can read your handwriting.

SATs for Chinkies, NS for sinkies eh?

>cancerous chinks

>wahhh they outcompete our lazy asses so they must be evil

Also, look in the fucking mirror

>tfw 24 yrs old and never took the SAT.

>easy exam
>asians cheat

wew

Did you ask to use a computer? I have dysgraphia too and they let me type the essays in a different room.

But we're not cancerous china chinks that try to game the system with fake personal statements and cheating. We're righteous Singaporeans, US greatest ally. I guess we'll just get generalized into cancerous China chinks, damn. Pic related, cheating is stupid shit only for dumb retards

>Asians are actually discriminated against more than whites in college selection ever since 2012
Yet almost every Asian person I know is pro affirmative action. Asians are now trying to get affirmative action in California(even though it was banned) for college selection for under represented asians ethnic groups(Hmong,thai etc.) It's pretty funny desu.

I just took the ACT.

Japs' Standard is far more harder than Sat. How the fuck do you calculate green color intensity for photosynthesis in light? This was from biology exam, not physic.

>Outcompete
Sure, they can't go to the UK or here, because they especially like the US. It's because they can't get into China, that they try to game the system and take a roll on the US. Because in the US, all you need is just SATs and some ECs which chinks can always just forge, cause they're all unethical shits, they go to the extend of cheating.

Don't think anyone here would even make 1/2 the requirements of our local universities.

Pic related is A levels, plus international competition.

The first 7 are basically East Asian, and 8 and 12 are E. Asian too
KEK

Here, as in chinks trying to game the US system here

>the first 7 are basically East Asian
>6. Finland
>7. Estonia

Trying to get into NTU as a poly student with an average GPA (3.5~). How fucked am I?

Finnish and Estonians are honorary E. Asian

Quite actually, barely make it into some courses

Singaporeans are well-known in my college for working together and cheating on exams.

This attempt to separate you chinks from mainland chinks is hilarious.

The only difference between y'all is money.

>Did you ask to use a computer?
No, I was thinking about trying to get diagnosed, but they also do testing for aspergers, which could fuck me over in the future if I had that on my medical record in the future. How'd you get your parents to take you seriously enough to get diagnosed? Everyone at school just said I was lazy and my parents didn't care.

There is no way to "game" the US system.

Most upper-tier US colleges have quotas on different nationalities. Hence Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/ and yes you SingChinks all have really high scores on average, yet that doesn't change the amount that get in.

Upper-tier American colleges are not stupid. They know how people try gaming the system, and therefore they usually establish a non-gameable system (quotas).

Is it because of AA? How does it work? I know it's supposed to "positively" discriminate to make things more advantageous for blacks and Hispanics, but why does it seem that Asians seem to be discriminated against it even though we're a minority in the States as well?

Is it because there are too many Asians in colleges in relation to the Asian population in the States?

>Is it because there are too many Asians in colleges in relation to the Asian population in the States
Pretty much. If they remove race from admissions , there'd be no blacks or Hispanics in top 50 schools.

>but they also do testing for aspergers, which could fuck me over in the future if I had that on my medical record in the future
Why? Do you think you have aspergers? Just so you no, it's illegal for a school or employer to discriminate based on your disability.
>How'd you get your parents to take you seriously enough to get diagnosed?
Try to reason with them, show them scientific studies that show a strong correlation between dysgraphia and learning disabilities and that it's not something you should be ashamed of, and it isn't something you can control.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_disability

Just so you know*

>dysgraphia

you guys never stop coming up with new retarded shit don't ya

I know you island Chinks like to hate on your mainland brethren and act all uppity towards them, but it doesn't change the fact the only difference between y'all is money.

>Is it because of AA?
Yes. And quotas on nationalities.
>How does it work?
The college population should represent the US population. Of course Asians are overepresented, but that's because a lot fill out "other" in America. Foreign students cannot do that though and their nationality is displayed. This enables us to put a cap on the number that can enter US colleges. Essentially it is harder for Asians to get into US colleges than anyone else. Therefore the percent stays the same while the quality increases.

Shitty schools that need better students may let in more Asians, yet most Asians don't want to do that.

>I know it's supposed to "positively" discriminate to make things more advantageous for blacks and Hispanics, but why does it seem that Asians seem to be discriminated against it even though we're a minority in the States as well?
Minority != percent in population
Minority = what liberals think is a minority. Essentially people that are poor and "disadvantaged".
Hence, as a Japanese American I am discriminated against in US colleges (and jobs), but I can put down "other" on the form. You Chinks can as well, but the college sees your nationality.

Liberals and leftists are quite racist. They just don't see it.

>Is it because there are too many Asians in colleges in relation to the Asian population in the States?
Short story, yes.

Are you retarded?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysgraphia

next thing you tell me is that depression is real
you probably suffer from three different kinds of anxiety and ocd as well right

lol

>dysgraphia

AKA I can't write for shit

>next thing you tell me is that depression is real
Hmmmm

What do they test? Math and reading comprehension? The Swedish test is absolutely retarded, they just make you describe the meaning of words unused since the 16th century. Thank god I got into lawschool based on my grades.

>based upon my Syrian nationality
Ftfy

.If you are forced to write sample tests for your entire life, unless you are retarded, you'll do well in them.

>tfw got only ~1800pts whilst my friends got a minimum of 1900 and one even got 2040pts

feels like a brainlet man

no, singaporeans are the smartest people. don't you understand.
and NSU is the best university in the world.
no other country can compete with the singaporean intellect.

>I know you island Chinks like to hate on your mainland brethren and act all uppity towards them
I don't hate them, I'm not that user you were replying to just now. He seemed like a bit of a dick considering we're all chinks. Also our main language is English whereas theirs is Mandarin. Personally I have nothing against our Chinese brothers from another country.

>Of course Asians are overepresented, but that's because a lot fill out "other" in America
I'm sorry, I don't quite follow what this "other" mean.

>Liberals and leftists are quite racist. They just don't see it.
Fuck so much this.

Some people can't and they're perfectly intellegent. Our brains work in mysterious ways, we can be shit at some things but brilliant at others.

This is the flawed design behind tests here and in other Asian countries. It's not about applying what you've learned.

It's about how much information you can cram into your brain before the test, and then writing it down on paper afterwards.

And our country is copying that system. Great to know.

Haha, sure. I just can't deal with their inferiority complex.

>be a native american woman
>get all the shit for free

Technically, I'm Caucasian and I'm also a male, so I'd have to pay up full price.

Shut up you privileged shitlord

It's pointless, sure there are some professions that require this "information cramming", but they're few and far in between.

Hey when your country is just an artificial product with no culture, sky-high standards of living, increasing suicide rates and nothing to be proud of, you take what you can.

Interesting they didn't put write down "Arabs or Muslim Americans", how much you reckon those cupcakes would go for?

>Why? Do you think you have aspergers? Just so you no, it's illegal for a school or employer to discriminate based on your disability.
Yes, I've taken a few tests that physiatrists use to determine if someone has Autistic traits and I always score extremely high. It's not illegal for the military to discriminate against you and while autism won't DQ you, they might decide to make you take a bunch of tests for other learning disabilities which will DQ you like add/adhd, as aspies symptoms can mirror those of add/adhd. I'd like to avoid getting fucked over by someone misdiagnosing me.
>Try to reason with them, show them scientific studies that show a strong correlation between dysgraphia and learning disabilities and that it's not something you should be ashamed of, and it isn't something you can control.
This only works if your parents believe in science and don't believe that vaccines cause autism(I never got any vaccines as a kid).

What was the diagnostic process like? From my understanding you write while observed and take a few tests. How long did it take?

>Hence, as a Japanese American I am discriminated against in US colleges (and jobs
>Jobs
You can still get aa in certain federal jobs due to asians being under represented.

I can see the same system applied in most top universities. UK standards are quiet rigid, and all they care about is prestige, which is what Asians buy into. I just hope that schools can emphasize less on exams and more homework and learning.

>Interesting they didn't put write down "Arabs or Muslim Americans"

I'm not surprised. Even when doing general applications in America, they don't have an "Arab or Middle Eastern" section.
As a matter of fact, they even put White and in parenthesis they add in European, North African, and Middle Eastern.

According to every official school, government, health record in the U.S, I'm considered "white" kek
what did you just call me

Because Islams a religion and "Arab" is a weird term that refers to both actual Arabs and Arabized people. They usually either fall into "Caucasian", "Asian" or "Other". We also have very few Arabs, our largest Islamic population is Turks who can barely be considered Muslim anyway.

The U.S actually has plenty of Arabs, specifically Christian Arabs from the Levant.
They just happen to be mixed in REALLY well with the whities that you couldn't tell.

They came here beginning in the 1800's.

The second and third wave of Arab immigration to the U.S is mainly Muslim, though. And they don't mix in as well kek

Source?
Or did you get it from a facebook depression page?

This is an example of what I mean.

I mean, if they're going after the really discriminated one, they would have included Muslim Americans in there seeing the discrimination they face after every terror attack, no?

>Christians
Ew, not diverse enough. We need to import more devout Sikhs and Buddhists to offset this

healthline.com/health/depression/effects-brain

Eh, I don't necessarily expect SJW's to have logic lol
Then you shoot up the Sikhs because you think they are Muslim
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting

kek

Rekt

BRAVO ESTONIA