Thinking about learning another language. Any suggestions?

Thinking about learning another language. Any suggestions?

I'm an American that speaks English and Spanish and I figure why not learn a third.

I would like a language that is fairly widespread and important with a lot of speakers both native and non native.

Currently I'm looking at French, Arabic, German, and Russian.

I'm kind of leaning towards German but I feel like most German speakers already know English (especially the younger and educated ones). I also feel that this language isn't very useful outside of central Europe.

French seems like it would be good to learn, though I fear that it would be hard to learn because I've heard French speakers don't like when foreigners butcher their language.

The other two seem like they could be valuable but I don't know much about them.

Learn French and then learn other Romantic languages

You're right about German, wouldn't learn it, it's difficult and the educated Germans (plebs doesn't matter anyway) are fluent in English. I think French isn't that hard, I'd learn French or one of the other langs you mentioned, you might wanna add Chinese or maybe Japanese to your list though

Chinese or arabic (arabian?).

>Scandinavian phrasebook
XD

>Eastern Europe phrasebook
:D:DDD

Learn French and Italian at the same time, there is nothing more badass than speaking all the Romance languages.

I'm not interested in East Asian languages because
1- no one speaks them outside of their country
2-theyre hard as shit to learn
3-even if you do learn Mandarin you couldn't communicate with all the Cantonese speakers, and there's so many different Mandarin accents that are hard to understand
4-theyre starting to speak better English anyway

JAPANESE

No

This is true. I'll go for French first

I dont know if I should choose German or French or Latin.

BTW, I want to learn a new language to read literature in the original language instead of relying on translations, not necessarily for communicating.

>pidgin phrasebook
what the fuck is that?
an autistic pidgeon?

I agree. That and the fact asians are racist af, and your accent will bring shame to your ancestors.

Eald Englisc

french

I think french will be good for you, it is used a lot on internet so you can find a lot of ressources and it's a romance language so it won't be really hard ! Have fun OP

learn classical syriac. it's a dead language but the script is aesthetic af famalam.

or this. if u speak like an anglo saxon you'll intimidate people. plus you can quote epic anglo saxon poetry.

>Romantic
REEEEEEEEEE
THE WORD IS FUCKING ROMANCE

Just learn french

sorry bb

I'm having a dilemma as well. I want to improve my German, which is at A2 level at most, but I also want to learn French, but I'm afraid I'll butcher the pronunciation and sound like a retarded faggot. It's not like I'm gonna do business with them or live in those countries.