When will the EU get its own private army?

When will the EU get its own private army?

never

Why? They need it now more than ever.

no they don't you memelord

The UK is about to leave the EU.

Thats 1/3 of current EU power.

They already have you.

We arent the EU's private army though.

>what is nato

yes we are

Most of EU is in NATO. Nobody relies on the EU for military purposes.

EU is europes union for trade and economy, NATO is europes union for defence.

>tfw not in NATO
We are fucked if SHTF

Also not a private EU army.

The Libson treaty allows for EU navy doesnt it?

Why would you need a private army? For what purpose?

>Most of EU is in NATO
Its true but most of NATO isn't EU, its US.

So isn't relying on NATO not enough?

you have Finland, give them air and sea support and you will be safe

>Why would you need a private army?
To defend your borders.

Most of NATOs forces in Europe is european.

And it doesnt matter that you also happen to be in NATO, that changes nothing, its not like the EU will fight you.

Nobody wants this besides Germans because it's so blatantly a fourth reich attempt. Also sounds incredibly gay and unitimidating.

Why cant that be done by the national militarys of the nations in EU in that case?

>And it doesnt matter that you also happen to be in NATO, that changes nothing, its not like the EU will fight you.
Most of NATO is US forces, everywhere.

It does matter because EU is relying on NATO cooperation for its military defense. If one major NATO nation, say the US, was to leave; Europe would be severely underpowered. If NATO doesnt exist, what then?

>Why cant that be done by the national militarys of the nations in EU in that case?
Because without a world power, as stated herethe EU is defenseless.

>If one major NATO nation, say the US, was to leave
It's not happening, go be delusional on Cred Forums.

It sounds gay because its not being led by Anglo country. Put America or UK at the helms and everyone starts to stand up straight.

>Nobody wants this besides Germans because it's so blatantly a fourth reich attempt.
But France would be apart of EU army also, wouldnt there be a power balance??

The UK is already leaving the EU, that is a major world power.

Time for bed, Billy.

>It does matter because EU is relying on NATO cooperation for its military defense. If one major NATO nation, say the US, was to leave; Europe would be severely underpowered.

12 brigades in 12 different european countrys is exacly the same as if those 12 brigades will be combined under a EU command.

Just because the EU or NATO is in control the number of troops will be the same in Europe.

>If NATO doesnt exist, what then?
What if EU dont exist? What if we dont exist?

>Because without a world power, as stated here #
the EU is defenseless.

Yes, and the EU will still not get a magical boost of 20 armoured divisions if they create a EU Army, all that manpower and materiel will be taken from current nation-specific armys.

>Just because the EU or NATO is in control the number of troops will be the same in Europe.
Not now that the UK is leaving the EU.

Not if US disbands NATO.

>and the EU will still not get a magical boost of 20 armoured divisions if they create a EU Army
You'd have to create that. Hence, why this question is asked.

How cant he EU be independent or successful without its own army?

I'm so sick of Americans tying Brexit to events in the US, whether it's right-wingers framing it as a victory in their (ironically globalized) fight against globalism or lefties trying to draw muh evil racist Trump supporter parallels. There were lots of arguments for leave and all of them have fuck all to do with America leaving its own military alliance. Trump isn't even in favor of doing that and I have no idea where you people are getting the idea that he is, it was literally a leftist media scare tactic with no grounding in reality that you all latched onto instead of disproving.

>I'm so sick of Americans tying Brexit to events in the US
Im tying Brexit to events in the EU.

Please stay on track.

>Not now that the UK is leaving the EU.
EU will still have the same power as its memberstates. No matter who is in EU or not.

Not if US disbands NATO.
They cant do that, they can leave NATO, but not disband it.

>You'd have to create that. Hence, why this question is asked.
Then why not let the nations in EU increase their nation specific military budgets insted?

Creating lets say 10 armoured divisions (excluding navy and air force just for the sake of calculation) would still need 4000 tanks, 250 000 people, and a fuck huge command structure. Its not reasonable to do with the economy of the EU.

How cant he EU be independent or successful without its own army?
It cant, its member nations can however.

>They cant do that, they can leave NATO
Agreed, but if the US leaves NATO; I'm sorry but its literally 100% less powerful.

>Then why not let the nations in EU increase their nation specific military budgets insted?
You should have been. That is why Trump is using NATO as leverage against EU.

I think he will recreate a new alliance where Europeans pay a lot more...

NOE

Yez

>Agreed, but if the US leaves NATO; I'm sorry but its literally 100% less powerful.
More like 70% but I get the point.

The thing is that the remaining 30% is what exists in europe. They will be the same no matter if they are under EU or NATO command.

>You should have been. That is why Trump is using NATO as leverage against EU.

I agree with that, but post 91 the Soviets/Russians/Various other slavs wasnt a problem so everyone cut back big time (exept for the US). And europe pretty much hasnt needed to spend anything as the US has always had done it for us.

Its wrong and disproportional but it will change. And if Trump wins it will change even faster.

>The thing is that the remaining 30% is what exists in europe. They will be the same no matter if they are under EU or NATO command.
Its true, but when will Europe recover the 70% power gap?

Americans just want to see Europeans be strong.

No, the economy of the EU is not that strong.

It would be possible for the EU to reach the level of Russia (and well beyond that) but it could never hope to match the combined force of the whole US military.

EUs collapsing also it already does.
German army.

>No, the economy of the EU is not that strong.
But there is money is weaponry.

Guns are valuable as fuck. They increase in value.

Thats not how military spending works user

Hopefully they create a euro army and ask American forces to leave. The Baltics and Poland wouldn't be happy but euros should remove all US influence.

1. The US isn't leaving NATO.
2. Nor would an EU army help Europe's security if it did. You'd just be moving resources around, and locking it behind even more bureaucracy.

Well you will have to mine for the minerals and mold them into shape and place them together.

All jobs.

>Nor would an EU army help Europe's security

Then we might aswell mold statues of pepe, that would also create jobs. I wonder why no company hase done this.

Within 10 years

Its true.

The personel in that EU army would be way better put to use in nation specific militarys.

I presented a reasonable case. I'm not coming any further.
If you can't address it, fair to assume you can't.

>I wonder why no company hase done this.
>Europeans in charge of economy

The EU literally spites itself allowing the by allowing US to

It has been said repeatedly the next US President will be a wartime President.

It has been offered, many times, that NATO be left during Presidential elections. Donald Trump said leaving it would benefit the US, its not media spin. You're the one blowing it out of proportion.

>The EU literally spites itself allowing the by allowing US to

What?

>but if the US leaves NATO
>he will recreate a new alliance where Europeans pay a lot more...
>its not media spin

Holy shit. This entire thread is a Trumpkin who thinks Trump's blathering about NATO might happen(!), and that an EU army could be the alternative(!)
I took the thread seriously, and I've been had. I apologize for presenting myself as interested in engaging with the topic of an EU army. You aren't worth the conversation.

By not having a sufficient European military, the block cant defends its borders without outside stability.

Wow you can use greentext.

I bet you were sucking your thumb on 9/11.

The whole of europe would easily win a war against russia unless they waste all their nukes on us. Wich they will not as they need quite a few in reserve if the US should get involved.

Russias economy is about the same size as italys anyway.