Where did it all go so wrong?

Where did it all go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eK3B-uMW_bw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Swedish_union
documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/285611468107064618/pdf/WPS6639.pdf
ggdc.net/maddison/maddison-project/data/mpd_2013-01.xlsx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Inequality between Polish and Lithuanian noblemen led to instability inside the union
>Liberum veto
>Leaders from outside of the Union after Žygimantas Augustas death, who didn't have any children
>Growing Russian influence
>Wars with Russia, Sweden, Cossacks

Something like that. At least that's what is taught in schools.

Subhuman and treacherous "neighbours" + idiotic policy ("democracy" in times of kingdoms and empires) + imbecile rulers + being cucked by Vatican, which resulted in:
- 123 years of non-existence
- 50 years of communism
- countless wars and uprisings
- total destruction and theft of Polish culture, genocides of our elites, intelligentsia etc
And somehow we are still here.

Poland and the PLC were great reservoirs of culture and development throughout the entire 15th and 16th centuries. It was rich and (relatively) stable, and was probably one of if not the nicest place to live during those centuries in the middle of the last millennium.

Swedeshitters ruined it though, they looted and burnt almost every palace, library, archive and gallery in the PLC, they massacred, in some places, up to 3/4 of the population, and are the reason Poland in the last few centuries has gone from France-Tier to what it is now.

copypasted from some guy.

Wilno nasze

>imbecile rulers
Should've invited Finnic superhumans over to rule like your Slavic brothers to the East did.

>brothers
>east
That's wrong though. Lech and Czech were the only brothers.

Rus was added much, much later. They were always mongols to us.

JUST

Also, it wouldn't work because the ruler meant shit in Poland.

And Jagiellonians were of N1c anyway.

They did do that tho.
Didn't end well.

>not posting the bigger scum

Sigiscuck was not Finnic

>All Polish suffering is derived from Germans, Swedes and Russians

youtube.com/watch?v=eK3B-uMW_bw

fucking fatass babbyface faggot

It was a country which main source of income was unprocessed grain export to Western Europe. All it took was a couple of decades of particulary cold summers and harsh winters (the so called "little ice age") before the country started crumbling apart. It was basically the Venezuela of early Modern era.

Gediminds never ruled over Poland tho

WHOAAA, really made me think.
his son was even worse

Now i get what the poleboos were about... They were history geeks who fucked for to /his/ after it was created.
murrican heritage fags still remain tho.

I'd say there are more germanboos and pierres on /his/ than poleboos.

I see retarded posts in every thread.

Long borders with strong neighbors in all directions.

Germanboos are the worst.

True

>strong neighbors
Pretty much bullshit.

The only threat was Russia under Peter. Prussia was like a fart that can easily disappear once you open the window. Austria? Well, it's Austria. You can't expect more of them.

What really fucked it up was Saxon-Prussian "unaware" cooperation.

How dumb can you be?

and only plains in the east

Poleboos are nearly all nostalgic diasporafags or heritagefags. The country's history and culture weren't nearly impactful enough to attract -boos outside of the two aformentioned circles.

Your mum is mydickboo.

>The country's history and culture weren't nearly impactful enough to attract -boos outside of the two aformentioned circles.
That's because we missed the dank "nationalistic" window of XIX century.

Aww look, babbys first insight into Polish history that isnt limited to a middle school history textbook. On a scale of 0 to 10, how triggered are you?

>muh 2 read books
>muh studencik
kek

how low can one fall?

>Aww look, babbys first insight into Polish history that isnt limited to a middle school history textbook. On a scale of 0 to 10, how triggered are you?
I'd love to see your textbook where you claim Poles were enslaved by vikings and you're actually one of them lmao.

autist get the fuck out and don't sperg no more.

Are you retarded?

Poland is too flat to be able to hold its clay when it's surrounded by Russia, Germany and Austria-Hungary. And then based Gustav fucked them hard.

No, it's because it has been a backwards rural backwater of Europe ever since it's inception. And while you cannot change history, the fact that we struggle to become relevant today is entirely our own fault.

>it's because it has been a backwards rural backwater of Europe ever since it's inception
It wasn't more backwater than any other country in 1500-1700.

The problem was that it stayed backwater instead of actually putting an effort in things like: education, army and go with The Enlightenment.

It became patethic at the end of its existence. Small Prussia had bigger army and more Schools than huge land-wise Poland.
> the fact that we struggle to become relevant today is entirely our own fault.
It's also the fault of "our" ancestors and interwar period.

Please. Go to school. It's been 26 days since it stated.

Lmao I almost never post here, so calm down you fucking wannabe detective. Go jerk to your "Polan stronk xD" infographics on Cred Forums if you want to, I literally couldn't give less of a shit.

was it autism?

>Lmao I almost never post here
That's a good thing.

Now fuck off with your bitchy sense of being worse.

"Thats right children, we used to be greatest country in europe and shit. I ain't bullshittin you kurwa!"

"Well what the fuck happenened, mamunia? Why we be living in poverty and tatuś is out plumbing all day?"

"cuz dem muthafuckin Germans came and opressed us and took away our glorious union. Now get your slavic asses to bed!"

The Eternal Swede.

It went downhill after Poles elected a Swede as their king.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Swedish_union

It's funny how you can take any culture and some "we wuz kangz" memes can summarize it well enough.

Except maybe ancient Sumeria. They thought they were a slave race to the annunaki

that buttblasted Serb again lol

I've seen your butthurt on /his/ as well. did some polack fuck your mother or something?

>It wasn't more backwater than any other country in 1500-1700.
Then how do you explain the fact that, at the highest point of it's entire history (mid XVI century) Polish economy only amounted to about 70% of Western European GDP per capita, and thats considering only the most generous estimates?

documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/285611468107064618/pdf/WPS6639.pdf

>Maddison (2010), the leading source of long-term data on GDP, estimates that in the year
1500 Poland’s level of income per capita, based on the average for Eastern Europe, amounted to 62 percent of the level of income in the twelve leading Western European economies. In turn, Wojtowicz and Wojtowicz (2009) assert that Poland’s GDP per capita in 1578 amounted to about 71 percent of today’s EU-15. Finally, Allen (2001) estimates that in the 16th century the average income of building craftsmen in four leading Polish cities—Krakow, Gdansk, Lwow and Warsaw—ranged from 50 to 75 percent of the comparable salary in London.

>education
Education stayed in the shitter because instead of turning to protestantism, where basic literacy was heavily encouraged, we decided to keep sucking that foreign pontif's cock instead.

>army
To fund a competent army you need to have money - late PLC had none.

>someone makes a joke

>Polak instantly rushes to play damage control and talk about the guy's mom

Holy shit. Why does a mere joke strike so close to home for you? Is there too much truth in his jest?

This guy is posting this in every possible thread.

I'd like to earn 70% of what Londoners do.

I think most of Europe/UK would.

so it's true that we wuz kangz of 16th century?

Literally the first thread i posted this in.

There are two options here.

1. There is another Croatian spamming this
2.. You're lying.

>failures at life arguing over something that happend 300 years ago in a far away land on a chineese teriayki chicken cooking forum

I love 4chin and Cred Forums, always makes me laugh.

So you're reading every possible thread to scan it to see if people are shit talking Poland? How much of an inferiority complex do you have?

No, I lurk every good thread on Cred Forums and /his/, you projecting fatty.

lithuanians selling votes for russian gibsmedat

>these excuses

Come on. At least be a man about it and just admit that the joke made you butthurt rather than coming up with 1,001 excuses and conspiracy theories about Serbia spreading anti Poland propaganda.

disregard this piece of shit

he has a 24/7 monitoring system checking whether foreigners aren't "wrong" about Poland, then he steps in and starts shitting up the thread with his hot opinions and meme infographics

all for the sake of Defending the Homeland's Honour on the fucking internet instead of finding a job

>It's funny how you can take any culture and some "we wuz kangz" memes can summarize it well enough.
No it's not. The funny thing about we wuz kangz is that African Americans descend from Niger-Congo and Bantu peoples who had not used the wheel until the 19th century when it was introduced to them by Europeans. They primitive jungle people *with no knowledge of the wheel*.

look at that buthurt kek

all this because of shitposting

They were*

Isn't that kinda what you're doing?
just sayin...

dont really care desu

>bugurt xddd

know your place you slavic monkey

I know it's you nigger no one is more autistic than you lmao

you're the one collecting random anons' posts to shape your narrative that there's some mastermind shitposter behind all slights against the Glorious Christ of Nations

step out of your echochamber and confront the reality - you're the autist, seek help

It was 50-70% of a salary of a comparable profession, not overall. In other words a XVI century Polish blacksmith was on average 30-50% poorer than a London blacksmith.

Fun fact: according to the latest data Poland recently passed 62% of Western EU average GDP and 72% of entire EUs average, so we're already close to surpassing our "Golden Era". I wonder when the WW3 inevitably breaks out and sends our country into the shitter again what will our times be refered to as. The platinum era? The meme era?

More like we wuz medival superpowa en shieeet

Dank post m8, really hit the mark.

głupia kurwo, wiem że to ty xD

>ty

znów popełniasz ten sam autystyczny błąd i zapewne będziesz popełniał go w kółko - Polska to nie jest cudowne państwo przyszłości i naprawdę jest na Cred Forums co najmniej kilku Polaków którzy na swoje państwo srają, bo czemu niby nie mieliby srać

to nie jest zemsta zamaskowanego autysty, twojego """Marcelka""", tylko smutna rzeczywistość - Tenkraj to gówno

toż wiem, że polska to gówno i nic z tego nie będzie.

co nie zmienia faktu, że jesteś jebanym autystą spamiącym tym samym gównem cały czas.

popieram

user autysta spamuje to gówno cały czas i jest w chuj nudny

ja bym go do gazu wysłał, ale co ja mogę

no chory człowiek nie poradzę

Here they go with their fucking Slavic rune language. Who's winning the slapfight?

neither

the jews

jews/germans

Wow. That's nice research.

Do you have links to the same research about russia?

Guess you can say you guys are POLEr opposites.

2bh it would have worked if you got rid of the liberum veto and gave the king more power during military situations so the sejm didn't ass fuck him every single time

eternal anglo

meant for

literally this
Commonwealth was nothing special, and its really funny to see how Poles act as if it was some sort of golden age

This research was done by some Polish World Bank economist. I have no idea whether it's a part of some bigger series or not. You can try looking through WBs achives, maybe you'll be able to find something.

If you're just interested in historic GDP per capita, you can always look for that Maddison guy book cited by the author. If the book had data for Poland then it's 99% likely it also covered Russia.

Found the cited work in the sources section:

Maddison, Angus. 2010. Historical Statistics of the World Economy: 1-2008 AD. From: www.ggdc.net/maddison

Found it:

ggdc.net/maddison/maddison-project/data/mpd_2013-01.xlsx

Holy shit it's huge

>Times PLC conquered Moscow: 1
>Times ANY german state conquered Moscow: 0
>Times PLC saved Europe: 1
>Times ANY German state saved Europe: 0

>Times PLC saved Europe: 1
You mean when you beat the Ottomans, together with HRE?

Too bad HRE soldiers were affraid to do anything.

>1683
>HRE

Russia, Germany, Austria, Turkey, Cossacs, Sweden, France weren't very good at disinfestation

muh HRE

>save Europe from kebab
>Europe is full of kebab 300 years later
We had one job.

is that what you get taught at school?
That mighty Poland saved Europe all alone?

scumbag Prussia, Russia, and Austria chimped out over reforms and invaded like scumbags the are

Century or so of personal unions were a mistake, either proper union should've happened sooner or none at all.

You know what happened to Atlantis? They didn't have Poland to protect them.

you're taught that Nazis came from the planet Arya and subdued the innocent German nation in 1933 to murder all Jews in the universe

We get tought that Vienna nearly fell but got info that halp is comming.

We also get tought that at Tulln our King took command of all the forces, that German forces were ment to fight the turks at the hills so they'd be trapped and the Polish forces did the main attack that swept the turks and their camp away.

naucz ty się angielskiego janusz

I dont think we get taught in details what happend in said war in detail, only that the Habsburgers managed to beat the Ottomans.
But I am a bit sceptical about trusting blindly the Polish version, since it might contain a certain bias

Typos.

Can''t help it.

fuck off my cellphone is dead because I threw it to the ground and it takes me an hour to write a post

Stop being a clumsy nigger

This is why Poland is poor

I was angry, nothing to do with being clumsy.

Poland 877
Russia 862
Lol

I can't decode your cryptic speech Ivan

I think it's the number of liters of wódka a citizen can drink during a week before dying.

Nope. That means Russia is 15 years older than Poland.

It's not Russia though.

It's Ruś which is a mix of Ukraine and Belarus.

I like how you conveniently forgot about Novgorod and Ladoga. You know, one of the first Russian cities.

Kiev was just more suitable for the capital. That's why they moved the capital there from Novgorod.

but novgorod and muscovics arent really the same.
Infact, the former were genocided by the latter

No it was scandis with russian slaves that later on got Kiev and decided it's better than the shit they got.

If we counted where we came from I could post ancient Persia :^)

like something wrong. its normal medieval practice.

1. We, slavs, all came from the same place.
2. Russians weren't slaves, obviously, since they were presented in military. Not even mentioning that scandis were asked to come.

During the whole subjugation of Novgorod by Ivan the Terrible not more than 3-12 thousands people died. Pretty decent for Europe during 15 century.

The city just lost its place as trade hub and never really restored, because I didn't have other resources.

Most of its residents moved to other cities.

>We, slavs, all came from the same place.
Persia!

>2. Russians weren't slaves, obviously, since they were presented in military. Not even mentioning that scandis were asked to come.
don't fact, if you remember the massacre of
varangians in Kiev by Vladimir Krasno Solnyshko.

>we wuz sarmatians and shiet
It's so funny when poles bring up the meme that was made by the szlachta to distance themselves from their polish serfs :^)

Not really.

We might as well be a mix of everything since Mieszko united a lot of tribes like Poland, Vandals etc. under 1 ruler.

One way or another it dosn't change the fact that Ruś has barely anything to do with Russia.

Liberum veto

That's literally it

*Polans

>Poland exists since ~550 AD
>Russia exists since 16th century

Rus is not Russia, friend

>1. We, slavs, all came from the same place.
Nope.

Language - maybe, but not people.

The modern country of Poland was founded after WW1

>same name
>same Slavic/Finno-Ugric population
>same monarch dynasty (until 1610)
>its language is ancestral to modern Russian
>half its territory belongs to Russia now
Seems enough to me.
I don't understand why it matters so much to you though. All these states were absolutely irrelevant until the modern era anyway.

>100 years rule

Mmm, ok.

another source, bitte
And? modern Russia was founded in 1991

We're older than Kievan Rus anyway

>Lescus Niger
MY

>polaki
>biale