Philippine President to officially seek alliances with China and Russia

yahoo.com/news/philippines-duterte-wants-open-alliances-russia-china-113934290.html

>Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said on Monday he would visit Russia and China this year to chart an independent foreign policy and "open alliances" with two powers with historic rivalries with the United States.

>Duterte said the Philippines was at the "point of no return" in relations with former colonial ruler the United States, so he wanted to strengthen ties with others, and picked two global powers that have been sparring with Washington on the international political stage.

This is why he was holding back his rhetoric against China and Russia.

For everyone who thought he would be a vital lynchpin to help contain Chinese expansion, welcome to the real world.

The balance of power in Asia is about to go full swing in Beijing's favor.

based dutdut

interesting

I can understand Russia, but China? What a cuck.

Is it odd to think Duterte is based if I'm American?

Shheeit, Americans got no chance against Philippines' maritime might

He really wants them chink trains.

they just gave us 5 bases back, in fact there's an okay chance I may have to dock/be stationed in one

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!

It's not just the US that he huffs and puffs about, but he holds a serious grudge, and I don't know why. As far as I'm aware the US has always had a pretty strong relationship with the Philippines, and always took their side when it came to issues versus China. Why burn all the bridges now?

3rd world countries that get to behave as anti 1st world tend to be drawn into communism, and when they goes into it, the country comes to be a literal hellhole where authorities milk its citizens for all its worth, like venezuela.

its pathetic they never notice it and are hyped up by the literally "based" meme tier president despite there being plenty of precedents.

China already owns pretty much everything in the Philippines.

I wonder how the average flip feels about bending over to china.

[Citation needed]

Americans and Europeans like to dictate human rights. My guess is there's been a lot of back channel communications between Beijing and Manila, with China promising to stay out of another country's domestic affairs like they always do, basically the policy that helped them succeed in Africa.

Duterte clearly sees a more beneficial future in playing ball with China instead of continuing to be America's geopolitical pawn.

Also he remembers history, and Americans slaughtered a fuck ton of Filipinos when they annexed the country from Spain.

If anything the Philippines were being total cucks for never demanding an apology or compensation.

Don't we have bases there? CIA coup when? They used to have a lot in the 20th century.

Neither China nor Russia is communist though.

Are flips really so petty that they'll sacrifice their EEZ just to stick it to the US?

>Japanese
>knowledge of foreign countries

I remember a former CIA man having a talk in Canberrra about the future of Asia. He said we shouldn't be surprised when South Korea, Philippines, and a few others turn their backs to the West and start to further embrace Chinese hegemony, mostly due to the benefit to the rulers and aristocrats of these countries.
The best part was somebody asked him about le ASEAN alliance and he just laughed.

This is the equivalent to Poland sticking it to the EU by siding with Russia.

What
in the absolute
fuck.

The Chinese are giving the islands back.

>implying that isn't what is happening already

What do you mean?

in other words a practice stemmed from the communism era.
denying human rights is an ass thing to do. it means the approval of censoring every shit on media and on the internet the govt hate.

What exactly is his goal here

To remain unchallenged

I would assume getting a fat fucking check from the Chinese government.

>ASEAN alliance

ASEAN as an entity is barely an economic union. Its members' governments are too different with too many competing interests.

Cambodia is a Chinese proxy in everything but name, Myanmar is still emerging from isolation and and Malaysia and Indonesia are doing their own thing and trying to stay out of any tensions with China.

Which leaves Vietnam and the Philippines as the only countries with any direct beef with Beijing. Now with Manila caving, Hanoi won't be far behind in wanting to work out a China-friendly deal.

I'm genuinely fucking triggered by this. Is he honestly going to fucking sacrifice Filipino sovereignty, and accept Chinese hegemony just to get a fucking infrastructure payment from the Chinks?

>sacrifice Filipino sovereignty
What sovereignty? They're just running to a new master.

We may base there, but China will go for literal gunboat diplomacy with them if they step out of line.

What do you think the future holds for:
>North Korea
>Tibet
>Taiwan

Do you think China has any interest in Central Asia or will they leave that to itself?

Yep, Duturd is a retarded populist and has made it his goal since taking office to antagonise all his (former) Western allies. He still has huge majority support in the country, so this is what the Flips want I guess.

To remain King

Dont you see
who shit philopine is?

Im amazed, why are germanics so stupid?

He is helping his country to get out of poverty, how is he bad for that?

Is he bad because he doesnt want his country to be US puppet anymore?

US only export degeneracy, those fuckers have to burn in hell

He has to go. I'm dead serious, if he isn't removed things will be worse for everyone involved.

its smart for philipenis to get nearer china

usa probably told him to be a dog or they'd coup him, fucking up the country worse. its what inevitably happens when you deal with amerishits long enough, dut is probably sick of their fat bullshit

pls not make another assad-war, youll pressue japan to take the flipugees then wont you?

Dubs and we will launch a military coup d'etat to depose him in the next three years.

>Philippines are drifting to Chinese side
>We are pro-Russian since the coup
>Naxalites are gaining power every day
>East African countries are de facto Chinese colonies
>Arabs are Arabs
>Iran :DDDDdddd
>Latin America is soon to follow

>Europe has fallen to degeneracy and stagnation
>US elections are anti intervention nationalist vs. corrupt reptilian with shit health

Are we witnessing the fall of mighty w*stern civilization?

Cred Forums was right, wasnt it?

>based Duarte

lmao

yeha its based in a way

And thailand?
I can't really see them bending to any regional powers - until the kind croaks at the very least.

>its smart for philipenis to get nearer china
why? China is going to be a terrible superpower, they'd be twice as aggressive and unaccountable as the yanks.

>>Latin America is soon to follow
this is not the 90s or the early 00s.
all the left wing governments in LA are imploding, and the recent governments in Argentina, Chile and Brazil are now all pro-US

lel. enjoy poverty and dictatorship my dear. US alone can beat the shit out of all of those listed ""countries"" by either it's military or economy or culture.

god always favors USA. don't ever forget that.

this.

Indeed Cambodia and Laos are pretty much Chinese proxys and recently Myanmar has joined the trio ever since Sunn Kyi came to power. Myanmar remains of huge economic and strategic importance for China. If you've been to Mandalay (Industrial hub of Myanmar), you know the Chinese presence is overwhelming there.

Thailand recently has started crackdown on Chinese asylum seekers and dissidents, deporting them back to China which is pretty much a stamp of approval.

Amerikikes BTFO

They were all puppets, m8, they still are

That roach is wrong many things

Also why iran isnt doing like duterte?

I sometimes think iran govt is US puppet

>North Korea
>Tibet
>Taiwan

They're not going anywhere, at least not anytime soon. Central Asia is easier to control through soft power and joint custody with Russia.

>Thailand

We're currently keeping America out of our affairs just by the fact that they know we could and will gravitate to China at the drop off a hat.

Our relations with China are comfy but not so much that we'll thumb our nose to the West like what the Philippines is doing. We keep our human rights violations to a minimal, we welcome foreign tourists and investment and we cooperate with the EU and UN.

America almost reprimanded us over our latest, bloodless coup but then a nation like the Philippines comes along to remind them how much more of a headache their "allies" can be compared to us.

In sum, we're in the sweet spot between powers, as we always are.

This is why people don't like the US.

> they'd be twice as aggressive and unaccountable as the yanks.
they could become china's canada. canada became a cuck nation to usa, and usa never harmed them. on the other hand look at cuba, usa tried to fuck them up as much as they could just because they thought it was divinde mandate that near countries should bow to them. cuba told them to fuck off at a great price and the world almost ends. yea its smart for phillipines to have good relations with the inevitable superpower that will be chinks

they can start bulllying now, maybe theyll catch up to ameriniggers in 100 years

Duterte's statements are unstable.
He might seek alliance with USA in a week.

Good boy Thailand

China Wirr Glow Rarger :DDDD

How's the Nana district these days?

>Also why iran isnt doing like duterte?
they have been, Iran had lots of undercover business dealings with China, and held meetings with the North Koreans.
Except that they weren't allowed to since they were under INTERNATIONAL sanctions, but we all know that doesn't stop the Chinese.
So I don't think Iran is a US puppet, it's just somewhat of a Chinese puppet and it's trying to dominate the Middle East in Yemen and Syria.

Muh islands

I think I better start learning Chinese

They literally have not though.

China hasn't killed a single Flip militarily.

Not saying it is a good idea

t. CIA

Argentina just approved a massive Chinese communications base.

Brazil sold its energy infastructure to China.

China gains nothing from idiotic allies with horrible economies.

>Brazil are now all pro-US

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

>Do you think China has any interest in Central Asia or will they leave that to itself?

Kyrgyzstan recently had a terrorist bomb targeting the Chinese embassy isnt it? I guess their citizens are mad about too much Chinese influences.

China is pouring lots of money in Tajikistan, building infrastructure and security for one the new silk road and the other mainly helping both curbing Xinjiang separatist and migrants from spilling over and cutting off their route to Afghanistan (and aslo drugs)

Uzbekistan's leader passed away recently and their prime minister is heard to be Pro-China. Kazakhstan is pretty much self-explanatory. Currently the 3 flags from this region you see during Chinese national day is Kazahkstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan and of course Russia

>Tibet
China's main source of water.
>Best Korea
China is the intermediary host for them and everyone else

Just squint harder and enunciate your ching chong ying yuan fwua shiu liu baos

lol at these 3rd world shitters and chinks insisting on some pointless shit

no wonder they and 3rd world countries easily go for chinks driven by a cheap anti american sentiment. these are literally china newbies who dont even know anything about china and ccp and how to deal with at all.

though if trump gets in and forces east asian countries to accept his delusional crap, all of them, japan and sk and taiwan could get their ways as well

Thanks to our last govt. Now the new one are trying to make business with both sides while not trying to turn their butts to much to one side.

>He has to go
Operation Flip-the-Flip is a go.
t. CIA coup-pro

the american influence over east asian is getting weaker and weaker.
its time for japan and SK to change our master T.T

I can see Malaysia giving China handies under the table.

I mean with crime and poverty in iran

They dont do anything to help the country

And how international sanctions stop them from meeting with other countries?

t. Increasingly nervous man

T. American puppet

probably still upset about the America-Philippine war in which we slaughtered thousands of his shitskin ancestors and he has a tiny dick.

Also, something like 30% of the Flip economy relies on China.

Fuck you, pig

Don't you worry. You'll be our colonies for a long time coming.

You'll waste untold billions keeping the decrepit ship of Japan afloat >:D

Don't mistake aligning interests and rabid leaders for lasting partnerships

japs will have chink masters, the very people you considered inferior and colonized not 70 years ago. kek

but i've heard even the poorest asian flips dislike made in china and chinese shit flips are literally black american culture fans

>China is going to be a terrible superpower, they'd be twice as aggressive and unaccountable as the yanks.

Do you Aussie even read history?

>China
>Aggressive
Pick one.

Chinese civilization is not an expansionist one unlike European and Islamic civilization. The chick will mostly keep to themselves and the world would be freer as the USA will no longer be there to tell everyone what to do.

Big guy pls no, I don't want the second coming of boat people after the Vietnam war 2million refugees.
If by handies you mean a 2x2km fishing terminal to house an armada of chink tuna ships at the entrance to Malacca strait then its already been approved.
Indian ocean tuna sushi soon my fellow commonwealth member.

Literal chicanos of Asia. Funny how they desperately try to say their stand of sixty greasy Mexican-Chink hybrids against 300 Americans is related whatsoever to the Stand of the Swiss Guard. I guess the Philippine's greatest accomplishment in history was losing all combatants in a battle.
The slummiest ghettoest country in East Asia, I think they'd be doing us a favor if they stayed the fuck away from us and instead gave China and Russia some greasy Pinoy AIDs and corruption. Although China's already used to those levels, they're just not as fucking hideous as a race of people, and have a history.

No talkie gookie mister kim

Reading this made me cringe

Get a hold of your butthurt.

Eating tuna every day caused my hair to fall out

t. arron huang

They are already involved in a bunch of countries and anybody they don't take control over, Russia will. That's how it works.
The king is dead, long live the king.

Chinese, Korean, and Japanese sex tourists have been a common sight in the Philippines for years mate.

So, instead of US military and old creepy European obese geriatrics coming to the Phils to fuck 18 year old Filipinas and impregnate them,

now we're going to see hordes of even more disgusting, old, spitting and farting chink males coming to the Philippines in droves for sex tourism.

Choose your poison, Flips. :^)

>facts are Chinese

Also, only 2.5% of Canadians are Chinese. You are probably talking to a fat white kid in a basement.

how. like i said, if trump shits on japan, japan wont follow the us as much as they used to do. as far as ive seen american sites, not only on Cred Forums but many, the sharters, especially those stupid trump supporters, dont understand it at all, even dont know what that is.

you guys are hilarious anyway because judge everything only by a shit moral compass.

?

Jap, gook, Chink, Malay, SingChink, and Europeans have been raping Flip women since 1650.

classic amerifat in anal pain

t. kevin wong

>as the USA will no longer be there to tell everyone what to do.
Ever heard of the term Pax Americana you stupid leaf? If you think the world is not peaceful in this day and age just wait until America stops policing the world and every tinhorn dictatorship with a military starts staking their claim to their respective regions. It would lead to WW3 you edgelord.

>Japan
>calling anyone else a "shit moral compass"

.4% of Americans are Chinese.....

Also, my name is Alec.

Is your's Kim jae-Sung?

Is this the start of the Second Cold War?

Care to explain how America is stopping this?

Half the Middle East is one fire because of our interventions.

We didn't do a thing about Ukraine and Syria, and yet Russia is bankrupt and Iran is bled white.

t. Don Cheng

Not a serious, but it will be a big rivalry which will drive massive investment from the State and bring about a new golden age.

Sure, you're not doing a great job at the moment, but still better than any other potential superpower.

Chinese situation is similar to the time of previous Opium war.

but US is shitting on you since 1945
the average jap is too busy with other things that dont see it

In other words
What you guys have done for the last several hundred years?

>Russia is bankrupt and Iran is bled white
good, both are pariah states
Putin is a self-serving kleptocrat and Iran is struggling internally on whether they should clamp down on the Revolutionary Guards (who have their fingers in everything that goes on in their economy) so they can get some money coming in from banks. The lifting of oil experts was just a taste of what it's like to be free.
Obama is doing the right thing with Russia and Iran, but I don't understand his intention with Syria. He should've just funded the Kurds and only them long long ago

>If you think the world is not peaceful in this day and age just wait until America stops policing the world
what?
the world isnt deep shit right now is because of nukes, US dont do shit
>Half the Middle East is one fire because of our interventions.
thanks to your puppets and dont forget you have interest

shiet can he also ban sea monkeys from us west servers on Dota

a nation cant progress with a puppet in power, the puppet must work to keep the nation in shit, protecting the interest of ruler

He's gonna put em to work in the rice fields.

Care to explain why a more multipolar world is harmful?

It isn't 1900 anymore.

1814-1914 was a relatively peaceful century with no superpower.

Good. Asia should settle its differences and push the US out of the pacific together. Tired of my taxes going to shit that is totally irrelevant for average Americans.

>American education
>American hegemony

It's Lionel and I'm french.
And my parents live in MY basement.

War are costly you moron, so does corruption. I older time war is what destroy dysfunctional corrupt nations. With the return of war, dictators will be forced to get their shit together or they will be destroyed by their neighboring country.

Explain

>Asia should settle its differences
Let's not get crazy here.

America serves a role.

We guarantee Japan and Korea and Australia's safety.

But fuck Vietnam/Flips/Cambodians. They are fair weather friends. Not allies.

>If anything the Philippines were being total cucks for never demanding an apology or compensation.

we already did years ago, even beyond that we still welcome aid and money

Well say goodbye to it.

Bad pawns don't get bribe money.

>We guarantee Japan and Korea and Australia's safety.
but SK and japan can defend themselves

who the fuck do you think you are?
some hero?
jap declared war and gave you a hard fight, im pretty they can defend from any nation

why you are so naive and stupid to believe the US is protecting nations?

they dont need your money, pig

they just need to be far away from you and your influence

Alright maybe we'll keep a carrier in Darwin or something. I like Australians.
Japs and fucking Koreans need to get the fuck over themselves. Them and Taiwan should just form another SEATO and cooperate and Japan should build back its military. America has shit infrastructure and many people have shitty health coverage or no coverage and I'm left wondering why we have to run fucking bombers around in the SCS

What caused the sudden shift. Is he trying to extort the US for money?

its because hes butthurtyou slaughtered his fellow moslems have you seen him throw a fit while presenting shit about that oh i was laffin real hard

He's doubling down on his insulting of Obama.

>Japs and fucking Koreans need to get the fuck over themselves
but you dont want that

you want that they depend on you

The problem is that Japan/Korea/Flips/Thais are cuckolds and can't/aren't willing to defend themselves together.

how will the cia overthrow him

t. shill

We don't usually do that anymore to our colonies.

Instead we do psyops with the NSA to find scandal material and fund political rivals.

I know our economic and political elite do. I and most average Americans imo want us to fuck off and deal with domestic issues that get neglected for decades.
In time they'll get over it especially as China starts to knock more and more at their door. At least, I hope so.

thats the problem. he hasnt said anything about his fucking policies he remains indecisive im tired of his shit show
he just wanna Make Mindanao Great Again
might as well be balkanized tbqhwy senpai

No, we do need money seriously
for our military

firstly, i dont like the us so much but understand theres a mutual interest there. at least japanese dont lean on a dualistic thinking like good or evil, black or white.

unless you are a hardcore lefty, no one has such an emotional mindset against it. same goes for sk and taiwan. they are less stronger as a country than japan and have a much more stronger anti america sentiment or skepticism but have always managed a relationship between china and the us.

Wait he's Muslim?

you can get it from your economy

>First Island Chain: BROKEN

yes
>muh moslem ancestry
>waah wah the americans are killing teh moslems xDDDDDDD

The power of the heavenly empire is like a beacon of light, that draws all to it.

The USA is a dying hypocritical republic and when the choice is between the new and the rising and the old and the dying, it is natural to choose the new. Old and boring ideas like democracy and human rights are going to the grave.

The Philippines has been a failed state for decades because it followed the american model, it is now choosing a new model.

Where does the European Union fit in all of this?

No. This flip is just butthurt and scared

It's just him being anti-America

He'll be removed in office one way or another

It doesn't.

Oh wow are those moros still butthurt

who cares, worthless people and a worthless country

South Korean rulers and elite are friends of China already
You've lost SK

>Where does the European Union fit in all of this?
you are crying human rights

why dont nations dont call you on your bullshit?
duterte did it already
>The Philippines has been a failed state for decades because it followed the american mode
puppet govt

US gave them orders and those are keep the country in shit and keep people uneducated so we pigs can say that you are brown and inferior

you think im kidding? few taps on your keyboard will show you all about that go look it up guys basically a moslemboo
yea ongoing catholic genocide by the look of whats happening in luzon thos EJKS dont happen in MIndanao really makes you think huh

>implying he isn't going to MAKE THE PHILLIPINES GREAT AGAIN and it will be beautiful/good/cool/happy

Duterte is popular. LD's aren't touching him till he does something unconstitutional.

And in your failed state democracy, that's nothing.

lmao

everyone bitches about how bad Bush was but he never oversaw the deterioration of US ties with key regional allies like Turkey or the Philippines like Obama has

Thank god. I know they are in AIIB too. Hopefully Japs come around to it too.

why do we do that?
how does it benefit us?

His official profile and wikipedia state "Roman Catholic" and "Bane of Druglords".

it seems your people cant get that they arent your colonies anymore

EU call out other nations to perpetrate their holier than thou status even though they have done and continue to do the same shit Duterte is doing

>the deterioration of US ties with key regional allies like Turkey or the Philippines like Obama has
>Muh allies!
The US government needs to be extrapolated from any region that isn't close to home so its forced to deal with domestic issues.

You dumb fucking third world monkey Thais are also trying to piss off tourists and isolate yourselves. You'll soon be annexed by China too.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you monkeys. Tourism makes up the bulk of your economy. You will never, ever become 1st world because you are fucking subhuman shitskin monkeys. Don't piss us off, unless you want chinks running your country. And we know you don't want that, we've seen your viral videos of Thais complaining about rude and crass chink tourists. Imagine how much worse it'll be if those fuckers take over Thailand :^).

you guys think Duterte browse Cred Forums?

>let me tell you about our own country

Selling this country to the enemy and alienating our allies is unconstitutional

I dont believe this to be true.
Germany, for example, never had any colonies in south-east asia

>even though they have done and continue to do the same shit Duterte is doing
I am pretty sure we are not doing this kind of stuff

I have to admit.

I have come to respect Obama sticking to his word and pulling America back from some of the worst places in the world. I think it helped us heal.

Nonetheless, his foreign policy has still been dogshit. Just not Bush-tier

They have it the other way around. Russia and China are the ones who wants to ally with the Flips because they want the MOST POWERFUL RACE to be their allies.

you guys killed the Jews and Roma people and do the same thing to the brown refugees by ignoring their pleas for help and shooing them out of Europa

The loss of tourism will give them a chance to re-evaluate their economy, their national philosophy, their universal character
Tourism (pleasure) based economies are always corrupt and terrible.

>Cred Forums: Roleplaying as nations

One colony in Asia and few in the Pacific and new guinea dint know if you want to include those in south east Asia bit you've had colonies in that general area before

Have fun being annexed by China and turned into one big factory

Can we get the Philippines back now?

SON

>let me tell you facts

You guys elected Duterte by fucking 17%.

Nothing he has done so far is unconstitutional. Furthermore, your judiciary isn't independent enough to make an issue out of anything short of treason.

I think he tries to be as interventionist as he can get away with while still keeping his image. Hillary will be a nightmare though. She wanted blood in every conflict and was way more hawkish that obama that he had to keep her shut up like with the Iran deal. Not that I think Trump would be much better but hopefully the American people will not fucking tolerate another war when the inevitable chest beating starts.

>tripfag

>>>/cum/

God has nothing to do with it you ugly hairy t*rk

Muhammad was a slut. Allah doesn't exist

Papua doesn't count?
The Monsoon Gruppe also occupied British naval base in Penang during WW2 to bring resource to Yurop.

that was a long time ago
And it seems to me you are just trying to divert the attention from your own deeds.
Deep down, you must be aware that not letting millions of immigrants in your country is not the same thing as killing alleged drug dealers without any trial.

Bad guys win again

Hillary is the reason Obama didn't follow through with his beliefs. She is the shill that made him invade Libya and fund "moderates" in Syria.

Obama 2008-2012 was fundamentally leftist and skeptical of American power and foreign policy. That's what we needed.

Clinton is going to go to war with China.

based eu delusion this is the hypocrisy that duterte has been talking about
>And it seems to me you are just trying to divert the attention from your own deeds.
yeah both parties are doing this

Is it so hard for you to believe that we are generally interested in your human rights and the wellbeeing of Philippines people?

They got their compensation when we spent our blood liberating them from Japan and immediately turning control of the country over to them.

its not enough
it seems to be going down too

>We guarantee Japan and Korea and Australia's safety.

From what? You cant defend us against Chinas inevitable hegemony anyway. China doesn't do wars like the one you're supposedly protecting us against

Maybe you should focus on your own country

>Clinton is going to go to war with China.
I think thats a bit far fetched but I'm sure she'll try and push forward the "pivot" to Asia. More carriers and arm will be sent to SCS and regional countries with American taxes meanwhile we suffer at home and have a government that continues to neglect and its own citizens. I for sure preferred Obama on foreign policy though.

thank you based Duterte.

The Constitution limits the offenses to the following: culpable violation of the Constitution, treason, bribery, graft and corruption, other high crimes, or betrayal of public trust.

He doesn't have any concrete goals or policies beyond killing drug traffickers. He's got a big mouth and he likes to talk a lot of shit without thinking. The Flips basically elected a village strongman to run the country.

>

You should play both sides desu. China rising may be good for your country geopolitically.

Quin which was feared as "sleeping lion" producted many imitated opium and tried to control market.
Their action damaged westerners.
Now that PRC which is feard as militaly power uses dumping industry to dominate market.

About Syria there is one word explanation
Turks

what a stupid idea. what's the point of his action? like South Korea and China wanting to draw benefit from Japan.

gotta go fast

amazing!

Not him but why?

Also they're slowing down economically now, their boom is over and it's now a matter of if they can successfully transition from essentially a giant assembly plant into an advanced highly diversified post-industrial economy. Also, there's no telling whether the Communist Party will be able to hold onto power forever. They're deeply corrupt and the country's emerging middle class will make itself heard sooner or later.

Man, how do you managed to post this using "墙内网"? I've tried a lot but failed, couldn't pass the verification code. I have to use a VPN to post.

They have hurdles they need to overcome sure but I think they'll pull though and will still grow considerably. Play both sides because you are in the middle and can. Make China and the US compete for shit like arms deals and access to your waters and so on. Its just a good strategy to have if you are in a position to use it.

Por supuesto que no. Dejadnos en paz.

I think their influence here is much more insidious than the US'. They have no concept of free speech and democracy, and their values are in many cases antithetical to our own. I think we need to be much more careful in allowing their investments here.

You are right, I mean, why make wars when there is money to make. After all, for bosses, only "interests" is real.

Where are you from in China?

My main question with all the moves China is making is what is Russia's goal in all this? It's not like Putin to play second fiddle and I'd wager the Russians could take on America or China and have a chance at coming out on top so why are they playing sidekick? For most of the cold war they were fighting for influence among communist countries. Putin isn't stupid, he knows that if China wins against America he would be next simply by virtue of being the next greatest power.

I understand why you would be nervous of them but the US really isn't any better and absolutely no commitment to human rights or free speech at all especially when it comes to foreign policy we just like to present ourselves as though we do.

buy a Cred Forums pass you cheapass.

Man, you surely know little about China. They know about the concept of free speech and democracy, at least most of the people that have experienced higher education do. However, they make a choice, willingly or not, between fighting against the gov and making money. That doesn't mean that people in China don't want free speech and "democracy". That is a matter of tradeoff, balancing the pros and cons.

Cynicism is cheap. Most Australians value our bilateral/military relations with the US far above our necessary economic entanglement with China. Of course our politicians play both sides a little, but at the end of the day we are not friends with China in any sense of the word.
>paying to shitpost

anyway this prick doent have any idea what hes about to do. he just drives people nuts in made up twitter drama tier turmoils and merely shows them something that looks like an ”answer” against it.

also hes a more opportunist than a populist, and pinos rise to the bait all the way. things arent going to be well.

>can afford to shitpost

SH

I'm talking about your government and those involved in or benefiting from the Communist Party (a majority of your population).

Hopefully the educated Middle class can transform China into a larger version of Taiwan, an advanced democracy that values human rights. But I don't see that happening for some time, if at all.
I've visited there before. I didn't see a single bird in my 2 week stay.

I thought Phillipines was one of the most Pro US countries in the world? This doesn't make sense. Yet he still has popular support so obviously the majority of Filipinos would rather be subjugated by the Chinese than the yanks.

we are but we have the most anti-us president and not even his own shills could defend him from sucking up to russia and china.

He's a real cunt тbh. I appreciate that tough times often call for tougher leaders, but this clown is doing more harm than good for your country.

this IS true

How the fuck are flips allowed to do this shit? Don't we basically still run their shithole country?

but the largest foreign tourists in philippines are south koreans

They generally are but the current president is not a very bright fellow, nor is he especially aware of geopolitics. He got into office by promising to wipe out drug traffickers by any means necessary and so far he's delivering, even if it does mean hundreds of bodies mysteriously piling up in the streets. That's enough to keep him popular, but eventually he'll have to take on the full set of responsibilities his office demands, and he's not remotely prepared for it. I don't expect his presidency to end well.

That's true, really. The Party is entangled deeply in the Chinese society and those educated are worried about this situation. However, I seriously doubt it whether Taiwan would be a good example for us, I mean, you can call them democracy, but more advanced? As for human rights, that's too complicated a topic to be discussed on Cred Forums.

And there are plenty of birds in shanghai, but the cats are too much in the city, I'm worrying about the birds now.

Time for a Coup

Kill yourselves

>tfw Operation Flip Flop is greenlit

Pero Rodrigo, siempre sereis el Virreynato de Nueva España

>wake up
>open int
>a whole thread full of choice western asspain
Absolutely delish

>Americans being this triggered
Really?

I guess he's earned the nickname "the Trump of the Pacific" for a reason then.
Honestly you won't need one. If they really go ahead with this and snuggle up to China and Russia, there'll be an inevitable backlash 5-10 years down the track when they start getting their EEZ infringed upon by Chinese "fishermen" and they'll come running back to Uncle Sam.
Taiwan is definitely more advanced in the field of human rights and development than China. Any objective measurement will tell you this.
>And there are plenty of birds in shanghai
Have you travelled outside of Asia before? I honestly did not see one the entire time I was there, I only realised it halfway through. Also the tiny amount of green spaces you have there seemed to be fenced off and only for looking. It was extremely different to my city.

wtf you dirty chink get out of my house

Why isn't Russia allies with the West? Russia plus EU would be an unstoppable force.

ESL teacher go hommu

>why are Jews not allies with Hitler
I wonder

eurocucks can't squat

Who are the jews and who is hitler in that equation? Russia gives as good as it gets.

We do wargames where our task is to defend the Philippines from invasions

We consider them allies and the fact that they're trying to buddy up with the people who want to take their islands seems... dumb

Russia is divided into two schools of thought
Followers of Orthodox Russian ideas/traditions (Moscow)
Followers of Westernization and integration with Europe as a whole (St. Petersburg)

That and Europe is full of jerks who seek to entrench themselves against foes instead of seeking to make them friends

And if they manage to work out a deal with the people that wants to take the islands that is beneficial to both sides and manages to avoid conflict, wouldn't that be so much the better?
Why do they have to depend on the US for protection?

>they're
I think we can safely surmise this is another one of Duterte's running list of diplomatic faux-pas', albeit a much more serious one. I doubt most Filipinos and government officials actually support this policy. It seems a but suicidal when you think about it.

I even put them in the same order. Russia tried to be friends with the West in the 90s, the West wasn't interested.

I dunno why but I always though our relations were actually much warmer just before putin was elected a second time. I never saw the same fearmongering in our media about you guys back then as we do now.

Fair enough. I believe that it was a huge mistake not to have integrated Russia into the Western fold after the collapse of the USSR, one that will be biting America and it's allies on the ass for years to come. I think USA has always worried about Germany and Russia settling their differences and uniting against them because together they would be almost unstoppable, so it's often undermined attempts to form lasting bilateral relations between the NATO members and Russia.

his tactics are basically the same as trump or brexiteers, like, "do you have a trouble about it? hey, this is the "answer" to it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaang".

pinos are just dancing on it. over there the reality of the answers and the consequences doesnt matter, its ok if only it comes off as some big achievement.

its a kind of shitfest, i think. though i cant tell you how long until the party is over. maybe it lasts forever.