8000 RMB

Hey Cred Forums. I applied for a writing job in Guangzhou, China recently and they are offering 8000 rmb per month for a 6 month probationary period, before going up to 12,000. There is no housing allowance or accommodation. I'm not really interested in making decent money because I am desperate to get a years experience or so and move back home to Tundraland.

But my question is, do any of you know if this is a livable wage? Will I be borderline homeless living off instant noodle the whole time? Will I have enough to get a beer with co-workers every now and then or travel to Hong Kong? Any help is appreciated.

it's alright, taxi drivers do about 4k a month

but that was 4 years ago

it's on the low side desu

kek no. that's not enough to survive at all

you're looking at 4000 RMB or more for a decent apartment. then 4000 or more on food every month if you don't want to starve.

that's a shitty fucking salary

If you are a 22 year old yellow fever fag, it's enough

Yeah I thought so too after looking at some classifieds. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try and haggle them some more.

sdfashr

As someone living in Shanghai, 8000 rmb a month is MORE than enough for a dirt cheap city like guangzhou.

I could survive on 8000 rmb a month here in shanghai, literally living in the center of the city and still eating lots of expensive western food.

12000 rmb a month in guangzhou will make you feel like a kang, the average chink earn 6k.

8000rmb a month is a lot for China. You'd be middle class in Guangzhou.

the odds of this post being dubbles is 1/10

the odds of this post being tripples is 1/10

the odds of this post being dubz zero is 1/100

6.7 rmb = $1

8000 rmb = $1200 a month

x12 = $14400 a year

So that's 2.5x the average Chinese.

You'd be middle class in Guangzhou, unless you live in the center of the city (which is stupid).

phoeey, i actually thought i was gonna get dubs

reroll for the dubble zero

The center of a second tier city like guangzhou is cheap.

Well the property boom has made that less so for Mr. Leaf here.

Why you in Shanghai?

You're not the butthurt autist are you? You don't seem like that user.

Guangzhou property prices are not on the same level as Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen. The city is also mostly a shithole, except for a rather empty and small built up business district in the middle.

Im in shanghai to make dat paper. Whos the butthurt autist? What is he butthurt about?

Guangzhou is a cool city. Have fun.

P.S. watch out for the niggers there.

Hey China user. Can you recommend a good website for Guangzhou classifieds? All the places I look have minimum 4000 rmb options.

What do you mean by guangzhou classifieds?
Are you looking for jobs there or something?

guangzhou isn't "dirt cheap city" you dumb fucking ESL teacher.

it's a tier 1 city on par with shanghai.

>it's a tier 1 city on par with shanghai

kek

I lived there for 6 months. Its a fucking turd of a third world looking horrible shithole full of niggers and arabs and unbearable heat and humidity. It's got this tiny built up strip that looks nice but is mostly empty of people. Comparing guangzhou to shanghai is like comparing cleveland to new york.

And compared to shanghai, it is dirt cheap.

I meant ads for apartments

Guangzhou is mostly nice actually.

>who is the autist

Well there used to be an actual Chinese poster from Shanghai who was probably the most autistic person on Cred Forums. He hasn't posted in a year though.

But, you are the reverse twinkie.

>tier 1
>on par with Shanghai
Kekkkkk

For shanghai I used smartshanghai, its very good.

I wouldn't know how to look for apartments in guangzhou, the school you work for will most definitely help you on that. Westerners are rare in guangzhou so its not a very foreigner friendly place.

Whats a reverse twinkie lol

I dont think i met this autist even though ive been on Cred Forums for years.
guangzhou is nice if you've never been to shanghai.

yeah, it may be a shithole but it's still fairly expensive and considered to be on par with shanghai in terms of cost of living and its tier level

if you want to live cheaply, you'll be living far from the city centre, not near a subway station, and eating bowls of disgusting greasy MSG noodles some chink nong made out of a toilet bowl with gutter oil in order to save money and make it month to month

I'm 90% confident you stated

>I am white on the outside but 100% Chinese on the inside

are you the australian guy or the british guy?

you got good memory lol

>不有中国帖子时的这个感觉

More than enough, it's trainee level low but you can survive provide you live in a cheap apartment and eat cheaply.

Wouldn't say the same if you are receiving the same amount of salary in HK, then you are really going to be homeless.

which city u in senpai

It may seem cheap at first glance but the stuff in China is really cheap. I have no idea whether it's enough to travel overseas though.