Trump wants to get rid of NAFTA

>Trump wants to get rid of NAFTA

fuck, this will be seriously bad for canada, it will surely put us in a recession or even economic collapse.

prepare for another wall americans, you will destroy your own and our economy if trump gets elected.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/27/transcanada-keystone-lawsuit-nafta_n_10696608.html
twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/673991276291825665
youtube.com/watch?v=MlP2oBJR_K8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Canada was perfectly fine without NAFTA, it hasn't been of huge benefit to us. I'm perfectly fine with it being dissolved.

>Oh no, we are fucked if NAFTA was dissolved

t. jew

if it was dissolved today we would be losing hundreds of billions of our economy.

it might be fine if we never went NAFTA, but destroying it now is absolute bonkers. it would be honestly worst for us than brexit will be for the brits.

You were fine without nafta.
And by the way, NAFTA lets our companies sue your government for your laws.

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵖᵃᶦᵈ ᶠᵒʳ ᵇʸ ᴴᶦᶫᶫᵃʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᴬᵐᵉʳᶦᶜᵃ, ᵃ ᶜᵃᵐᵖᵃᶦᵍᶰ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵃᶰ ᵒᶰᵉ ᵐᶦᶫᶫᶦᵒᶰ ᵍʳᵃˢˢʳᵒᵒᵗˢ ᵈᵒᶰᵒʳˢ⋅

some of us want our economy to be more than a third-world agriculture export economy like yours.

we have fucktons of manufacturing were i live and honestly end of NAFTA would destroy my city.

Do you really think it will dissolve overnight? It'll be gradual process like brexit and everything else this day in politics. You'll have enough to renegotiate, restructure and make a plan. It'd be up to the Canadian people thouhh and you cucks elected weedman so...

no it doesn't. that's TTIP.

we would be fine if it never happened, but tonnes of companies here are foreign owned and export to the states. we would lose if it was gone.

i don't like either politicians but trump is way too disruptive. i'm fine with the status quo t b h and think it should be improved in a controlled way.

ᶠᵃᵍᵍᵒᵗ

weedman is pro-trade, he's more in line with hilary and international liberals™ who pretend to be for the common person but pushing the agenda of big business.

we would honestly go back to being a resource-exporter third world that sells other people timber and oil and shit rather than turning it into quality products. it would be a disaster for us.

Hello /pol

At least some of you are starting to realize this now, It isn't just North America, with Trump messing with China we are ALL headed towards globla recession if he wins.

NAFTA chapter 11 investiments
huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/27/transcanada-keystone-lawsuit-nafta_n_10696608.html

As Adam Smith said trade is life blood of nations

t. CEO fielding

we barely trade with you, you can leave and it won't matter much to us desu.

okay i didn't know. i never heard about cases of companies ever suing canada ever.

That will be so mucb better for you in the coming depression though. What Trump said tonight in the debate is true regardless of what hillary and obama supporters say. We're living in the biggest econimic bubble in history. The Fed is artifically keeping interest rates low. As soon as Obama leaves office and, they'll finally raise the interest rates and *puff*. Investors will ask for their money back, the Fed will default, the USD will hit record low, Hillary will start "quantitatively easing", inflation will go up, purchasing power will be null, the usd becomes a third world currency, America breaks down.
And as this happens, Germany, Italy and the EU will be affected and then they'll default on top of their own overwhelming debt, the EU will break down, and overall sophisticated economies relying on the stock market will be crippled bringing us to a world recession.
Who will do well? Resource-based economies. Resources are always needed and will be consistent source of income. China will do just fine. They will take a bit of a hit, but they invested into a lot of foreign infrastructure.

>go back to being a resource-exporter third world that sells other people timber and oil and shit rather than turning it into quality products

>go back to

But isn't that what Canada already does? Our biggest manufacturing sector by far is the auto industry and that's going to be (and always has been) closely tied with the USA, NAFTA or no.

>recession
depression*

Same here man, you're missing the point tho

Fine we will annex you instead and pay for a NHL team in Quebec. That seems fair.

>i never heard about cases of companies ever suing canada ever.

Most of the people who wrote NAFTA immediately left office and went back into private practice suing anyone who didn't comply with what they had written.
NAFTA also destroyed Mexico's agricultural industry by allowing our mega-corporations to flood their markets with cheap corn and other goods which is how we ended up with so many former farming people flooding across the border.

>WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE GLOBALISTS!?

Nice try merchant

>TTIP
I think TTIP only allows companies to bring legal action if they are unfairly trifled in a foreign country.

>implying based Trudeau won't challenge President Trump to a yoga-off over NAFTA
>implying he won't win it (and America's hearts in the process)

But weedman has openly criticised Trump on numerous occasions because he's a fucking idiot. No way Trump will let that slide during any trade negotiations.

That ass is in need of a good pounding

I seriously doubt he noticed or cared.

It's not like you'd just stop trading altogether. People saying you will lose every export dollar are like people who attribute every single person who died for any reason in the USSR as a death Caused By Joseph Stalin.

What are the odds that if NAFTA is riped up that the FTA would come back into effect (original US Canada free trade agreement)?

Also, from what I understand we could still keep trade open with Mexico as NAFTA is not "owned" by the US, they can leave it but not destroy it.

just join the EU senpai

If Canada joins the EU, can the Netherlands join the USA?

It seems like a fair trade to me.

>Resource-based economies
No thanks. I don't want to become a third world nation.

you are free to leave the EU at any time and ask USA to become the 51st state.

Time for us to buy up the rest of North America.

ALASKA LAND CONNECTION WHEN

>Who will do well? Resource-based economies

If Everyone is poor or losing money that means they'll spend less or will buy your resources only if the price dropped.

That's why African growth although increasing has taken a slow down because of the economic recession and crisis from like 2008. People are buying resources less and developing off resources is very unstable, especially if it's oil.

Republicans would not accept Netherlands as a state unless they could get some other more conservative country to join at the same time. Otherwise they would never win another election.

isn't the dutch trump assumed to win the next election

>biggest port of europe
>biggest gas field of europe
>biggest investors of the world
>biggest energy traders and oil company of the world
>second agricultural exporter of the world
>people speak english
>have been on the same side in all conflicts since America has existed
I think it would be a strategic decision they can't pass.

Since when the fuck did your flag have a red stripe instead of orange?

No one knows. Some say it was only temporarily orange to show our support to the house of orange. Others say they dyed it red because the color was cheaper, stayed the same color longer and it was easier to identify on the open seas. But no one really knows.

He's a big fan of trump as well.

twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/673991276291825665

Didn't watch the debates yesterday, how were they?

The elections are coming up soon in march, so in the parliament parties have been starting to campaign again. Video last week: the debate after our yearly state of the union.

youtube.com/watch?v=MlP2oBJR_K8

Trump lost

won't affect at vote

trump supporters think trump won
hillary supporters think hillary won

polls about winner are tied or trump is slightly ahead

so basically it remains the same