Why do people ignore Chengdu?

Why do people ignore Chengdu?
>Giant megacity of over 10 million people
>Capital of inland China along with Chongqing
>Massive amounts of new development/investment
>Direct flights all over the world

But it gets very little attention compared to other Chinese cities its size.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because there are quite a bit cities its size desu

why does china ignore Kim Jong Un?

Because we care about the white world. Fuck Chinks.

Asian megacity arr rook same

Not too many in the 10+ million range. Lots and lots in the 4 to 7 million range, but the ranks thin out after that.

this

Most people don't even know WW2 started in 1939 in China.

apologize
compared to its class it is still not very good like tianjin or shenzhen or guanzhou

1937*

>39

We don't even study the WWII in Asia and Pacific at school, just Pearl Harbor and Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

my bad, for some reason I was thinking about 1937 and wrote 1939.

But it confirms my theory if anything.

you don't need to flaunt for ignorance

Same. We even have a bit about french resistance but nothign about pacific.

*nothing

Lots of my esperanto speaking chinese friends are from there

>Chengdu
is there anything special about it? anything historic, important? another chinese city copypasta. even if it older than three decades, which i dount, its been obliterated by all this shoddy construction, the way beijing has been obliterated
>pic rel
is what civilization is made of, is a city to live for, to die for

because liu bei is shit

this

Smart serb

There are no chinks on Cred Forums.

well 1939 is quite the special year for poland

is ogre

it's never ogre

Chinks are subhuman so really that only counts for about 100,000 people

Hilariously ignorant argument, the history and the impact of a city has to start somewhere.

yeah but then as long as it's only starting there's only a very limited interest you can take in it (for anything tourism/cultural, not economic obviously)

Of course, tourism is a relatively new concept. What people consider to be modern now will be historic to people in the future.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu

Early history Edit
Archaeological discoveries at the Sanxingdui and Jinsha sites have established that the Chengdu region was inhabited over four thousand years ago and was an important centre of a unique ancient culture during the period of Shang and Zhou dynasties.[13]

In the early 4th century BC, the 9th king of the state of Shu, Kaiming IX, moved his capital from today's nearby Pixian to the city's current location, and said to have named the city Chengdu.

The state of Shu was conquered by the State of Qin in 316 BC, and a new city was founded by the Qin general Zhang Yi (who as a matter of fact had argued against the invasion). This can be seen as the beginning of the Chinese Chengdu.

Han to Qing
As a central city for at least 2000 years, Chengdu's influence gradually expanded from the Sichuan basin to Western China. At its height, Chengdu was named "One of the Five Metropolis" in China. During the Three-Kingdom period, Zhuge Liang, the prime minister of Shu kingdom, called Chengdu "the land of abundance". Chengdu became one of the foremost commercial cities in China during the Tang dynasty more than 1,200 years ago, second only after Yangzhou (simplified Chinese: 扬一益二; traditional Chinese: 揚一益二; literally: "Yangzhou first Yizhou (Chengdu) second"). Li Bai, the famous poet during the Tang dynasty, eulogized the city as "Chengdu lies above empyrean". Su Shi, the eminent writer during the Song dynasty, hailed Chengdu as "the southwestern metropolis".

During the partition following the fall of the Eastern Han dynasty—i.e., the era of the Three Kingdoms, Liu Bei founded the southwest kingdom of Shu-Han (221–263) with Chengdu as its capital. Over time, Chengdu had been the capital of six local feudal reigns of which Shu-Han is the best known.

Because I can live in Shanghai which has a much higher standard of living and better salaries. Other than Beijing and Shenzhen few other cities are worth living in.

>Because we care about the white world
So you don't care about France?

because people don't give a shit about it?

All I know is Liu Bei hid there like a bitch and got his face wrecked.

Wow architecture there is ugly AF

4 thousand years of history destroyed by Dur Reader Mao and his infirnate wisdom.

it's a meme victim olympics (also italian invasion of ethiopia, spanish civil war, sudetenland etc), in reality 2nd sino-japanese war was an isolated conflict that got swallowed up by global events that began in europe

what attention would you want it to receive?

i like how they photoshopped the sky to look blue.

this

there's no way a city in china can have a clear sky

the city looks incredibly ugly

Because there are 500 others in China/East Asia.

Do foreigners ask about Cleveland?

Traffic looks like hell. I thought Chinks were all into trainz and shit.

because all of these names of Chink cities are super hard to memorize.

Take that back, you unwashed Eastern barbarian!

You are a retard if you think even 5% of Chinese history was touched by the fag guards and their crazy leader.

Chengdu is in central China far away from the factories.

Also, Beijing/Shanghai/Shenzen all have blue skies for half the year.

Chengdu is pretty cool. Tasty fish and cute pandas.

Also fewer jews

That's why no one gave a shit about the greatest naval battle of ww2 and Death March