Have you ever traveled to the US?

Have you ever traveled to the US?

How much did it feel like a different country compared to your homeland?

I've been to Mexico, Canada, and the Bahamas. Mexico and the Bahamas felt surreal since I've never passed so many poor areas and colorful housing before. Canada was just like the US with a weird climate (50 degrees Farenheit in fucking July)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY
youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I visited Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Denver and Albuquerque.

did you like any of them?

youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

I'm in Kalamazoo right now, but I'm from Croatia.

It's just surreal how friendly the people are. Like it's not even just the white people, everyone's friendly!
It's also a bit jarring how spaced out everything is. You basically HAVE TO HAVE a car to get around.

I liked Albuquerque because it was so different from anything in Canada (like being on planet Mars).

youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

It's a big country, 5000km wide.

We have almost all the world's climates.

Yes, it did feel like a different country but not as much as some other countries I've been to like China or Brazil. There are european countries that feel less european than america does.

>You basically HAVE TO HAVE a car to get around.
Swathes of Canada and Australia are like that. I don't like it.

Been to Canada which is basically the same thing
Definitely felt like a completely different country but it's more similar to Iceland than Spain is I think

not as comfy and much hotter than Iceland, much bigger suburbs, much bigger cities, many more people, etc.

Where is the pic? I'd love to live somewhere like that.

nyc

I'm sorry you had to do that

new york city

As a yuropoor I'm used to having 4 different modes of public transportation all around the city. It's a shame America has nothing like that

We're getting better. Portland, SLC, Seattle, SFO, Chicago all have decent light rail.

But yeah. I've been to Switzerland many times. I get bummed out when I come home and have to drive 40 miles from the airport to my house all so some rich people can keep more of their money.

Portland has street cars. Pic related. Public transit requires municipal funding which is non-existent in the absence of white people.

I live in Toronto in a 19th century "streetcar suburb" and most useful places are still accessible via streetcar. Canada never experienced white flight from cities into sparsely populated suburbs at the same rate because we don't have as many blacks here.

Metro is only really feasible in the northeast

Buses have always been shit, but no one seems to know how to make them better

Here's a Toronto street car.

>tram

>There are european countries that feel less european than america does.
which ones

do you get amazon prime food delivery in a place like that?

You couldn't afford to live there

I come from a ruraler area of Oregon and yeah, it's true, Portland has a ton of public transit. Plus Uber/Lyft/whatever. Very bike friendly. I hope it keeps expanding because buses really do suck.

where are you from?

Portland expanding?? Not with your crazyass Urban Growth Boundaries.

No I mean the public transit systems so I can continue not paying for gas.

If Portland expanded to the rest of Oregon we'd be fucked. The homelessness is crazy.

Went to NY, felt like a 1st world São Paulo which was exactly what I was expecting.

Did you have a good time at least?

>SFO
You can't just call places by their airport codes all willy nilly - if you're going for brevity it's "sf".

Pic related.

That's what we've been saying for a long time.
There's a reason we haven't developed a form of mass public transit.

I went when I was a kid to California and Texas to do the themeparks.

LA + San Fran were fine for walking, but I remember coming into Houston and being met at the airport by a guy in full cowboy outfit telling me to vote for Bush.

Then when we got to the hotel we went for a walk, and the footpath was a tiny sliver next to a motorway sized road.

In terms of first impressions the US is pretty similar. We speak the same language, have the same religion/values. It's what's below the surface and the cultural quirks that make it different.

*San Diego instead of San Francisco. I only did Social.

Florida - felt like a big shopping mall, fake as fuck and everything was cheap. Also you heard more spanish than english

>huezilian hajj

I've been to NYC and California. Did a road trip from San Francisco to LA.

It was pretty good, I gained about 5kg on the cali trip though.

NYC was a lot of fun. A lot of places a so recognisable due to all the US TV shows we get.

LA was probably the least enjoyable place I went to.

Yeah, there were tourists from everywhere in the world and most were friendly, lots of stuff to do too. Was overall left with a nice impression but I'll probably look for smaller and less crowded cities if I visit the USA again.
American culture is very integrated with ours so I don't think there'll be place for many surprise. Southeast Brazil at least.

Glad to here it amigo.