Civ 6 goes out of its way to use unusual leaders

>Civ 6 goes out of its way to use unusual leaders
>Reuses Pedro II anyway
Is he the only competent person in the entire history of Brazil or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/09/03/what-did-mahatma-gandhi-think-of-black-people/
vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/civilization/images/6/67/Hammurabi_(Civ1).png/revision/latest?cb=20130619084844
civfanatics.com/images/civ3/playersetup_img6.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/archive/c/c0/20090517010314!Sid_Meier's_Civilization_IV_scrinshot_1.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=yKUFvo3_FYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S3PDst8KSn0
dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/LEADER_MONTEZUMA.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They've blacked Gandi

Why did they have to gay up a pretty good game

Brazil itself is unusual. Have you only played civ5?

>US gets Dr. Robotnik

Can't wait to.enslave some animals with the power of superior technology.

5hey don't call them curry niggers for no reason

>unusual leaders
>Queen Victoria
mate..

>not Santa Pedro

that is some bullshit

Brazil independence only happened in 1822, making it a way younger civilization than the others, hence why we dont have many famous or exemplary leaders.

T R A J A N
R
A
J
A
N
Get Hyped

not sure ghandi would approve of his depiction.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/09/03/what-did-mahatma-gandhi-think-of-black-people/

there are tons of famous presidents, We even had a president kill himself to stop an American coup

I think you mean "kill himself because he was in the middle of a huge political shitstorm because he sent an assassin to kill an opponent".

yes he sent an assassin to fail in killing a journalist so that it could justify a military coup against him, that was pretty smart amirite

I always thought Gandhi was a pipsqueak. Turns out he had some pretty great ideas.

Montezuma was in civ 5 and 4 too.

They always fucking use Cleopatra when Ramses the second or King Tut were more famous and better rulers then her.

I wish they put Argentina just so that I can fulfill my fantasy of invading and annexing them.

It's so funny when leftist cUcks idolize gandhi. He was peaceful because he had no choice.

He even said that if India had nukes he would have used them on Britain

Montezuma is a stapple, he's been in all versions

The only leader I've never heard of is the Congolese one. They should have stuck with Shaka or Haile Selassi.

>unsual leaders
>ghandi
>qin shi huang
>teddy roosevelt

nigga, are you serious?

He changed his mind after his time in SA though as a lawyer which people always forget.

>watch gameplay
>T.R is fat
>mfw

Ever heard of Alfonso the first?

>Is he the only competent person in the entire history of Brazil or something?
Arguably, one of the most, but not the only.

Pedro the II is was an emperor who made patron of the arts and science in Brazil. He achieved prosperity for the country through coffee exports, won the only war this country ever fought and fred the slaves.

Other famous Brazilian leaders:

Pedro, I: achieved independence, structured the pillars for Brazil as a country.

Getulio Vargas: industrialized the country in the 30s/40s, major economic growth, very nationalistic, fascist even.

Juscelino Kubitshek: Built Brasilia, built endless roads and created countless jobs in the 50s.

Military dictatorship period: Basically a continuation of the "Vargas" project, now with more violence and less democracy. This was in the 80s.

How do we fix Brazil?

They should've used Vargas, but I guess he would be too controversial because "muh dictator"
I think they were just lazy really.

That is a very vague question.
What do you mean by "fix", exactly?
You could argue that geographic and historic determinism prevent us from getting anywhere beyond Eastern European levels of development ever.

Less bureaucracy will fix 80% of our problems.

>Unironically listing Vargas

Resurrect Pedro II

7 European Leaders
5 Asian Leaders

Wtf is this nonsense

Should be 15 Asian Leaders

Napalm bomb all the favelas and annex the rest of south america.

meua migo

Nothing wrong with that.
Sure he was kind of a maniac and basically brainwashed everyone into populism faggotry but he was still influential as fuck.

No, we had other good leaders. But they are all fascists die hard. It's 2016, monarchy is okay, fascism is not.

reminder brazil's best leader an anime

EE-tier BR sounds pretty comfy

>make thread
>include brazil in the text
>????????
>watch as brazilians flood the thread as if pigeons arround crumbs

daily reminder GV is best president

I don't know if it's just me guys, but I really want to pound CIV 6 Cleopatra.

>be Icelandic
>make stupid fucking anime roleplaying thread
>kill self

Yes

The others are either dictators or irrelevant and shitty.
We didn't really have founding fathers like America did, you can just rotate among those between releases.

>This was in the 80s
It literally ended in the 80s

wrong

im with you

that boob window gives me nasty ideas

I'm already waiting for R34 of Cleopatra with my dick in my hand.

>Be Brazillian
>Get mugged and shot by a Zika infected musquito

>be dutch
>irrelevant...

>People actually tell me Vargas was a fascist
>These people think they can pin down this man's political opinion
He just liked being in power, if he had to act like a fascist he would, if he had to act like a commie he would(and he tried), if he had to act like a die hard democrat he would(and he did). But people just focus on the first half of Estado Novo.

Why people understand the word fascist as a bad thing?

Because authoritarianism always always always leads to shit.

low quality bait

Sureeee, history told us this? right?
Liberalism is the cancer who is killing western world.

Well, yes according to didn't it lead to a fucking military dictatorship?

Yea but she road Caesars baloney pony. Can Ramses or king Tut say the same?

not really Getúlio Vargas wanted to prevent a US-led military dictatorship at all costs to the point of suicide

>Cleopatra

>Africa

>egypt isn't in africa

what the absolute fucking shit is this?
This must be the reason why I am just now hearing of Civ VI. This looks like fucking cancer. These caricatures look like they should be from some cartoony ass game like overwatch, not the sleek and defined Sid Meier's games. I am fucking disgusted. Absolutely terrible. I guess i'll keep modding Civ V and its shitty spinoffs for another couple years.

why don't you do it in victoria ii or hearts of iron iii/iv?

all civ games were cartoony af

>I am just now hearing of Civ VI

Not him.
The funniest country to play with is Oranje or Transvaal, everything else is boring for me now.

>not playing as großbraziliums and annexing all of south america

he never made a cameo on an animey

QUAL ANIME

THEY COLONIZED PERNAMBUCO
THERE ARE STILL MANY DUTCH DESCENDANTS AMONG OUR NORTHEAST PEOPLE!

Clearly Gilgamesh's skin is too brown, he was white we wuz sumerians n shit

Time Travel Shoujo

Technically they're different people.
Montezuma II was in I-IV
Montezuma I is in V and VI

that's not cartoony, that's low res. Look at the most recent game. I am not going to claim that it was photorealistic but it isn't some god damn clash of clans or claymation bullshit.

>Gilgamesh depicted as anything but a blonde skinny whiteboi
Feels odd even though it's more accurate.

>gilgamesh
>not a blonde, blue-eyed aryan
nice try revisionist

Which is really odd because he hated black people.

it was always cartoony, man
CIV V was your first CIV, right?
I don't wanna make 3 different posts, so I'll just leave the links here

in order: I, III and IV

vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/civilization/images/6/67/Hammurabi_(Civ1).png/revision/latest?cb=20130619084844

civfanatics.com/images/civ3/playersetup_img6.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/archive/c/c0/20090517010314!Sid_Meier's_Civilization_IV_scrinshot_1.jpg

It was Ilhuicamina in V and VI? I thought "Montezuma" only aplied to Moctezuma Xocoyotzin

No, I'll admit I started my Sid Meier's adventure at IV and then worked back but IV wasn't this bullcrap, though admittedly it was certainly more stylized. The others I will stand by are low-res and not at all cartoony. Do you sincerely believe that the current abominations posted in the OP and the current trailers such as
youtube.com/watch?v=yKUFvo3_FYQ
compared to
youtube.com/watch?v=S3PDst8KSn0

It seems that they're regressing and I can't help but flip a tit over it. Getting rid of little things like building your own palace for whatever reason I can understand but this is awful. This just looks like a mobile game.

>King Tut
Why would they pick someone who "ruled" for 10 years? He was too young to do anything.

because cleopatra was a woman and therefore the worst thing in the world

king tut did nothing and instantly died. He was an inbred child and is only famous because his tomb was undisturbed by grave robbers.
My vote is on Ramses as you said, builder of monuments and shit, or Thutmose III who had the greatest military success of any Pharaoh.

Not according to Firaxis.
dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/LEADER_MONTEZUMA.aspx

Remember when Civ wasn't just "DLC: The Game!" and actually had content and new gameplay in its initial release rather than a graphic overhaul?

So what cunt do you guys like to play as? I usually just select random because I'm a pleb that sucks at the game.

Authoritarianism and Liberalism aren't mutually exclusive, in fact they're on a different spectrum from one another. Communism is Liberalism taken to an authoritarian extreme while fascism is authoritarianism taking to a conservative extreme. The best form of government imo, is a Democratic Republic that is conservative leaning and respects personal liberty above all else.

Which was the US for most of its history btw.

Usually America, Brazil, Germany, France, or Japan

I'm a bitch who only plays the most OP civs

Don't worry, they fixed it.

Much better

I dunno why they'd make a former national level boxer, an avid hunter, and an occasional lumberjack a fat as fatass

Wow you're right

I don't know if you heard but there was this pretty big war that fascists were involved in.

The Spanish Civil war?

>Liberalism is the cancer who is killing the Western world
>Brazil
>Western
So you've got nothing to worry about then!

They probably got him mixed up with Taft somehow

When will Lula be in this game?

TOMORROW

>Congo
>civilization

l-look at his colorful hat and 482 necklaces!!

culture!!! africans are so smart!

this

Wrong fascism is great

oh wow moctezuma again *roll eyes*

Where's Canada?

it's Kongo.
KONGO.

Zitto animale.

Sorry.

I don't know if you read but the point is it wasn't, this is a different guy

There's Congo-Brazzaville, DRC or Congo-Kinshasa and then old historical kingdom Kingdom of Kongo. All named after the Kongo river the the Kingdom was first to exist by a landslide.

> first to exist by a landslide.
And yet last to deliver the gravel.

>mfw African cultures are more relevant than Canada

and if Canada loses?

>Harald Hardrada
>the king who essentially accomplished very little except establishing trade and currency before dying to the fucking english of all people

Just kill Lulo da Silva and he will be in Civ VII

>Removing Mongols for Scythians
This is still my biggest gripe with what I've seen of the game.

Even though a more cartoony stlye is what most Civ games have used, I still loved the art style they used in V and wish they stuck with it.
I'm also going to miss those lovely wonder paintings you got when completing them, I never did like the little building animations you got in IV.