Your Country

>Your Country
>Do you lift?
>Do your fellow countrymen associate lifting with negative stereotypes?

Canada

Yes

No, lifting is good and every man should be big and strong, it's a national virtue in Canada.

Bodyweight exercises only here, lifting is for normie scum

>Bodyweight exercises

Laughing

>lifting is for normie scum
That's a funny way to say non-poor people who can afford to be homegym masterrace.

Crossfit here

after visiting europe recently they are all skinny and weak as fuck compared to the literal average american youth. Seriously though, ALOT of people lift. Not many seriously lift, but alot do lift maybe twice-ish a week if you catch my drift.

>Crossfit here

Same

pic related is me

>I'm insecure and have to justify my purchase of heavy things on sticks at 50,000% markup to strangers on the internet
found the /fit/izen

Insecure about what lol

It's not that expensive if you buy used off some chump. I prefer my gym tho, way cheaper and they have everything I need

Pic related: it's you

>50,000% markup
I wonder how cheap iron is that my payment of 75 cents or so per pound is that much of a markup.

Also markup isn't very high

Making the equipment isn't cheap. Plates are literally just iron with a hole in it that weighs 45lbs, not exactly cheap to produce

Watchu got breh

I have a power cage and bench and 600 pounds of weights. My bar I got pretty cheap ($130 I believe, I've had it for a while but it was marked down from like $400) with a 1000 pound limit.

Your bar doesn't have a 1000lb limit lol.

Most shit bars start bending at 500+lbs. Which is fine for 99% of people tho.

I haven't lifted since last monday

rip 6 months of gains

>Most shit bars start bending at 500+lbs
Mine doesn't.
t. 6 pl8 diddly

Strong doubt

I do not believe you, got a pic?

No, who just takes pictures of themselves working out?

It's not even impressive desu, since I'm fat. 6'0 260 pounds.

>Do your fellow countrymen associate lifting with negative stereotypes?

Where in the world does this happen

1. flag
2. No
3. My countryment don't, but I do

>600lb deadlift isn't impressive

That's almost an Elite-level deadlift in almost every weightclass except like 270+.

You are lying

>That's almost an Elite-level deadlift
To who?

>To who?

To the United States Powerlifting Association.

I've heard frenchies say that people who lift there and look bulky get made fun of because they're probably insecure.