Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOD IS NOT REAL

tips

atheist obviously

>Burgerstan
>Christian (Roman Catholic)

Agnostic. Go fuck yourself. Prove conclusively that he does or does not exist.

>YUO CAN'T KNOW!!1

1. United States of America
2. Islam

>flag
>atheist

>hurr my own shitty logic rules because I'm so smart
>hurr if you can't prove something that means it doesn't exist

>Vietnam
>none

you don't even know of the common use of agnostic or what it means you stupid cunt

good lad

fenlan
on a paper it says im lutheran but im actually atheist

It's very simple to deduce that it's a human fabrication like the easter bunny for example.

this

t. agnostic theist cuck too afraid to commit to his silly beliefs

no i'm atheist calm down ruskie

there's no "agnostic" there's agnostic christian or agnostic atheist. it means being open to the possibility you're wrong, which ultimately everyone is in a way. if you call yourself agnostic and don't go to church, you're an agnostic ATHEIST

apparently nobody fucking understands this incredibly simple shit

Finland
Islam

flag
promiscuous STD

what the fuck

1. American
2. Catholic

Repent or burn

Based

Hueland
Atheist
Living in a 9x% catholic country
The only place i can find relief is in my uni, fuck this shithole

Based

What can I do for you to accept the God and the Virgin of Fatima?

>Repent or burn
i pick burn, the alternative is getting spiritual advice from fucking venezuela apparently

There are no gods

I don't get why are all the atheists rude and with a feeling of superiority, I just want you to be happy

You just threated him with eternal torment

And you are feeling superior by trying to police people's beliefs.

Spain
tengriist

Don't take it too seriously lads

I'm not t-b-h

Really?

France
Roman Catholic

>Flag
>Catholic

canada
Zoroastrian

Canada

There's not really a term for it, but I believe there is some higher power (a god, potentially) but it's beyond human understanding. For the most part science can reliably explain stuff but I think there's a limit to how much science and logic can tell us about the universe.

>There's not really a term for it, but I believe there is some higher power (a god, potentially) but it's beyond human understanding.
Probably "idiot."

its called zorastianism

Top tier religion. Any recommended reading material?

That's not how we do it

Good good, you're on your path to Jesus

Is it? I've never really bothered to look into it.

>tfw agnostic

He's a moron, look up deism

Ah that might fit it. I usually just tell people I'm agnostic so we can move on without me looking like a twat.

hey dipshit you're agnostic what?

Canada
Lutheran

USA

Pure agnostic

I don't know personally. If I find solid proof for a deity I would worship it. So far no.

>Pure agnostic
hey dipshit you're agnostic what?

I'm neither. I don't believe in a deity. I would if there was evidence for one. I don't not believe because I personally don't know.

I'm neutral

Canada
Baptist

Agnostic.

apparently you're too fucking stupid to even read what i posted so here's a helpful picture

there isn't a neutral option to a yes or no question

Ok then what do you think I am?

> Russia
> Christianity

do you go to church and live a religious life?

kek you just made him even more retarded

Ok then what do you think I am?
Good looking

i don't believe in any religion, i don't hate religions.

t. baby fucker

No.

You really take this stuff seriously eh?

Theist and atheist encompass all possible positions.

That was kind of the point. The comic is retarded.

Please die

t. semantics pro

THEN YOU'RE A FUCKING ATHEIST

YOU LIVE IN A FASHION CONTRARY TO ANYONE WHO BELIEVES IN GOD

fucking moron

i am educating you for free, leave if you don't like it

This is correct.

Im an atheist/agnostic spiritualiteit and a calvinist culturaly

But I'm not denying the existence of a deity.

I'm not the guy you were responding too.

>Wants me to die because I'm Catholic

You are an uncivilized person.

which is meaningless

Why?

Funland
Pascalian

you haven't even defined what you aren't denying

so every US American is an atheist?

An all powerful deity. It could be a creator or not.

Atheism isn't a religion
I have no religion.
*tips quickly*

special snowflake

>An all powerful deity. It could be a creator or not.
so some deviation of christian monothiestic belief

which you probably believe but doesn't impact your life at all even if it's real

why even fucking bother?

You're moving the goalposts and assuming his actions (not living religiously) dictate his beliefs (plausible but unproven deity).

i'm measuring belief by actual worship and impact on someone's life.

this aids of 'you can't ever know anything' can be applied to absolutely everything

>this aids of 'you can't ever know anything' can be applied to absolutely everything
Yes but it isn't applied to everything, because the concept of God is essentially the only thing humans have come up with that by its own design may be impossible to prove or disprove. Doesn't mean we can't keep trying to prove the existence or non-existence of God. Not all agnostics believe God CAN'T be known, just that it currently isn't.

Why are agnostics such fucking children? They're all atheists, but too pussy to admit it.

>Not all agnostics believe God CAN'T be known, just that it currently isn't.
sounds like a neo-abrahamic branch off that is actually semantics. poorly defined and doesn't mean anything

there's literally no such thing as an agnostic, and all the cowards who claim to be as such as agnostic ATHEISTS because they aren't even christian or even religious

That's bullshit there are a ton of unprovable things like 'Is our world a simulation?'

Why do you guys get so fucking triggered by agnostics?

agnostic what?

I bet the rates of atheism would skyrocket if you could pick
>atheist (culturally cristian)
Because at this point it's an identity rather than a religion.

Because both theism and atheism is belief based and fanatical believers tend to get triggered when they meet realist.

I consider myself an agnostic - more specifically agnostic atheist. Because my default position is that there probably isn't a God, but I don't discount the possibility of God. In all practicality I am an atheist (although I pray to dragons when I'm really desperate about something out of my control - I use dragons as a substitute for any possible God(s)), but in my beliefs I'm agnostic, so I just call myself an agnostic, because to call myself an atheist would be inaccurate.

I guess, but those things should be able to be proven by science once we understand enough about the nature of everything, whereas you can pretty much always make excuses for God's existence even in the face of facts.

hey dipshit
here's a diagram, what are you?

Pascalian.

>I consider myself an agnostic - more specifically agnostic atheist. Because my default position is that there probably isn't a God, but I don't discount the possibility of God. In all practicality I am an atheist (although I pray to dragons when I'm really desperate about something out of my control - I use dragons as a substitute for any possible God(s)), but in my beliefs I'm agnostic, so I just call myself an agnostic, because to call myself an atheist would be inaccurate.
but it's lip service, because you don't obey any of those gods and won't change anything about yourself to adhere to any of them

so i mean what's the fucking point even saying that?

agnostic christian* got it

Well that's kinda how our religion started so...

agnostics are the horseshoe theory fags of religion

this.

Satanist

Because it's a more accurate way of defining himself.

Because God(s) haven't been proven and there's no rational evidence, I see no reason to follow their rules, despite the fact that I believe they may exist. I figure if God(s) exist, they need to prove that to me directly and not go through other people who are in all likelihood just crazy or want my cash. All Gods are equally unproven (although some have more crazy mythology around them than others) so if I followed one, I'd have to follow them all.

I use my dragon shrine as a personification of all Gods and religions, knowing that it would be considered idolatry in some religions. But as I said, I figure God can't get angry at me for going against its beliefs if it hasn't proven its existence and the accuracy of its teachings.

When someone I know is very ill etc, and there's literally nothing else to be done, I pray to the dragons. I've only done this probably 5 or 6 times in my entire life, I only do it when I'm very desperate. Praying is a placebo and I know that, it's something to do when there's nothing to be done. I still consider myself an agnostic atheist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

Science does not say the scientific facts are true though - science is just a method through which we establish things that are consistent in real life. However everything proven by science can be disproven subsequently.
Anybody with an open mind operates on the assumption that what he knows is right while being aware that everything he believes is indeed an assumption.
The writings of Lovecraft do a good job of describing the antipod of that - scientific closemindedness, where people treat science as dogma unable to embrace propositions of an more alien reality than the one so far studied.
Bottom line is this, agnosticism shouldn't even be brought up because anybody worth talking to is to some degree open to being wrong, agnosticism is only brought up by people who want to avoid arguments and tell theistfags they disagree.

How is that relevant, as an agnostic I completely agree with the idea of Russell's teapot.

I agree with you, but you're also wrong. Some people can be extremely interesting and contribute a lot despite being dogmatic in their belief or unbelief of God.

While I agree that agnosticism/doubt should be the default position of reasonable people, the fact is that lots of people consider themselves complete atheists or theists, so you have to bring up agnosticism.

>Federal Emirate of Germanistan
>Christian(Evangelical-Lutheran)

>as an agnostic I completely agree with the idea of Russell's teapot.
jesus fucking christ, whatever man

Flag.

Agnostic.

I can't be assed with you dogmatic atheists. Even when people tell you explicitly that they're not atheists, you still have to claim them.

Some people do not sway one way or the other on the question. They are neither leaning towards theism or atheism. Your agnostic, gnostic binary simply doesn't work for them.

I've had six years of the same shit on the internet. Thank God for the fedora mayday even if it's overused, because atheist evangelists online were insufferable round 2010-2013.

The burden of proof lies with the people making the claim, I agree. But even though they have no proof, that does not mean they're definitely wrong.

>I can't be assed with you dogmatic atheists
well come up with a new term and don't use fucking agnostic, it's not accurate

>Some people do not sway one way or the other on the question
their actions speak otherwise

a person with sincere belief in something will behave as such. you retards aren't religious and being open to the possibility of religion is in and of itself means nothing to anybody

>I use dragons as a substitute for any possible God(s)), but in my beliefs I'm agnostic, so I just call myself an agnostic, because to call myself an atheist would be inaccurate.
Fucking otherkin shithead
>I have a dragon for my god
>but if god is real he'll still take care of me
that's more cancerous than this new pagan shit

>a person with sincere belief in something will behave as such. you retards aren't religious and being open to the possibility of religion is in and of itself means nothing to anybody
It means something to me. I assume that if I was atheist, I would never pray at all. But as I find myself praying on a very rare occasion, that cements the idea in my mind that I am agnostic, despite religion/God playing no part in my day to day life whatsoever.

I was collecting little statues of dragons for years before I used them as a thing to pray to (which I do not do often - literally once every couple of years).

I don't think of dragons as Gods, you misunderstand if you think I do. And I don't expect God to take care of me if God is real, I only expect God not to punish me for not following its rules. The burden of proof is on God to prove God exists - not on me to find the correct God out of all the possible choices - of which none have any evidence for the existence of God.

"Third World" isn't accurate when referring to poor countries, it was originally a cold war term. Yet the term has been reappropriated. Terminology changes, even if it becomes less accurate. Another example would be "Literally", as is now commonly used on the internet.

The agnostic-gnostic model popularized by Dawkins is not the norm, even if it is more accurate. Agnostic encapsulates both Agnostic atheists, agnostic theists as well as those that lean towards neither end (A group you and Dawkins seem to be incapable of acknowledging)

> their actions speak otherwise
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean they can't define themselves as they wish. Their views on religion are personal. Why do you have to prove that they're "wrong" for defining themselves that way.

The problem a lot of atheists have is that you view the Question of God as a scientific matter, when it's also a philosophical one. There's far more room for flexibility in philosophy than there is in science.

>The problem a lot of atheists have is that you view the Question of God as a scientific matter, when it's also a philosophical one
why is it always god and not any other number of theological dieties anyway

You're moving the goalposts again, or maybe you're just changing topic. And in all likelihood it's because they come from the western monotheistic tradition. I often use the plural though, but I naturally trend towards thinking of God as a bearded guy in the sky. I have to consciously make an effort not to refer to God as "he". I'm the guy who prays to dragons, and I didn't grow up in a religious household, but I'm still very influenced by my childhood when it comes to religion.

Flag
Fedora

>You're moving the goalposts again, or maybe you're just changing topic
well this conversation means nothing even if you're right so i'm willing to let it all slide

all bow down to the maybe-god i guess woo

flag
pentecostal

kinda wished i was an anglican t.b.h.

Now you're free m8. Fuck the dogma, enjoy life now.

Pentecostals are awful, you should convert, what's stopping you?

Because the question is over the existence of a deity with specific attributes - namely one that created the universe. The majority of pagan deities had limited powers.

What we define as being "God" in our culture is intrinsically linked to the Abrahamic notion of God.

The "You're an atheist too when it comes to the thousands of Pagan deities you've never heard of" argument is pretty weak, as they don't have the same attributes or are similar in any way other than being supernatural.

do you also use Bad Dragon dildos for your worships?

Why should God want to proof his existence to any of us? If I was right with believing in the existence of the Great Architect, I deserve a nice place in the afterlife, if he doesn't I had something I could hold on all my life. For me it's always a win-win, that I can live knowing that is enough proof for me

Why do you think god=afterlife?

>do you also use Bad Dragon dildos for your worships?
Maybe I should invent some new rituals.

>Why should God want to proof his existence to any of us?
I don't know, but God wants us to worship it in almost every religious tradition. And yet God doesn't prove its existence and gives us many choices of which beings to believe in.

And believe whatever you want m8, if it makes you feel good and especially if it makes you act good, I'm happy for you.

Despite my lack of faith or belief in any rewards after I'm dead, I will continue to be happy and do good for society as well.

>thread
>c*tholics and pr*testants biting each other again

That's what basically all religions are about, you know?

>I will continue to be happy and do good for society as well.
that's good, and the most important

friends in the church, gf also attends and has friends there.

being a beta sperg who cant say no doesnt help either

just wanna sing them traditional hymns instead of this rock trash, ya know?

>just wanna sing them traditional hymns instead of this rock trash, ya know?
yes, absolutely, there is nothing tackier than Pentecostals imo. Frankly I think that the continued existence of Pentecostals is proof that if God exists then he has no taste.

Niggistan

Tyrone Shaniqua Jamal-ism

Flg
Bddhsm

Dutch
Protestant

Praise Pan

flag
dodekatheism

Israel
Orthodox Christianity

flag
agnostic desu

Norge
I am fedora but a member of the Norwegian church, because the more people leave the more money gets funneled towards Mosques and synagoges.

>burgerland
Atheist. The thought of living forever terrifies me anyway I'd rather just die

based as fuck

Australia
Athiest

Shinto

France
Le Fedora

> I pray to dragons
But it means that you are theist, you just worship another mythical creature.

UK
Agnostic (that's right, just agnostic)

Kys subhuman

Italy
Orthodox Christian

Russian
Atheist. I'm glad that the communists cilled priests and blew up churches, because religion is a opium of the people

No religion.

Officially it's Lutheranism.
Unofficially I don't care. I just admire the architecture and that's why I donate 1% of my income to the church.

For real? Are there many orthodox in Italy?

yes
the 1mil romanian immigrants :^)

>It's ain't me
I believe there is "God", not in Catholic's way. More like "Seeder" style

romanians are good guys

"No"

t.gitano
thanks rusbro

Romanians ARE gitanos though

takes a gitano to know one

t. gitano

how many telephone cables did you steal this month brother?
I only got like 30 meters worth, it was a slow month

You just need to expand your market perspective! picking up wallets is where the money is at

flag
Atheist masterrace

>atheism
>lack of belief
>belief
Pekka...

1. Spain
2. Christian (Roman Catholic)

1. Russia.
2. Orthodox christian.

Russia
Atheist as any sane person here

Easter bunny?

Flag.
Agnostic.

Theist, burger

Good goy, worship the Jewish lord and forget your dirty pagan Russian gods.

> as any sane person here
Пopтфeль coбpaл нa зaвтpa?

Flag.
Roman Catholic.

You guys get pretty upset over some sky wizard whilst hating on brown people who do the exact same shit.

Embarrassing desu.

Have you already done homework for tomorrow?

>The shkololo defence
kek, you can't even argue with me.

>Good goy
>Jewish lord
>dirty pagan Russian gods
He вижy cмыcлa мeтaть биcep пepeд cвиньями.

why does russia exist if god is real
checkm8 theists

I'm supposed to be Christian but my family hasn't celebrated Christmas since around 2012, and it was a pretty "eh" one. Should I feel bad Cred Forums?

Because we are Russians and the God is with us.

>literally worships a Byzantine god created by Jews
>most Russian names were forgotten and replaced with Greek "christian" ones
>Slavic gods were thrown on the garbage heap
Cucked as fuck, Ivan.

flag
agnostic

Then why Satan doesn't exist if Japan is real?

>Netherlands
>Calvinism

1. United States
2. Neoplatonism

+ I'm anti-Christanism and anti-Islam

1. Vodkastan
2. Pastafarian

Turkia
Atheist-Agnostic

Kys please

True

Atheist

>culturally cristian
Top kek. Christianity is an universalist religion believed by 2,5 billions of people from Zimbabwe to Philippines. What's christian culture? Do you imply Russians and Arabs (many of the latter are orthodoxes) are the same?

Are you Palestinian?

Sweden
Agnostic

2bh we should repeat it. We should make swimming pool on a place of Christ the savior cathedral and make Moscow Big mosque a part of Olimpiyskiy stadium.

Kek, continue to suck orthodoxy cock and open your anus for more oppressive laws.
People like you are the reason why we are in shit.

To punish those who were sinful in a past life.

Atheist

Agnostics are special snowflakes desu

Malta
>jew

Russia
Agressive atheist
My favorite history persons are Ataturk and Lenin.

>cunt
Kantâhk
>religion
A mixture of traditional cree spiritual
And new age (Hippieish chakra, aura stuff)

Rome
Orthodontism

Flag
YUO CAN'T KNOW!!1
I'd hace to say agnostic because i really coudn't care ess about religion

>you probably believe but doesn't impact your life at all even if it's real
>why even fucking bother?

You just described religion in general.

>this thread

>flag
>no i dont believe in Gandalf nor Cthulhu

>That's what basically all religions are about, you know?
And democracies are all about giving the power to the people.

Just because an interest group or w/e you want to call it says "Hey, things are like this !" doesn't mean it's true.

My analogy might suck but you get what i mean

Evangelical Lutheran.

kek. that's literally what the agnostics do. fucking imbeciles trying to look smart with (((((((muh proof, muh proof)))))))

atheist btw

Mother Russia
Old Beleiver

Catholic

>what I can't see cannot exist
lmao retard enjoy hell

1. Flag

2. Pic related

i would rather spend eternity in hell than a life on earth being a retard like you

Its the same thing as believing in the flying spaghetti monster or GoT religions.

You convince yourself you wont vanish after death to feel better. And its your right to do so , just dont bust our balls telling us to convert or burn in hell. Thats autistic.

>not believing in c'thun

user just conveniently left out the part he couldn't say shit about and went straight for the kiddies first criticism of empirical knowledge

hehehe you can both suck my hangoverchemicaldiarreheashit
t. agnostic
/thread

flag
I would say I'm atheist but it sounds fedora as fuck and it makes you look like a twat
Like I dont bash people with religious beliefs but I just don't care about religion in general

>hangoverchemicaldiarreheashit
aka your brain xDD

>I would say I'm atheist but it sounds fedora as fuck and it makes you look like a twat
american problems

>comparing believing in God to a spaghetti monster
I won't try to convince you of anything, but if you think you can affirmatively say there is no God at 20whatever you're insanely ignorant and need to get out more.

Lol shut the fuck up I ain't talking to you bitch

ARE JUUU A ZAMBIE!?? XDDD

yeah it is a problem here because atheist !=christ basher

fuck the south

t. retard

Lithuania
Roman Catholic

You are trying so hard to make me think that i should believe in a figure depicted only in tales and stories where it supposedly intervened with the humans.

Its like believing in magic ,theres no question to that.

What i don't get though is why religious people are so damn fucking preachy while i as an atheist dont hunt down people and try to convert them as you do.

I dont care. Really believe the world was made by some bearded invisible dude 2000 years ago if you want. I wont judge.

But for fucks shake leave those who believe in facts and research alone. Don't act like 4000bc humans who couldnt explain shit and tied it all to "the gods"

Forgot to add that science and proof requires hard effort and work to get. While religion is just brainless belief.

No wonder its so spread all over the globe.
Really makes you think.

im telling erdogan...rip bro

quality reply you got there.

Lithuania
Roman Catholic

You're the best countries on int

even if god exists I bet he doesn't even know let alone care about your bumfuck country

>why am i trying so hard to make me think that i should believe in a figure depicted only in tales and stories where it supposedly intervened with the humans.
I'm not, at all. I don't you I don't give a shit what you do or don't believe in. I told you that being so sure of your superior scientific intellect is just ignorant stupidity which you will realize when you're older.

You're also assuming way too much here, science and religion can coexist. I don't follow any specific religion btw, but I can admit that the possibility of God cannot be ruled out even from a logical/scientific standpoint.

dude shoot yourself in the head cuck russian
:D::D:D

go be retarded elsewhere friend

flag
Dankostic
>"Does God exist?"
Only if it can dab

Obviously agnostic, you can't tell if something like God exist, and ofc I'm not talking of a traditional theistic God, which is obviously does not exist, I'm just thinking: what if some extraterrestrial being with powers which we consider godlike exist, that surely can be counted as some sort of "God"

>dude arguing about religion calling others retarded
::::::::::::::::::D

if you are not Catholic you will go to hell

fuck off normie

>I can admit that the possibility of God cannot be ruled out even from a logical/scientific ...
>agnostic intellectuals
nah, you're just retarded that's all

Germany
Southern Baptist