South Australia has lost power

South Australia has lost power.

What does your country do during power outage?

Listen to the gunfire from the hood.

>there's a south australia

read a book

>not even 5 and this sad cunt has the candles out

They said it'll be out till tomorrow so w/e

enjoy waking up to mad max tomorrow lad

>out till tomorrow so w/e
Lol what?

If I don't have power for more than a hour i spreg out and start calling my energy provider and yell.

Our main power source is a line from Victoria. If that gets cut there's no redundancy. It's actually god-awful and there's nothing we can do about it because government is cuck

my house lost power because of flooding about a year ago, didnt get it back for 5 or 6 days it was hell
ended up just lying around doing nothing at all

last 10 years my city never lost the power. We can lost radiation in laboratory, but not the power.

So you got only 1 power plant that your city/town/village is connected to?

Kinda shit desu and dangerous. I mean our army even trains getting the power sources up and running and cables fixed during a hybrid war with you-know-who.

>first world

Should have read a book or something bro

It's not one area, it's the entire state and it's the size of euro countries

We have a shitload of solar and wind power but it's not made to work as a primary power source. Government shut down most of the coal and gas plants in SA to "go green".

How do they keep phone signal up during power cuts? Satellites or something?

Backup generators primarily. Unfortunately not everyone can afford to have one of those in their backyard

Electro-magnetic pulses from nuclear explosions, bitch, and you won't need the cables and electricity.

>power goes out in SA
>literally nothing changes

generators, satellites, land lines run on their own electrical system.

is this the first time SA has ever made the news?

I have never seen a South Australia post on Cred Forums

I honestly forget it exists most of the time, at least WA has spicy memes about GST and muh minerals

EMP at my city would turn off Kaliningrad as well and a nuke, well I wouldn't care about a nuke because I'd prolly be dead.

Besides kaliningrad troops train in a situation of heavy artillery/airforce bombardment and no communication so it's not just us that wants to protect ourselfs :^)

Aren't south australians just inbred hicks

They're like a wannabe fake brand version of Melbourne, who is a wannabe try hard version of San Francisco

Oh god that sounds fucking awful, almost as bad as Vancouver

>never get big floods
>never have huge storms
>never have big heatwaves
>never has a harsh winter
>literally the only place people outside of the country are aware of

How can other states even begin to hope to compete with NSW?

I'm from Barossa region tho where everyone is trying to be rich wine people or german settlers from the 1800s. Literally no in between.

I only remember two times when it happened for more than a few minutes. Once a heavy stormlight fucked the cables so I just went out to have some drinks and another time it lasted for several hours but I was in school so we just keep doing what we used to do.

>>never get big floods
Turn on the news m8

areas that aren't inner sydney don't count

has looting and rioting started yet?

Power is back in Adelaide mates

Gonna go down to HJs now and get meself a whopper

>not looting your local hjs or maccas when there was no power

Usually we freeze to death.

It's much worse than that m8, were literally Detroit-tier and the state government won't do anything because they're corrupt to the core.

How can an entire state lose it's power in this day and age?

>mfw the storm is bypassing Victoria and heading straight to NSW and QLD

I typically lose power once every summer for 12 hours to 2 days. Happens every year like clockwork.

I just wait it out. Battery powered fans to keep air circulating. Drive around in the car.

Too many old people here for that kind of shit to happen

For once were not in the news for our serial killers and undrinkable water

>sa fell for the natural power meme

For fuck's sake, it's we're not were

It somehow manages to be even less relevant than Tasmania

What's with state power inter-connectors being down?

Last year it was the one between Tasmania and Victoria - when they were running out of power because of a drought, this year between South Australia and Victoria when there is a flood.

Is it the New Zealanders doing a test run before they invade?

Tasmania = best state?

There's like 10 people in Tasmania, their hydro power is just a water wheel attached to jacqui lambies house

Haha it must be a south Australian thing much like our wines and our quasi English accents

You should ask Crimeans about it.

Listen to the propane powered generator kick on. Then switch to cellular data for shitposting.
Wait a few hours.

I have never experienced a blackout in my entire life.

It's pretty scary when they escape from prison, you should be thankful.

2 winters ago we lost power for 14 days follwing an ice storm, some homes as long as 3 weeks. Then again the following summer for over a week.

No electricity in summer is unbearable

I usually rob stores because no camera
I got nice phone last time

>not mad wax

ok

i assume this makes sense in europe

If it's late enough so I go sleep and hope it's fixed by the next day. If not, read a book or something

Is it because wax melts?