Is there literally anyone on earth who doesn't think English is the easiest language?

Is there literally anyone on earth who doesn't think English is the easiest language?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonemic_orthography
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is there literally anyone on earth who doesn't think English is the easiest language?
everyone who doesn't have english as a first language

It's easier in some regards, like our non-gendered nouns, and simplified conjugations, but the fact that we have so many roots and it's not a phonetic language can make it harder and rules less stringent.

A few outlying sounds being different doesn't mean it isn't phonetic

Pronounce the letter C for me.

English is not a phonetic language.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonemic_orthography

It is an orthographic nightmare.

No, mandarin isn't a phonetic language, do you think the Phoenician language was entirely phonetic? No, they don't even have consonants, yes, not every sound is laid out in the alphabet, but I don't think you realize how many distinct sounds there are or the fact that language except maybe one created recently solely for this purpose is completely phonetic. You can't tell me that English words are as hard to discern as pictograms

Vowels*

>A phonemic orthography is an orthography (system for writing a language) in which the graphemes (written symbols) correspond to the phonemes (significant spoken sounds) of the language. Languages rarely have perfectly phonemic orthographies; a high degree of grapheme-phoneme correspondence can be expected in orthographies based on alphabetic writing systems, but they differ in how complete this correspondence is. English orthography, for example, is alphabetic but highly nonphonemic.

Jew
Joo
You

is that the "gotta get a gook" lady

kek

You don't know how weird English sounds for us.

It's so fucking soft and fast

French is the best language

Highly non-phonemic doesn't equate to not phonetic. The people who perpetuate this are tumblrinas who want to think they learned something difficult. You can pretty easily guess the exact or near pronunciation of a word based on spelling, you can't do that AT ALL in a non phonetic language. English also doesn't have many of the more difficult sound distinctions like tone and doesn't have the trilled r.

>You can pretty easily guess the exact or near pronunciation of a word based on spelling
Yes, but you can't guess the spelling based on pronunciation.

Esperanto estas pli facila ol la angla.

If a turd has some pieces of undigested corn kernels is it suddenly not a turd anymore?

Jes, ĝi estas pli facila, ankaŭ la anglan estas tre malfacila kompare kun ne hindeŭropan lingvojn

I bet a much higher percentage of native russian speakers speak english than english speakers speak russian, being the lingua franca and the relative difficulty to all languages are factors.
Languages weren't standardized until recently if you look at all of human history, writing takes a distant second in the learning of a language anyway.

If your argument was to suggest that that means English isn't phonetic you achieved the opposite.

it's a meme about lingua franca

Honestly English doesn't deserve to be. Russian too

Only French does.

That's all.

You can guess the spelling in Spanish based on pronunciation.
Mate, English is not a phonetic language, I don't know why have trouble with this.

Deservin' aint got nothin to do with it

you literally write -aj as -y in why, sky and etc

it's so fucking wierd

why you can't you the icelandic or sweden orphography? it's a quite better

Your country shows it. You are not an united nation, just a field for a different nations.

Just like Russia, but we, at least, have one history.

It might not be as consistent as most phonetic languages but that is still miles away from being "non phonetic", try looking at an actually non phonetic language like mandarin or cuniform

This is true.

in fairness his country has very little to do with why english is the lingua franca

that's a very modern development

The UK propagated, but the US solidified. The US-enforced post-WWII peace has take English very far in the world, to places that would never have used it before.

As non native english talker i agreed elish is ez for me kek:D