British """"""""""""""""""""""houses""""""""""""""""""""""

>british """"""""""""""""""""""houses""""""""""""""""""""""

Literally everything I've seen about the UK makes it seem like a third world shithole

because it is

They look like creatures from The Witcher.
We tried to warn the world about the English people, nobody listened.

Because there are no ugly people in France after all.

Says that guy when it's not rare that people in Paris region live in flats of 9 square meters for 500 and even more € per month.

He don't speak about that you stupid fuck

English women are so inbred looking they all have spread out eyes and weird faces.

The UK would be livable if they razed every building/road/piece of infrastructure to the ground and rebuilt it in a sensible way and lost about 80% of their population

US may have quite a few fatties, but jesus, when I went to England the people looked inbred as fuck. Just tons of deranged, deformed, mental invalids everywhere.

Tiny island, tiny gene pool.

I've said it for years but the world would have been better off if the entire british isles had sank into the sea sometime around 1954

There's a reason why goblins in fantasy rpg's usually have a british accent

> All these jealous and smelly foreigners.

LMAO

Don't forget the giant foreheads

Luckily for France, your women have been breeding with Blacks and Arabs for decades.

That looks comfy.

I always thought there were plenty of hot English women... Well, you know... Until they open their mouths and start speaking, anyway.
Most of the time that accent is just an instant soft-on.

>bedroom downstairs
>kitchen and bathroom are upstairs
good option if you're broke, you can rent whole apartment and live alone without roommates

>we sacrificed this for mud-people

Isn't housing in Britain surprisingly expensive though? I mean 60 million people or however many living on an island so small you could jump it with a jetski. That's got to be cramped and pricey.

It's pricey in cities. Even you and Canada have that problem and you're yooj.

>cramped

Why what do you mean? There's plenty of room for more niggers, ship 'em in! we'll just build more tower blocks!

Fuck this country.

Houses are built for families. You should live in some sort of capsule hotel like the japs.

UK needs commie blocks, those halfhouses are a waste of space, I was amazed how flat you build everything
cold too

True. Glad I don't live in a big city, really. We still get ripped off a little on rent here, but it's nowhere near as bad as somewhere like Sydney.
>tower blocks
>not cramped
Nah mate. Nah.

even japanese houses are larger than uk's tho

>Nah mate. Nah.
He was being sarcastic m8

You mean sometime around 1054 ?

I can't imagine brits living a wholesome family life.

Brits might as well go the Matrix route living in capsules, hooked up directly to the internet while they're fed their own shit.

Basically London is extortionate, a few other cities are expensive.

You can still live in them. Besides, thatched cottages never existed in the industrial or financial cities for obvious reasons. But yeah, we should just get red of the mud people because they're disgusting subhumans.

this is the narrowest house in the world
but I admit it's not made of brick

some artist lived there

Most houses in USA and Australia have one floor

Lol, there's no way the average new build here is 76m2. New build detached homes are mainly 100-150 m2 with some bigger ones. It must be apartments and affordable housing dragging it down.

Kind of agree. All that industrial revolution terraced housing needs to go. Some of them in my city have been demolished and replaced with better social housing but there's still a long way to go before they're all gone.

Did anyone else imagine the Dursleys' house to be much bigger in the books, than it was in the movie? They're supposed to be fairly affluent. Are small houses the rule of thumb for upper class families in the UK?

>upper class

Stop using terms you don't understand

Houses like those are more of a lower middle and working class thing. Upper class people generally live in big old Victorian houses as well as America-tier sized new builds.

Britain is country that sacrificed their nice comfy old architecture and made into auto-oriented shithole like burger, only way smaller. So they didn't get anything out of it.

I see British people trying to copy everything American and it's fucking embarrassing. Be your own goddamn country.

Ok that makes a lot more sense

If we were going to copy America we'd build cheap houses out of wood.

Nobody copies anything America does, you've all got a reputation of being a bit retarded here.

>Britain is country that sacrificed their nice comfy old architecture and made into auto-oriented shithole like burger
What did he mean by this?

I do actually like the idea of a tiny, but functional house. Fuck apartments.

>Britain is country that sacrificed their nice comfy old architecture

Good. These huts looks like shit.

I dont know why foreigners think that we all live in terraced houses. Something like 50% of all people live in semi detatched houses?

Still better than commieblocks

>tfw have never had your own room

>dutch """"""""""""""""""""""houses""""""""""""""""""""""

you copied our language, dumb ass

No. Your commie blocks are at least modern.

Brits are still stuck in the feudal age.

cosy

my question is, are the stairs in the back or is there like a ladder in there?

But I hear my nighbour's pee. But i think you're right, britain is much worse for life than western Russia

do you hear them fuck?

I don't know about ruskies, but our commie blocks have all sort of weird shit like pipes sticking out and the plumbing ages like shit.
The central heating make it so the bathrooms are damp and warm year around and the worse building are always roach infested.

I dont, they're too old to fuck.

Yeah, sometimes, when they decide to fuck really hard with loud moans and shit.

Apparently the house has a triangular floor plan and is much wider in the back

This is the smallest house in Amsterdam

Looks comfy

I assume this is sarcasm

If I were single, with no kids and lived in Amsterdam, I would totally live in that place. Unfortunately I'm an American with a huge house two kids a wife and two SUVs.... so maybe in another life.

>expensive flats in world cities
>thw same as the shitty council housibg spread all over England

And you're often jerking off and crying because of your loneliness

I was living in Scotland for about 6 years and this is not sarcasm. Awful place. I'd prefer to live in Mexico

I've heard apartments in central Paris are crap tho, really old too.

That house is dope, white boi. It's got a crown and shit.

Italians do it with stye at least

Those Hausmann-era apartments are pretty comfy desu

Superior Russian houses for all your big paki english speaking family.

Delusion then

Ah yes, the famous "but white americans" disclaimer

Why
I read an article about many of them being in poor condition, but that was ages ago.

i wonder what the inside looks like

true
also the guy is some middle asian immigrant and the girl is light-haired blue-eyed ethnic russian girl
sometimes i hear she screams ' yes, fuck me with your gorgeous brown Cock, oh so nice, i love you baby, please impregnate and dump me, i am your russian cumslut. make me pregnant and some pathetic russkie '''''man'''''' will raise your kid'

Thats because you were in scotland...

I thought Americans mostly lived in two-storey houses.
Anyway those numbers are total floorspace.

it depends on the area. Along the east and west coast you will mostly see two story houses in the suburbs. in middle america it is much more likely to be single story, particularly in rural areas.

An american couldn't fit in there.

Yeah, that's how they managed to conquer a third of the world right? Coz let's be honest, the time where the french "warned the world" certainly isn't today

>tfw HK

thank god my house is 3k+ sq ft tho

>spread out eyes

LMAO! This is so fucking true. I work with an English immigrant and she has this lol

If that happened, no world economy. No internet. No communication.
Litterally nothing

>b8 brings h8

In Hong Kong? You're either wildly wealthy or lying.

Burn right here fellah's

>Muh large American houses
British houses are relatively small because British cities grew organically, as a place for people to live. The center of British cities, and many other cities in Europe, is something like a church or a river or a market square or another place where people tend to gather. You can easily make your way around the city by foot if you want to, because they were designed to be navigated on foot.

American cities and especially suburbs are built for cars, not for people. The dream of Suburbia is a large house with a white picket fence... and no real sidewalks, bicycle lanes etc. You NEED a car to get around. You cannot simply walk to the supermarket, but you need to get in your SUV, drive to the nearest strip mall (something unheard of in Europe), do your groceries there and burn a gallon of gasoline to buy a gallon of milk.

American houses are so large because anytime there's a need for housing, Americans just plop down another suburban "house park" and call it a day. It's a storage for excess population rather than a place to truly live.

This is a good post.

I ll agree with that

And my new build is 330sqm, 215 is shit small for Australia as well.

Our houses arent huge, its just that our town planning opted to do urban sprawl only like 50 years into the colony. So for most of our history its like 1920s style urban sprawl which makes our average house size just a family house usually 1 story too

>He doesn't have 2 cars each and enjoy burning fuel.

I actually have 3 now that work gave me one.

How does Australia have bigger houses than the US? I thought most of the populations were centered around the cities, which tends to lead to smaller houses?

And the rest was pretty much uninhabitable except by your abo savages

>tfw he nailed it on the head

Fuck this place, you have no idea how boring suburbia is.

but totally inaccurate

Most american suburbs have walking paths, and other athletic areas for people. It is very easy to walk to a local market. Do people actually use them? that's a big no, and we are too dependent on our cars.

But to say that Americans don't build their communities around people is a total fallacy.

Outside of the cities, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, say 15 minute drive?

All turns into picture related. Biggest house you can build on what ever block you can get.

Average Sydney house price is 1,000,000 but you get a lot of house for that the majority of the time.

Also this. Most europoors I feel have never visited Australia or the U.S you can walk or ride to any local shop that gets developed around the suburbs

I'm more curious about the one with skulls, a cross, and xxx symbol.
A satanic church maybe?

What? A lot of suburbs have sidewalks but they're fucking miles form any grocery store.

Even in places where you could feasibly do it, people have become so used to using their cars to get anywhere they can't conceive of actually using their feet.

Still seems rare as fuck, which is why it's so expensive. This is a house you can get in a good part of California for about $200k.

Lol, a house like that here where I'm at in Cali would be like $900k

I think I just said the same thing. It's feasible to walk to grocery stores (hell I see elderly korean women doing all the time) but most americans are too lazy to try. Where I live - Northern Virginia -- it is totally plausible to walk to a store. But most Americans simply do not do that.

More broadly, we get a lot tourists in my region. I run a lot in downtown DC. You'd be shocked at how fat Americans have become. What really gets to me is the children - so fat that they have bowed legs, and you know they will never recover.

genuinely jelly of hour gigantic aussie homes are desu
>tfw you will always be a bong
>tfw you will always live in a semi-detached 3 bed

>hour
how*

Well you're right that's why I want us to start retrofitting them and implementing steps to get rid of cars. Make them based around pedestrian travel.

But fucking everyone I talk to can't even fucking conceive of a world where they don't use a car to travel even though they already exist.

People wanting to live in isolating shitty tract suburbs will never make sense to me.

maybe you should move to NY or DC. Practically no one has cars in these areas. I was just speaking with a coworker from NY who is moving abroad and said this wil be first time she needs to have a car (she's going to a developing country and needs a driver/car).

They're still filled with cars though. NY would be extremely easy to turn into a city where there are no cars at all, and you can walk freely in the streets.

It'd be way quieter and air quality would improve.

I've read up on this ones guys design plans for making American cities as dependent on cars as Venice is.

I agree with you. parts of DC are essentially like this. The White House area is all pedestrian.So is most of the mall, from a functional standpoint.

It's an early 17th century gate for a church. The xxx symbol is from the coat of arms of Amsterdam. You can see it anywhere, the flag, lamp posts, traffic bollards, etc. It's pretty cool.

>The xxx symbol is from the coat of arms of Amsterdam

I was told the 3 x symbols stands for Loyalty, Bravery, and Courage.
True?

>argentine """"""""""""""""""""""houses""""""""""""""""""""""

Awesome architecture though

>>tfw you will always live in a semi-detached 3 bed
You could buy a full-detached home

mad jelly desu

>this houses

let's not also forget who had you under their control in the past

The meaning of the crosses isn't clear, there are many theories floating around about it. Although they're certain it dates back from the 14th century when Amsterdam got it's city rights.
It probably has something do with the coat of arms of the Persijn family, one of the founding families of Amsterdam

yeah like when that british school was shot up yesterday haha

it would have happened if historical happenstance hadn't prevented guns from being as popular in britain as they are in america

>it would have happened if [..]
but it didn't
and it didn't happen the other 30 times this year either

100 schoolchildren beating each other with weapons still seems pretty third world

people who lived in glasses houses shouldn't throw stones

>people who lived in glasses houses shouldn't throw stones
that is exactly what you did within the first post of the thread
for every dailymail jpeg of that same story you could post, i could find an individual story about a shooting in a well off area, as opposed to some shitty london borough

have some self-awareness

t. Nigel in holidays
I know your shitty island is too cramped, but you have to go back

>that is exactly what you did within the first post of the thread
But I came to this thread 8 hours late.
>for every dailymail jpeg of that same story you could post, i could find an individual story about a shooting in a well off area, as opposed to some shitty london borough
I could do so to, but the repeat of the story was to sink it in.
>have some self-awareness
This works both ways

>This works both ways
the fuck are you talking about? you think if you keep spamming the same story of a one-off incident that didn't affect anybody outside of the dipshits who were fighting, it'll make me see the light of living in some terrible country or something?
i'm not acting as if i live in a perfect country but the short-sightedness of american posters on this board truly astound me

here it depends on location mostly, if this were near london it would be worth at least £1-2 million, if not then probably £500,000-£1,000,000 nearby any other city.

Same in USA as well. You could buy a mansion is Alabama for the same price as a single story house in SoCal.

Of course Alabama is a shithole so that's why.

would like a huge rural mansion to getaway to desu

Just become bigger bro

>upper-class
Dude what, the Dursleys are solidly (even stereotypically) middle-class people who live in a stereotypically middle-class, semi-detatched house.

Britain is the best country in the world

If i lift more can i buy a house which overlooks the sea in maine? Or oregon, whichever is nicer in winter.

They live in a barrat home, they are lower middle

Just be thankful after being the world's first industrialised country that we've got as much countryside left as we have considering we're an island with over 60m people on it. Something like 50% of the landmass isn't built on or is countryside, mountains/hills, lakes, woods, etc.

Nah, they're more or less dead centre middle-class. Besides, Vernon Dursley is the director of some drill company, which isn't a lower-middle class position at all.

They have lower middle class tastes. Net curtains and a parochial small c conservatism.

Actually 98% of England is not built upon

Middle class = bikes, and lentils.

Fuck Maine, Oregon rules!

Bullshit, I'm sure London alone accounts for more than 2% of England.

population wise but not in use of landspace

This was something that annoyed the shit out of me when I visited America.

Had to drive for at least 15 minutes to get anywhere, couldn't walk.

Even outside of London and other cities, British housing is unaffordably expensive. Some shit hole, tiny attached home in a small, shitty village will still run you hundreds of thousands of pounds.

prettier but less history

I've been to the US and you're partially correct. In some suburbs you can go on foot to a market, store or pharmacy, because it's very close. But that's on good neighborhoods, for actual rich people.

In shitty developments, further away, the "suburbian" feel is much more artificial. It's like the illusion of the american dream. Sure, you get a big house, but you have to drive at least 10 to 20 minutes to go anywhere, and that "anywhere" is usually a walmart or the home depot. European working-class small towns are comfier desu

is he , its just that as said they act lower middle class and look lower middle and decorate their house as such.
In fairness is quite old now so the absence of a flatscreen and speakers and a big computer sort of influences my view.

modernism is shit, shit!

No. They specifically mention in the book that they live in an "executive houses for executive people". The exact model of home in the same neighborhood in surrey that they shot in sells for about 500k pounds.

They were'nt at all lower or middle class. They were lower upper class and just had shit taste.

No, they aren't. See:

only brutalism ma man

Because we dont want foot traffic near our homes. Foot traffic brings niggers.

Thats a lower middle class house then. I live in Surrey and all the ones in my close go for £2,000,000 and they aren't even "executive houses" its a middle class neighbourhood. "executive houses" are the mansions which are like £3-5 million, there are quite a few of them nearby.

Thus there is a discrepancy between the films and the books.

British housing is literally some of the worst in the developed world. I've been there quite a bit and it is awful. Often you can't even open the doors fully as rooms are too small. Bedrooms often only have room for a single bed and a nightstand. It is just so cramped and uncomfortable and there is no storage at all. Not to mention that some attached house that is practically unfit to live in will still cost you 10-15x the average salary in many places. I can't understand why people stay behind and dont just emigrate to a better place.

Because i am in a comfy leafy private close with a large modern house with a 15 minute walk to my train station which takes me into central london, a 2 minute walk to my local pub and a 4 minute walk to the high street.

>2 million pound house
>middle class

Yeah, no. You are wrong.

They aren't upper class at all, they're just snobby people, which is one of the negative stereotypes about being middle-class.

I'm a 5 min walk to my local rail, have the local bar at the end up my street, and shopping about a 5 min walk away. Literally everything I need is within a 5 min walk. There are many areas like this in the US. Yet I was still able to get a nice house for a tiny fraction of what it would cost in the UK.

More upper-middle class. They aren't super wealthy or anything, but they are well to do and earn much more than the average.

It's nicknamed "Slice of Polenta"

That's probably it, in a sense. I was in a small town in New England and I asked people there don't they at least have public transportation and more public spaces like townsquares and small markets, and the general impression is that they kept things isolated because they didn't want poor people to start pouring in.

The result of that is a very desolated, almost inhuman community where people drive everywhere and rarely bump into each other except for their immediate neighbors. But yes, very few minorities around I guess...

>outer wall chimneys
no wonder why global warming is a thing, these inbreds literally dispose half of their coal for heating the outsides

Correct, in America we hate other people. It's all about being a rugged individual making it on your own.

Well I don't but that's the cultural idea

Yes, upper-middle class. House prices are a lot higher here.

Sounds like you have it nicely, i for one am comfortable, other people might not be, i suppose the idea of moving countries is quite scary; away from friends and families, a different culture too in America. Apparently its hard to get citizenship too.

You do realize that anyone who has money for a 2 million pound home is comfortably upper class, right?

No, upper-middle. I know upper class people, they have stately country homes, houses in central london , £5 million mansions and yachts. Shit, one guy i know, his family has a castle.

That is upper-upper class. Even David Cameron, the quintessential upper-class toff only has a net worth of 3.8 million. and couldn't afford a 2 million pound home.

HOLY SHIT USA BTFO

says the country with shit tier street.

A farm which is built around 1600 in my municipality is being destroyed right now..

It's behind my house...
Why?

Shit-tier streets? Our road infrastructure is leagues ahead of Britain.

Pretty soon the Brits will be all living like battery hens in little cages.

You say that like it's a bad thing. People don't need big houses really.

Sounds like life in Britain has broken your soul, lad

Its not really like that though. If you live in a city like London etc then you are going to pay tonnes for not much room but are people in NYC and LA any better off in that regard?

Pretty much any Brit in the lower middle to middle-middle class can end up in a housing project like pic related.

If you are more solidly middle income you can probably move up to a bit better than this i.e more garden space / space around the outside of property.Around where I live there are couple stretches of road which the houses are usually between 4-5 bedrooms and have about 5m on either side with hedgerows and then 15m in front and behind and these would be about £500k-600k which a traditional slightly above middle income family could afford.

My family personally is pretty middle-income and lives in a detached 4 bedroom with about 20sqm of backgarden and about 5sqm in front, nearest house probably about 15m away from boundary.

Hardly hell tier, sure the UK has smaller and more expensive housing than the anglo-sphere but we aren't much worst than most of Europe. Just most of our meme-pictures come from poor-northern estates and London.

People also don't need internet, appetizing food, or phones

>Pretty much any Brit in the lower middle to middle-middle class can end up in a housing project like pic related.

Not true at all. Those homes would, even if in a tiny shit town, cost upwards of 250k pounds. Anywhere near the southeast or within reasonable driving distance of even a small a city they'd easily be over 450. Anywhere near a large city the sky would be the limit.

it looks comfy as fuck if u ask me

No, I'm fine.

I just tell myself that one day it'll all be over and that helps me to get through the day.

Because your family either bought their homes some time ago or got on the property ladder many years ago.

Even a couple both on average incomes today can barely afford a 1 bedroom flat anywhere in the southern half of the UK.

Class in Britain really isn't about how much you earn. It's about your background and attitude to life.

The Dursleys had lower middle class tastes at best.

The Weasleys on the other hand, were upper middle class, despite their lack of wealth.

The people who came from prestigious pureblood wizarding families and aristocracy and the like would be upper class.

Davie's net worth is 50 million and he is currently renting a £16 million house in notting hill.

which class was hermione?

>mfw everyone hates us and we don't give a shit

>implying we hate you

I do hate you

Dont hate you. Just think your country is a bit shit, mate.

Just kidding ;)

Maybe my info is about 5 years out of date then, better news for my family then as if that is the case their property is easily 600k.

Most working middle class families are on the property ladder, we aren't talking about millennials really.

The thing is though is that these highly valued properties are owned by middle/upper class people who have families and at some point in time that will get handed to their next generation. If you are the children of people on the property ladder you essentially don't have it too bad, yo pretty much live cheap and save your own cash then you inherit/get gifted it by gparents/parents to get onto it yourself.

Former Brit here. It is shit.

You do realize that inflated housing values increase property taxes by a huge amount. There's also the small matter of the UK's massive inheritance tax. If your family passes a property on to you, they'll be handing you a huge tax burden.

You have to go back, we don't want your annoying accent and ugly British face here

It isn't better news for your family as the wealth isn't real. All other homes are equally inflated and you need someplace to live, so that money isnt accessible. All it means is that they have to pay more tax.

Too late, laddo. I've already got my citizenship. Got to vote for Brexit and then I get to turn around and vote for Trump all in one year. Its going to be meme magic.

as long as you don't go posting racist memes

>this coming from an American

It's true Yanks fail at irony.

I'm a British-US dual citizen. Grew up in the UK.

No one cares. You're all American now and thus a cunt. We can tell by your posts how much of an insufferable cunt you are.

ITT: Yanks, who have never set foot on this island, make generalisations about us based on memes and Daily Mail articles.

>not even enough space for a twin bed

I guess he's a permavirgin

You sound a bit jealous, tbqhwy laddo

TRAITORS OUT

>"Waah Britain is shit"
>Vote Brexit, help make it even shitter
>Lives in USA, won't have to deal with fallout

Thanks mate.

I'm a British citizen and spent the first 30 years of my life there.

there's no need to bully bro

B-but he voted for britain to get its sovereignty back. It was a nice good-bye gift.

Traitors? I left the country, just like most of the productive, intelligent people of Britain in decades past. The UK is unfit to live in and punishes success. It betrayed itself.

>not supporting Brexit

lad...

>I left the country, just like most of the productive, intelligent people of Britain in decades past.
calm down lad, it's only britain, not the fucking former soviet states of eastern europe

How can Brits even compete?

o-okay

Why would I? You said it yourself, Britain is shit. It's not like withdrawing from the EU is going to make anything better.

> it's only britain, not the fucking former soviet states of eastern europe

Pretty much is at this point. 50% tax rate above 40k income is absurd, especially when you already have massive additional taxes like council tax and a VAT approaching 20%. And then you have Corbyn who literally wants to turn the UK into the USSR.

>1696 was 1 billion years ago

You do realize that is an auction guide price, not an asking price, and that it will likely sell for over 200k pounds, right?

bit crooked no?

I was there for over a month this summer it's honestly really shit. Northern Wales was way better than the entire time I spent in England

I don't mean to scare you, but Wales is still part of Britain.

is this house haunted?

Spent 7 years living in Britain and have family and a girlfriend that live there. I visit regularly. It is honestly pretty shit.

>thinks that auction guide price is an asking price
>fails to notice that the exact same houses on the same street are selling for over 200k pounds so bidding will go higher
>its a shitty, tiny cramped, outdated house
>in the middle of nowhere in a shit town that nobody wants to live in

Wow, such a great value. You sure showed up how affordable Britain is...

>which class was hermione?
Her father was a dentist so upper-middle class.

>140k pound starting auction price
>on a house in a tiny shithole northern town
>nearly in scotland
>its a shit house as well

Jesus

what about their tastes?

Apparently according to your fellow brits in this thread, even company executives who live in 2 million pound houses aren't upper middle class

That's just one retard.

The Durleys are meant to be caricatures of middle-class snobs who live reasonably well, but think they're better than they actually are. They aren't lower- or upper-middle class, they're right in the middle.

I wouldn't say middle at all. They're upper-middle class people who have poor tastes. "New money" types.

If you are referring to me, Its not worth 2 million and he is not upper middle, he is lower/middle middle.

He's a director and lives in a 400k pound home. He isn't at all lower-middle class.

and the 2 mil was in reference to another poster who said that 2 mil pound homes were for middle class people.

you are retarded my man

this guy definitely knows what he's talking about

that was me m8

that just puts him in the middle, he is at best middle middle.

>it's a "foreigners think london is the entire UK" episode
really sick of this one desu

majority of the uk is towns and villages

No, I'm sorry. You are absolutely wrong. Middle class people are not directors at companies and living in 400k pound houses. The average salary in the UK is about 25k pounds.

That house would be like 3/4 of a million quid+ even in a poor location you nonce.

you could buy a place like that in Wales for 250k

and even in small market towns nowhere near London, the housing is absolutely unaffordable and subpar.

nah you're extremely over exaggerating and that house a typical rural home

the rest are new builds but even they are better than the city housing you pass off as commonplace

Yeah, but there's the downside: it's in Wales.

Wales is nicer than most parts of England these days, Paki

No it isn't.

This is what 250k pounds will buy you even in a shitty little welsh town like Pontypridd.

Yes they are. When i went to school the school fees were £35,000 a year, and about half the pupils were middle class.

>that house a typical rural home

No, it fucking isn't lad.

British houses are a joke
I live in a fucking 1 room 'studio apartment' in one of the poorest cities in the country that costs me £650 a month when all bills are considered.
I can literally open my microwave with my foot if I lay on the end of my bed.
My hobby is playing with fucking doll houses because they are so big and have multiple floors. I like to role play with the dolls kek, creating tenancy documents for them and pretending that they all live in a different room of the doll house because their nation allowed mass migration across several decades. I would probably kill myself if I didn't have my dolls. fuck this shithole, I wish I was a yank or an aussie

you wouldn't find a house like that in Pontypridd, dumb yank

nice rebuttal, paki

How does that even have any connection with what I said?

forgot to attach pic

>yfw you realise a doll house is bigger than the average house in britain

See:I forgot to attach the picture

t. David Jenkins
I know that you're bitter your dad lost his job at the steel mill but you've got to let it go.

Point is the middle class here has higher bounds than it must have in America, a £400k house does not put you in the upper middle class, private schooling and a multi-million house is upper middle, if you also factor in tastes he is clearly lower middle/middle middle.

>Wales is nicer than most parts of England these days,
hugh jones pls go

He is a director at a large company. He is certainly upper-middle class.

Good post

fantasy movie characters always have british accents because we are god tier
>ameriblobs on pooicidewatch

>all the country bumpkins, poor folk and scummy soldiers in TW3 have British accents
>all the cool, sexy witchers have American accents

Well he must be paid piddles if all he can manage is a £400,000 house, a director should have a £3-5,000,000 house. If a large company then probably £16,000,000

The reason is because there is not one british accent, there are several and the type of british accent is a good indicator of class.
Thus the wizard or lord will have an upper class british accent to signify power and superiority while a goblin will have a lower class one to signify thuggery and inferiority.

>famous british actors

The average director makes like £100k a year (even less in the early 1990s when HP is set). How are you supposed to afford a £16m house on that?

My girlfriend's father is a very well-paid director at one of the largest companies in his industry in the middle of London. He lives in a similar 400k home.

what sort of companies only pay that? A plumbing one?

Does he have more than one house though?

Generally, one should buy a home that is 3-4x annual pre-tax income. Somebody earning over 100k pounds a year isn't middle class. An income of 110k is in the 98th percentile in the UK.

An income of 110k is in the 98th percentile in the UK. Somebody earning 100k is definitely at the very leas

-t upper-middle class.

>what sort of companies only pay that? A plumbing one?
Well, Vernon did work for a drill company.

seems like i must clarify:
10-30k =lower class or a teacher
30-60k=upper lower or a teacher
60-90k=lower middle or a teacher
90-150=middle middle
150-250=upper middle
250-1m=lower upper
1m-5m=middle upper
inherited it all /5m+= upper upper/ new money

in regards to percentiles: we have a large lower class, 3rd world immigrants haven't helped.

So somebody making more than twice the national average income is upper lower class? By that definition almost all of the country is lower class.

>Puertorrican """"""""""""""""""""""houses""""""""""""""""""""""

Did you use a random number generator to come up with these figures?

yes it fucking is

but i guess i wouldn't know my own country
or rural houses despite living in them for the majority of my life

spastic

this is literally bullshit

I'm British you nonce

That is correct, have you ever been here?

consider a train driver on the london underground earns 50k, is he middle class? Or a self-employed electrician who earns 80k, is he middle class?

highly doubt that if you don't know what a typical rural home looks like

either that or you're some city ponce who doesn't know an aga from his elbow

>who earns 80k, is he middle cla

Yes. Unless cereal costs 1k a box

I was born there and lived there for 30 years.

he is pushing the bounds on lower middle but i wouldn't say he is solidly middle class

>consider a train driver on the london underground earns 50k, is he middle class?
Yes

80k is in the 96th percentile in the UK, so I'd say that is doing pretty well.

Why are you in Yankland? Holiday?
Where did you live?

He's in the 96th percentile for income. If that's lower-middle then 96 percent of the UK is below lower-middle

a bloody train driver isn't middle class you twit, he is upper lower.

Why the percentile obsession friend? Thats not how the class system works

>Cred Forums - International Real Estate

I emigrated

sorry i need to correct myself
he is comfortably lower middle

these absolute children who think 80k is lower class or lower middle

>a bloody train driver isn't middle class you twit, he is upper lower.
Based on what exactly?

Its exceptionally stupid. 80 is a very high income in the UK.

Lower middle is still middle

Out of curiosity, was it due to housing or work or relationships or what? Also where did you move to?

t.runt

Middle Class in US is 40-140

t. an actual child with no concept of monetary value

Profession for a start, he is a train driver.

lower class: 100k/pa
Unless you're in london

Housing, pay, taxes and culture. Couldn't wait to get out, honestly. Very glad I did.

You probably grew up in different environs,If you think 80k is a very high income , where are you from?
I appreciate It would be very high for a student and high for someone starting out after uni or for a tradesperson but as an middle/upper-middle class adult?

This is much more accurate. Though I'd say even that is a little high.

>Having a class system based society

80k is in the 96th percentile in the UK.

>2016 and people are still using upper/middle/lower instead of the 7 new categories as defined by the Great British Class Survey of 2013

Im from Surrey so i probably have a different experience to the other anons then.

What about the 3rd world prisons and justice system, mc mansions , lack of public transport, no free healthcare and huge distances between things? Or have i stereotyped and it is more varied than that?

>You probably grew up in different environs,If you think 80k is a very high income
it's not VERY high but it 100% a middle class income

>You probably grew up in different environs,If you think 80k is a very high income , where are you from?
Statistically, it is a very high income though. Very few people earn that much in the UK and the it's triple the average full-time wage.

lower middle is middle, i was wrong earlier and corrected myself.

Much more varied. The healthcare is more expensive but much better quality. McMansions are only in certain areas. 3rd world prisons are only a problem if you are a criminal minority. I live within a 5 min walk from everything I need.

By lower class standards its very high, its about average for lower middle and depending on location the middle middle.

He said Britain not America you retard.

In what fucking world is an income that is in the 96th percentile of all incomes in Britain lower or lower-middle class?

While I personally dislike suburbia a lot of people obviously enjoy them, and there is nothing wrong with having options.

It's even more than an MP's salary though.

what sort of climate do you get? Is there a lot of souls suburbia? Do they actually make their houses out of wood?

Warmer, sub tropical climate. There's some soulless suburban areas, but also loads of nice brick and stone historic homes. The housing in the US is much nicer than in Britain. I purchased a 2 story brick home on a half acre lot in a nice area in a large city for 80k pounds.

Go visit slough or luton or bradford to see why the statistics are as they are

MPs salaries aren't meant to be high, they are set low so that only people with other sources of income really go for them , its more of a stipend for them, its also not a full time job.
There are a few who stick it out but they are noticeably lower class and aren't usually the people elected.

What state have you taken up in.
Tbh that sounds like an extremely good deal, was that one of those nice brick houses?

Theyve no fucking clue what they're talking about. 80k is a decent salary anywhere in the UK and far, far, far above average.

South Carolina. I live in a 1940's brick and stone home. Solid masonry. The cardboard houses meme only really applies in the outer suburbs and only to cheap new builds.

Slough, Luton, and Bradford types only make up a small portion of the population. The stats are very representative. Incomes in the UK are shit and housing is massively expensive, even far out of London or the Southeast. Face it, the country has a huge housing bubble and much of the economy will go down when it collapses.

>Face it, the country has a huge housing bubble and much of the economy will go down when it collapses.
Good. Maybe then, I'll actually be able to afford a house one day.

>not dividing people into 3 classes:
>inner party, outer party and prols

Go look at your local high street or shopping district. Like every third space is occupied by an estate agent. The UK has the world's largest property bubble. At the same time, incomes are very low and not appreciably rising and the net worth of most British families is tied up in housing rather than liquid or semi-liquid investments. Housing prices cannot continue to be supported at the level they are. The whole British economy is a house of cards.

I don't really disagree, although it's not a subject I know much about.

My family don't own a house though, and I don't think we ever will unless that bubble bursts.

The bad part is that housing is tied up in so much that any decrease is prices would also have an effect on other areas of the economy. Prices would go down, but so would incomes.

Sounds nice and a very good deal for 80k, what style is it in?
So you live in an inner suburb, is it less ridiculously spaced out that the outer-wooden shit ones?
Finally, have you had to encounter lower class black people, would you say they are as dangerous as 4 chan makes them out to be?

I was talking about income and class but you are raising a relevant point. There have been claims the housing bubble will burst for decades, there have been slumps but i don't think there will ever be anything big enough to collapse the economy.
However in the past incomes have risen, they are currently stagnant, truth is nobody knows what the future holds.

I will admit, that is true, there are too many bloody estate agents, there are three just in my town

>Sounds nice and a very good deal for 80k, what style is it in?

1940's Craftsman style

>So you live in an inner suburb, is it less ridiculously spaced out that the outer-wooden shit ones?

Smaller yards than the suburbs but still huge by British standards. I actually live in the city, but it laid out more like a suburb. The suburbs actually have many brick homes. It isn't all wood. Thats only the really outer ring newer build ones.

>Finally, have you had to encounter lower class black people, would you say they are as dangerous as 4 chan makes them out to be?

Yes. They live like animals.

Probably far more than that. They're absolutely everywhere. I went into essex several months ago and it seemed like nearly 1/3 of the shops were occupied by estate agents.

houses like this are ridiculous, but i also dont get american's obsession with large as fuck houses.

Do they really need that much room ? or is it just a status thing ?

AMERICANS

class in uk has much more than just income. its ancestry, location, profession, education, culture etc

there are strong divisions in this country going back centuries splitting society into three social classes: lower, middle, upper.

lower class: labourers, factory works, miners, truck drivers, cleaners, shop assistant, call-centre, bus driver, taxi driver, small shop owners (grocer, bakery, butcher etc), secretary, librarian,

lower middle class: teachers (post-1970), IT, salesman, most non-management office jobs

upper middle class: academics, low-level lawyers, doctors, teachers (pre-1970), civil servants, engineers, clergy

upper class: land owners, aristocracy, high-level lawyers, politicians (traditionally), bankers, investors

so called "creative class" (artists, poets, writers etc) would traditionally be either upper middle or upper class.

in the military, the position in the army would traditionally correspond to your class

there is a level below lower class occupied by people on benefits

there is a level below THAT occupied by people who work in that sports direct warehouse.

We don't NEED that much room. It just adds to the enjoyment. Many people end up having things like home gyms, storage rooms, laundry rooms, offices, home theaters, bars and such.

Yes, but income does play a part. To say that somebody in the 96th income percentile is lower class is just stupid.