Visiting Finand

Is Finland worth a visit? I don't know anything about this country so I thought it would be a good learning experience to check it out.

Some questions-

What part of Finland should I stay? What are the best things to do?

Things I like- history, nature, solitude, seeing cool things, old buildings and culture

Things I don't like- socialization, tourist traps

also I speak no finnish but I'm fluent in English? Can I get around well enough with English?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
ylilauta.org/international/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not even our flag. Don't come here you disrespectful fuck.

no, nothing to see in here. save your money and go to somewhere else

No.

>Things I like- history
Finland is not for you then

Experience the KORSO and lose the will to live.

DELETE THIS

Russia Lite

For the love of god, there is a board for this.

Finland recieved 32,000 asylum seekers in 2015. Of those, nearly 7,000 have gone back home volunterily. Only 25% of applications that have been processed thus far have been approved. So far in 2016, Finland has recieved less than 3,000 asylum seekers and there have been no signifiant increases in crime. Life in Finland has not changed, and many would agree that Finland has much, much bigger problems facing the country like high unemployment and government austerity.

So, less Russia = a better country

>Finland

no

visiting Mongolia gives you same experience and culture at fraction of price

It would cost me way more to fly to Mongolia.

finns are racist as fuck. you don't want to come here. if you ever go outside at night, some Soldiers of odin faggots might kill you

>What part of Finland should I stay?
Finland proper
Turku
>What are the best things to do?
Turku has most historical places and an ok medieval market for a week or so

>Soldiers of Odin
>Finland
Always made me kek, did ancient Finns even praise Odin?

>What part of Finland should I stay? What are the best things to do?
Helsinki
>Things I like- history, nature, solitude, seeing cool things, old buildings and culture
Helsinki, Porvoo, Lapland
>also I speak no finnish but I'm fluent in English? Can I get around well enough with English?
yes

no they didn't
it's a fucking joke of a group

We're literally entering the most disgusting time of the year. Come early next year or in the Summer.

ähläm out

Go to Helsinki but also take the train to Turku then also take the ferry to Sweden overnight, send the day in Stockholm then take the boat back the same night. The boats are cheap.

kys yourself

:D

>rains all the time
>leaves falling
>dark
>even more dark because there's no snow

Just visit the capital if you want to visit.

Nightclubs, bars are good.

Make sure to visit the capital, Helsinki
It's like Somalia. It's a nice place to live =)

Fuck ment @

Help me out, please
I met this finnish girl during one of my trips, we exchanged numbers and now we're kinda texting (dumb stuff for now). I don't know much about nordic girls so i can't tell if she's into me or not...any tip on how finnish girls are and what they like?
Arigatou gozaimasu

Kek

It was close enough

They're complete whores.

get drunk and make your move, northern europeans tend to be shy and feel awkward very quickly.
think all the finns here are scared that the latino men will take their women like in poland

There are plenty of evidence in Youtube how some foreigner has visited Finland, and kinda liked, but then in their next video visiting Estonia was so much better experience.

>Thinking Finland has history, nature, solitude, cool things to see, old buildings and culture

no there's nothing here other than two things:

1. if you want to go hiking on tall tundra hills then lapland's your bet, also great in the winter
2. a boating holiday where you rent a boat and go around boating (the sea's always calm here)

I guess a lakeside holiday works too but you can get that elsewhere just fine

I think in the States they've only got lakes and the big seas so their boating is unlike ours

>What are the best things to do?
narcs&ryybs

>see helsinki
lmao man they can get any of that anywhere else

helsinki's a good experience for us because it's big cityish with all kinds of restaurants but that's all old to any traveller

>Is Finland worth a visit?

No.

t. finn

>their boating is unlike ours

Our boating is unllike anyone else's

Minä rakastan Suomea.^ ^

I kind of hate how Japanese like Finland because of Moomin and what not even though that's about it. I mean it makes me ashamed that someone has such high expectations of this place.

>Things I like- history, nature, solitude, seeing cool things, old buildings and culture
Frankly, Spain has more of those things than we do.

English does work, but staying in hotel or some such is expensive.

Luckily all tourists stick to areas intented to tourists.

Oooh! That hurt.

Wait. It didn't.

日本が大好きです

I just really love. What's wrong?

All of Finland is a tourist tap. They trap tourists, stab them and take their money.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

Kiitos!

Okay

no,go away

>autism

Do you come to this website often?

Just don't do it.

No

On this website it's pretty much the standard to talk dirty over being polite. You just felt like the kind of a person who owns plushies and what not. As in the opposite.

( ̄▽ ̄)………d( ̄  ̄)

yep that's more like it

We have pretty much none of your likes

Finnish nature is extremely unremarkable. It's just forest and everything is flat.

Finland has no culture.

Finland has pretty much no old buildings, unless you count about 200 year old buildings, and those are mostly unremarkable.

Finland has pretty much no interesting history as the country is less than a hundred years old.

There is nothing to see here either.

At least you won't have to socialize. It's very cold and lonely here.

Haha don't listen ot these Finns I went Finland and it was great, they're just memeing lol

Stop lying

You hated it

I love Japan. Can we change houses already?

(You) got sum pussy from a Fingol?

Finland is nice, but a little boring.

t. from St Faggotsburg

If you want the full finnish experience you go there, get severe depression, drink koskenkorva and stab some random swedish faggot.
Go home fast as fuck and never talk about it again.

Where did you get these metaphores, minister Stubb? :^)

>This is what the average leftist Swede is thinking about the Finns, whilst adamantly supporting policies bringing more Syrian war criminals and rapists into Sweden and preaching about not believing in stereotypes about muslims.

But it's true though.

t. Per-Görän

Where have you visited?

koskenkorva is pretty bad, the taste is just horrible and even if you use some soft drink with it, the taste will come trough

Lad i'm going there in January. Do they like the English? I can't get a straight answer out of the Pekkas on here because they're all high or autistic.

Where I actually stayed for some time: Helsinki, Turku, Tampere, Oulu, Rovaniemi.

Thank you.
I love Finland too but I don't like the cold.
Is it cold there at this time of the year?

I really hope that you are going to Lapland and not south if u are coming here at wintern

You'd better be like Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances or behave like Mr. Bean.
Finns might be shocked if you burst their bubble about the Brits.

Jyvaskyla. Or near to it.

I'm more like the classic U WOT M8 stereotype desu. But I can pull off an awkward wooden Mr. Bean image.

Nice, how is Rovaniemi? Never been there

Quiet and comfy, liked it there.

Currently studying in Jyväskylä. Comfy city

If you pull that posture in north you'll be either welcomed as a part of the community or cursed on by the local shaman old Aslak while he bangs his witch drum, depending on which part of the friday evening you do it

1. Are there qt girls i can frolick with?
2. Will it be snowy in January?

Well I live in the south, so it's currently like 10 celsius degrees at day. You can survive outside with long shirt if it's not windy, rainy etc.

Average temperature at midwintern is from -10 to -20 in south, but it can be up to -35 in the very north, record is -50 or something. And sun will only be few hours at sky so it's very dark even in the south, it makes people depressed and that's why some Finns commit sudoku.

> stab some swedish faggot
At least i am self aware

1. Yeah they're qt most of the time
2. Depends. It might be -30c with 30cm of snow or 0c without any snow.

Last winter had perfect january, we got shitloads of snow and -40'C for a couple days in East-Helsinki

I can't handle going there without any snow lad.

Do you enjoy snow you fucking fuck

But we are full so... you're out of luck.

Yes, if you don't like it you can to Arabia or Madeira

Coldest record: -51,5 °C, in Kittilä, Pokka 28.1.1999

More like fucking retarded. We don't have enough hurri to stab, so most murders are either whole family fun or late night hotdog stand action

Kiitos! That looks quite tough,doesn't it?
But I would like to travel there. Easily accessible!

I went 3 years ago and it wasn't that good.

>hotdog stand action

Never heard anyone dying in these matches... it's more like random junkies and drunks murdering eachother.

It has never been -40C in Helsinki. The record is like -36C, and it's from the 80s. It didn't even go below -30C last winter.

Fucking retards always exaggerating weather.

Well, we dont go outside when it's cold. I'm neet so usually I'm just having comfy time inside with coffee and watching anime when it's storming outside.

What do you like about Finland? Would you like traditional sauna?

:(

>Is Finland worth a visit?
Eesti is more interesting t b h

terveisin, was in åbo and helsingfors

Helsinki and Turku are weat yurop clones, visit the boonies for the true finns experience

I prefer the teuvo loman experience

The best is Suomi. This is some thing.
E.g.
Suomi→Kani=rabbit
But
Japanese →Kani=crab etc.
I like sauna,Moomin,girls,aurora,night scene,Ievan Polkka and so on.I actually like so many I can't list them all here.

So fucc bois then?

Maybe

>moomins

Actually there is themepark called Moominworld from like 20km where I live :D.

If you ever come to Southern Finland, make a thread to ylilauta.org/international/ and add "" to your message and it will give me a notification. That post is archived so it wont ever disappear.

Then we can hang out with Moomins mate, I need to improve my Japanese too.

>inb4 fellow finns going to troll me with fake notifications now

Kakkapostaan sulle joka päivä

Kiitos. Nähdään Moimoi^ ^

Se on sitä elämätä.

This tb.h. The best thing about Finland is its people. If you replaced us with foreigners it just wouldn't be the same.

Oyasuminasai ^_^
Since it is 2am here

yes qt traps everywhere