Evolution, Intelligence & Culture

phys.org/news/2010-02-intelligent-people-unnatural-values-human.html

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.gaijinpot.com/japan-religious-atheist-country/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shkreli is sure a dumb bitch then.

>liberalism and atheism
>novel to the human species in evolutionary history

Seems to corelate just fine with the world.
China, Japan, Korea are manly culturally bond on religious stuff but don't really believe in ghost entities etc.
And they are the smartest after IQ.

Niggers often are very religious, believe in all kind of magic and ghosts.
Niggers have the lowest IQs.

Well, dogs and monkeys aren't exactly either of those things.

>China, Japan, Korea are manly culturally bond on religious stuff but don't really believe in ghost entities etc

seems like yet another pop-sci article where being intelligent = being a Liberal toady along with a load of other vague wank that can apply to millions

Japanese Shinto for example they have shrines for all kind of demons and ghosts.

But if you ask a japanese Person if he believes that there are actually real ghosts and demons how won't say yes.

>China, Japan, Korea are manly culturally bond on religious stuff but don't really believe in ghost entities etc.
um.... lad?
get a grip and go to Asia sometime.

So Asians believe in ghosts, magic and gods?

You yourself are saying that both are religious, that's no correlation. Religion isn't "magic and ghosts", that's just cultural mythology which has been integrated into most religions.

Animals are anarchistic my dude. It's the ultimate form of liberalism because it's the lack of all social organisations and restrictions.

And how can you say animals are religious?

yes
I lived in Japan for two years and there are LOADS of folk supersitions alongside buddhist though.

"atheism" is a Western European creation, primarily a protestant one, adhering to Protestant ideas of reality and humanity, just inverted.

desu this article is rubbish since it conflates correlation with causation.

many inteligent people are Liberal because they grew up in wealthy homes with good education to liberal parents and end up going to good universities which further enforce the liberal dogma.

Id argue someone who rejects liberalism in that case would be more novel rather than merely going with the flow.

also the idea that social thinking is evolutionary novel is utter bullshit, considering we have examples going back as far as philosophical writing has existed.

Lots of Animals have social organizations.

>that both are religious
I stated the difference between a cultural haritage and actualy percieving it as reality.

Example:
I am a catholic. I grew up with catholic education at school. I do believe in god and I value the christian morals.
But I don't think that god is a personal god, I don't think that jesus actually really did wonders.
Those stuff is mythology and legends formed by people.
The core of it is what contains what you really should take from that religion. And it has lots of parallel to the teachings of Epikur.

i'm sorry but ithink you know nothing about asian people.
go to your nearest chinese owned shop and tell me if they don't have hanged talisman there.
asian people owed their success to their humility and superstition.
and yes huge chunk of asian do believe in ghost and have tons of ghost stories

t. chinese

Except Chinese, Japanese, etc. cultures are all bounded by thousands of superstitions

The only time China and Korea are secular is during communism

>I am a catholic.
>I don't think that jesus actually really did wonders.
I don't think that's how religion works, user.

Their organisations aren't nearly on the same level. No animal has law or a government.

And as & have pointed out, the correlation you claim doesn't exist.

I am talking about this:
blog.gaijinpot.com/japan-religious-atheist-country/

Superstitions are not necessarily took as serious as you make them.

Exclude me then user, I don't give zero fucks not!

China is hardly "secular" though

people will say they don't believe in god then make offerings to all sorts of ghosts and house spirits.

to be honest though I prefer the very "personal" faith that East Asians have compared to the lofty and overbearing impersonal faith of European Christianity today (in many cases)

its also why I like Catholicism better because making pilgrimages and being surrounded by all the symbolism makes the faith much more personal.

I did a pilgrimage recently in Quebec, it basically involves you hiking up this tall mountain to a small chapel on the top where some saint's bones are held.
I'm not sure I believe in the superstition surrounding relics but it was pretty cool to hike up, there were lots of little shrines all the way and fountains of springwater for people to drink built into the rock

desu the entire article is typical bunk to make liberals feel better about themselves.

It is scientifically proven that marxism makes sense for people in the IQ range of 100-108.

Obove and under rarely take a grasp on it. I think it's border where you are able to understand the logical constructin of the theory but don't get the idea of asking it basics in question.

then how about stop believing everything you know from the internet?
not to offend you but this is why superstitious asian tends to be more successful than non-superstitious one, that they have humility to admit they don't know how universe work and always respect the deeds of the seniors.
its like placebo effect, it won't work if you knew its a bollock.
i'm not a superstitious, but i do respect them who do

Children from religious families here are also in general following:
Healthier
More succesful
Less likely to be criminals/drug additcs
Live longer
are wealthier

and yet?

>this is why superstitious asian tends to be more successful than non-superstitious one, that they have humility to admit they don't know how universe work
But they know exactly how the world works, user.
Ghosts and spirits, see?

I don't understand how people don't understand how secularism works.

if this were true then there wouldn't be legions of proles fighting in the jungles of India or South America for Marxism.

inteligence does not exclude violence.

>Children from religious families here are also in general following

And here it's different
>Poorer
>Prone to be I'll
>More likely to be criminals/drug addicts
>Live less

I wish everyone here actually tried to back up what they claim it's true with empirical evidence and not just pull shit out of their ass and say 'This. This is how the world works'.

How come? Don't they follow values?
How can a believing Christ become a criminal?

Bingo, the best part:
>for men (but not women), preference for sexual exclusivity correlate with higher intelligence
>it's fine to be cucked because it means your partner is more intelligent!

What he's saying is that they trust the supernatural to manage what's above them or outside their understanding, like they trust their seniors IRL.

so what, my father was superstitious and i dare to bet he's smarter than those people in tech institutes.
again, superstition isn't always about ignorance, sometime its about humility.
just admit that you're wrong about chinese people

I am not wrong, you just didn't understand me properly.
My father is very superstitious too and he is not dumb.
This is not what I am talking about and you are also not representative of the chinese people in specially not in mainland China.

I agree, I'd like to see the data behind dogs and monkeys being conservative and religious.

>Don't they follow values
Nope, most go to the Church on an older age to atone all the shit they've done in their youth. These Evangelical people usually live in the worst neighbours in my city, whereas the richer ones are usually populated by atheists, non-practising Catholics and other religions

Well, this does not fall under religious life.
>evangelicals

>you are also not representative of the chinese people
gee, i wonder, just like i said, i'm not superstitious and more westernized.
and if you think chinese people are just superstitious because of culture, try give them hotel room numbered 4 and see if they don't freak out.

Try giving a German Hotel Room number 13.
Most hotels here don't even have this room.

Doesn't this say: Dumb man = wants more women
Smart man = wants one woman

Woman: Smart womam: wants fuck around or only one man
Dumb woman: wants fuck around or only one man

In this case the cuck meme is like it's ok to cheat on all women and dumb man but not on smart man.

They go to the Church every Sunday to listen to their "priest" preach, they themselves lecture the Bible to the people they know and even have their favourite passages, yet usually don't follow half of what they preach

>try give them hotel room numbered 4 and see if they don't freak out.
I thought that was a meme, but I heard it with hospitals instead