Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Impulse Response Pack
mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0UeSBbJFGBa
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-03/high-school-girls-continue-musical-experimentation-in-dojin-anime/.87742
youtube.com/watch?v=lmlcgNoXqag
picosong.com/TPmU/
wrenandcuff.com/muffs
youtube.com/watch?v=5wdWTL0sdi4
youtube.com/watch?v=Um12r8b3Mnw
youtube.com/watch?v=hE9qVni6rto
picosong.com/TPM2/
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-w5qFCT6EZY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yklz-D-2UAc
clyp.it/0eg4uyox
clyp.it/odkns3q1
gitbuddy.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/los-angeles-guitar-center-rockwalk/
youtu.be/ooReptE06-M
youtube.com/watch?v=3UFr21jkWOs
dropbox.com/s/6nhb9b8a0yfn5a0/yep.mp3?dl=0
play.spotify.com/album/4oFIE681NVUhehCaoofvKV
youtube.com/watch?v=htfV4ijLJYg
youtube.com/watch?v=vC9Qh709gas
youtube.com/watch?v=j5C7GKGxICg
youtu.be/EIl3Km9DrE4?t=1613
shop.fender.com/en-US/parts/bridges/6-saddle-hardtail-classic/standard-series-bridge-assembly/0060068000.html
www2.fender.com/experience/fender-university/fender-university-truss-rod-adjustment/
haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html
youtu.be/rQEEvDcMurE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thoughts?

vocaroo.com/i/s0UeSBbJFGBa

not bad

I play guitar hero does that count? I can play on expert

Got a new OCD and it squeals like a motherfucker, doesn't sound like feedback

wat do

>Bassists who play For Whom The Bell Tolls without a fuzz-wah

Fuck yooouuuuuuuuu

Return it what the fuck

How much hand-holding do you need? Is this the first time you spent your own money?

Anybody got experience with either the Peavey Windsor or Crate Blue Voodoo? Trying to decide between them.

Is suhr a meme?

no but I'm wondering if it's a common issue with them or some shit

obv im gonna continue to troubleshoot and return if it's not resolved but I can save a hell of a lot of tine dicking around if other people have experienced it and know a solution/if it's just a defective unit

Trash

There's a lot of cult peavey fans online, so if you google it you can find the forum where they gather. You might find some good information there. If not make a post with pictures and any manual or model numbers you can find and they will help.

The worst kind of meme there is: expensive. Don't buy one.

Anyone know who makes a mean big muff clone?

I forgot

Cool. Thanks

Uhm did anyone get a reply from the watafuzz clone guy

>not using a Muffyu pick in conjunction with a BMP for maximum muff toan

sm᠎h

Me and my friends broke a guitar over our friends head once

I really want one of these.

damn did you pay out the ass for shipping on that?

>tfw I never found out if the person posting in this threads was really the artist of these drawings

Post pics

Where can I get a cheap acoustic?

All I have is 2 knockoff strats (poorfag here)

Yo what the fuck this is an anime

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-03/high-school-girls-continue-musical-experimentation-in-dojin-anime/.87742

>67838209
It wasn't on purpose and it wasn't totally destoryed but it was thrown away afterwards because it had like fallen apart, one of the boards came off.

I'm trying to find it, it's a very hard video to find

Video is lost.

We were gunna do a thing where we pretended to hit him on the head with a guitar, but then David accidentally hit him. He gets really into it.

>tfw your mythical guitar master Hisako appears in one of the shorts

10/10 thanks Japan

I did not :^)

I bought 4

>tfw I will never eat Sakuma Drops featuring telecaster-chan on the tin

kill me

sounds cute. CUTE!

I unironically want this.

I think they only sold it at comiket

damn shame too

You can get one for like 100$ at a guitar center. They have a sale every once in a while for that. Like one with a fender logo on it and everything

It looks like a generic BMP clone with a sticker tacked onto it.

I could probably print Muffyu's face on some sticker paper and slap it on my BMP

The only thing missing is the original image file for the decal

yeah it's a big muff clone, says so right down there

I'm guessing it's either a ram's head or an OP-amp cause of the bypass switch

>love playing with other people
>had to give up drums since I moved to an apartment
>will take at least 2 years of consistent guitar practice before I can even consider playing with a group
shit sucks bros

On the bright side drummers make great guitarists.

How so? The instruments couldn't be any more different

I've been wanting to get an accent vibrato for my rick
But since they're really hard to find and are expensive does anyone know any alternatives?

It needs to have a whammy bar and not to be a drill in

Terrible

where can i buy these

youtube.com/watch?v=lmlcgNoXqag

This was really boring but I did think the chorus effect was cool.

I knew his music was going to be shit as soon as I saw the strandberg

>He bought the BURGERa amp

Not necessarily. Meshuggah is an example of that being good, but there are hundreds of similarly percussive bands that are absolute trash.

does it sound good lads? ignore the sloppines just a sound and playing demo

also it sounds better the louder it is I think

picosong.com/TPmU/

It's alright but it's way too sloppy to be good.

uh, im replacing some pickups, but i just noticed one set of screws for adjusting pickup height is shorter, should i use those for the bridge pickup?

These are your options:
1. Find someone actually willing to sell an accent tailpiece on rick forums (they do exist)
2. Wait for Winfield to restock on replacement vibratos/ directly contact him
3. Pick up the drill and install whatever vibrato unit you like
4. Deal with the fact that you will never be able to use a whammy on a rick
I would personally go for the last option because, frankly, that tailpiece is garbage and is only good if you like re-tuning your guitar every 5 min.

yo what the fuck is up with my frets

Normal fret wear. When they start buzzing too bad you'll need to have them dressed.

>snap
I only ever broke 1 string in my life and that was a rotosound. Pretty sure it got caught on the nut because I tried out a heavy gauge without changing anything.

You could have pickup up bass instead, easier and quicker to find people to play with, more related to drums, holy fuck we need more decent bassists please get a bass, drummers should make for great bassists, please for the love of god it's impossible to find a good bassist.

Not him, but should I get SS frets when mine wear out completely? Do they kill/dent nickel strings or will they just last longer?

Here nigger wrenandcuff.com/muffs

Just read that they eat through nickel strings, sounds retardedly expensive on bass.

how do you avoid overusing extended chords? i seem to just use wanky post rock chords all the time its so annoying

You only have to be worried about eating through strings if the strings are Jewish made.

huh?

Even if they do, get SS frets. You can always get nickel plated strings if you're worried about that. I don't see any real reason to get nickel frets over SS.

I'm thinking of trading in my Skyline 55-02 for something better suited to play metal.

basically a 5 string bass, ideally with dual humbucks or soapbars and a 3-band EQ.

currently looking at Ibanez BTB models. I don't mind rarewood aesthetics but I'm more of a sober kind of guy. any suggestions? price range $1k CAD give or take $200

youtube.com/watch?v=5wdWTL0sdi4

anyone else?

SS frets m8

I think I fucked u. I clicked on the "Ask Me Anything" and sent the message I didnt know there was a message feature. I dont want to sound thirsty.

Even though I am.

Jewish strings are edible.

I saw j mascis sucking ass at guitar hero once
it was pretty great

All you need for metal is a jazz bass
>Rock in Rio USA
Last time I checked, Rio was in Brazil

>I think I fucked up
But yeah try messaging him.

Newbie here.
Is it a bad idea to use that rocksmith game as a part of the learning experience? I practice a lot with just the guitar but sometimes playing a little bit of that game gives me a confidence boost makes me want to play more.
Just wondering if its teaching me any bad habits or anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=Um12r8b3Mnw

that sounds fucking funny is there a video

you won't really learn to accent notes consistently while playing rocksmith

youtube.com/watch?v=hE9qVni6rto
hes actually a bit better at it than I remember.

picosong.com/TPM2/

how about this desu

I'm looking for a apartment amp for around 300$.
Anybody got some recommendations?

do you like this tone?

>I don't mind rarewood aesthetics but I'm more of a sober kind of guy. any suggestions?
the BTB675 is pretty sober imo, it's just a swamp ash body.
warwicks, spectors and EBMM fit the 2 soapbar/EQ too.
If I were you though, I'd just get a Darkglass B7K. It sounds so fucking good
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-w5qFCT6EZY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yklz-D-2UAc

that's cool he's such a doofus

Drugs will do that

Where can I buy these? I need an answer.

>spend two hours fucking around with pickup height
>finally satisfied
>look at pickups
>they're in the same position they were in when I started

Sounds like you suck

That's probably because I do

no,this one is horrible.

Easier if you prioritize one pickup and just match the others to it in volume. I recommend the bridge pup.

EQD hoff

Shimamura Music™ exclusive

Blue Voodoo only if it's the 300W version, that one sounds awesome as opposed to the other ones.

Yeah I think it sounds nice. What amp is that?

I really want to retolex my amp in pink

Pretty goody DESU senpai.

i wish we had neat picks like this over here. did you just place a normal order with them or did you have to email them first?

What are you referring to

>poor
>want a fretless 5 string
>considering buying a regular fretted and modding it
>no one's selling his 5 string
>don't want to buy online and have to deal with shipping back the bass because I don't like the neck
i wish i had simple taste so i could just buy an acoustic and never have to deal with anything else

A Rondo recommendation would be appropriate here

oh sure, let me just buy a chinese made bass that went through the united states when I live in europe, it's well known that wood absolutely loves temperature changes

>I live in europe

that's your problem

name that tune, anyone? not my best playing but I just woke up. hopefully more people will play.

clyp.it/0eg4uyox

Don't really need the attitude m8. Harley Benton might make fretless. Same basic deal as rondo. Specs are different and pots are lousy but overall value is good.

Get a Yamaha thr10. It's a great amp for when you have grumpy neighbours.

nah, the problem's just that I'm too picky and not rich enough. otherwise I'd just buy one of these hundred of P-bass laying around the city

they make fretless 4s, not 5s. Modding wouldn't be an issue, we already defreted a bass together with a friend, but I really just want to try out before I buy

you mean this? amplitube 4

Are you trying to let people know you're a fag?

Windsor is better for stoner rock/doom kinda shit, blue voodoo is better for modern metal.

Are you trying to let people know that you're twelve years old?

he's just letting them know he plays shoegaze

Recorded this a few weeks ago as a sound demo of that little blackstar fly 3 amp. Actually pulls some decent tones if you fuck with it enough.

clyp.it/odkns3q1

Also god dammit I know that tune but I'm having a hard time putting a name to it.

My Creole Belle? Sounds like John Hurt anyway.

right artist, wrong song! points for closeness

ah struggling to name it off the top of my head, might go and listen to some Hurt and get back to you. It's a nice excuse to listen to him anyway.

>tfw one of the instruments you want will most likely be out of production when you'll finally have money and nothing more important to buy
i also really wonder how classical stuff would sound like on one.

What's a really good and versatile tremolo pedal? I'd like to be able to replicate the sound of an old Fender tremolo circuit but would still like to be able to do crazier things with it

Look actual hand sizes!

gitbuddy.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/los-angeles-guitar-center-rockwalk/

>J smiling

goddamn man

every time I see it it makes my day better

I love you J please never die

t. Jazzmaster owner

EQD Hummingbird

>no buckethead
>no pablo grillberto
these two have the longest fucking fingers, especially buckethead since he's a giant

Fuck you guys. I have this old ass Squier. It's really good tho, actually

>Fuck you guys. I have this old ass Squier.

why is that our fault?

good for you user

Was just preparing my bunghole for hate

It does sound good for what it is. I can clearly hear the cheap plastic pick you're using through the recording though.

Guy who just got a micro terror here. This thing fucking kicks out some great tones and was probably the best buy I had in a while. Highly recommend it.

Thinking about snagging a 2x10 cab that popped up on my local Facebook group for music stuff, or maybe a 1x12. Wish I could gotten the micro dark but I realized I get most of my gain from pedals anyways.

10/10 would buy again

Any new gear days for you guys? Pedals? Amps? Buyers remorse?

Went into the shop to play this thing even though I wasn't gonna buy it that day. guy at the shop let me take this home and "pay him tomorrow". Went back in the next day and he only charged me $60. Awesome pedal.

>mechanical rgb keyboard
>orange amp

i like you user lets make out

>How fucking beat up that pedal is
Got a stiffy.

It's a ducky shine mini so only RB. I'm looking into finding a good 60% RGB keyboard with blues or greens.

ill trade you for a logitech g710+

>Thinking about snagging a 2x10 cab that popped up on my local Facebook group for music stuff, or maybe a 1x12.
Got a 1x12 (celestion V30) and the Dark version of it, as much as it sounds great, it's a really predictable kind of tone, the 2x10 may be interesting.
Anyway you can pretty much just put your amp in the pocket and go try both of them.
I wish it had some sort of battery (and a more intensive EQ), that would make it just amazing.

Anybody have any cool Japanese guitar mags I can download? There was a pretty cool "Exercises from Hell" one yesterday. I'm addicted to these things.

Also link to last thread where?

Tempting, but it's not clicky clack and I value the 60% size because I share desk space with the gf, sorry m8. That keyboard sounds sweet though.

I was thinking the 1x12 too, with cremation greenbacks or v30s. Cookie cutter but sounds great. I've never tried a 2x10 before and interestingly enough a 4x10 ampeg cab just popped up too.

Ditto on the time control, it's mostly unusable past the 11-2o clock range.

I also definitely want to get a dark version soon, no one in the entire fucking houston area had one in stock that day, super tilted. Also I got 10% of at gc since I sold a metal zone to them, glad I got rid of that paper weight.

>Ditto on the time control, it's mostly unusable past the 11-2o clock range.
That's actually where I put it the most on my dark version, so it may react differently. However I never put it between 7 to 12o clock, it sounds too scooped I would say.

>going back and paying

The dark version is more of a mid range control right? Yeah in the regular micro it's literally roll off highs or add in them so it's either muted it sorry fucking fizzy and horrible.

I'm black and I'm not that much of a nigger.

What's a good song to learn to look impressive and slay all the pussy with?

Just learned Nick Drake's Road so that's about my level

>Not taking advantage of free shit

he probably would've forgotten about it by the next day anyway.

youtu.be/ooReptE06-M

I like my Recording King RPH-05. Got it for $250 new but you could probably get it a lot cheaper on ebay.

they're a small local shop and they hook me up with free cables/picks/straps, free repairs/setups while I wait, and give me bretty good discounts all the time because I'm a regular customer. I'd never steal from those people.

Ah alright, I understand if it's a shop like that.

>tfw when no small local shop that gives me free/discounted gear

All I have is fucking Guitar Center. I miss the small mom & pop shop I had when I lived Montana.

I always wonder how those small shops survive, I have two in my town that have been there for about 60 years or longer and you hardly ever see anyone inside.

This shop is downtown on the main strip of bars and restaurants. it's the only shop around and my city is kind of known for being musically hip and having a ton of bands despite its size.

how bad is this meme pedal?

Congrats mate.
I'm considering buy one of these
is it loud enough to play with a drummer (i play pretty much full gain stuff keep that in mind)? and also how thick and bassy can it get?
Nice keyboard too, I keep putting off buying a decent mechanical keyboard because my old wired microsoft keyboard still works after 5 years of intense use.

the fuzz is pretty nice, honestly

the delay/reverb is pretty barebones you'd honestly be better off getting a real delay and/or reverb pedal

it's made for shoegaze, that's how you know it's pretty much the worst

How many people are triggered by my rig?

That's quite nice actually.

Depends what kind of picks those are.

Dunlop 1mm

I mostly play leads in my current band and I like thick picks. Fight me about it.

Why would someone be upset with you when you use the picks you like user? We're friendly and open-minded here.

Just some banks bud I honestly don't care lol.

Wow dude you're sucha fucking fag its not even funny.

Jk I use dunlop 1s and 1.14s

And by banks I mean bantz. Fuckin auto correct.

I've honestly never tried anything thicker than 1mm. I used the .73s and the .88s for a while.

They're probably losing money tbqhfam. Mom & pop stores in every single industry are dying because of the big box retailers.

I use the 1.14 pitch black Jazz III's, I really like the thickness. If I could find the max-grip ones in that thickness, I would probably try those.

where did you get your pick user?

Read the thread dummy

I'm playing it through the Acoustic g100fx amp I have which I just modified to use as a cab. I can't crank volume past 2 in home so I reckon with a good cab itd be definitely loud enough for practice, it's 20 watts after all. If you push it hard enough you can get some heavy rock tones, my EHXtortion gets almost in territory for Mastodon like tones, but if you want like recto or super high gain I'd say grab a pedal for sure.

Also just get a mech, it's so much better than a regarding membrane, you won't regret it.

Disagree. The lower wattage older versions of the voodoo are on point and loose. The 120 BV needs to be ran pretty hard to get any kind of flex from it though, so you're right about it sounding very modern.

The Windsor really never crunched up well for me. It was one of the more static and sterile amps I've run

>buckethead's able to stretch from the 3rd to 12th fret
>still wears finger extenders sometimes for increased fucking around potential

The max grip does fuck all to increase actual grip, but aside from that it's brety good

I've read Noisemaker has dubious build quality. You're better off buying reverb and fuzz separately anyway.

not that user but max grip feels better to me than the regular jazz 3s. with the regular ones the logo thing on the sides digs into the side of my nail and it just feels weird.

Does this trigger /gg/

youtube.com/watch?v=3UFr21jkWOs

Literally the definition of buttrock

lol it sounds like P.O.D

who the hell listens to this shit?

yeah I'll probably run a pedal into it, a loud fuzz like the Swollen Pickle.

>Also just get a mech, it's so much better than a regarding membrane, you won't regret it.
probably when i this one fails/ i have some loose cash not for guitar stuff

I picked up a used ARZ307 on a whim today. I've been wanting to fart around with a 7 string, and GC had it for $160 so it came home.

>those knob and pickup selector placements

TRIGGERED

wikipedia lists them as "progressive metal"

have you ever progressed so hard you ended up back in the mid 90s?

that kind of sound was more of the corporate nu-rock shit from the late 90s/00s

I went to the store to test out the damned DSL15 and it turns out the amp had a problem on the classic gain channel and had to be sent back. The store boss or whatever was playing a fender American special strat through a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410 and he handed it to me to check it out, and god damn the fucking thing was beautiful. The knobs and the jack n the strat were kind of shit though.

Anyway what do you guys think of the Ibanez TSA15? It has a built in TS, celestion 12". The reviews say it's pretty good for blues, but can it do rock/metal with a pedal, or some EQ pedal, since it only has treble and bass control?

>How long have you been playing?
Six years, I think. Drums for eleven.
>Fav guitars?
Telecaster
>Fav guitarists?
Omar Rodriguez Lopez, but more for his philosophy on life.
>Projects?
This is me.
dropbox.com/s/6nhb9b8a0yfn5a0/yep.mp3?dl=0

>Ibanez TSA15

i play with a guy who uses that for gigs. it's not too bad. i haven't played out of it but it sounds fine for what it is. the most you're going to get out of it is some SRV type of crunchy blues sound. he uses distortions and fuzzes with it to boost it up for leads.

The knobs don't bother me but yeah, the switch is pretty dumb. Still, cheap is cheap and it plays well.

Does it sound good with the distortion pedals? I plan on using an OD pedal through it, but I'm concerned with the 2-band EQ. What do you guys play?

I'm using humbuckers btw, it's a shitty GIO. One day I'll put a X2N on it or buy a new guitar.

So, are there any hassle free classical instruments? I really want an acoustic upright bass but the cost and all the shit that can go wrong (warping wood, bridge falling over, soundpost falling over, etc.) are huge issues for me. Is there an upright bass equivalent to plastic ukuleles? Please?

Also, I'm looking at a resonator bass and they look really cool. The all metal ones seem to be usable acoustically, is it a waste of time?

it already has a tube screamer OD built into it, you'll probably want more kick than just stacking overdrive on overdrive, so look into distortion pedals, like a rat or something like that.

i don't play with him a lot, when i play with him im usually filling in for another guitarist. just classic rock stuff, he's an older guy.

i play a squier vintage modified jaguar bass and my bands EP is here play.spotify.com/album/4oFIE681NVUhehCaoofvKV

I thought I was really good at guitar hero but then I saw all the Chinese people on YouTube

Also, seeing death grips tomorrow. They saved guitar music

Nice Explorer desu

>Maxson OD

Has anyone actually gotten any use out of those Ted Greene chord books? Maybe I just don't have the patience, but the books seem like a complete mess and a lot of the voicings honestly just don't even sound that great to my ear.

Trading my orange DT for this on Saturday, how'd I do?

Finally got her bros
Pros
>just look at it
>great dirty sound
>versatility of sound
>nice playing neck
>pretty cleans

Concerns
>pickups could be less hot
>some shitty binding work
>a little neck heavy but I'm getting a leather strap soon

Overall I'm very happy
Her name is Carla

i downloaded the chord book in the OP and kind of skimmed through it. it's a huge fucking mess and it doesn't seem to have any structure. it's like a step up from one of those retarded chord generators you can find on the internet.

i think the only type of people that can get anything out of books like that are guys who can already play jazz guitar. memorizing a bunch of different grips and voicings is just a waste of time to me if there's no context

> Orange to Laney AOR

Do you play doom/stoner?

I do play Doom/Stoner

As long as you're happy, i suppose

>Dunlop 1mm
Muh nigga. I could've guessed that was the pick. I got them laying on every flat surface in my house

>Her name is Carla
why name your instruments after females

You could get one of those NS electric uprights for about $1500, which is super entry level for a traditional upright. I've heard the NS stuff is super good.
But you could always go for a fretless bass guitar with piezo pickups and a nice onboard preamp and dial in an upright like tone.

Because he can't finger a real woman's g-string, let alone hold one.

Is that an Ibanez?

Thanks, it's my second one. I sold my first one 2012 for financial reasons. I just picked this up at a local place for 1000 bucks even brand new. Honestly a big fan of the neck pick up (496r I believe) other wise I couldn't be happier. I'm thinking about dropping a bare knuckle nail bomb in the neck and putting a thick 1 ply black guard on it. Should be sexy when it's done.

I already own the NXT bass but I really want a plastic or maybe aluminium acoustic upright bass. Don't ask me why, as long as it plays and is super durable I'd like to have 1.
Any opinion on those resonator bass guitars?

Never held or heard one in person before, so I couldn't really comment on them.

At least he can finer A minor on guitar.

If i were to name my guitars after things i can't have, they'd all be named "quiet".

actually, I'm naming 1 "quiet".

I think it sounds good, but needs some progression

Is there a program that will read out chords from audio you put in It? I found this old recording of me playing a progression but cannot figure out what chords I was playing

As someone who can't play guitar this sounds good and talented as hell.

Should I get a 335 or a jazz master? I've played both but I can't decide D:

Should I get an Epiphone 339 that's straight-out-of-the-box or a Michael Kelly 1953 that's been set-up and plek'd

>How long have you been playing?
a little less than two years started when i was 17. now am almost 19

>Fav guitars?
my classical goya

>Fav guitarists?
bert jansch, glenn goring, nick drake, doc watson, john fahey, bukka white, paco de lucia

>Projects?
working on putting four originals together and two covers (Angi and El Condor Pasa I think) for my first release.

I've never sang before. Where do I begin? Whats the best form of practice? Should I just pick any song and try, or should I watch vocal lessons on youtube? Can I sing like Elliot Smith and NMH or do I have to find which style is right for me?

Everyone can learn to sing, it's important that you realize that. You can tune your guitar by ear I assume? You know how to listen for beating when 2 notes are close but not quite the same? Play a note on your guitar and just try to hit it with your voice, if you get close you'll hear beating and then you'll just need to do fine adjustments to get there.
That's not exactly singing, that's just hitting a note, but once that gets consistent and you don't need to rely on your guitar all the time it'll quickly get better. And yes, practice a lot. Sing a lot, under the shower or whatever, just don't do it with closed headphones or earbuds. Make sure that you can hear yourself and the song if you're singing along to it.

Just very basic tips, I'm by no means a great singer.

Thanks for the advice man!

i've been "practicing" my singing for a while but my range is absolute shit. like i'm talking less than 2 octaves. my actual voice kinda blows too. is there any way to improve this stuff or should i just write for my vocal range?

No problem.
Depends, if your technique is really terrible you might not get the notes out correctly so you think your range ends there. But you might just be unlucky as well, nature is a bitch sometimes.

yeah. i mean it's not the worst thing, i've heard plenty of albums that use a "bad" singers vocals really really well.

it just kinda sucks. having like lennon's vocal range would be so awesome but it's not something you can even get better at, really. it's just genetics

is the fretboard of a 1 piece maple nitrocellulose lacquer finish supposed to show player wear and marks from years of playing?

Yeah

You can go an octave lower with sub harmonic singing: youtube.com/watch?v=htfV4ijLJYg
But that's a specific technique. You could also learn overtone singing/polyphonic singing: youtube.com/watch?v=vC9Qh709gas
Both of those are "just" techniques that anyone of us could learn, we're in no way limited even with a shitty range.

How does everyone practice in this thread daily?

TS-9 vs OCD?

I saw another user complaining about their OCD earlier in the thread, is that a common issue? Is the TS-9 good for moderate drive/distortion or more just a clean boost?

I like to play some covers, then practice a little blues jam with my looper or something to timing and solos. I'll run a few scales every now and then too, just some ones I find interesting and try to incorporate them into a chord progression. Then I just dick around and make some cool sounding riffs, sometimes make a song out of it.

It's more just playing than practicing, I'm under the impression that they're almost the same though, right?

...right?

TS-9 is good for a ~slight~ boost imo, that's what it does best. OCD has a bit more gain on tap. Both are good for different styles.

Thinking about getting a new bass, The one i have is an ibanez tmb100, basically a crappy rip of every fender bass ever in one, any suggestions on a bass I should get? If it's important, I almost always play with a pick, like 70/30, and the genres I play in my band are sorta surf/garage/punk.

Ibanez btb7

any good bass pedal suggestions?

Wooly Mammoth (clone of course, I recommend the Little Bear BS-1)
Bass Muff
SansAmp preamp
Wah pedal
a delay pedal

All of them

thanks

>mfw I have weekly half hour lessons but don't practice outside of that

lemme just give you my bassists pedal board

Woolly Mammoth clone I made
Flanger Hoax
Whammy 4
Bass Big Muff
Deluxe Mass Big Muff
BBE Two Timer delay
Ibanez Weepin Demon Wah
Devi Ever Sucker Punch
Digitech Bass Synth Wah
EHX Holy Grail
Boss Flanger

ty senpai

appreciated

6 different delays

>basically a crappy rip of every fender bass ever in one
Eat my load you ungrateful fag that bass for being the bottom is blows out 90% of entry basses out there. Dont ever compare them to your fenders/gibsons/egc faggotry.

So get the TMB600 it has a nice finish.

imo drummers tend to make good keyboardists because of the percussive aspect of both instruments, while guitarists usually are shitty at keys and guitar is way different from drums

Fuck dude I'd make that trade any day. 50 or 100 watter?

+1 on the woolly mammoth (clone), incredibly simple/cheap to make and it sounds really nice and works so well for bass. You retain so much bottom end even when turning up the fuzz and EQ.

I was given this baby 3 years ago. 1980, silver screw, made in Japan CE-2. It didn't work until today. After gaining more experience with this kinda shit over the few years, I finally decided to take the plunge and spend $20 on two chips that may not have fixed it. Thankfully, they did. Now I'm in love with it.

Definitely made the right decision

is it a good idea to buy a 50 watt tube amp for my first amp

Do it

Don't do it.

Maybe do it

you didn't answer my question
i'm going to do it though

Do you play shows?
Are you recording?
Are you able to crank the amp to a moderate volume without annoying people/getting the cops called?

>Do you play shows?
not yet
>Are you recording?
yes
>Are you able to crank the amp to a moderate volume without annoying people/getting the cops called?
maybe. my closest neighbor's house is maybe 25-30 feet away. I've made a lot of noise before and never had any issues

Yeah in that case fucking go for it, make sure to pair it with a decent cab, don't be complete fuckwit and buy a cheap/shit cab.

yeah i figured if i'm spending $2k on an amp i might as well get a matching cab

Doesn't need to be matching a lot of the time. Just a GOOD cab haha.

What amp is it btw?

the matamp gt2 is what I've been looking at

best looking bass i have ever seen

It's fuckin 3:30 AM and I have shit to do tomorrow but I can't close this thread. I have to see it through.

shit wrong thread

wew lads
Got it B-stock at 400€ and shit. It's everything I like with Jackson guitars but in a bass.
The finition and craftsmanship is outstanding for an Indonesian made guitar.
I'll stop sucking Jackson's dick now.

Are there any tuners that allow more than one instruments to be connected? Obviously, the output is not necessary.
If not, are there any tuner stations with no outputs in general?

What's a good guitar that comes stock with single coils in the neck and humbucker's in the bridge? Or is there another way to get a clean strat-like chime along with a heavier sound for distorted tones

How can you have such a long video talking Angus Young's gear?

youtube.com/watch?v=j5C7GKGxICg

that's the dave ellefson signature aye?

Yeah.
I'm not a fan of the bevels and I largely prefer the original Concert bass design but it's a bliss to play, even more so when the only bass I had around was a shitty combo pack Eagletone. And again, so cheap.

can someone please explain the technique behind barre chords to me?
i know how they work, and i can make them without muting or buzzing the strings.
however, i feel i strain too much when i do them. my wrist bends and my hands get tired after a short while.
how do i grip the chords correctly?

You can start by not being a limp wristed 13yo girl.

Reverse image didnt found anything. Whats the story of this pic?

Anyone here using SH-11?
Had it for almost 4 years now, I'm thinking of trying 250k pots for a darker sound.

youtu.be/EIl3Km9DrE4?t=1613

26:53

Also 36:08 for power slide

I have one customly built by my local luthier because I'm too poor to afford the plus.
You're going for the Jonny Greenwood sound?

You keep doing it till your hand gets stronger

Yeah pretty much, I've been considering buying a cheaper mex. Tele and getting the bridge altered but I don't know where I should start

I had this installed on my guitar shop.fender.com/en-US/parts/bridges/6-saddle-hardtail-classic/standard-series-bridge-assembly/0060068000.html
instead of the usual 3-saddle one.

Though mine's pretty much a frankenstein already, I'm using extra jumbo frets because I grew up using Ibanez and a 12" radius Les Paul with a 57 Telecaster baseball bat neck.

It still plays fast but I did relearn stuff coming from Ibanez necks.

>It's everything I like with Jackson guitars but in a bass.
Sounds like I'm not buying a Jackson then. Does it have compound radius too ?
Also indonesian is not as bad as people make it out to be (especially when comparing to chinese)

A few current production Ibanez are H/S H/S/S, the FR365 in particular is a tele-shaped H/S guitar, but the neck is the same as their RG/S models, which is flat and thin.

put your thumb on the middle of the back of the neck. Not the top, not the bottom either, and certainely not the retarded "thumb fretting the first string" barre

troy sanders (bassist for mastodon) is pretty much known for constantly doing the bass face while leaning back excessively

>when you realise you're playing a Spector and the Fender Cartel is going to kidnap your family until you burn it

Pretty sure he's playing a Warwick there

you may be right actually, the Warwick headstock is slightly slanted on the top while the Spector is more symetrical
pretty hard to tell an NS from a Streamer from that far anyway

>Does it have compound radius too
Yes.

That settles it, I'm not buying a Jackson Bass either.

I'm a fucking cuck.I bought fender p-bass squire like a year ago for an equivalent of 300 dollars, and now I fucking hate this shit man it has a bended neck, the strings are extremely high and I can't get the lower, and it sounds fucking disgusting

I want to buy this thing but holy shit it's expensive. This is the kind of shit we have to deal with here. Hold me Ameribro's.

sounds like you need a truss rod adjustment.
www2.fender.com/experience/fender-university/fender-university-truss-rod-adjustment/

Go the fuck over to Sweetwater. They have a payment system where you can pay a little at a time.

where is here?

Been there did that, those strings are still to high and pressing them is way harder than in other bass guitars

He didnt do that where I've seen him

Eurabia. Netherlands to be specific.

Let's hear it

Buy a used one from reverb

Get a grown up to help you

I don't think I've ever seen him live or footage of him playing bass without leaning back intensely

>Also indonesian is not as bad as people make it out to be
This, Jackson pro series guitars are great value instruments

>mfw I finally listened to Rob Chapman's band for the first time
Holy shit I didn't think it'd be that bad.

I lasted about 15 seconds.

haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html

Post your masterpieces

I would actually not mind owning this.

A 27" baritone, maybe.

Took an updated pic of muh wall. Added a new Schecter Session 4 fretless to the family. It's pretty sweet when you replace the flats, and shoddy tuners with Hipshot stuff.

Is it worth getting casters for a combo amp? I've a 2x12 that I'd like to use for practice but I can't carry it very far (broken wrist a few months ago). Is the installation process easy for something like that?

Installation is easy af

Nice Strat. MIJ?

Thanks! It's an American.

if actually read the fine print it turns out they have a 20-30% APR
which is basically fucking stealing

I spent like three hours trying to learn this song yesterday (admittedly whilst doing other stuff on the computer).

youtu.be/rQEEvDcMurE

Kinda made me realise that the fingerpicking stuff that i've been writing recently is really quite simple and dull.

I'm just upset that I didn't get to play video games in that time.

>teacher tells me to lower the action on my bass for easier playing
>but the strings then start to buzz
>"so what?"
Fucking jazz players I swear to god.

Can't tell if pun or just clueless.

If you want really low action, you're going to have to learn how to control your fingers. Buzz will be inevitable if you dont have a soft yet purposeful touch.

He doesn't mind buzzing, he uses it in his music and knows how to do that. I prefer a clean sound which is why I play with a higher action. All his basses are basically set up in a way that they have "fret buzz", he just varies it and uses that.

>buying the gibson is shit meme

Gibson makes shitty instruments, just like Fender and Rickenbacker.

I mean, if it's an electric bass shouldn't a bit of buzzing on the frets be okay since it won't show up through the amp? I have a Jazzmaster which buzzes a bit acoustically but it doesn't filter into the signal. Unless your strings are really that low that you're hearing buzz through the amp.

t. headless 9 strings multiscale owner

Abadon ship!

That's not true. Fender makes Wolfgangs and they're absolutely top notch and Gibson owns Steinberger (even though Ned left to make God tier stringed instruments at NS Design). Yes, the Fender and Gibson brands are garbage, but they do own some reputable brands.