Breadcrumb Trail - 10/10
Nosferatu Man - 10/10
Don, Aman - 9/10
Washer - 10/10
...For Dinner - 9/10
Good Morning, Captain - 11/10

Overrated. Like Loveless.

twelve

What is appealing to you about getting people to reduce the album to a number while saying nothing of value about it? What makes one person's rating more useful than anothers?

Breadcrumb Trail - 10/10
Nosferatu Man - 9/10
Don, Aman - 9/10
Washer - 10/10
...For Dinner - 10/10
Good Morning, Captain - 10/10

Overall, 10/10.

beadcrumb trail -11/10
Noseratu Man- 9/10
Don, Aman - 8/10
Washer 10/10
...For dinner 10/10

The fact that no album before or after Spiderland sounds anything like it speaks wonders about the album. I'm bad at explaining why I like an album, but for fans of post-hardcore and post-rock this really is an amazing synthesis of the two.

Damn, really makes you think...

Breadcrumb Trail - 8/10
Nosferatu Man - 6/10
Don, Aman - 5/10
Washer - 2/10
...For Dinner - 3/10

It's a bad album despite Good Morning, Captain probably being in my top 10 tracks of all time.

>Washer - 2/10
You should leave this planet immediately.

>Washer - 2/10
>...For Dinner - 3/10
lol are you twelve or something

Korn for hipsters

I just want to post lyrics in uppercase.

Don memed

>Implying Korn are entirely bad

seeing how you rated this album, i'm pretty sure you listened to the album twice max.
A few more listens and you'll give it a 10 like we all do because this is honestly one of the best albums ever made

Breadcrumb Trail - 7/10
Nosferatu Man - 7/10
Don, Aman - 8/10
Washer - 9/10
...For Dinner - 7/10
Good Morning, Captain - 9/10

>liking flint
mama mia

nice meme

old meme

Breadcrumb Trail - 3.5/5
Nosferatu Man - 4/5
Don, Aman - 3/5
Washer - 3/5
...For Dinner - 3/5
Good Morning, Captain - 5/5

://

this is a fair ranking and i can agree with it although i like for dinner more than you do

Damn

bc trail 10/10
nosferatu 8/10
don aman 7.5/10
washer 10/10
for dinner 10/10
goodmorning captain 10/10

i relly really like this album

i like breadcrumb trail, nosferatu man, for dinner, and good morning captain.

i give the album a 7/10.

it's my favorite mucore and one if my favorite albums ever

the drums on this album got me interested in making music instead of just listening

I can name 500 Albums better than Spiderland.

Breadcrumb trail - 9/10
Nosferatu Man - 7.5
Don, Amon - 7/10
Washer - 10/10
For dinner... - 8/10
Good morning captain -
>picrelated/10

>Not a single hate for Good morning, Captain ITT, yet it's my least favorite song off the album

Iok

Breadcrumb Trail-10/10
Nosferatu Man-10/10
Don, Aman-9/10
Washer-10/10
For Dinner....-10/10
Good Morning, Captain-10/10

Overall 10/10 god tier. 6th best album of the 90s.

Kys

Already tried.

Good Morning Captain might actually be the most perfect song I've ever heard. It's completely perfect from start to finish, every single second.

It is if you're the biggest pleb ever.

10/10, fucking love it

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE POINT OF FOR DINNER

IS IT JUST A TRANSITION TRACK OR IS THERE SOMETHING I'M MISSING

Understandable.

it's atmospheric and creates a brooding tension within the album. Helps with pacing.

5/5
5/5
3/5
5/5
3/5
5/5

It builds up one of the most intense pieces of music ever recorded.

The album as a whole is a good 7/10, its good but incredibly overrated.

0/10?

People who rate Spiderland 10/10 need to learn music theory.
And also get better taste.

>111/10

>need to learn music theory.
?

I'm a music theory major and a concert violinist. I've spent years learning music theory and i still like this album. Am I missing something?

It's a necessary tension relief after the very intense ending of Washer and the even more so Good Morning, Captain.

>all these people rating don aman higher than for dinner

>The fact that no album before or after Spiderland sounds anything like it speaks wonders
That's it. It's peerless. like Laughing Stock.

yeah, like how there's no albums anything like that of Korn or Linkin Park either.

GTFO.

Nah.
You're just better doing music then liking it.

Good Morning, Captain is overrated. Washer is the best track. All songs are 10/10 though

NOSFERATU MAN IS THE WEAKEST TRACK AND IS THE ONE MOST TUMBLRINAS LIKE.

It really made me think when I saw it in 5 blogs music playing thingy.

Anyway

Breadcrumb Trail 8/10
Nosferatu Man 5/10
Don the user 9/10
Washer 9/10
For dinner 7.5/10
Good morning, baptain beefhart 10/10

don't know what this means
fans of spiderland will desperately try to find albums like it - but even flemish altruism (arguably closest) isn't that close.

it's incredibly unique musically.

nosferatu man is a good song, not sure what you're on about. whereas don aman (you gave a 9?!?!?) is probably the weakest track, written by one member only, brought into the studio without any other members knowing what it was, unfinished and barely arranged like the other songs are.

compare it to the incredibly well constructed structures like washer / for dinner

Not the person you replied to, but Don Aman is a great song and incredibly underrated. Don't know any song that succeeds so well at depicting a socially anxious person so expressively.

€/₩

Washer is the best song

Agreed, though it does make for a fantastic closer, you have to admit.

Breadcrumb
7/10
Nosferatu
8/10
Don
9/10
Washer
10/10
For Dinner
6/10
Captain
9/10

one of my all time favs, still haven't found something that comes close to it

mama mia

It's literally the best song on the album

Why would I do that when you're implying that it would take away from my enjoyment of the album?

Nosferatu Man is more like a 9.5 and For Dinner... is an 8.5.

nice meme

Majestic and graceful, it winds its way through the silence, which is itself a big part of the expression. Glassy, dissonant guitar lines creep through, and then an inverted version of the riff is played, followed by yet another inversion, really cool for guitar nerds. However the drums are even more expressive than the guitar, with their style of being disjointed while keeping perfect time

Spiderland is one of my favorite albums of all time.

This album came out of fucking no where and is some of the most influential work of the last 30 years. This album basically spawned what post-rock and math-rock would become.

It's really fucking influential but at the same time it still remains very distinct. The album feels very complex in ways hard to describe.

But this album is able to express anxiety like no other album can. It's hard to sit through some of this album because it makes me fucking anxious. Especially when you start to catch on to what the songs are about, like Don, Aman. I didn't fully understand what was going on in that track until about maybe 5 listens of Spiderland.

Good Morning, Captain hits like a fucking truck. One of the best closers of all time EASY.

9.5/10

>hqdefault (3).jpg

I MISS YOU

>Don Aman

Mah nigga

3/10

10/10.

Bonus tracks makes it 13/10

It's great. Love the sound and feel of the album and how quickly it grows on you after the first listen. I love the complexity that comes from the simple guitar riffs too, really adds to the feel.

9/10

its bad

>le nobody understands my social anxiety/depression meme
fuck off

Where did he say nobody understands him?

He was just saying it describes a socially anxious person in a good expressive way ,which I'm inclined to agree with.get over yourself you edge lord

I just listened to this for the first time just now and uhh, I guess the word I could use to describe this album would be "psychotic". At least that's how it sounds to me.

I love the part where the singer just starts screaming at the end of the album.

This

The drums on this album are out of this world

test

What the fuck is up with people rating Don, Aman lower than Breadcrumb Trail? Seriously, I just want an explanation from you for what I feel is ignoring the sheer musical tension that goes perfectly with the theme. I mean, just listen to the clashing bass notes and guitar riff, especially during "The lights...".

Is it the lack of the stellar drumming or the screeching guitars?